爸爸,他们回家了
CHRIS: Dad! They’re home!
我被巨人攻击了,啊
I’m being attacked by giants! Ah! (LAUGHS)
你们这些美丽的生物 对我的孩子做了什么
What have you beautiful creatures
done with my little ones?
爸爸,我们想你
MITZI: Oh, Dad, we missed you.
– 克里斯托弗,米兹 – 嗨,爸爸
Christopher. Mitzi. NIKI: Hi, Dad.
我的天啊
My goodness.
妮可拉,看看你
Nikola, look at you.
她长得好高了
CHRIS: She got real tall.
噢,那是口红吗
Oh, is that lipstick?
爸爸
Dad…
噢,我太想你了,想你们全部
Oh, I’ve missed you so much. All of you.
噢,真对不起
Oh, I’m terribly sorry…
噢,伙计,你好吗
Oh, Buddy! Well, how are you?
我跟你没什么可说的
I got nothing to say to you.
看来监狱让我们染上瘟疫了
Looks like prison has given us the plague.
是啊,那巴迪·罗斯一直都是个混账
Yeah, well, that Buddy Ross, he was always an asshole.
是啊
Yeah.
他也有麻烦了
He’s in trouble too.
– 3部电影,票房♥全部惨败 – 噢,真的?
Three movies, three flops. Oh, really?
嗯哼
Mmm-hmm.
看看他,想出♥卖♥♥♥灵魂却连 自己的灵魂都找不到
Look at him. He’s trying to sell his soul,
but he can’t find it.
我只希望他能在这混的足够久 好把旧账都算请
I just hope he stays afloat long enough
to get the shit sued out of him.
噢,真的?谁的旧账?
Oh, really? By whom?
我,你,还有我们所有人
By me and you and all of us.
天啊
Jeez…
我们用他们的资本主义系统来对付他们
We use their capitalist system against them…
在文明的法庭上我们告光他们的钱
In civil court. We go after their money.
– 不不不 – 他们对我们做了那种事情
No. No. No. For what they did to us!
我们要让他们宣誓
We make them swear under oath…
不不不,天啊
No, no, no. Christ!
你在法庭上呆的还不够久吗
Haven’t you spent enough time in court?
我反正呆够了,天啊
I know I have. Jesus Christ.
那我们还能做什么
Well, what else are we supposed to do?
我们做一件其他所有人都说 我们做不到的事
We do the one thing everyone says we can’t.
听着,你是个伟大的作家 但我们只拍垃圾
Look, you’re a great writer. We make shit.
我搞不懂
I don’t see it.
金先生,我是个编剧
Mr. King, I’m a screenwriter.
要是连垃圾都写不出来我会饿死的
If I couldn’t write shit, I’d starve.
特朗勃,我们请不起你
Trumbo, we can’t afford you.
那东西的剧本你给了多少钱?
Well, how much did you pay for the script of that?
《墓碑大盗》
Bad Men of Tombstone
1200美元
$1,200.
好吧,那我就用1200的价格给你写剧本
All right. I’ll write you a movie for $1,200, then.
而且你不想署名?
And you don’t want your name on it?
不,是你不会想要我署名
No, you don’t want my name on it.
你说的没错
HYMIE: You got that right.
特别是现在你还有一些… 你知道,那种事情
Especially if you’re still, you know, up to stuff.
对吗?
Are you?
永远如此
Perpetually.
天啊
Jesus.
你有什么灵感吗
You got any ideas?
我刚从监狱出来
Well, I just got out of prison.
写犯罪怎么样?
What about crime?
一个黑帮打手的崛起和失败
A story of a gangster, his rise and fall.
那套路我看过几次了
I’ve seen that a few times.
因为这样总能赚钱
Because it always makes money.
好吧,我什么时候能拿到东西?
All right, when do I get my goods?
3天
Three days.
3天写100页剧本?
FRANK: A 100-page screenplay in three days?
你是在拿我开心吗?
Are you trying to fuck me?
你要是骗我,我不会放过你的
‘Cause if you fuck me, I will fuck you.
金先生,这话我早听过了
Mr. King, I’ve heard this speech.
在监狱里还更好点
It was better in jail.
不,老大
“No, boss…
他…
“He…”
这他妈是在耍我吧,海米,给我过来
Are you kidding me with this? Hymie, get out here!
海米,给他钱,他是个天才,太美了
Hymie, pay the man! He’s a genius. Beautiful.
