是吗?
You are?
她是个彻头彻尾的自♥由♥党人
She’s a typical liberal.
她带着一把斧头进入新闻业 想要大展身手…
She went into journalism with an ax to grind…
结果变成了一个狂热的女权主义者
mend that was to promote radical feminism.
你是说这是她一贯的作风?
So would you say this is a pattern of hers?
是的
Oh, sure.
我听说这是一则”60分钟”的新闻之后…
You know, when I heard this was a 60 Minutes story…
就猜测她可能是这个节目的制♥作♥人
I figured she would be the producer of the show.
布♥什♥当选之后 她就和那个丹·拉瑟一起工作
She and that Dan Rather have been working on this ever since Bush was elected.
她真的应该看一看乔治…
She should really be looking at George…
你好?
Hello?
唐 你不能再跟媒体接触了
You can’t talk to the press anymore, Don.
– 你是谁啊? – 你知道我是谁
– Who is this? – You know who this is.
这辈子就一次 做个好人
Just for once in your life, be decent.
我只不过是发表一下看法
I’m expressing my opinion.
我觉得你们记者就是这样
I thought you reporters were all about that.
好的 如果你继续跟媒体胡扯…
Okay, well, if you don’t stop talking to the press…
我会亲自飞过去 把你的小胳膊扭断
I’ll fl up there myself and break your fucking arms.
– 你看怎么样? – 是他吗?
– How about that? – Is that him?
– 给我 让我跟他讲 – 玛丽
– Here, let me talk to him. – Mar.
– 马克 把电♥话♥给我 – 玛丽
– Mark, just give me the phone. – Mar.
马克 把电♥话♥给我
Just give me the phone, Mark.
– 爸爸? – 怎么
– Daddy? – Yes.
爸爸 求求你不要这么做了
Daddy, please stop.
好吧 既然你都这么说了 我就放手吧
Well, since you asked, I will.
我再也扛不住了
I can’t anymore.
– 不 你可以的 – 不 我不想
– Yes, you can. – No. I don’t want to.
他们可以解雇我 我不在意
They can have my career. I don’t care.
天啊 我真的不应该问那个问题的
God, I never should have asked the question.
所以怎么着 他们是对的 你是错的?
So, what, they’re right, you’re wrong?
大概是这样吧
Guess so.
那丹呢?
And, um, what about Dan?
这不公平
That’s not fair.
“那个女人对丹·拉瑟做的事太可耻了”
“It’s a shame what that woman did to Dan Rather.”
这就是他们在电视上的原话
That’s what they’re saying on cable.
别说了
Don’t.
“他要怎么全身而退? 太丢人现眼了”
“How he’s going to go down? Well, it’s just a disgrace.”
罗伯特会看着你辞退 对他来说是件好事
And Robert’ll get to see you quit, that’ll be good for him.
去你的
Oh, fuck you.
听我说 听着
Listen to me. Listen.
宝贝 你必须向审查团证明自己
You gotta make your case to the panel, honey.
你要站起来战斗
You have to fight.
哪怕有人在幕后暗中操控也一样?
Even if the system’s rigged?
就是有人暗中操纵
The system is rigged.
一直都有 你知道的
It always has been. You know that.
但是你还是要告诉他们究竟发生了什么
You still have to tell them what happened.
为什么?
Why?
因为这就是我们的责任啊
Because that’s what we do.
你相信我吗?
So do you believe me?
你相信我只是在做我的分内之事吗?
Do you believe I did my job?
我已经说过我相信与否并不重要
I told you it doesn’t matter what I believe.
这对我很重要
It does to me.
你要是想找别的律师代理…
If you’d like someone else to represent you…
你直接告诉我不该这么做的原因好吗?
Why don’t you just tell me why I shouldn’t?
– 你想从中得到什么? – 你说什么?
– What do you want out of this? – Excuse me?
你是想就新闻这一行业跟他们辩论…
Do you wanna get into a debate about journalism with them…
还是想保住你的饭碗?
or do you wanna keep your job?
我不能兼顾两者吗?
I can’t do both?
现在这个情况 不能
Not at this point, no.
你是你家的主要经济来源 对吗?
You’re the primary breadwinner, is that correct?
是的
Yes.
你的儿子七岁
And your son is 7.
这不是审讯 这是赶尽杀绝
This isn’t a trial, this is a hunt.
这事关责任推诿 找到出问题的人
This is about assignation of blame, who is at fault.
因为必须找一个替罪羊
Because somebody has to be.
