“Thank you, Mr. Trumbo. You done change my life, sir.
我永远不会忘记你?
“I’ll never forget you.”
我因为杀一个想抢劫我的酒吧的白人 被判了20年
I got 20 years for killing me a white man
who tried to rob my bar.
过去我♥干♥过,以后我照样会这么干
I did it and I’d do it again.
要是敢瞧不起我我就让你尝尝 你在他妈的比佛利山庄
You look down on me and I will fuck you up like
you’ve never been fucked up
从没尝试过的苦头
in your whole bullshit Beverly Hills life.
现在我在这赚积分换缓刑
Now I’m here trying to build my time and make parole.
你想帮我吗?
You wanna help make that happen?
欢迎来到该死的库房♥,同志
Welcome to fucking Supply, Comrade.
亲爱的克利奥,我不会数日子或是小时
TRUMBO: Dear Cleo, I don’t count the days or hours…
而是读秒如年
I count the seconds.
有时候我觉得会因为厌倦而死 其他时候则是害怕得要死
Sometimes I think I’ll die of boredom. Other times, fear.
不是怕这个地方
Not of this place.
到目前为止遇到的挑战 都是可以克服的
So far, its challenges are all surmountable.
可爱的厌倦感与日俱增
Augmented by days of lovely boredom.
到目前为止在这混乱丑陋 又不幸的战斗中
So flat and calm in the wake of all that churning
我还算比较平静
ugly luckless battle.
不,我害怕的是当我出去后 我的家庭和国家
No, my fear is for what will happen when I get out.
会发生什么
To our family and our country.
并非所有消息都令人担忧
Not all the news is worrisome.
有些东西提醒我有些东西 是你完全无法想象
Some reminds me
that what the imagination can’t conjure
连现实碰到也只能耸耸肩的
reality delivers with a shrug.
现实已经将所有幸福的愿景
And reality has delivered in all its beatific wonder
送到了联邦监狱,J·帕内尔·托马斯
to the federal penal system, J. Parnell Thomas,
被控逃税
convicted of tax evasion.
看看,还是狱友
Well, look at us. Just a couple of jailbirds.
你是真犯罪了
Except you actually committed a crime.
但在这一切之中
TRUMBO: Yet in all this,
我知道我是世界上最幸运的不幸者
I know I’m the luckiest unlucky man ever to live,
因为你和孩子们温暖,饱足
because you and the children warm, feed,
衣着得体生活平静,永远没有 离开我的内心
clothe, pacify, and rejuvenate me
这给了我力量
by never leaving my heart.
爱你,第7551号♥囚犯
Love, Prisoner Number 7 551.
我们不光要靠子弹,炸♥弹♥或是拳头
We’re not gonna take that hill from the Japs with bullets,
从日本人手里抢来那座山头
bombs or fists.
而是要靠浴血奋战
ALL: Yeah!
洒下更多血的那一方
We’re gonna take it with blood.
就会失败
Whoever spills more, loses.
我们不会失败
And we don’t lose.
对吗
Do we?
不会
ALL: No!
你输了
You lose.
就是这样
(ALL CHEERING) That’s what I thought.
你认识约翰·韦恩吗?
You know John Wayne?
认识
I do.
他是什么样的人
What’s he like?
你们会爱上彼此的
You’d love each other.
是不是很美?
Isn’t he beautiful? Okay.
– 妈妈,我有个新表情 – 嗯?
CHRIS: Mom, I got a new one. Huh?
好,等等
Okay, wait. (CAMERA CLICKS)
过来,你会吓到马儿的
Come on, you’re gonna scare the horse.
妈妈,快点过来
Mom, you’d better come quick!
爱德华·罗宾逊,你现在或是过去
STRIPLING: (ON RADIO) Edward Robinson,
are you now or have you ever been
是否参加过共♥产♥党?
a member of the Communist Party?
我现在不是,先生,也从来不是 那个党派的成员
EDWARD: I’m not now, sir,
nor have I ever been a member of that party.
我一直都是自♥由♥民♥主♥党人
I have always been a Liberal Democrat.
但多年来在你家中
STRIPLING: But in your home over the years,
一直都有举♥行♥那些我们目前已知的
there have been political meetings attended by those
共♥产♥分子参与的政♥治♥会议
that we now know to be communists.
是的,先生,这我已经澄清了
(德克萨肯纳联邦监狱)
Yes, sir. Yes, that has now been made clear to me.
战争期间我的家中
There were tremendous activities
– 有大量的活动 – 见鬼
and fundraisers… Shit.
