What year is this?
你认为呢?
What year do you think it is?
1996年
1 996.
1996年还没到 你以为你活在未来?
That’s the future,James. Do you think you’re living in the future?
1996年已经过了
1 996 is the past.
不 1996年还没到
No, 1 996 is the future.
今年是1990年
This is 1 990.
给我闭嘴
Shut up, ladies.
你们要带我去哪?
Where’re you taking me?
要带你法国南部的高级旅馆 老兄
South of France, buddy. Fancy hotel. You’ll love it.
我不能去法国 我需要打电♥话♥
I can’t go to France. I just need to make a telephone call.
别吵了 你唬得了医生唬不了我们
Yeah, yeah. Zip it, Daisy. You fooled the shrink, but you don’t fool us.
走吧 老兄
Let’s go, ace.
好啦 过来
All right. Come on, come on.
过来坐下 让我看看你的头
There you go. Now, lemme see your head,Jimbo.
看看有没有虱子
See if you got any creepy crawlers.
我要打电♥话♥
I need to make a telephone call.
这个你要问医生 只要医生答应就可以
Got to get to a doctor,Jimbo. Can’t make no calls till the doctor says.
很重要的
It’s very important!
詹姆斯 你现在应该放轻松 熟悉一下环境
What you gotta do,Jimbo, is take it easy. Relax into things.
你放轻松 我们也轻松
And we’ll all get along fine if you just relax.
走吧 还不走!
Let’s go. Come on, let’s go.
喂 戈因斯
Hey, Goines!
戈因斯
Yo, Goines!
喂 杰弗里
Yo,Jeffrey!
戈因斯
Goines.
干嘛?
What?
听好
Look here.
这是詹姆斯 帮我带他到处看看
This here’s James. Now, do me a favor. Why don’t you show him around?
告诉他看电视的规矩 还有玩具放哪
Tell him the TV rules. Show him the games and stuff. Okay?
你要付我多少钱? 那可是你该做的事
How much you gonna pay me? How much? I’d be doin’ your job.
五千块够不够?
Five thousand dollars. That enough?
五千块?
Five thousand?
我会把钱汇进你的户头
I’ll wire a cheque to your account as usual.
五千 五千!
Five thousand dollars. Five thousand dollars!
五千
Five thousand dollars.
我让他参加精神病院豪华团
I’ll give him the deluxe mental hospital tour.
好兄弟
My man.
说笑话 逗他们开心 谁叫我们是朋友
Kid around, makes’em feel good. We’re pals.
你是病人 不对 你是管♥理♥员♥
You’re the prisoners. No, you’re the guards.
你说对啦
Now you got it.
放心 保证你满意 这里有玩具
Okay, it’s all in good fun. Here’s some games here.
这里还有…起来 起来
And there’s… Get out! Get out!
他坐了我的椅子
He was in my chair.
玩具…玩具 这里还有玩具
Games. Games. Here’s some games.
被锁住的玩具
Games that wanna get out.
看到没? 数不清的玩具
See? More games.
玩具会让你变成植物人 看到没?
Games, they’ve getize you. See?
让你玩游戏就是给你吃镇定剂
If you play the games, you’re voluntarily taking a tranquillizer.
他们八成喂你吃过药 麻♥醉♥药♥!
I guess they gave you some chemical restraints. Drugs!
你是吃哪一种 吃多少 是不是抑郁剂?
What’d they give you? Thorazine? Haldol? How much? How much?
最起码你要知道药名和药量
Learn your drugs. Know your dosages. It’s elementary.
– 我要打电♥话♥ – 打电♥话♥?
– I need to make a telephone call. – A telephone call?
就是要和外界联络? 你必须问过医生
That’s communication with the outside world. Doctor’s discretion.
要是所有的疯子都乱打电♥话♥
If all of these nuts could just make phone calls…
那疯病就会从电♥话♥线传出去
it could spread insanity oozing through telephone cables…
跑进那些正常人的耳朵里 害他们生病
oozing to the ears of all these poor, sane people, infecting them.
大家都会被传染 变成疯子
Wackos everywhere. A plague of madness.
其实啊…只有几个人是真的神经有问题
In fact, very few,Jim… Jim, very few of us here are actually mentally ill.
我不是说你没问题
I’m not saying you’re not mentally ill.
据我所知 你是个大疯子
For all I know, you’re crazy as a loon.
你会进来不是因为你是疯子
But that’s not why you’re here.
是因为制度
You’re here because of the system.
电视在那里
There’s the television.
制度就在里面
It’s all right there. All right there.
看 听 跪 拜
Look, listen, kneel, pray.
电视广♥告♥
The commercials!
