在签名活动开始之前
Before I start signing these,
托斯卡尼
艳阳下
我要感谢今晚在场的一个人
I need to thank somebody who’s here tonight.
大学和她在一起的时候 等等 这么说不对
When I had her at State… wait. That didn’t sound right.
我没和她在一起过 想法倒是有
I never had her. Wanted her, but never had her.
我想说的是我在州立大学上她的课的时候
What I meant to say was when I took her class at State,
遇到了作家最棘手的困境 缺乏灵感
I had the worst case of writer’s block in the world.
我的想法都非常糟糕 拿不出手
All I had were terrible ideas. I hated them all.
正当我想退选这门课时
I was just about to drop the class
她对我说了一番话 改变了一切
when she said something to me that changed everything.
她说
She said,
糟糕的想法就像操场上被当做替罪羊的孩子
“Terrible ideas are like playground scapegoats,
只要给予适当的鼓励
given the right encouragement,
他们就会成为天才
they grow up to be geniuses.”
就算想法糟糕 她也让我选定一个努力写
She told me to take one of my terrible ideas and work on it.
我做到了
Well, I did.
弗朗西丝·梅斯 喜欢糟糕主意的人
Frances Mayes, who loves terrible ideas.
我可以舌吻你吗
May I please French kiss you now?
快去吧 威廉小子
Yeah, go for it, William boy!
已婚人士 威廉 抱歉
Married, William. Sorry.
-为我骄傲吗 -无以复加
– Proud of me? – Ridiculously.
弗朗西丝 不可思议 你怎么做出来的
Frances, these are amazing. What did you do to them?
巧克力的关键是火候 朋友
Chocolate is timing, my friend.
剩下的就只能靠魔法了
The rest is magic.
教授好
Hey, Professor.
-我好渴 酒在哪 -那里
– I am so thirsty. Where’s the wine? – There.
汤姆真是个走运的混♥蛋♥
Tom is one lucky bastard.
老婆是作家 还会做布朗尼蛋糕
A literary wife who makes brownies?
我发誓 要是你还是裸体烹饪
I swear, if you tell me you cook in the nude,
我就回家自杀
I’ll go home and kill myself.
从不裸体 丁字裤而已
Never in the nude. Always in a thong.
其实 如果你了解弗朗西丝一点
Actually, if you knew Frances better,
就会知道布朗尼是逃避的信♥号♥♥
you’d know these brownies are a sign of avoidance.
-谢谢 -不客气
– Thanks. – You’re welcome.
-小说怎么样了 -不是很顺利
– How’s the novel going? – Not so well.
当然 拖稿必定如影随形
But the procrastination, of course, is coming along fabulously.
很快自我厌恶情绪滋生
Then soon it will breed abject self-loathing,
然后再变成一个写作机器
and then I’ll just become a writing machine.
-这就是她的写作流程 -汤姆呢
– It’s her process. – What about Tom?
他的书怎么样了
How’s his book going?
很好 他现在就在家写着呢
Fine. He’s home writing right now.
-你认识汤姆吗 -最近见过一面
– You know Tom? – I met him recently.
巧遇吧
Sort of by coincidence.
另一件巧事就是 你评论过我的一本书
The other coincidence is that you reviewed a book of mine.
我评论过吗 我喜欢吗
I did? Did I like it?
-你不喜欢 -很遗憾
– You didn’t. – Well, I’m sorry.
我敢肯定有很多其他评论家喜欢你的书
I’m sure there were a lot of other critics who loved it.
我个人看法 别太放心上
And I really hope you didn’t take it personally.
你说我的主角”不切实际”
You called my lead character “Unrealistic”.
我觉得不好的评论应该看完就忘
I think that bad reviews should just be forgotten.
给他一块布朗尼
Give him a brownie.
我想送你这块布朗尼
And I would like to give you this brownie.
作为和解的礼物
It comes in peace.
你说你没兴趣读一本这样的小说
You said you just couldn’t get interested in a novel
小说主人公是中年男子
where the protagonist was a middle-aged guy
却整日活在
who spent all of his time
他那青少年的幻想中
living out his horny teenaged fantasies.
我只是觉得这很讽刺
I just find that ironic.
讽刺 为什么
Ironic? Why?
问你丈夫吧
Ask your husband.
他刚才说什么
What did he just say?
弗朗西丝
Frances.
