I got shot.
我中枪了
I always felt like I’d be shot.
我一直觉得我像是中枪了
Somebody was trying to do me some harm
有些人一直想伤害我
because a lot of people don’t like me.
因为很多人不喜欢我
But I didn’t think it was gonna happen at that particular moment.
但我不认为在那个特殊时刻会出事
I’m surprised, but I’m happy.
我很惊奇 我也很欣慰
I believe that, you know, this is all in God’s hands.
我相信 全是天意
And I’m very appreciative to God for everything I’ve gotten to do.
我为我曾经做过的事对老天祈祷
But also, about death, we look at death from the selfish side, like:
而且 关于死亡 我们发现死亡来自自私那边
“That guy died. Oh, it’s so sad.” Why is it sad?
那个人挂了 噢 太伤感了 为什么要伤感呢
He’s away from all of this bad stuff that’s here on Earth.
它只不过是世界上最坏的事而已
I mean, at the worst, he’s just somewhere quiet, no nothing.
我的意思是 最坏 它只是某个角落的寂静 没什么其他的
At best, he’s an angel…or he’s a spirit somewhere.
最好的话 他会变成个天使 或者 他的灵魂会升华
What is so bad about that?
关于死亡 什么是最糟糕的呢
Throughout my life, I just wanted to be like an angel for God,
我的整个人生 我只是想变成一个神的天使
do something where I could be of some help.
我可以做点有用的事
And I can do that. I mean, I’m an artist.
我做到了 我的意思是 我是一个艺术家
It’s not like I have to tell the truth. I have to tell a story
我不是必须得说出真♥象♥ 我必须得说一个故事
and reach you and get some kind of feeling from you.
让你感觉好一点
And then try to get the moral across.
然后试着逾越道德的界线
So this is my story.
那么这就是我的故事
A story about ambition, violence, redemption and love.
一个关于野心 暴♥力♥ 救赎和爱的故事
In my life, I was different things for different people.
我的一生 就是发生在不同人里的不同的事
What’s up, nigga?
喂 黑鬼
Some people say I was a thug and a gangsta.
一些人说 我是帮派匪徒
Other people remember me as a poet and a born leader.
其他人形容我像是一个诗人和一个天生的领袖
But I’m saying to you measure a man by his actions fully,
但我告诉你 看一个人要看他的一举一动
through his whole life, from the beginning to the end.
透过他的一生 从开始到结束
Everybody’s past is what made their future.
每个人的过去创造了他的未来
It’s, like, about destiny.
他是 对 他就像命运
Speak, drums Tell the real story
说 鼓手 说真实的
My mother was a Black Panther,
我妈就像头黑色的豹子
and she was really involved in the movement.
她真的很复杂在时光流逝中
Power! Power!
权利 权力
Power to the people! Power to the people!
权力属于人♥民♥ 权力属于人♥民♥
You know, just black people bettering themselves and things like that.
你知道 只有黑人比他们自己好 还会做那样的事
She had a high position in the Panther Party, which was unheard of,
她有很高的目标在黑人里 甚至是没听过的目标
because there was sexism, even in the Panthers.
因为甚至在黑人里都有性别歧视
All of my roots to the struggle are real deep.
我所有挣扎 斗争的原因都是很深刻的
I was named after this lnca chief from South America
我以来自南美的因卡酋长命名
whose name was Tupac Amaru. And I think the tribal breakdown
叫图派克 阿玛努 我想这是种族的崩溃
means, like, intelligent warrior, something like that. He’s a deep dude.
意思是 就像 聪明的勇士 就像那样 他是很深刻的
If I go to South America, they’re gonna love me.
如果我去南美 他们会爱我的
My stepfather at the time, Mutulu Shakur,
我的继父 MUTULU SHAKUR 在那个时候
he was also, like, a well-known revolutionary.
他就像一个有名的革命者
And then my godfather, Geronimo Pratt,
Geronimo Pratt 然后我的教父
had a top official rank position with the Panthers on the West Coast.
