你说过他不用出面的
You said he wouldn’t have to.
我知道 只是…
I know, just…
你说你会证实文件的真实性
You’d verify the documents
他不用做任何其他的事情
and he wouldn’t have to do anything else.
事情没像预料中的发展
Well, it didn’t work out that way, did it?
抱歉 尼基 我只是… 我只是太累了
Oh, I’m sorry, Nicki. I’m just… I’m ti… I’m just tired.
比尔没做错什么
Bill did nothing wrong.
没人说他做错了
No one’s saying he did.
我只是需要让他跟我的领导通个电♥话♥
I just need to get him on the phone with my boss
然后重复一遍他跟我说的话
and tell him what he told me.
对丹来说这很重要
It would mean a lot to Dan.
求你了
Please?
比尔 我是安德鲁·海伍德
Bill, this is Andrew Heyward,
哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥新闻频道的负责人
I’m the president of CBS News.
丹在吗?
Is Dan there?
我在呢 上校
I’m here, colonel.
我听说霍奇斯翻供了
Well, I heard Hodges turned tail on you. Heh.
这些家伙都把关系撇开了
All these guys run from it.
你知道我有健康问题
You know I got health problems.
我听说了 所以我才不想占用你太多的时间
I had heard that, which is why I don’t wanna take up too much of your time.
不知道你能不能解答我的一些疑问
I was wondering if you could fill me in on a few things.
说吧
Shoot.
关于你是如何拿到那些文件的
Well, how you came to be in possession of the documents.
你告诉玛丽
You told Mary
你是从一个叫乔治·康恩的人那里拿到的?
it was from a man named George Conn?
她一直烦我 我得告诉她点什么
Well, she was bugging me so much about it, I had to tell her something.
所以这个消息是不准确的?
So that’s not accurate?
– 是不准确的 先生 – 他妈的…
– No, sir, it is not. – Fucking…
你能告诉我们真正发生了什么吗?
Would you mind telling us what really happened?
三月份的时候 有一个男人给我打电♥话♥
I got a call in March from a guy,
说有一个名为露西·拉米雷斯的女人
who said a woman named Lucy Ramirez
想联♥系♥我
wanted to get in contact with me.
他让我在七点到十点之间打给休斯顿假日酒店
He told me to call the Houston Holiday Inn between 7 and 10
连线到一个房♥间
and ask for a specific room,
我照做了
so I did.
这个叫拉米雷斯的女人告诉我她是一个中间人…
This Ramirez woman told me she was supposed to be a go-between…
来给我送一包文件
a person to deliver a package of documents to me.
然后我应该复印那些文件…
And I was supposed to copy the documents…
然后烧掉那些也是复印件的原件 还有信封
and then burn the originals, which were also copies, and the envelope.
– 胡扯 – 销毁可以指向源头的…
– Bullshit. – Destroy the DNA evidence…
DNA证据 你懂吗?
of where they come from, you see?
当然
Yeah, of course.
她说 “你什么时候会来休斯顿?”
So she says, “When are you gonna be in Houston next?”
我说 “我们几周后会去一个家畜展”
I tell her, “We’re coming to the livestock show in a few weeks.”
我们卖♥♥西门塔尔牛
We sell Simmental cattle.
那个展览是一个宣传我们公牛精♥液♥的绝佳机会
The show is en excellent way to advertise our bull semen.
展览第一天
So the first day at the show,
一个深色皮肤的哥们过来找我…
a dark-skinned fella comes up…
他递给我了一个信封就走了
and hands me an envelope and walks away.
里面装的是那些备忘录
Inside are those memos.
我照他说的 把剩下的都烧了
I burned the rest like he said,.
完成任务
Done and done.
这和给你打电♥话♥的是同一个人吗?
And was this the same man who talked to you on the phone?
不知道 可能吧
No idea. Maybe.
你之前没告诉玛丽这些因为…
And you didn’t tell Mary all this before because…
我说过我不会说出去的
Well, I said I’d keep it quiet.
玛丽做得很棒 别对她太严厉
Mary did a good job on this. Don’t judge her too harshly.
谢谢 比尔
Thanks, Bill.
比尔 这个…
Well, Bill, this is, uh…
这事很有意思
This is pretty amazing stuff.
你是否愿意过来跟我们坐下来谈谈
I wonder if you’d be willing to come down and sit and talk about it for us.
替所有人把疑惑解开
Help clear the air for everyone.
我不知道 你觉得呢 丹?
I don’t know. What do you mink, Dan?
