Well, devil’s advocate, Mary.
要是布♥什♥真没走后门呢?
What if no strings were pulled?
你知道还有谁在147队吗?
You know who else was in the 147th?
劳埃德·本特森的儿子…
Lloyd Bentsen’s son…
约翰·康纳利的儿子
John Connally’s son,
希德·艾格的两个儿子…
both of Sid Adger’s sons…
H·L·亨特的孙子
H.L. Hunt’s grandson,
萨科威茨财产的继承人们…
the heirs to the Sakowitz fortune…
还有达拉斯牛仔的半数首发员们
and half the starting line of the Dallas Cowboys.
都当是巧合好了
Yeah, I’m sure it’s just a coincidence.
那我们下一步要怎么办?
So, what’s our next move?
毫无头绪
I have no idea.
我和约翰·克里一同服过役
I served with John Kerry.
我和约翰·克里一同服过役
I served with John Kerry.
2014年8月
约翰·克里在越南一事上没有说实话
John Kerry has not been honest about what happened in Vietnam.
他在自己的记录上撒谎了
He is lying about his record.
我知道约翰·克里
I know John Kerry
在他的第一枚紫心勋章的事上撒谎了…
is lying about his first Purple Heart…
因为我看过他的伤口
because I treated him for that injury.
约翰·克里的青铜星章是他骗来的
John Kerry lied to get his Bronze Star.
我知道 我当时在场 看到了事情经过
I know, I was there, I saw what happened.
他对事情的描述和真实情况…
His account of what happened and what actually happened…
有如云壤之别
are the difference between night and day.
是我
Here.
谁啊?
Who is that?
我的秘密爱人 接着睡吧
My secret lover, go back to sleep.
你听说过琳达·斯塔尔吗?
Have you ever heard of Linda Starr?
她经营着一个网站 这网站就像反布♥什♥的传动舱
She runs this website, it’s like a Gearing house for anti-Bush stuff.
她暗示文件很快会被泄露
She’s hinting documents are gonna be leaked soon.
什么样的文件?
What kind of documents?
玛丽·梅普斯在二号♥线
Mary Mapes is on line two.
谢谢
Thank you.
– 玛丽 – 我好像有发现
– Mary. – I think we’ve got something.
反布♥什♥ 网络煽动者
Anti-Bush, Internet rabble-rouser.
天 我跟她聊了三个小时
Oh, God, I talked to her for three hours,
但终于让我联♥系♥上了她的线人
but she put me in touch with her source.
有个上校说他有可能拿到…
A colonel who says he may have access…
被布♥什♥清理了的警卫队缺失档案
to missing documents in Bush’s purged Guard file.
听起来有戏
Sounds promising.
我让迈克·史密斯马上跟他通话
I got Mike Smith talking to him right now.
– 牛奶呢? – 看一眼那些文件
– Milk? – Get a look at those documents.
然后调查一下这个上校的背景 确保他不是疯子
And do some background on the colonel, make sure he isn’t nuts.
谢谢你
Thank you.
– 慢用 – 谢谢
– Enjoy. – Thank you.
不 我确实看到了
Ahem. No. I saw it.
我亲眼看到的
I saw it with my own two eyes.
他们把那些不利于布♥什♥的档案…
Those parts of Bush’s file they didn’t like…
– 扔到垃圾桶了 – 你有吗?
– they tossed in the wastebasket. – Do you have these?
比尔在2000年的时候想谈论这事
Bill tried to talk about this in 2000,
结果有人在某天晚上把我们撞到了路边
someone ran us off the road one night.
– 我不怕他们 – 可我怕 我怕
– I ain’t scared of them. – Well, I am. I am scared.
好吧 假如我真有这些文件
All right, uh, let’s say I have the documents.
我为什么要给你们看呢? 为什么不去登报纸?
Why should I show them to you? Why not one of the newspapers?
– 因为没人读报纸了 – 那就放网上
– Because nobody reads newspapers. – One of the other networks, then.
不知道你有没有意识到 没有多少人…
I don’t know if you’ve noticed, there’s not too many people…
还在做我们做的事情了
who actually do what we do anymore.
我们是”60分钟” 我们是黄金标准
We’re 60 Minutes. We’re the gold standard.
我们可以帮你
We can help you.
听着 你出镜…
Look, you come on camera…
不 不能拍摄
No. No. No cameras.
不能提到我们的名字
Our name stays out of this.
他们为此会毁了我们的 你不明白吗?
They will destroy us for this, don’t you understand?
尼基 听着 我知道被欺凌是什么感觉
Nicki, listen. I know what it’s like to be bullied.
觉得他们太强大 而你又太渺小无力
To feel like they’re too strong, and you’re small and powerless.
你并不渺小无力
But you’re not.
这样做就可以向他们证明这点
And doing this will show them that.