在西海岸和黑人们有很高的政♥治♥目标
You can jail a revolutionary, but you can’t jail a revolution.
你可以把革命者关起来 但你囚禁不了革命
I think that my mother, like Fred Hampton, Mark Clark,
我想 我的妈妈 就像弗雷德 汉普顿 马克 克拉克
Harriet Tubman, they felt like they were laying tracks
Harriet Tubman 他们觉得像是瞄准了轨道
for a generation to come.
为了一代
Come in, little brothers, sisters. Y’all sit down and get something to eat.
进来 小兄弟 小妹妹 你们都坐下吃点东西
There was always white people around helping out.
一直有白人四周帮忙解决问题的
But still, you know, there’s racism.
但是仍然 你知道 存在着种族问题
So when the Panthers hit, the government panicked.
所以当黑人进攻 政♥府♥就会恐慌
And they felt like the Panthers were detrimental to American society.
他们觉得黑人对于美国社会不利
Remember, this country had a man named J. Edgar Hoover,
记住 这个国家曾经有个男人叫 J. Edgar Hoover
whose job it was to destroy the credibility of any black man coming up.
他的工作就是尽最大力消灭黑人
– That’s what they did to the Panthers. – Power to the people.
那就是 他为什么对黑人这么做 权力属于人♥民♥
The government raided every Panther’s house, especially the ones
政♥府♥ 袭击每个黑人的房♥子 特别是这个
who they felt like could do the most damage as an orator.
他们觉得可能会成为最有力的演讲者的
So they just burst in and put a gun to my mother’s head and said:
所以 他们闯了进来 用枪指着我妈的头说
“Don’t move. You’re under arrest.”
“别动 你被捕了”
They treated her like less than human.
他们对她非人的对待
My mother was pregnant with me while she was in prison.
我妈在监狱正怀着我
She was her own attorney, never been to law school.
她是她自己的律师 虽然她从没学过法律
She was facing 300 and something odd years.
她正在掩盖着什么在剩下的日子
One black woman, pregnant, beat the case.
一个黑人妇女 怀着孕 对抗着诉讼
That just goes to show you the strength of a black woman
那证明了你是否是有能力的女人
and the strength of the oppressed.
这是压♥迫♥下的能力 在抑郁中爆发的实力
And a month after she got out of prison, she gave birth to me.
然后一个月后 她出狱了 生下了我
So I was cultivated in prison. My embryo was in prison.
所以 我是被监狱熏陶过的 我的初期就是在监狱
When I was a little baby, I remember that one moment of calm peace,
当我还是小孩的时候 我记得那个平静和平的时刻
and three minutes after that, it was on.
然后3分钟以后 那就开始了
I rebelled against my mother because she was in the movement
我反抗我的母亲 因为她是随着潮流的
and we never spent time together. She was speaking and going to colleges.
我们绝对不会花时间在一起 因为她要去大学演讲
I used to feel like she cared more about the people than her people.
我常常觉得他关心黑人们要多于关心她自己的儿子
And then after that was over, it was more time spent with me,
后来 这个状况结束了 她又重新开始关心我了
and we were like, “You’re my mother.” She was like, “You’re my son.”
我们就像那样 “你是我老妈,我是你儿子”
Then she was really close with me and really strict, almost.
她和我很亲近 但也对我很严格
My mother is totally brilliant, totally understanding and caring.
我的母亲是非常棒的 很有同情心 心胸宽阔
And she’s human. I mean, she’ll be wrong a lot, but we can talk about it.
但她不是神 我的意思是 她也有很多缺点 但我们从来不谈这个
She taught me how to be community-oriented,
她教会了我社会的走向
and to analyze society.
和教我怎么分♥析♥这个社会
Me and my sister grew up good, and we have good minds and everything.
我和我的妹妹很好地成长着 我们有很好的想法对于任何事
But we just didn’t have money.
但我们就是没钱
Poverty is…
贫穷那
It’s no joke. If there was no money and everything depended
那不是开玩笑 如果没有钱 任何事都基于
on your moral standards and the way you treated people,
你的道德标准 那你就会很惨
we’d be millionaires. We’d be rich.
