TRUMBO: Um…
这样
It’ll be like this.
我会找个作家合作
I’ll find the writer and work with him.
他会把剧本给我
He’ll deliver the script to me.
如果剧本好我就给你
If it’s good, I’ll give it to you.
如果需要修改就我来改
If it needs work, I’ll fix it.
你满意之前谁都拿不到钱
No one gets paid until you’re happy.
这些编剧都…
And these writers, they’re… They’re all…
我是说他们都黑…
I mean, they’re all black…
进黑名单
Blacklisted.
天啊,你真是个弱鸡
Jesus, you’re such a chicken-shit.
你知道,我们正在和共♥产♥分子打仗
You know, we’re at war with the communists.
– 我们不是 – 这是一种新的战争
FRANK: No we’re not.
HYMIE: It’s a new kind of war.
对,就跟不存在一样,确实很新
FRANK: Yeah, if it doesn’t exist, very new.
罗森博格呢
What about the Rosenbergs?
What about the Rosenbergs?
他们偷了原♥子♥弹♥
They stole the atom bomb.
他们又不是开摄影车偷的
They didn’t steal it off a fucking camera truck.
听着,既然买♥♥了猩猩服装
So look, we bought a gorilla suit.
我们就得用上
We gotta use it.

Oh.
好吧
Well.
那你有5份工作
ARLEN: So, you had five jobs.
嗯哼
TRUMBO: Mmm-hmm.
现在我们有工作了你一个都没了?
And now we got them and now you got none?
噢,现在我可以再找5份工作 以及5个编剧
Oh, now I’m free to get five more jobs
and five more writers.
而你们都可以再出5份工作 再找5个编剧
And you each get five more jobs
and five more writers and so on.
那我们得把电影业所有的剧本 都写完才能维持这活
To keep that going,
we’d have to write every script in the business.
噢,阿伦,真狡猾
Oh, Arlen, what a devious lad.
那谁想写部大猩猩电影?
(ARLEN COUGHING) So who wants to write
a gorilla movie?
谁不想呢
Who doesn’t? (ALL LAUGHING)
我们现在午夜工作
We now work at midnight
在浓雾的掩护下在陌生人之中工作
in thick fog among strangers.
这是个比喻
Not literally.
我们在经营一项家族生意
We’re running a family business.
我们会加装新电♥话♥
We’ll be adding new phone lines,
有人打来时绝对别说 “特朗勃家”
and when answering, never say, “Trumbo residence.”
我会用不同的名字给 很多个编剧写剧本
I’ll be writing for various producers
under different names.
不管他们要找谁 都直接来找我
Whomever they ask for, you come find me.
或者让他们留言
Or take a message.
喂?
Hello?
约翰·阿伯特在吗
MAN: Is John Abbott there?
不,先生,我可以替你留言吗
No, sir, may I take a message?
门必须全天候有人开
The door must be answered at all hours.
来取萨利·斯塔波菲尔德的东西
Got a pickup for Sally Stubblefield.
能让你妈妈签字吗
Can I get your mom to sign?
谢谢
Thank you.
你们要学习听写,速记和打字
Dictation, shorthand and typing will be learned.
那些达到法定年龄的人会得到 想象得到的最重要的工作
Those of legal age
will have one of the most important jobs imaginable.
快递员
Courier.
剧本必须被送给制片人 并不引起任何怀疑
Scripts must be delivered to producers
without raising suspicion.
有问题吗?有什么担忧吗
Any questions? Concerns?
– 说吧,妮可拉 – 有日程表吗
Yes, Nikola. Is there a schedule?
什么?
A what?
我要知道什么时候能做功课
NIKI: I need to know when I can do homework.
而且我参加了争取黑人选举权的筹款会
And I’m part of a fundraising committee
for Negro voting rights.
而且每隔1周的周五 学生自治会都要开会
Plus, every other Friday,
we have meetings for Student Council.
我要…
I’m… I have to…
妮可,我们会想办法的
Niki, we’ll figure something out, sweetheart.
对吗
Won’t we?
最高法♥院♥即将受理与 种族歧视有关的起诉
(TYPEWRITER CLACKING) MAN: And protests continued
as the Supreme Court may soon take up
抗♥议♥行动也愈演愈烈
the issue of racial segregation.
南部城市的黑人成群结队走上街头
Negros in Southern towns and cities
have taken to the streets in large numbers.
并且身边都有执法部门的严密护送
All under close scrutiny by local law enforcement.
有记起未经确认的骚乱和暴♥动♥报告
There have been unconfirmed reports
of disturbances and rioting.
但目前尚不清楚暴行是否是抗♥议♥者所为
But it is not clear
if the violence was initiated by protesters…
妮可拉
Nikola!
还是白人团体引起
…or white vigilante groups.
在南方之外,整个国家中…
Beyond the South, through the nation…
给你
Now, there you go.
有几个错误,不多
A few mistakes, not many.