我们变得不劳动 一切变得自动化
We’re not productive any more. Don’t make things. It’s all automated.
那我们是什么呢? 我们是消费者
What are we for then? We’re consumers,Jim.
买♥♥一堆东西就是好公民
Okay, okay. Buy a lot of stuff, you’re a good citizen.
那不买♥♥东西的又是什么?
But if you don’t buy a lot of stuff, what are you then?
是什么? 是疯子
What? You’re mentally ill.
这是事实 詹姆斯 要是你不买♥♥卫生纸 新车
Fact,Jim. Fact! If you don’t buy things: toilet paper, new cars…
电动情♥趣♥用♥品♥
electrically operated sexual devices…
附有脑电波耳机的音响系统
stereo systems with brain-implanted headphones…
雷达改锥 语♥音♥电脑
screwdrivers with built-in radar devices, voice-activated computers…
别激动 杰弗里
Take it easy,Jeffrey.
放轻松
Be calm!
没错 听你的 漂亮阿姨
Right. That’s right. You’re a very attractive woman.
如果想看某个电视节目 例如”儿女成群”
If you want to watch a particular TV program, like All My Children…
你只要告诉护士节目的播出时间
go to the nurse, tell her the day, the time the show you wanna see is on.
不过一定要提早告诉她
But you have to tell her before the show is scheduled to be on
有人总是等到节目播完以后才说
This guy was always requesting shows that had already played.
没错 所以你一定要事先说好
Yes. No. You have to tell her before.
他搞不清楚 以为护士能让时光倒转
He couldn’t grasp the idea that the nurse couldn’t make it be yesterday.
她不能让时光倒转 谢谢爱因斯坦
She couldn’t turn back time! Thank you, Einstein.
他根本就是疯子 他是精神病
Now he, he was nuts. He was a fruitcake,Jim.
够了 杰弗里 我要帮你打♥针♥了
Okay, that’s it,Jeffrey. You’re gonna get a shot.
我警告你
I warned you.
好 好…
Right.
我向詹姆斯解释医院的规矩
I got a little carried away…
所以才会说得这么高兴
explaining the inner workings of the institution to Jim.
其实我不是外星人
I don’t really come from outer space.
他是华盛顿 他不是外星人
Oh. L.J. Washington. He doesn’t really come from outer space.
朋友 一点都不好笑
Don’t mock me, my friend.
不准坐我的椅子
Get outta my chair!
这是精神分♥裂♥的现象
It’s a condition of mental divergence.
我发现自己到了奥格星
I find myself on the planet Ogo.
高等生物居住的星球之一
Part of an intellectual elite…
正准备去征服冥王星的野蛮民族
preparing to subjugate the barbarian hordes on Pluto.
虽然我相信奥格星确实存在
But even though this is a totally convincing reality for me in all ways…
实际上那只是我幻想出来的世界
nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche.
我有精神分♥裂♥
I am mentally divergent…
所以才能逃避来自地球上…
in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities…
困扰我的某种现实
that plague my life here.
只要我不再去奥格星就没事了
When I stop going there, I will be well.
你也会精神分♥裂♥吗 朋友?
Are you also divergent, friend?
这是给疯子待的地方
This is a place for crazy people.
我没有疯
I’m not crazy.
科尔先生 我们不用”疯子”这个词
We don’t use that term, “crazy,” Mr. Cole.
他们全部都太搞笑了
You’ve got some real nuts here!
有些事情只有我知道
I know some things that you don’t know.
很难向你们解释清楚
It’s gonna be very difficult for you to understand it.
我不是要伤害他们
I’m not gonna hurt anyone!
没关系
All right.
你们有谁听过…
Look, have any of you heard…
十二猴子军?
of the Army of the Twelve Monkeys?
他们会在墙上留下这样的记号♥
They stencil this on the sides of buildings everywhere.
你有看过吗 你有看过吗?
Have you seen this? Have you seen this?
科尔先生 不要急慢慢来…
Why don’t you just Take your time…
你可以从头开始解释
and try to explain this from the beginning?
对 现在是1990年
Right, right. It’s 1 990.
有道理 他们还没开始行动
Okay, that makes sense. They wouldn’t have been active yet.
1996年和1997年有五十亿人死亡
Five billion people died in 1 996 and 1 997.
人数几乎等于全球的总人口
Almost the entire population of the world.
只有百分之一的人幸免于难
Only about one percent of us survived.
你要来救我们?
Are you going to save us?
怎么救?已经发生了
How can I? This already happened.
我不能救你 没人能救你
I can’t save you. Nobody can.
我只是来搜集资料 帮助现在的人…
I am simply trying to gather information to help the people in the present…
追溯病毒来源