It’s crazy how mad you make me.
你一直是我的偶像
Since all I ever wanted was to be just like you.
恐怕我得说你成功了
Well, I’m afraid to say that you’ve succeeded.
我们都知道,好吗?
We know, okay?
这是个小地方 流言都是真的
It’s a small town. The gossip’s always true.
聘请达尔顿·特朗勃和其他人
Fire Dalton Trumbo and the rest of them
否则你就将被抵♥制♥
or you got pickets, headlines and boycotts.
我们会让你没事做
We will put you right out of business.
我们?
We?
美国优秀影片保存联盟
The Motion Picture Alliance
for the Preservation of American Ideals.
我和罗纳德·里根,海达·霍普
Me and Ronald Reagan, Hedda Hopper,
工会们,制片室头头门 还有约翰·韦恩
guilds, studio heads, John Wayne.
我欣赏约翰·韦恩
I love John Wayne.
我会介绍你们认识
Well, I’ll introduce you.
你们可以一起合作电影
You guys could do a movie together.
天啊,那可太好了
Oh, gee, that would be swell.
但是我不认为
Except I don’t think
– 你和我将会成为伙伴 – 嘿,弗兰克
you and me are gonna be pals. Hey, Frank!
– 你想把我踢出去? – 弗兰克,弗兰克
You wanna keep me
from hiring union? Frank! Frank!
我会去市区找一大伙酒鬼和妓♥女♥
I’ll go downtown, hire a bunch of winos and hookers!
这没关系
It doesn’t matter!
– 我是做垃圾的 – 弗兰克
I make garbage! Frank!
你想叫我左倾分子?来吧
You want to call me a pinko in the papers? Do it!
– 我的电影都是看不懂的 – 等等
None of the people that go to my fucking movies can read! No, wait.
我♥干♥这个就是为了钱和女人 现在已经到手了
I am in this for the money and the pussy
and they’re both falling off the trees.
你都拿走吧
(GRUNTS) Take it away from me.
来吧,我不会起诉你
Go ahead. I won’t sue you,
但我发誓绝对会把你活活打死
but this will be the last fucking thing you see
before I beat you to death with it.
蒂芙尼
Tiffany!
在
TIFFANY: Right here.
你想干嘛?
Fuck you want?
噢
Uh… Oh, uh…
– 新剧本 – 是吗?
New script. FRANK: Oh, yeah?
是的,是部家庭片
Yes, it’s a family picture.
我推敲了很久
Something I’ve been mulling.
讲述的是一个年轻的墨西哥 小伙和他的宠物公牛
It’s the story of a young Mexican boy
and his pet bull.
听起来有点意思,叫什么?
Sounds a little fruity. What’s it called?
《勇敢的人》,但有个问题
The Brave One. Oh, one problem though.
要很多经费?
Expensive?
比这更糟
Worse.
但是部好片
It’s good.
(《勇敢的人》)
BOY: Olé! Olé!
谁告诉你的?他们还说什么?
Who told you? What else did they say?
(1957年一月)
好吧…
(SIGHS) Well…
你也是,谢谢你,弗兰克
You too. And thank you, Frank.
怎么了?
What?
《勇敢的人》被奥斯卡奖提名了
The Brave One has been nominated
for an Academy Award.
噢
(LAUGHING) Oh.
– 真的吗? – 是的,真的
Really? Yes, really!
太棒了
That’s crazy.
我不知道,就像《罗马假日》
I don’t know. It’s like Roman Holiday.
海米,这可和《罗马假日》不像
Oh, Hymie, this is nothing like Roman Holiday.
《罗马假日》有个又帅又有型的男主角
Roman Holiday had a guy with a name and a body
足够拿个奖项
they could give the award to.
根本没有罗伯特·里奇这人 谁能去领奖呢?
There is no Robert Rich. Who gets the thing if it wins?
好吧,也许拿不着
Well, maybe it won’t.
我是说,没那么好,无意冒犯
I mean, it’s not that good. No offense.
没关系
None taken.
现在我要介绍
And now I’d like to say
(1957年三月)
two of the most beautiful words
剧情片产业里最优秀的人 也就是黛博拉·寇儿
in the motion-picture industry,
Deborah Kerr.