All right.
薪资最高的政♥府♥官员
MAN 2: … all top-salaried government officials
应该全面公开他们的收入
should make a full public statement
of their income…
我们今天的节目有…
MAN: This concludes our program scheduled for today.
谁是格兰汉·托珀?
Which one is Graham Tauper?
花痴尼姑
Nympho Nun.

Oh.
干得好
Great job.
呃,埃尔伍德·卡尔 《马戏团谋杀案》
Uh, Elwood Carr, Murder at the Circus.
需要加工,不看我都知道凶手是小丑
It needs work. I knew the clown did it.
总是小丑
It’s always the clown.
那《外星人和农场女孩》就是你的
So you are The Alien and the Farm Girl.

Yeah.
你写外星人谈工人♥权♥利
So you wrote the alien
talking about the rights of the worker.
资本主义病理学
The pathology of capitalism.
封建主义自满
The complacency of the bourgeoisie.
我都不知道那是什么 但我很讨厌
I don’t even know what it is and I fucking hate it.
我的想法是用…
Well, the idea was to use the…
我给你钱是让你写
I paid you to write a script about
一个有巨大昆虫脑袋的人在干草棚里 跟一个女孩性♥交♥
a guy with a giant bug head shtupping a girl in a hayloft.
你却写出一堆
And you write shit
会让我被法庭传唤的垃圾
that’s gonna get me subpoenaed, and stinks!
修改好
Fix it!
去他妈的弗兰克·金
ARLEN: Well, fuck Frank King.
我会重写直到他高兴
I said, until he’s happy, I’d rewrite.
那你要通宵修改那垃圾?
So you’re gonna stay up with that all night,
for that crap?
为什么?
For what?
就为了跟上他高高在上的 文学和政♥治♥标准?
To get it to his high literary and political standards?
这跟任何人的政♥治♥标准都没关系
Well, it shouldn’t be to anyone’s political standards.
这是《外星人和农场女孩》
It’s The Alien and the Farm Girl,
for Christ’s sake.
你在想什么呢
What the hell were you thinking?
我在想什么
ARLEN: I was thinking.
我在想我为什么当作家 我要说出有意义的话
That’s why I’m a writer. To say things that matter.
记得吗?
Remember that?
我曾经是个记者 还拿过普利策奖提名
I was a reporter. I was nominated for a Pulitzer.
我在西班牙战斗过 而且我认识欧内斯特·海明威
I fought in Spain, and I know Ernest Hemingway.
– 我真的…认识他 – 胡扯
I actually… I know him. Oh, bullshit.
他也认识我
And he knows me.
要是我走进巴黎的酒吧,他…
If I walked into a bar in Paris, he…
可能他不知道我的名字,但他会…
Maybe not my name, but he’ll…
他会冲我招手的
I’ll get a wave.

Yeah.
你还赢了国家他妈的图书奖
You… You won the National fucking Book Award.
我们这是在干什么呢?
I mean, what are we doing?
好吧,那外星人
Okay, so the alien…
外星人让农场女孩怀孕了
The alien impregnates the farm girl.
– 对 – 为什么?
Right. Why?
因为他想使她受孕,在地球上
Because he wants to inseminate her
and propagate a new species
– 创造新种族并占领地球? – 不
on Earth and take over? No.
因为她让他想起自己离开的那个女孩
Because she reminds him of the girl he left behind.
他可是有个昆虫脑袋

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!