我们要变成百万富豪 我们要变得有钱
But, since it’s not like that, then we’re stone-broke.
但是 后来不像想象中的那样 然后我们身无分文
I can’t always have what I want or things that I think I need.
我不能一直拥有我想要的 事情也不像我想的那样
Poverty, if I hated anything, it would be that.
贫穷 如果讨厌一切 事情就会像那样
You and me were born and raised in Harlem.
你和我在黑人区出生发酵
And every time you put it down, you’re not only putting us down,
每次你羞辱他 但不只是羞辱了自己
but Mama and Papa.
妈妈 和 爸爸
My real father was a Black Panther,
我真正的父亲是一头黑豹
but when I was growing up, I never knew who my father was for sure.
但在我成长的时候 我确实不知道谁是我老爸
My stepfather was a gangster, a straight-up street hustler.
我继父是一个土匪 一个真正的皮条客
My mom had a kid, he didn’t even care.
我母亲有了孩子 他从不关心
He’s like, “That’s my son,” took care of me, gave me money.
他就像那样 那是我儿子 要我照顾的话 给我钱
He was a criminal too, out doing his thing.
他是个罪犯 我行我素
So he only came, brought me money and then left.
所以他只是来带走我们的钱 然后离开
It’s OK to go to Harlem and celebrate your birthday with your friends,
去黑人区和朋友庆祝生日没什么
but I don’t think we would really fit in.
但我想我还没真正准备好
I hate saying this because whites love hearing blacks talk about this.
我讨厌说这些 因为白人喜欢听黑人讨论这个
I know for a fact that, had I had a father,
我清楚地知道 我有一个父亲
I’d have had some discipline, I’d have had more confidence.
我最好得做些训练 我得有信心
Your mother cannot calm you down the way a man can.
你的母亲不能让你冷静下来 但一个男人可以
Your mother can’t reassure you the way a man can.
你的母亲不能让你恢复信心 但一个男人可以
My mother couldn’t show me where my manhood was.
我的母亲无法让我知道我成熟的样子
You need a man to teach you how to be a man.
你需要一个男子汉来教你怎么变成男子汉
When I was young, I was quiet, withdrawn.
当我小的时候 我很安静 性格很内向
I read a lot. I wrote poetry. I kept a diary.
我读很多书 我写诗 坚持写日记
I watched TV all the time. I stayed in front of the television.
我所有时间都在看电视 我一直呆在电视前面
And I could see all these people out there in this pretend world.
我可以看见人们生活在虚伪的世界里
And I knew I could be part of it if I pretended too.
我知道 如果我也是虚伪的话 我可以成为他们的一分子
The way Arnold looked on Diff’rent Strokes,
阿诺德面向的另外一种方式
I used to like the lifestyle, the way he used to live.
我通常喜欢这样的生活方式 他平常的生活方式
So early on, I just watched and emulated.
在早期 我只是看和模仿
I thought if I can be an actor and act like those characters,
我想如果我变成一个演员 我会演那样的角色
I could have some of their joy.
我可以品尝到他们的乐趣
Oh, thank you, Mr. D!
噢 谢谢 D先生
If I could act like I had a big family, I wouldn’t feel as lonely.
如果我可以像那样演 一个大家庭的一分子 我应该不会觉得孤单
My first acting job was at the Apollo Theater
我的第一个演出工作是在阿波罗剧院
when Jesse Jackson was running for president in 1984.
当杰克逊竞选1984年总统的时候
It was a fundraiser, and I was a little kid.
那是个资金筹集者 当我还是个孩子的时候
Travis, from “Raisin in the Sun”. When the curtain went up,
Travis, 来自升起的太阳 当帷幕被拉起的时候
I just caught that bug that everybody talks about.
当每个人谈论这事的时候 我还在抓小虫子
I was like, “Whoa, this is it.”
我就像那样 哇哈哈 就是这个