我在芝加哥大学待过两年
I was two years at the University of Chicago.
-学习处♥女♥辨别学 -那只是在夜校
-Studying virgin detection? -Only at night school.
白天则是研究建筑学
Architecture during the day.
我总是认为美国女人会不一样
I always thought American women would be different.
我曾认为她们冲破了压抑的屏障
I thought in America they’d broken through the inhibitions barrier…
那是一个长久的性的盛会
and it was all one long sex feast.
-不是吗 -不是
-No? -But no. But no.
受很好教育长大的美国女孩可能
Your nicely brought up American girl
会表现得很酷而且时尚…
may play it cool and modern…
但是她真正想要的却还是她的祖母想要的东西
but what she wants is what her grandmother wanted.
你的头上戴满东西 挂在客厅的墙上展示
Your head stuffed and mounted on the living room wall.
如果你不喜欢那样的话
And if you don’t want it that way,
你可以把你所爱的自己带到别处去
you can take your loving self elsewhere.
当然 这只是通常地说
Speaking quite generally, of course.
当然 她是谁
Of course. Who was she?
你是什么意思
What do you mean?
她的名字叫做凯茜 如果你非要知道的话
Her name was Cathy Seligman, if you must know.
她很自私 贪婪 俗气…
She was selfish, grasping, Philistine…
很物质 顽固 武断
materialistic, stubborn, opinionated.
我为她着迷
I was crazy about her.
你很幸运 你不会遇到她
Lucky for you, you’ll never meet her.
她现在是曼彻斯特霍华德麦克斯韦太太了
She’s now Mrs. Howard Maxwell Manchester. Cha-cha-cha.
我早就知道你们总会见面的
I always knew you two had to meet.
“只有一个唯一的麻烦” 霍华德说
“There’s only one drawback, ” Howard said.
“我们必须要去希腊”
“We’ll have to go to Greece.”
-记得那样说过吗 -是的
-Remember saying that, Howard? -Yes, yes.
麻烦 当然 我欣喜若狂了
Drawback! Of course, I absolutely flipped!
豪伊 别这样
Howie, come on.
我们到了乔里之后…想到的第一件事
Naturally the first thing we thought of, landing in Jolly OI’…
就是和你联络
was getting in touch with you.
我从没想到你们新婚夫妇
Mind you, I never thought that you newlyweds would
会愿意和我们一起旅游
want to travel with us ancients.
说实话 我们并不在乎和谁一起旅游
We don’t care who we travel with, frankly.
-哦 好吧 -告诉我一些事情
-Oh, Mark. -Hey, tell me something.
妈妈 蛇有乳♥头♥吗
Mommy, do snakes have nipples?
不 它们没有 是吧 豪伊
Oh, no they don’t, Ruthie. Do they, Howie?
是的 它们没有
Uh, no, they don’t.
露丝很喜欢自然界的东西
Ruthie is hooked on nature.
你们这两个孩子可以有空和我们一起来 实在是太棒了
It’s so wonderful you two kids were free to come with us.
我只知道我们会成为 非常非常好的朋友
I just know that we’re all going to be terribly terrific friends.
你知道的 马克曾经是我最喜欢的追求者
Of course, Joanna, you know that Mark used to be my favorite beau.
第二喜欢的
Second favorite.
最最喜欢的
Favorite favorite.
那是在你出现之前 霍华德
That was before you came on the scenario, Howie.
当然了
Of course. Of course.
-它们为什么没有 -谁没有什么
-Well, why don’t they? -Why don’t who what?
蛇没有乳♥头♥
Snakes have nipples.
因为它们是生蛋的
Because they lay eggs.
你没有忘记把抗蛇毒的血清带上吧
Cathy, did you remember to pack the anti-snake serum?
很好
Good.
马克 你记得大卫勒维森吗
Mark, do you remember David Lewinsohn?
-不记得了 大卫 -哦 是伍迪·勒维森
-No. David? -It was Woody Lewinsohn.
他成为了一个非常优秀的物理学家 在纽约市
He’s become a very fine physician in New York City.
-我想起来了 -他教了霍华德怎么对付蛇咬
-Oh, I remember. -And he gave Howard a course in how to treat snakebites…
怎么注射皮下血清和其它的东西
how to inject the serum subcutaneously and all that.
-我们花了50美元 -60美元
-We’ve invested over 50 dollars in… -Sixty.
60美元买♥♥了抗蛇毒的东西
Sixty dollars in anti-snake equipment.
哦 我希望谁能被蛇咬一口
Well, I sure hope somebody gets bitten by a snake.
我的100公里到了
Well, that’s my hundred exactly.
让我看看
Now let me see.
马克 轮到你来开了
Mark, it’s you to drive.
我们交换一下位置就可以了
So we change places, and that’s all there is to it.
我饿了
I’m hungry!
我觉得霍华德对于组织活动很在行
I think Howard’s wonderful the way he organizes everything.
他并不是一个没有效率的顾问 是吗 亲爱的
He’s not an efficiency consultant for nothing. Are you, sweetness?
如果他是的话 你就不会嫁给他了
If he were, he wouldn’t be married to you, honey.
