没错 那为什么会有这些的不同呢?
Right, and why might differences like this exist?
备忘录的内容让人高度紧张…
The content of the memo is highly stressful…
基利恩告诉上司说他不能在布♥什♥缺席期间评估
Killian telling a higher-up that he cannot rate Bush during his absence.
这就足以解释笔画的不同了
This is enough to explain differences in the pen strokes.
失陪一下?
Would you excuse me a moment?
就这么干看着吗 我该怎么办?
It’s like watching paint dry. What am I gonna do?
我觉得他刚刚说的话里面已经有料了
I think he said that was in there somewhere.
你能把话理顺吗?
Think you can get the bite?
我外套上有线头吗?
Did I have lint on my jacket?
我给你两瓶 两瓶威士忌
I will give you two, two bottles of whiskey.
好
Okay.
所以 先生 你是说…
So, sir, are you saying…
如果我给美国民众看这个…
that if I present this to the American public…
然后告诉他们据我们掌握的全部线索…
and say that to the best of our knowledge…
我们推测这些文件是由一个人签署的
these documents are all signed by the same man,
这句话可信吗?
am I on solid ground?
完全可信
Yes.
马特里确认了 吉姆·皮尔斯也确认了
Matley’s a yes. Jim Pierce is a yes.
艾米丽·威尔还在研究当中
Emily Will’s still working.
琳达·杰姆斯还需要更多文件来确认
Linda James wants more documents,
但是她说她和马特里的意见一致
but she said she’ll defer to Matley.
伯克特提供的记录表上的内容和日期
The dates, contents of the Burkett memos
与官方的记录高度一致
mesh perfectly with the official record.
还有我正在让图像组模拟一些图标
And I’m having Graphics mock something up
来让这些指标可视化
to show it visually.
我们还不能完全证明
We don’t have it yet.
要有人站出来证明
Somebody has got to confirm
这个备忘录里面的内容是真实的才行
the content of those memos.
要一个知道内情的人来证明
Somebody who knew who the players were.
警卫队里没人会站出来的
No one in the Guard is gonna step up.
看看伯克特的下场就知道了
Look what happened to Burkett.
你说出真♥相♥ 就有人要你的命
You talk, you get your head handed to you.
基利恩的指挥官是谁?
Who were Killian’s commanders?
他的指挥官有巴克·施托德
There’s Buck Staudt,
这个人声色俱厉地让我滚蛋…
who figuratively and literally told me to go fuck myself…
还有鲍比·霍奇斯
and Bobby Hodges,
我已经给他留了十八条语♥音♥信息了
who I’ve left 18 messages for.
好吧 我再给他打第十九次试试
Fine, I’ll do 19.
你们想吃披萨吗?
You guys feel like pizza?
我是真心觉得我们该开始考虑吃披萨的事情
I really feel like we should start thinking about pizza.
你好?
Hello?
– 是霍奇斯将军吗? – 是的
– General Hodges? – Yeah.
我是”60分钟”的制片人玛莉·梅普斯
This is Mary Mapes with 60 Minutes.
我想和你聊聊有关几份陈年备忘录中的内容…
I’d like to speak with you about some old memos…
我是从第187战斗拦截中队那里获悉这些消息的
I’ve come across from the 187th Fighter Interceptor Squadron.
它们的来源似乎是…
They, uh, appear to…
杰里·基利恩的私人文档
from the personal files of Jerry Killian.
我把这些文档读给你听听吧
Well, I’d like to read them to you, if that’s okay!
好的
All right.
好的 第一份的日期是1973年6月24日
Okay. Uh, the first one is dated June 24, 1973.
这份备忘录的主题是空军中尉乔治·W·布♥什♥
And the subject is Bush, George W., first lieutenant.
“长官 我接到了一通
“Sir. I got a call from
从您的手下官员那里打来的有关…
your staff concerning the evaluation…
在这个月内完成对空军中尉布♥什♥的评估的电♥话♥
of First Lieutenant Bush due this month.
他的评估员是空军中校哈里斯
His rater is Lieutenant Colonel Harris.
我和哈里斯中校都认为
Neither Lieutenant Colonel Harris or I
我们无法对布♥什♥中尉的表现做出评估…
feel we can rate First Lieutenant Bush…
其原因是他从1972年4月起
since he was not training
就再也没和第111战斗拦截中队一起训练过
with the 111th FIS since April 1972.
他的近期活动内容完全不在评估范围里
His recent activity is outside the rating period.
请您告诉我我们应该怎么处理这件事情”
Advise me how we are supposed to handle this.”
好了 还有一份…
Okay, um, the…
这份是1973年8月18号♥的文件
This one is August 18, 1973
而且题目是CYA…
and the subject titled CYA…
我猜测这三个字母的意思是”瞒下来”?
which I believe means “cover your ass”?
