“lieutenant governor of Texas”
我并不是很为之自豪 但是…
Now, I’m not necessarily proud of that, but…
老天啊!
Holy shit!
我不知道他们在录像 你看了吗?
I didn’t know they were taping me. Did you see it?
我状态很不好!
I looked like shit!
– 我觉得你看起来棒极了 本 – 少来了
– I thought you looked wonderful, Ben. – Oh, don’t you start.
话已经说开了 而你的克里落后十个百分点
The cat’s already out of the bag and your man Kerry’s 10 points down.
我们五天后播放这段视频 你加不加入?
We’re airing this piece in five days. Are you in or not?
他加入了! 巴恩斯加入了!
We got him! We got Barnes!
伯克特刚打来电♥话♥
Burkett just called.
他还有更多的备忘录要给我们
He’s got more memos to hand off.
我们得弄清楚他的线人是谁
We need to find out who his source is.
– 好 – 明天早上去机场
– Okay. – Be at the airport in the morning.
– 我到了给你传真 – 太棒了!
– I’ll fax you when I get there. – Yes!
9月4日 – 开播前四天
“评估期间布♥什♥不在这里
“Bush wasn’t here during rating
而我没有收到任何…
and I don’t have any feedback…
来自阿♥拉♥巴马187队的反馈
from 187th in Alabama.
我是不会评估的 奥斯丁也表示不满
I will not rate. Austin is not happy either.
评估期间布♥什♥不在这里”
Bush was not here during rating period.”
他们想让基利恩给布♥什♥填写评估
They’re trying to get Killian to file a rating for Bush
而他根本不在基地
while he wasn’t even on base.
这就是他擅离职守的证据
This is proof he was AWOL.
我先跟谁谈?
Who do I talk to first?
罗伯特·斯特朗 前德州空军国民警卫队
你心里有没有一丝怀疑这些备忘录不是真的?
Is there any doubt in your mind that these memos are genuine?
这跟当时处理事情的风格一致
Well, they are compatible with the way business was done at that time.
跟我记忆中杰里·基利恩的为人一致
They are compatible with the man that I remember Jerry Killian being.
那你觉得基利恩上校
And what do you think Colonel Killian
留下这些文件的意图是什么?
was trying to do with these papers?
我认为他意图完成任务…
I think he was trying to get a duty performed…
在那种政♥治♥环境下保护自己
and I think he was trying to protect himself because of the political environment.
所以政♥治♥考量是警卫队的一个重要参考?
So political considerations were a major force in the Guard?
当时的环境濒临彻底腐♥败♥ 人们互惠互利…
It verged on outright corruption, the favors that were done…
交易权力
the power that was traded.
从道德和伦理的角度来说…
From a moral and ethical standpoint…
这都是不合情理的
it was unconscionable.
我们去纽约吧
Let’s go to New York.
我还没机会介绍自己
I didn’t get a chance to introduce myself.
– 我是丹·拉瑟 – 不是吧
– Dan Rather. – No shit.
我是说 我是迈克·史密斯 我非常熟悉…
I mean, I’m Mike Smith. I’m familiar…
我是说… 我… 我…
I mean… I… I…
我是… 您好
I’m… Hello.
玛丽告诉我你就是那个叫我”老家伙”的人
You know, Mary tells me you’re the one that calls me “the old man.”
我… 我真希望她没告诉您这个
Well, I… I really wish she hadn’t shared that with you.
我很感激你现在的辛苦工作
Look, I appreciate the hard work you’re doing on this.
进行发问 这很重要
Asking questions, that’s important.
有人会说这没什么
Some people are gonna say it doesn’t matter.
总会有一方会说你在偏袒
One side or the other’s always gonna say you’re being partisan.
但你一旦停止发问 美国人♥民♥就失败了
But you stop asking questions, that’s when the American people lose.
这听起来可能有些做作 但我相信这点
Now, that may sound hokey, but I believe it.
所以坚持下去
So keep it up.
是… 不是 谢谢您
Y… Yeah… Or no. Thank you.
不客气
You’re welcome.
你知道不可思议的是什么吗?
You know what’s crazy?
很多事都不可思议
Many things are crazy.
明确告诉我你觉得什么不可思议
Tell me specifically what you feel is crazy.
他们可以居然可以把秘密隐藏这么长时间
The fact that they kept this secret for so long.
你知道玛丽在2000年
You do know why Mary
没有报道这个事情的原因 对吧?
didn’t get this story done in 2000, don’t you?
玛丽的母亲去世了…
Mary’s mother died…
就在调查的时候
right in the middle of it.
然后报道没有完成选举就开始了
And then the story never got finished and the election happened.
一场被五百三十七票决定的选举
An election that was decided by 537 votes.