我保证…
Now, I promise…
我们会保护你们
we will protect you.
记录备忘录 吊销飞行资格
– 这些是杰里·基利恩签署的 – 对
– These are signed by Jerry Killian. – Yes, they are.
第一份说布♥什♥根本没打算…
The first one says that Bush made no attempt…
获得培训资格
to meet his training certification.
这跟不去体♥检♥可是有很大区别的
That is a big difference than just missing his physical.
而第二份说他的飞行员职位非常关键
And the second one refers to his pilot position as critical.
可布♥什♥说他不再飞是因为他们不需要飞行员了
Well, Bush said he stopped flying because they no longer needed pilots.
这份文件可以证明他说的是假的
Mm-hm. But this document would prove that statement untrue.
会不会是有谁想用这些文件戏弄你…
Can you think of anybody who’d wanna fool you with these…
玩政♥治♥鬼把戏?
like a political dirty trick?
我想不出有谁会这么恨我
I can’t think of anyone who would hate me that much.
你有这些的原件吗?
And do you have the originals of these?
没有 我只拿到了复印件
No. No, I was only given copies.
不要问我从哪里拿到的
And don’t ask me where I got them,
我不会告诉你们其它信息的
I’m not gonna tell you anything else.
需要的话找你们自己的专家 让他们鉴别一下
You get your own experts if you want to, you have them look at them.
我们会的
We will.
九月十五号♥ 我们没有节目
September 15th, we don’t have a show.
哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥要放映葛培理布道大会
CBS is running The Billy Graham Crusade.
那二十二号♥呢?
What about the 22nd?
也被占先了 菲尔博士特辑
Preempted again. Dr. Phil special.
所以我们的直播时间受葛培理和菲尔·麦格劳博士…
So our air date is decided by an unholy confluence…
这两个家伙不良联合的影响?
between Billy Graham and Dr. Phil McGraw?
– 天啊 – 新闻赚不来钱啊
– Jesus. – News doesn’t pay the bills.
还有一个选择
There is one more option.
– 八号♥ – 五天后的八号♥?
– The 8th. – As in five days from now?
如果你觉得…
If you don’t think…
没问题 我需要采访
No problem. I need interviews.
我需要把整个团队弄到纽约然后…
I need to get the whole team to New York and I need…
首先 我需要丹
First, I need Dan.
他人呢?
Where is he?
弗朗西斯飓风在重击佛罗里达海岸…
Hurricane Frances is pounding the Florida coast…
比狂欢节的大力士拼命赢丘比特娃娃还要用力!
harder than a strongman trying to win a Kewpie doll at a carnival!
我要杀了他
I’m gonna kill him.
也许不用你动手
You may not have to.
我直接让他坐越野车
Maybe I can get him on a puddle jumper
到奥斯丁参加斯特朗的采访就可以了
to Austin for the Strong interview.
我收到一封上校关于文件看法的邮件
I got an e-mail from the colonel about the documents saying,
“我感觉好些了”
“I feel better.”
– 你好? – 记录备忘录…
– Yeah? – A memorandum for record…
大家都不把这个当一回事 对吧?
is a memo to nobody, right’?
那基利恩为什么还要把它入档呢?
So why does Killian file them?
基利恩清楚让一个如此被周全保护的人停职是件大事
Well, Killian knows suspending a guy this protected is a big deal.
他想要做正确的事
He’s trying to do the right thing here,
但他需要书面记录撇清自己的关系
but he needs a paper trail to insulate himself.
也就是说布♥什♥的保护者
Which means Bush’s protection
肯定是个比基利恩位高的人
must’ve come from higher up than Killian.
你觉得是霍奇斯?
You’re thinking Hodges?
他是基利恩的直接监督人 我回头打给你
He was Killian’s direct supervisor. I’ll call you back.
这里是霍奇斯府宅
You have reached the Hodges’ residence.
请留言
Please leave a message.
霍奇斯将军 我是”60分钟”的玛丽·梅普斯
General Hodges, this is Mary Mapes from 60 Minutes.
不知您方便时能否尽快给我回电…
I was wondering if you could give me a call back at your earliest convinience…
不得了!
Holy shit!
你快看这个 是手♥机♥拍下的…
Oh, ho, ho, you gotta see this. It’s a video from a cell phone…
民♥主♥党筹款的视频
at a Democratic fundraiser.
谢谢
Now… Thank you. Thank you.
我们来谈谈约翰·克里和乔治·布♥什♥吧…
Now, let’s talk about John Kerry and George Bush…
那是本·巴恩斯吗?
Is that Ben Barnes?
我不是攀附他们自抬身价
And I’m not name-dropping.
我安排了一个叫乔治·布♥什♥的年轻人…
You see, I got a young man named George Bush…
进入国家空军国民警卫队…
into the Air National Guard when I was…
那时候我还是”德州副州长”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!