好吧
Okay.
“施托德显然就布♥什♥的事 给霍奇斯施加了很大压力
“Staudt has obviously pressured Hodges more about Bush.
这样我很难做好拦截工作以及完成我的任务
I’m having trouble running interference and doing my job.
哈里斯今天给我发了一条
Harris gave me a message today
组内对布♥什♥军官训练效果报告的态度的信息…
from Group regarding Bush’s OETR…
而施托德一直施压想将这件事粉饰过去
and Staudt is pushing to sugarcoat it.
布♥什♥在评估期间并不在这里…
Bush wasn’t here during rating period…
而我没有收到任何来自阿♥拉♥巴马187队的反馈
and I don’t have any feedback from 187th in Alabama.
我拒绝进行评估
I will not rate.
今天奥斯丁也表示不满
Austin is not happy today either.
哈里斯今天接到了评估小组的电♥话♥
Harris took the call from Group today.
我可以标上之前的日期 但是我不会进行评估
I’ll backdate but won’t rate.
哈里斯同意了”
Harris agrees.”
先生 您了解这些备忘录的内容吗?
Sir, are these memos familiar to you?
我非常了解
They are.
但是动用别人的私人文件 这做得有点过火了吧
But using someone’s personal notes, that’s going overboard.
你想要挖掘出一条新闻
You’re trying to make news,
无中生有地捏造出一个故事
create a story here where there isn’t one.
不 先生 我们并不是想捏造些什么
No, sir, we’re not trying to create anything.
稍等一下 稍等
Hold on a minute. Hold.
搞定了
We have it.
告诉我真♥相♥…
Tell me the truth…
9月7日 开播前一天
关于乔治·W·布♥什♥…
and the whole truth about what happened…
备忘录还有国民警卫队的所有真♥相♥
with George W. Bush and the draft and the National Guard.
布♥什♥家族有一位叫希德·艾格的朋友
Sid Adger, a friend of the Bush family,
他前来见我…
came to see me…
并且问我我是否愿意举荐…
and he asked me if I would recommend…
乔治·W·布♥什♥参加空军国民警卫队
George W. Bush for the Air National Guard.
我同意举荐
And I did.
我担心我们故事的光是内容的部分就太长了
I’m concerned about the sheer amount of story we have.
如果我们把故事分成几个部分呢?
You know, what if we split it?
明天播出巴恩斯的部分…
You know, run Barnes tomorrow…
然后文件的部分放在周日播出
and the documents on the Sunday broadcast.
他们是不会把周日的黄金时段留给我们的
Sunday’s show won’t give us the real estate.
其它部分准备得怎么样了?
Where are we with the rest of it?
我刚刚收到了其中一位鉴辨员艾米丽·威尔的确认邮件
Well, I just got an e-mail from Emily Will who is one of our examiners
她表示文件内容中的一些上标很可疑
She has some concerns about the superscript thing.
什么上标?
Superscript?
就是在序数111之后的两个上标字母”th”
It’s the raised “th” after the 111.
她对七十年代的军用打字机
She was worried that function
是否具有打出上标的功能表示怀疑
wasn’t available on military typewriters in the ’70s.
但是我和马特里沟通过了
But I spoke to Matley,
他说那时的军用打印机已经有了这个功能…
he said they were available then…
之后艾米丽说她同意他的看法
so Emily said she’d defer to him.
好的 很好
Good, all right.
早上白宫那边会有人来接受采访
Uh, White House will have someone for on-camera in the morning.
因为暴风雨的原因 丹不能主持
I can’t send Dan because of the storm.
那个该死的暴风雨是有多恨我
That fucking hurricane hates me.
9月8日 直播当日
我觉得我不该拥有…
Well, I don’t think that I had the right…
之前拥有的那种权力
to have the power that I had.
贝琪·韦斯特 “黄金时间”高级副总裁
决定到底谁应该去越南而谁不用去
To be able to choose who was gonna go to Vietnam and who was not gonna go to Vietnam.
有时候看到那些名字
That’s a power in some instances
我会觉得自己并不想拥有…
when I look at those names…
这种可以决定人生死的权力
of maybe determining life or death, and that’s not a power I wanna have.
你是觉得这种权力过于沉重
Too strong or not,
所以现在感到很惭愧吗?
to say you’re ashamed of it now?
我觉得会有这种感受也是人之常情
Oh, I think that that would be an appropriate thing.
我感到非常的抱歉
I’m very, very sorry.
时长怎样?
What’s it running?
总共至少63分钟吧
It’s 60 minutes, at least three over.
里面有些文件的内容太拖沓了
Some of the document stuffs a little slow,
你绝对能再精简一些
you can definately trim there.
要不就改变顺序
How about flipping it,
先讲巴恩斯那段 然后再到文件的部分?