我饿了
I’m hungry!
把那本旅行指南递给我 甜心
Hand me that guidebook, sugar.
谢谢
Thanks.
我想吃东西了
I want to eat something now!
如果你想毁了你的午餐 露丝 你可以吃
If you want to ruin your lunch, Ruthiebelle, you can.
我们希望把事情留给露丝自己去决定
We believe in leaving things to Ruthie’s own free decision.
是那个钥匙让车开动的吗
Does that key make the car go?
可以这么说
Sort of.
露丝 那会弄疼妈妈的
Ruthie! That hurt Mommy!
你看到她做了什么吗 她捏了我
Howard, did you see what she did? She pinched me!
是的 她可能觉得你冷落她了
Yes, well, she probably thinks you’re excluding her,
亲爱的 她需要被安慰
honey bunch. She needs reassuring.
如果她再这样做的话 我会需要住院治疗
If she does it again, I’m gonna need hospitalization.
是的 好吧 我们会保护的
Yes, well, we’re covered.
你学过分♥析♥学吗
Have you ever been in analysis?
没有
No.
非常值得去学一下
It can be very worthwhile.
我给你讲个故事好吗 露丝
Shall I tell you a story, Ruthie?
乔安娜 谢谢你
Oh, Joanna, thank you.
-过来吧 宝贝 -来吧 露丝
-There we are, love. There we are. -Come on, Ruthie.
哦 好像过去的时光啊 华勒士先生
Well, well, well. Quite like old times, Mr. Wallace.
我懂了你说的重新整理行李是什么意思 马库斯
I see what you mean about rearranging the luggage, Marcus.
我想你会知道的 豪伊
Thought you might, Howie.
哇 多好的阳光啊
Wow, that’s a real sun.
我们在向南行驶 亲爱的
Well, we’re gettin’ way down south, honey.
妈妈 我饿了 我现在想吃东西了
Mommy, I’m hungry! I want to eat something now!
我什么都不想吃
I don’t want anything to eat.
我想她晚些时候会稳定下来的
I think maybe she’s gonna be a little late fixating.
她觉得我们都在催促她
She felt we hurried her.
为什么我们不全都休息一下呢
Why don’t we all relax, hmm?
马库斯 我想谈一下花费的问题…
Oh, Marcus, I’ve been meaning to say about expenses…
我想我已经想出了一个公式
I think I’ve come up with a formula.
露丝
Ruthie.
如果你们没有异议的话 露丝就算做半个
If you’re agreeable, we’ll call Ruthie a half…
在这种情况下
in which event
我们可以最有效地 把所有东西分成9部分…
we can most efficaciously divide everything into nine parts…
然后再把9份以五比四的比例分开
and split them in the ratio of five to four.
对了 我想这就是我们今天早上的花费的最终结果了
Yes, well, I think that’s the final breakdown on this morning’s expenses.
-马克 如果你想检查一下的话 -我相信你
-Mark, if you’d care to check it. -I believe you.
好的 我们可以出发了吗
Well, shall we go?
嗯哼…
Mm-hmm.
你不喜欢我的房♥子 是吗
You don’t like my house, do you?
很美观 高水平
It’s very handsome. Split-level.
可以卖♥♥25000磅 我很喜欢
Market at 25, 000. I like it a lot.
很漂亮 露丝 来吧 甜心
It’s beautiful, Ruthiebelle. Come on, sweetheart.
我想把我的房♥子带着一起走
I want to take my house with me!
她觉得没有安全感 挺正常的
She’s feeling insecure. Only natural.
-走吧 亲爱的 -我想把我的房♥子一起带走
-Come on, sweetness. -I want to take my house with me!
我想要
I want it!
露丝 这一次 我必须要说不了
Ruthie, this time I have to say no.
我的意思是 不行 绝对不行
And I mean no. Now no!
有时采取一种有弹性的态度 是很有必要的
It’s very reassuring at times to retain a certain flexibility of attitude.
霍华德有一种非常成熟的品质
Howard has a tremendously mature quality, Marcus.
那是我爱他的原因 他很有安全感
That’s what I love about him. He has quiet assurance.
你不觉得他有安全感吗
Don’t you think he has quiet assurance?
-非常有安全感 -他是当丈夫的类型
-Very quiet assurance. -He’s the husband type.
你总是好情人的类型 我想你现在还是一样
You were always the lover type. I guess basically you still are.
我和乔安娜结婚快两年了
I’ve been married toJoanna for nearly two years.
但是你们的关系不太稳定 每个人都看得出来
But your relationship is basically volatile. Anyone can see that.
乔安娜 我不想刚才发生的事情 使你有不好的感觉
Joanna, I don’t want you to feel badly about what happened just now.
-真的没有关系 -我想是有关系的 乔安娜
-Oh, it doesn’t really matter. -I think it does matter, Joanna.
你讨厌露丝 是吗
You resent Ruthie, don’t you?
-只是洒出了一点酒而已 -你误解我了
-Oh, a little spilt wine. -You misunderstand me.
你讨厌她是因为她代表着你想要的孩子
You resent her because she represents the child you want to have.