以及筹款会
…that went on in my house during the war.
当时我并不知道
I did not know then
他们真正的身份
all of their true affiliations
或是他们所做的工作
or the work that they were up to.
我完全不知道他们中有人是共♥产♥党
It never entered my mind
that any of these people were communists.
我被欺骗,利用,被蒙蔽
I was duped and used. I was lied to.
但谁利用了你?
STRIPLING: But who used you?
呃
EDWARD: Well, um…
那些邪恶的力量
These sinister forces
他们可能运营者这些组织
who probably ran these organizations.
说一说你所指的具体个人
Oh, tell us the individuals that you have reference to.
罗宾逊先生?
Mr. Robinson?
有阿尔伯特·马尔兹
Well, uh, you had Albert Maltz.
呃
Um…
我认识弗兰克·塔特还有一些其他人
I knew Frank Tuttle and that other fellow.
位置最高的那个人
(STAMMERS) That top fellow
他们在那叫政委的
who they say is the, uh, commissar out there. Um…
阿伦·赫德?
STRIPLING: Arlen Hird?
对,对,阿伦·赫德
EDWARD: Yes, yes, Arlen Hird.
我完全不知道德米特里
I didn’t know Dmytryk at all.
现在我是个政委了
I’m a commissar now.
伊安·麦克兰·亨特
Ian McLellan Hunter…
还有达尔顿·特朗勃
…and, uh, Dalton Trumbo.
谢谢,罗宾逊先生
STRIPLING: Thank you, Mr. Robinson.
谢谢,先生
EDWARD: Thank you, sir.
主席先生,我没有别的问题了
STRIPLING: Mr. Chairman, I have no further questions.
在这里要是有那样的内鬼
Snitch like that in here,
绝对会被♥操♥死
you end up fucking dead.
(主席:约翰·韦恩)
埃迪应该回去工作,他做了他该做的
Eddie ought to go back to work. He did what he had to.
不不,他是被逼无奈
No, no, he did what he was forced to do.
关键是他做了
Well, the point is, he did it.
勇敢的男人和男孩们正在进行 这场和共♥产♥主义的战斗
Brave men and boys
are fighting this battle against communism.
他们在用我们无法想象的方式做出牺牲
They are sacrificing in ways we can’t even imagine.
你却在这聊一些混♥蛋♥的电影生涯?
And you wanna talk about some asshole’s movie career?
要我说埃迪·罗宾逊和其他 他那样的人都该去死
I’d see Eddie Robinson and everyone like him dead
只要能从朝鲜带回一个男孩 一个就好
if it’d bring back one boy from Korea. Just one.
你想表达什么?
So what are you saying?
埃迪这样的人合作了却一无所获?
Guys like Eddie cooperate and get nothing?
那样不对
That isn’t right.
小心,杜克
Careful, Duke.
不然呢,海达?
Or what, Hedda?
如果我不小心会怎样?
If I’m not careful, what?
我不知道你居然这么笨
I had no idea you were such a softie.
我就是这样,人人都喜欢我
That’s me all right. All cuddles.
以你为傲,埃迪
Proud of ya, Eddie.
我知道那不轻松,但你做得好
Wasn’t easy, I know. But you did good.
小心,杜克
Thanks, Duke.
我会打电♥话♥给制♥作♥公♥司♥ 马上成堆的工作就会来找你
I’m gonna call the studios. The offers will pour in.
当然
Sure.
谢谢
Thanks.
已经进入高♥潮♥,尤里乌斯和 埃塞尔·罗森博格被判死刑
reaches its climax,
as Julius and Ethel Rosenberg are sentenced to death
因为向苏联出♥卖♥♥♥核秘密
for revealing atomic secrets to Soviet Russia.
(初级参议员调查华盛顿)
来自威斯康星州的初级参议员
The junior senator from Wisconsin, Joseph McCarthy,
正在调查那些他认为正在渗透
is ramping up his investigation
into alleged communists he believes
我们政♥府♥,军队和学校的共♥产♥分子
are infiltrating our government,
our military, and our schools.
因为敌人已经能够让叛徒和被蒙骗者
…because the enemy has been able
to get the traitors and dupes
在我们的政♥府♥内部进行工作
to do his work within our government.
在大学机构里
One communist on the faculty
哪怕一个共♥产♥分子都太多了
of one university is one communist too many.
(1951年4月)
谢谢,比利
Thank you, Billy.
他们来了,他们来了,爸爸
MITZI: They’re here! They’re here! Dad!