获得本次最佳故事片提名的是
The nominations for Best Motion Picture Story are,
《勇敢的人》的编剧罗伯特·里奇
Robert Rich for The Brave One,
《琴韵补情天》的编剧里奥·凯切尔
Leo Katcher for The Eddy Duchin Story,
《自大美人》的编剧让保罗·萨特
Jean-Paul Sartre for The Proud and the Beautiful,
以及《风烛泪》的编剧凯撒·萨瓦提尼
and Cesare Zavattini for Umberto D.
请呈上结果
The envelope please.
获奖者是《勇敢的人》 的编剧罗伯特·里奇
The Brave One, Robert Rich!
爸爸
(ALL CHEERING) CHRIS: Dad!
– 你赢了 – 那是谁?
MITZI: You won! NIKI: Who’s that guy?
来自美国作家协会编剧分会的
Mr. Jesse Lasky Jr.,
Vice President of the screenwriter’s branch
副♥主♥席♥小杰西·拉斯基先生 将替里奇领奖
of the Writers Guild,
will accept the award for Mr. Rich.
为了罗伯特·里奇和他的 优美故事,非常感谢
LASKY: On behalf of Robert Rich
and his beautiful story,
thank you very much.
真奇怪
NIKI: So weird.
我们找不到里奇先生 他显然是…
We can’t find Mr. Rich anywhere. He apparently…
罗伯特·里奇是谁?
Who the hell is Robert Rich?
我得挂了
I gotta go.
最好不要像他们说的那样
It had better not be who they say.
– 特朗勃先生 – 什么?
Mr. Trumbo. TRUMBO: Yes?
你就是罗伯特·里奇吗? 是你写的《勇敢的人》?
Are you Robert Rich? Did you write The Brave One?
这个,你知道,我这个人
Well, you see, it’s my policy
不喜欢因为一部电影邀功
not to claim credit for any one movie.
所以可以说我和所有的 作品都是没关系的
That way, it’s possible
that I had something to do with all of them.
除了我的那些对手们
Except the stinkers, which were all written
写的批评文章
by my enemies. (MEN CHUCKLING)
你对黑名单怎么看?
What’s your position on the blacklist?
我在上面
Well, on it.
和其他几千人一起
Along with thousands of others.
你是将罗伯特·里奇这个 角色当做打破这一现状的筹码吗?
Are you using this Robert Rich controversy
to try and end it?
《勇敢的人》是一部精彩的短片
See, The Brave One is a nice little picture.
如果关于我加入其中的流言
And if rumors of my involvement
能使得票房♥大卖♥♥,那就很好
can help sell tickets, well, then, good.
如果关于原创者的问题
And if the strange circumstances
导致了一些麻烦
of its authorship raised a few questions,
那就更好了
well, even better. (DOOR OPENING)
– 特朗勃? – 什么?
NIKI: Trumbo? Yes?
– 有你的电♥话♥ – 谁来的?
Phone for you. TRUMBO: Well, who is it?
一个自称柯克·道格拉斯的疯子
(WHISPERS) Some crazy guy, says he’s Kirk Douglas.
是吗,谢谢你,妮可拉
Really? Huh. Well, thank you, Nikola.
妮可?我是柯克
Niki? Kirk.
柯克
Kirk.
道尔顿
Dalton.
很抱歉
My apologies.
我们最近实在接到了 不少的骚扰电♥话♥
We’ve had more than our share of crank calls lately.
– 我能想象 – 请坐吧
(CHUCKLES) I can imagine. Please have a seat.
要喝的吗?
May I get you a drink?
不,不用了
No. No thank you.
那好吧
All right.
– 那么? – 我在拍摄新的影片
So? I’m doing a new picture.
我刚拿到剧本
And I just got the script.
这剧本可不简单啊
That must be seven hours of entertainment there.
没一点有意思的
Not a single page is entertaining.
但是其中包含了一个好故事
But there’s a good story in there somewhere.
讲述的是一个试图掌控世界的人
About one man who tried to take on the whole world.
你让我有点兴趣了
Well, you’ve got me so far.
他是一个反抗罗马帝国的 奴隶起义领袖
He was a slave
who led a revolt against the Roman Empire.
嗯
TRUMBO: Hmm.
名字叫什么?
Now, what’s the title?
《斯巴达克斯》
Spartacus.
不不不
TRUMBO: No, no, no.
我现在无法告诉你我在做什么
I can’t tell you what I’m working on now,
except to say that
因为黑名单依然存在 所以得秘密的进行
the blacklist is alive and well
and so is the black market.