我认为…
I think…
如果玛丽的母亲那年夏天没有去世…
that if Mary’s mother hadn’t died that summer…
那现任总统很有可能就是阿尔·戈尔
there’s a real good chance that Al Gore would be president right now.
那她父亲呢?
And what about her father?
玛丽的父亲就是个醉鬼…
Mary’s father is a drunken piece of shit…
自怨自艾 还殴打自己的女儿
who hated himself so much, he beat his own daughters.
她说 她们越是直言不讳 他打得越狠
The more outspoken they were, she says, the harder he hit them.
你觉得她是怎么熬过来的?
So how do you think she fared?
她会因为问问题…
She would get beat up…
– 而被殴打? – 对
– for asking questions? – That’s right.
然后她还选择了问问题的职业?
And this is what she does for a living?
人有时候很有趣
People are funny sometimes.
我觉得 这是她和丹关系中的一部分
It’s part of what’s between her and Dan, I think.
是他们配合如此默契的原因
Why they work so well together.
也是他们需要彼此的原因
It’s why they need each other.
像父亲和女儿
Fathers and daughters.
不惜一切代价
Whatever it takes.
9月6日 – 开播前两天
跟我说说文档鉴辨员的事
Tell me about the document examiners.
有四位
There are four.
马塞尔·马特里今天就要从旧金山赶过来上镜
Marcel Matley is coming from San Francisco to do on-camera today.
琳达·杰姆斯在德州想看原件
Linda James in Texas wants to see the originals.
我还想看呢 我们没有原件
Yeah, so would I. But we don’t have them.
我告诉她了
I told her.
洛杉矶的吉姆·皮尔斯今天才开始鉴辨…
Jim Pierce in Los Angeles just started today…
北卡罗来纳的艾米丽·威尔想要你给她打电♥话♥
and Emily Will in North Carolina wants you to call her.
好 知道了
Right. I got it.
我觉得你有个问题
I think you have a problem.
艾米丽·威尔 文档鉴辨员
我在网上做了一些调查
I’ve been doing some Internet research.
这些文件被记录在案的时候 总统在阿♥拉♥巴马
President was in Alabama when these were written,
所以它们不可能是真的
so there is no way they could be true.
好吧 那你从文件本身找到什么问题了吗?
Okay. Have you found anything wrong with the documents themselves?
没有 但是…
Well, no, but…
它们有任何伪造的迹象吗?
Do they appear forged in any way?
– 没有原件佐证… – 没关系
– Without the originals to intest… – That’s okay.
调查方面的事就交给我
You just let me worry about the investigational side of the story.
我一直都是全程监察的
I always work the whole thing.
你知道这些文件是从哪里来的吗?
Look, do you know where these originated?
文件的保管过程对真实性的确定…
Establishing chain of custody would go a long way…
大有帮助
toward determining authenticity.
相信我 我们正努力着呢
Yeah, believe me, we’re working on it.
我给你备忘录 你核实它们 就这样
I give you the memos, you verify them, that was the deal.
你帮我给克里的竞选团队致电了吗?
You call the Kerry campaign for me yet?
他们在这破飞舟上睡不安稳(指虚假的政♥治♥攻击)
They cannot lie down on this Swift Boat shit.
你要是能说明这些备忘录的来源
If you could just confirm where you got the memos from,
我们就能轻松回家了
we would be home free.
我说了不能让人发现我牵扯在内
I told you I cannot go on the record.
我知道
I know.
我知道 你不必暴露身份
I know. You wouldn’t have to.
只要告诉我名字 行吗? 我只要个名字
You just give me the name. All right? That’s all I need.
乔治·康恩
George Conn.
– 我在警卫队的兄弟 – 好的
– Buddy of mine in the Guard. – Right.
他参与了清理行动
He was there for the scrubbing.
但你要是给他电♥话♥ 他会否认的
But you call him, he will deny it.
– 谢谢你 – 再见
– Thank you. – Goodbye.
这里是康恩住♥宅♥
You have reached the Conn residence.
请留言
Please leave a message.
上校 我是”60分钟”的玛丽·梅普斯
Colonel, this is Mary Mapes with 60 Minutes.
能否请您方便的时候尽快给我回电♥话♥
Was wondering if you could give me a call back at your earliest convenience.
这与我们要在周三晚播放的故事有关 谢谢您
It’s regarding a story we’re airing on Wednesday night. Thank you.
– 马特里到了 – 好
– Matley’s here. – Yeah.
马塞尔·马特里 文档鉴辨员
要我说 根据我们能拿到的书面证据来看…
I would say, based on our available handwriting evidence…
是的 这是出自一人之手
yes, this is the same person.
这个六月二十四号♥文件上的署名
This signature on the June 24th document
与其他署名有很大的不同
shows some conspicuous differences.
但它也显示出一些与基利恩上校…
But it also shows some inconspicuous…
笔迹的细微相似
similarities to Colonel Killian’s handwriting.