弗朗西丝
Frances?
我有个不幸的消息告诉你
I’ve got some unfortunate news for you.
我刚和你丈夫的律师通完电♥话♥
I just got off the phone with your husband’s attorney
他们要…要追索赡养费
and they’re going to… they’re going to pursue alimony.
我现在自己都是勉强营生
How can we be talking about alimony
赡养费从何谈起…
when I hardly make enough money to…
但是你…你曾经婚内资助过他
But you… you supported him during the marriage.
对 但当时他在做研究和写书
Yes, but while he was researching and writing his book.
我工作的时候他是在假装工作
I worked while he pretended to be.
不幸的是 现在只讲数字不讲情
Unfortunately, this is just about the math.
-是他有了外遇 -加州是婚姻免责州
– Well, he was having an affair. – California’s a no-fault state.
他的律师表示
His attorney indicated
你丈夫更想要一次偿清赡养费
that your husband would prefer an alimony buyout.
既然你们两个生活得比较简朴
Since you two were living rather modestly,
我想这个数目不会太大
I don’t think the numbers should be too bad.
他们可能会开
They’re probably talking about something like
20万
$200,000.
-我可没这么多钱 -很遗憾 你有
– I don’t have that kind of money. – Unfortunately, you do.
房♥子吗
The house?
你买♥♥下它后 它的价格就一路飙升
Its value went through the roof since you bought it.
而且我翻新过 用我妈的钱
And renovated it, with my mother’s money.
现在全部属于社区资产了
Well, it’s all… it’s all community property now.
这么说他得到半个房♥子加上赡养费
So he gets half the house and alimony?
数目还有回旋余地
Well, there’s leeway in the numbers
我们会尽可能争取
and we’ll make all the arguments we can.
而且我们有个谈判的筹码 他想要房♥子
But there is a bargaining chip. He wants the house.
-他想继续住在那 -是的
– He wants to keep living there? – Yeah.
如果你让他得到房♥子
And if you let him have it, well,
你就能获得笔数目可观的钱
you could end up with a lot of money in your pocket.
我知道他特别想要房♥子
I understand he wants it pretty badly.
对不起 这太不现实了
Sorry. This is so surreal. Um…
他怎么可能有钱买♥♥下我那半房♥子
How… how would he even find the money to buy me out of my half?
显然他的新欢喜欢那地方
Apparently she likes the place.
周围有不错的学校
It’s near the right schools.
学校 她莫非…
Schools. She’s…
你会挺过去的
You’re gonna get over this.
你一定会的 弗朗西丝
You will, Frances.
你一定会重新找到幸福的
Someday you’re gonna be happy again.

Right.
-桌子呢 -桌子搬走
– And the desk? – The desk goes.
不 桌子留下
No. The desk can stay.
-沙发呢 -搬走吧
– The couch? – Yes, please.
我们快点把沙发搬出去
Vamos con la sofa, por favor, y de aprisa.
等等 不 沙发还是留下吧
Wait a minute. No. The sofas can stay.
回来 先别搬走
No, esperate. Esperese para alla, por favor.
-椅子呢 -也不用搬
– How about the chairs? – They stay, too.
这样 所有东西都留着除了
Actually, everything’s going to stay except
除了那边的箱子
except those boxes over there,
那三个装书的箱子
those three boxes with the books in them.
如果你不介意的话
If you don’t mind.
-你确定吗 -是的
– You’re sure? – Yeah.
卧室呢
The bedroom?

No.
-厨房♥ -不用
– Kitchen? -No.
把纸箱搬走
Levantense los cartones, por favor.
那我们完工了
So then we’re done?
完工了
We’re done.
你离婚了
You gettin’ a divorce?
看得出来吗
It shows?
这是带家具的短租公♥寓♥
These are furnished short-term apartments.
每户都差不多
That’s all we get.
住在2B的邻居是个律师
Your neighbor in 2B, he’s an attorney.
他的离婚官司拖拖拉拉三年了
His divorce has been draggin’ on for three years.
人不错 还免费给其他房♥客提供法律咨♥询♥
Nice guy. Gives free legal advice to the other tenants.
如果他哭得让你心神不宁
If his crying gets on your nerves,
你敲敲墙 他就会停
you just bang on the wall. He’ll stop.
抱歉
Sorry.
住你楼上的人是个医生
The guy in the apartment above you is a doctor.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!