我们需要更清晰一点
We need a better bite on this.
所以与其问”是他们让你这么做的?”
So maybe instead of, “Did they ask you to do this?”
不如问”是他们让你撒谎的吗?”
say, “Did they ask you to lie?”
对
Yeah.
对 好的
Yeah. Okay.
我们还要再回到之前的问题
Now, we’re gonna go back for a moment.
好的
Okay.
这个男人和这个神秘女人
This man and this mystery woman,
他们让你对我们撒谎的吗?
did they ask you to lie to us?
他们不想让我说我是怎么拿到文件的
They didn’t want me to say how I got the documents.
我明白了
I see.
明白了 因此你才误导我们的?
I see. So that’s why you misled us?
是的
Yes.
因此你才对我们撒谎的?
你的制片人一直在逼问我备忘录是哪里来的
Your producer was pushing me to find out where I got the memos from.
我懂了
I see.
所以 因此你才对我们撒谎的?
So then, that’s why you lied to us?
是的
Yes.
我知道这引发了一些….
And I know it caused some…
一些问题 抱歉
some problems. Excuse me.
给我们那些备忘录的时候 你为什么没有告诉我们实情?
– 没关系 不急 – 好的
– Whenever you’re ready. – Yeah.
好了
Okay.
你说你知道这些备忘录会引发一些问题?
You said you knew that these memos would cause a problem?
我知道它引发了 但当时我并不知道
I knew it did, but I didn’t know it at the time.
我懂了 再一次问你…
I see. Now, again…
给我们那些备忘录的时候
why didn’t you tell us the truth
你为什么没有告诉我们实情?
when you gave us those memos?
来保护那些人 丹
To protect people, Dan.
所以你决定在那些文件的来源上撒谎…
那些尝试把当年的事情公之于众的人们
People who were trying to tell the truth about what really happened back then.
你相信这些文件内容是实情吗?
And do you believe those documents are telling the truth?
是的 我相信
Yes. Yes, I do.
我懂了 所以…
I see. I see, So…
我们已经得到答案了
We already have that.
我要确保我们…
I need to make sure we…
不 够了 我要继续了
No, we’ve got it. I’m moving on.
他是个好人
He’s a good guy, you know.
你觉得我想那样做?
You think I enjoyed that?
我们应该剪辑一部分上新闻…
We should cut something for the news…
立刻播出去 安德鲁也同意
get it out immediately. Andrew agrees.
好 F.E.A.
F.E.A.
你们几个和丹总这么说 这到底是什么意思?
You know, you guys and Dan always say that. What the hell does it mean?
门开着
It’s open.
抱歉
Excuse me.
比尔怎么样了?
How’s Bill?
你竟然好意思问
Oh, don’t you dare ask how Bill is.
比尔病了 他是个病人 你们根本不管他怎样
Bill is sick. He’s a sick man. You don’t give a damn about him.
你们刚刚用了两个小时摧毁他
You just spent two hours trying to destroy him.
你们让他在镜头前胆战心惊
You made him crawl on camera.
你们逼他一次又一次地承认撒谎
You made him say again and again that he lied.
你们还不满足 想要更多
And that still wasn’t enough for you. You wanted more.
你们想把一切自己编故事时犯的错误…
You wanted to blame him for all the things you did wrong…
都怪罪到他身上
putting this story together.
你们想把这整整齐齐地包装好
You wanna wrap it in a neat package,
说”是比尔·伯克特的错”
say “it’s Bill Burkett’s fault.”
其实你们知道 事情并不是这样的
Well, it’s not, and you know it.
你们当时答应我 我们到这里之后…
You promised when we came here to do this…
可以得到一个公正的待遇
that we would get a fair shake,
结果你们却满口胡言
and we got nothing from you but lies.
尼基…
Nicki…
你们可能觉得我只是…
You may think I am some stupid hick…
一个什么都不懂的乡巴佬….
who doesn’t know a damn thing…
而你是个如此聪明又是个大人物
and you’re so smart and such a big shot.
但是我信守诺言…
But I keep my promises…
不会为了保全自己去折磨他人
and I don’t destroy people to protect myself.
我不会去折磨别人 甚至羞辱他们…
I don’t destroy people and humiliate them…
然后再假惺惺地关心他们
and then pretend I give a goddamn about how they are.
至于你的问题 比尔现在很不好
To answer your question, Bill is not good.
但又何妨 你其实早就知道答案了
But then, you knew that already.