等等,你看 我们有《沼泽杀手》
Wait a minute, look. We got Killer in the Swamp.
最棒的角色是沼泽,噢
The best character’s the swamp. Oh, oh.
狱中女人
Women in Prison.
穿内衣打架的美女
Dames fighting in their underwear.
完美,只可惜让人讨厌
It’s perfect, except it stinks.
还有什么,海米?
What else, Hymie?
海盗,旱鸭子
Pirates. Can’t afford the ocean.
就这样
That’s it.
全都改写好
FRANK: Fix them all.
你要赚更多我们就有更多给你赚,宝贝
You want more, we got more. Oh, baby!
(加利福尼亚州海兰帕克)
(UPBEAT MUSIC PLAYING ON RADIO)
你觉得新家怎么样?
TRUMBO: So, what do you think of the new neighborhood?
– 我喜欢 – 这挺漂亮
MITZI: I like it. NIKI: Yeah, this is nice.
– 是啊,爸爸 – 嗯
CHRIS: Yeah, Dad. Well…
看看那
MITZI: Whoa, look at that!
– 我给你拿了柠檬汁 – 谢谢
NIKI: I brought you some lemonade.
MAN: Thank you.
很辛苦吧,你们还好吗
NIKI: Hard work. You holding up okay?
– 挺好的 – 好,谢谢
MAN 1: Pretty good. MAN 2: All right, thank you.
我们忘了浴巾
CLEO: We forgot the towels!
不是吧,等我,等我
(GASPS) Oh, shoot! Wait for me. Wait for me.
(特朗勃一家)
(欢迎来到小区,叛徒)
米兹,嘘
(CRIES) Mitzi… Shh!
(滚)
世界上有很多愤怒又无知的人
Well, there are many angry and ignorant people in the world.
现在这些人的数量突破记录了
They seem to be breeding in record numbers.
现在作为一家人
Now, all we can do as a family
我们应该团结一致,保持警觉
is stick together and remain vigilant.
(1953年1月,《罗马假日》 奥黛丽·赫本,格利高里·派克主演)
(编剧:伊安·麦克兰·亨特 约翰·达尔东)
真理之口
JOE: The Mouth of Truth.
传说中说如果你听到谎言 然后把手伸进去
Legend is that if you’re given to lying,
and you put your hand in there,
谎言就会被咬掉
it’ll be bitten off.
噢,好吓人
Oh, what a horrid idea!
你来试试
Let’s see you do it.
你来吧
(LAUGHS) Let’s see you do it.
没问题
Sure.
你好
Hello.
混♥蛋♥
You beast!
票房♥爆棚,反响很好
It’s a huge hit. Great reviews.
我已经9个月没工作了,你呢
I haven’t worked in nine months. You?
金兄弟的薪水里跟的“0”
Well, there aren’t quite enough zeros
还不够我过日子
in a King Brothers’ salary to survive,
但他们需要剧本就像军队需要厕纸
but they need scripts like an army needs toilet paper.
质量最低,数量最多
Quality minimum, quantity maximum.
当你完全不考虑电影中的艺术激♥情♥
You’d think that when the artistic ambitions
of a movie are non-existent,
工作一星期就能完成
the work would be tossed off in a week.
但要不断让两个曾经的 弹球机销♥售♥员得到满足
But consistently pleasing two former pinball salesmen
也是非常困难的
turns out to be a high hurdle indeed.
我渐渐和家人疏远
And I’ve become a stranger in my own house.
每个工作周都是7天 每天工作18小时
Every workweek is seven days. Every day is 18 hours.
每分钟我的进度都在落后
Every minute, I’m further behind.
他们需要5个你
They need five of you.
好吧,唯一的问题是 这些左倾分子会写剧本吗
FRANK: Okay, the only question is, can these pinkos write?
穿灰西服,短小精干的先生
Well, the dapper gentleman in the gray suit
是伊安·麦克兰·亨特
is Ian McLellan Hunter.
写《罗马假日》那个人
Guy who wrote Roman Holiday.
刚被法♥院♥传唤
Guy who just got subpoenaed.
他刚被提名奥斯卡奖
Guy who just got nominated for an Academy Award.
那桌子上的每个人都被提名了
Everyone at that table’s been nominated.
那是阿尔瓦·贝西,亚德里安·斯科特 阿伦·赫德
There’s Alvah Bessie, and Adrian Scott. Arlen Hird.
林·拉德纳,阿尔伯特·马尔兹,还有
And Ring Lardner, Jr. and Albert Maltz and…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!