一旦跟他们争辩 你就彻底完了
Debate that with them, and you’re done.
你只有一个机会
You have one chance here.
在审查团众多保守党的律师中…
Among all the conservative lawyers on that panel…
有一个前记者担任联合主席
there is one former journalist co-chairing it.
他叫卢·博卡尔迪 是美♥联♥社♥的前社长
Lou Boccardi, the former head of the Associated Press.
他也许是唯一一个能理解发生在你身上的事的人
He’s the one man who can maybe understand what happened.
你说服他 也许他能帮你说服其他人
You convince him, maybe he can turn the others.
但是只要你敌对他们…
But if you antagonize them…
引诱他们 甚至是向他们挑衅…
if you bait them, if you fight them…
你就输定了
you will lose.
我雇你了
You’re fucking hired.
不管什么问题你都要表示合作态度
You’re going to cooperate in every way.
遵守每个要求和指令
Follow every request and instruction.
这里没有标准答案
There is no standard here.
没有关于新闻业的法律书籍 没有书面的准则
No books full of journalistic laws, no written codes.
有的只是看法
There is just opinion,.
我们必须使之动摇
And we have to sway it.
那个是索恩伯格
That’s Thornburgh.
– 哪个是记者? – 他就坐在那里
– Which one’s the journalist? – He’s just there.
梅普斯女士 非常感谢您的到来
Ms. Mapes, thanks for coming in.
我是拉里·兰弗
I’m Larry Lanpher.
我和迈克·米萨尔一同主持委员会
I’m lead council along with Mike Missal here.
我的荣幸
Pleasure.
我注意到 这里没有速记员
I notice there’s no stenographer.
这只是个内部调查
Well, this is an internal investigation.
谈话的过程中我们会记录一些笔记的
We’re just gonna take some notes as we go along.
所以也没有正式记录?
So there’ll be no official record?
别担心
It’s fine.
在我们开始之前 你们需不需要去一下洗手间?
Would you like to take a bathroom break before we begin?
不用
I’m fine.
你确定?
You sure?
我还没有那么脆弱
I’m not that delicate.
– 我要去 – 好的
– I’d like one. – Okay.
各位 会议在两分钟之后开始
Start again in two minutes, everyone.
我希望你在里面能保持冷静
I want you to stay calm in there.
我看上去不够冷静吗?
Don’t I look calm?
不 一点也不
Not even a little.
现在 他们会在你慌慌张张的时候把你拿下
Now, they’re gonna try to catch you off balance.
他们问什么 你就回答什么
When they ask you a question, answer it.
回答问题就可以了 不要再加拓展
Tell them what time it is, not how to build a clock.
– 但是… – 不要反抗
– But… – Don’t fight.
好吗?
Okay?
好的
Okay.
不要反抗
Don’t fight.
我想谈一谈语言的事
I’d like to talk a little bit about language.
可以
Absolutely.
我这有一份打印文件 是在调查期间…
This is a printout of e-mails sent back and forth by your group…
你们团队相互电邮的资料
during the investigation.
这一封是迈克·史密斯的…
In this one to Mike Smith, what did the two of you mean…
信上的”美味的牛胸肉”指什么?
when you referred to a piece of “tasty brisket”?
是指迈克在帮德国人研究文件的时候…
That referred to a piece of information Mike uncovered…
发现的一些信息
working on a documentary for the Germans.
一条对总统不利的消息?
A piece of information against the president?
详细来说
I think specifically,
我认为这指的是布♥什♥在飞行时胆怯了
it referred to Bush losing his nerve while flying.
而你却没有在”60分钟”节目的报告中提到这点
Which you did not mention in the report you aired on 60 Minutes.
我们当时还没能证明这条信息的真实性
I didn’t think we had it nailed down.
那么是不是可以说…
Would it be accurate to say…
你当时一直在寻找任何不利于总统的信息?
you were looking for anything negative about the president?
更准确的说 我们在寻找所有
I’d say it’s accurate we were looking for any information
他在警卫队服役时被隐藏的信息
on his time in the Guard that hadn’t come to light.
“美味”的是这些隐藏的信息?
And that’s what made it tasty?
而不是因为这是条关于总统的丑闻?
Not because it reflected poorly on the president?
这条消息的”美味”之处在于它可能拥有新闻价值
It was tasty because it had the potential to be newsworthy.
听着 迈克和我是朋友 所以我们做了简化
Look, Mike and I are friends, so we use shorthand.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!