我要和你谈谈
We need to talk.
你这里有含酒精的饮料吗?
What are the chances you have something alcoholic in there?
很有可能哦
Better than average.
我们认识多久了?
How long have we known each other?
天啊 有那么糟糕吗?
Oh, Jesus, is it that bad?
他们打算展开调查
They’re gonna start an investigation.
哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥打算任命一个审查委员会…
And CBS wants to appoint an independent panel…
调查这件事情的来龙去脉
to take a look at how the story was put together.
然后我负责播报
And I’m gonna announce it.
就在明天
Tomorrow.
在直播的过程中 我将就整件事情 向观众道歉
I’m gonna apologize for the story, on air.
是安德鲁要求你道歉的吗?
Andrew asked you to apologize?
他没这么要求
He didn’t ask.
丹 这是… 这是要你举白旗
Dan, that’s… It’s surrender.
伯克特改变了他的说法之后…
Ever since Burkett changed his story…
安德鲁觉得哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥
Andrew feels that CBS can’t afford
承担不起名声即将扫地的风险…
the risk to its reputation…
天啊 他早就知道
Oh, God. He knew.
甚至在我们引起反响之前
Even before we went down there.
他就想把伯克特的话录下来
Just wanted to get Burkett on tape.
玛丽 你得答应我一件事
Mary, you gotta promise me something.
别再为我担心了
Stop worrying about me.
那是不可能的
Yeah, well, that’s not gonna happen.
你得开始自保了
You gotta protect yourself now.
我们都需要
We all do.
谢谢你的美酒
Thank you for the drink.
理查德·海比律师
现在播报一则新闻…
Now, news about CBS News…
关于哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥直播
and the questions surrounding documents
和在九月八日星期三的”60分钟”的直播中…
we aired on this broadcast…
涉及到的相关文件 我们将对其中的问题进行解释
and on the Wednesday edition of 60 Minutes on September the 8th.
该文件宣称乔治·W·布♥什♥…
The documents purported to show George W. Bush received…
“在德州空军国民警卫队服役期间 受到特殊待遇”
“preferential treatment during his years in the Texas Air National Guard.”
当时 哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥和旗下的记者…
At the time, CBS News and this reporter…
都信以为真
fully believed the documents were genuine.
今晚 经过进一步调查…
Tonight, after further investigation…
我们不能确定该事件的真实性
we can no longer vouch for their authenticity.
我很抱歉 这是你在这里工作的第一则新闻
I’m sorry this was your first story here.
我刚刚在想 没准下周…
Well, I was thinking next week…
我们可以让丹去枪杀总统
we just have Dan shoot the president.
能省好多事
Cause a lot less drama.
玛丽
Hey, uh… Hey, Mary,
“今日美国”想知道你是否以帮伯克特牵线克里的…
USA Today wants to know if you put Burkett in touch…
竞选团队 来交换那些文件的
with the Kerry campaign in exchange for documents.
我知道这是怎么回事了
I know what this is about.
乔希 你还记得我曾经跟你说过…
Josh, do you remember when I told you…
伯克特想就虚假的政♥治♥攻击给克里竞选提点建议吗?
Burkett wanted to give the Kerry campaign advice on the Swift Boat stuff?
还记得 他跟霍华德·迪恩交谈过后…
Remember, I wanted to do a bullshit check…
我打算做那什么坑爹的核对
after he said he spoke with Howard Dean.
然后你说我可以联♥系♥克里的人进行核对
And you said that I could contact the Kerry people to check.
然后伯克特想让我把他的号♥码给他…
Then Burkett wanted me to give him his phone number…
之后你说我可以 所以…
and you said I could, so…
所以… 我就给了 你…
So… So I did. Do you…
你什么都不记得了吗?
Do you not remember any of this?
我肯定没有说清楚
I must not have been clear.
你一定是误解了我的话
You must have misunderstood what it was you could do.
老天 这…
Oh, Jesus Christ, this is, uh…
真是难以置信 究竟还要发生什么事啊?
This is unbelievable. I mean, what the fuck else is gonna happen?
– 贝… 贝琪… – 不
– Be… Betsy… – No.
玛丽 你知道吗? 现在你最好马上回家
You know what, Mary? Maybe it’s best if you just went home.
哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥新闻频道…
The failure of CBS News…
未能全面审阅文件 检查资料提供者…
to properly, fully scrutinize the documents and their source…