我觉得他们已经把我们打得够狠了 上校
I think they can’t hit us any harder than they already are, Colonel.
要是我 我就会出面说出事实
I’d go on the record and tell the truth.
把事情了结
Be done with it.
好的
Okay.
我们的办公室会做安排的
My office will make the necessary arrangements.
– 谢谢你抽时间跟我们谈 – 再见
– Thank you for your time. – Goodbye.
我们需要尽快播出他的采访
We need him on the air soon.
是的
Yep.
玛丽 你能留一下吗?
Mary, will you hang back a sec?
采访伯克特的时候
When you sit with Burkett,
我们需要问一系列关于他的动机
there needs to be a line of questioning about his motives,
他的政♥治♥倾向
his political leanings,
他对于总统的看法以及他撒谎原因的问题
his views on the president, why he lied.
人们会报道我们是如何报道的
People will cover how we cover this.
我们需要做好充足的准备
We need to inoculate ourselves.
你应该永远维护公♥司♥
Thou shalt always protect the company.
我想让丹挺过这一关
I want Dan to survive this.
他怎么会挺不过去?
Why wouldn’t he survive this?
如果丹觉得这是企业包装 他不会做的
If Dan feels like this is corporate positioning, he won’t do it.
他不会为我做
He won’t for me.
他会为你做
He will for you.
他带着氧气管 所以…
He’s on oxygen, so…
– 那帮恶棍来了 – 天啊
– The vultures are here. – Oh, Jesus.
丹! 丹!
Dan! Dan!
– 玛丽 想说什么吗? – 借过了 各位
– Mary, comment? – Excuse us, folks.
这里 看这里
Over here. Right here.
– 抱歉 借过 女士 – 丹 请说两句
– Excuse us. Pardon me, ma’am. – Dan, a comment, please.
丹!
Dan!
– 不好意思 – 丹!
– Excuse us. – Dan!
是你播出了那些假备忘录的新闻
You broadcasted those fake memos.
你觉得自己被涮了吗?
You feel duped?
你能确认那些备忘录是用文件处理软件做出来的吗?
Can you confirm the memos were typed on a word processor?
你们背叛了人♥民♥ 有什么感受?
How would you feel about betraying the people?
玛丽!
Mary!
你们到底都是些什么人啊?
Who the fuck are you people?
有没有你认识的?
You know anybody?
看看你能不能阻止那股劲头 好吗?
Yeah, if you could just see if you can stop it, okay?
让他们把记者给撤了就好
Just get them to pull it.
– 上校 – 好的 再见
– Colonel. – Yeah. All right. Bye.
– 伯克特一家呢? – 在楼上准备呢
– Where are the Burketts? – Upstairs, getting ready.
丹?
Dan?
我们得问他为什么对我们撒谎了 好吗?
We need to ask why he lied to us, okay?
我们一定要录下这个
We need to make sure we get that.
我只是想在开始之前过来问个好
I just wanted to come say hello before we get things going.
谢谢 丹 我很感激
Oh, thank you, Dan. I appreciate that.
– 你好 女士 – 你好
– How do you do, ma’am? – Hello there.
听着 这事蛮简单的 我们就坐下来聊聊
Now, look, these things are fairly easy. We’re just gonna sit and talk through it.
– 好吗? – 好的
– Okay? – Okay.
我还要问你为什么误导了我们
Now, I will ask you about why you misled us.
我不想让你感到意外
I don’t want you to be surprised.
不 我意料到了
No, I was expecting that.
– 我很乐意能澄清这事 – 太棒了
– I’m happy to set the record straight. – Great.
如果你需要停下来
Now, if you need to stop,
喝杯水还是怎样 都可以 好吗?
need a glass of water or anything, that’s just fine. Okay?
好的 不好意思 我要去打扮一下了
Okay, if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna get my war paint on.
这是这份工作最烂的部分了 化妆
That’s the worst part of this job, makeup.
音效部门说可以随时开始
The sound’s ready when you are.
不会有事的 尼基
It’s gonna be fine, Nicki. Okay?
好了
Yep.
但你告诉我们了一个不一样的故事
But you told us a different story.
为了保护那些给我文件的人
To protect the people who gave me the documents.
他们让你这么做的?
Did they ask you to do this?
他们想让我烧掉一切
They wanted me to burn everything.
他们不想让人们知道他们是这些文件的源头
They didn’t want people to know that they were the source on this.
这个男人和这个神秘女人
This man and this mystery woman.
是的 我可以喝点水吗?
That’s right. Can I please have some water?
当然
Oh, of course.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!