是的,你可以这么说
Well, yes, you can quote me on that.
看到我的名字出现在上面 会让不少人留心
(CHUCKLES) Seeing my name in the papers
drives certain people out of their minds.
当然,他来了
Of course. Here he is.
– 柯克 – 海达
Kirk. Hedda.
为你介绍我的朋友鲍勃·斯特里普林
I’d like you to meet a friend of mine, Bob Stripling.
非美活动调查委员会成员
House Un-American Activities Committee.
道格拉斯先生
Mr. Douglas.
斯特里普林先生
Mr. Stripling.
来一杯?
Drink?
不用了,谢谢
No, thank you.
你说找我有要事
You said it was important.
除非你请了达尔顿·特朗勃
Only if you hired Dalton Trumbo.
我请谁是我的事情
Who I hire is my business.
不,道格拉斯先生
STRIPLING: No, Mr. Douglas.
是我们的事
It’s ours.
为何?
Why?
因为我们得保证这个国家的安全
‘Cause we have to keep this country safe.
你是如何去做的?
And how are you doing that?
不如我把你放进名单试试看?
Well, why don’t I show you by putting you on the stand?
海达,你的朋友在恐吓我吗?
Hedda, is your friend trying to scare me?
他只是想告诉你事实
He’s just trying to show you the way things are.
也许我不喜欢那种方式
Maybe I don’t like the way things are.
柯克,我们认识很久了
Kirk, we’ve known each other a long time.
你什么时候变得这么混♥蛋♥了?
Since when did you become such a bastard?
我一直都很混♥蛋♥ 你只是没注意而已
I was always a bastard. You just never noticed.
(1958年12月)
什么?
Yes?
我想见见写这个的人
I wish to see the man who wrote this.
请进
Please, come in.
谢谢
Thank you.
我是奥托·普雷明格
I am Otto Preminger.
是导演
The director.
抱歉,我…
Forgive me, I…
我几小时前刚工作完,我…
I’ve just finished work a few hours ago. I…
这是我所读剧本的副本
A copy of which I’ve read.
但是怎么…
But how could…
这是我今早刚交的
I just had that delivered this morning.
我是导演奥托·普雷明格
I am Otto Preminger, the director.
请吧
Please.
是的,我的小儿子觉得
Oh, yes, my youngest thinks
我可以结束所有受伤 鸟儿的痛苦
that I can end the suffering of all broken birds.
我用烤肉机也能做到
As can I, with a broiler.
你完全受雇于柯克·道格拉斯先生吗?
Are your duties completed for Mr. Kirk Douglas?
不是,我有两周的圣诞假期
No, but I do have two weeks off for Christmas.
届时你将和我合作
During which time you will work with me.
是吗?
Will I?
如果你真有那么聪明的话
If you’re as intelligent as your writing.
并且希望有个好名声
And as greedy as your reputation.

Hmm.
是对小说《出埃及记》的改编
It is an adaptation of the novel Exodus.
你读过了吗?
You’ve read it?
没有
No.
是一部畅销书
A colossal bestseller.
几乎可以说是一部烂作品
Very nearly a perfect piece of shit.
但是里面有个好故事
But there’s a good story in there somewhere.
我不知道
I have no idea.
但是我请到了保罗·纽曼
But I have Paul Newman.
我们谈过了,他有点沉默
We have spoken. He is a little reticent,
但是我相信只要价格合适 他就会接受的
but I believe, at the right price,
he will accept.
你是答应了?
So you’re doing it?
我想只有这样他才会离开
Well, I think it’s the only way to get him to leave.
这很重要
PREMINGER: It’s very important.
可怜的普雷明格先生
CLEO: Poor Mr. Preminger.
他认为他是猫 你才是老鼠
He thinks he’s the cat and you’re the mouse.
(《出埃及记》)
(TYPEWRITER CLACKING)
看看啊,完美
Oh, look at that. Perfect.
嘿,那是什么? 俄♥罗♥斯♥的洋娃娃?
CLEO: Hey, Mitzi, what’s that? A Russian doll?
太完美了
TRUMBO: Absolutely perfect.
这是什么,圣诞老人?
Oh! What is this, Santa?
给克劳斯太太的小东西
Just a little something for Mrs. Claus.
我之后再打开
CLEO: I’ll open it later.
圣诞结束了
Christmas is over.
好吧…
TRUMBO: Well…
你看了新的剧本吗?
Did you read the new scenes?
真糟糕,保持这个程度
Dreadful. Keep up this level of work,
这样你就能出现在 我的影片中
and I will see to it your name is on my movie.
好承担骂名
To take the blame.
好的,给你
Well, there you go.
你好,嗨,萨缪尔
Ooh! Hello. Hi, Sammy.
你知道这鸟是 柯克·道格拉斯给我的吗?
Oh, do you know that
Kirk Douglas gave me this bird?
这会分散你的注意力
It’s a distraction.
不不,完全不会
No. No, not at all.
我叫他萨缪尔·杰克逊
I named him Sam Jackson.
他写了《斯巴达克斯》
He wrote Spartacus.
如何?
Well?
– 好多了 – 谢天谢地
Better. Thank God.
但是缺少天赋
But it simply lacks genius.
奥托,如果每一幕都那么好
Otto, if every scene is brilliant,
那么你的影片就会很单调了
your movie is going to be utterly monotonous.
我告诉你吧
I’ll tell you what.
你把每一幕都往好了写
You write every scene brilliantly,
我会选择性的拍摄
and I will direct unevenly.
怎么了,亲爱的?
What is it, dear?
谢谢你
KIRK: Thank you.
你好,柯克
TRUMBO: Oh, hello, Kirk.
圣诞快乐,谢谢你,米兹
Merry Christmas. Thank you, Mitzi.
奥托,你好吗?
Otto. How are you?
我很好,柯克
I am very well, Kirk.
我无意打搅
I, uh, didn’t mean to interrupt.
不不不,没事,没事
No, no. No, not at all. Not at all.
奥托,我们谈谈好吗?
Otto, would you mind if we had a little chat?
很快就好
Won’t be a second.
感觉就像是见到了自己老婆
I sort of feel like I walked in on my wife.
你喜欢他吗?
Do you love him?
那还远远谈不上
Oh, it’s far more lurid than that.
他只是为我的工作付钱
He’s paying me for my services.
我也是
So am I.
和之前说好的一样 一月二号♥准时送到
And you’ll get them again, January 2nd, as promised.
我需要你再用几天时间 改一些新的场景
I just need you a few days on some of the new scenes.
当然,但是得在二号♥之前
Of course, but not until the 2nd.
我也不想,但是只有
I wouldn’t ask, but I’ve never had a director
斯坦利·库布里克让我感觉到 这么的痛苦
who’s a bigger pain in my ass than Stanley Kubrick.
糟糕的是,他是对的
The worst part is, he’s right.
我不会拒绝,但是…
Well, I wouldn’t refuse, but…
这是我们两人之间的秘密
Well, I really… This should remain between us.
当然
Of course.
好吧…
Well…
普雷明格已经宣布
Preminger has declared that…
他的说法是
Well, what he said was,
“只要你保持这样的程度
“You keep up this level of work,
我就会让你的名字 出现在我的电影里”
“and I’ll see to it that your name is on my movie.”
– 真的吗? – 是的
Really? Oh, yes.
那是他的原话
Those were his exact words.
保持联♥系♥
KIRK: Be in touch.
很好
TRUMBO: Very well.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas!
你也是
(CHUCKLES) You too.
我想他是找你合作的
I suppose he wants you back.
不,不,不,他…
Well, no. No, no. He…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!