(1930年代,为应对大萧条 和法♥西♥斯♥主义的崛起)
(几千美国人加入到美国共♥产♥党)
(二战期间,美国与苏维埃结盟后 更多人加入了美国共♥产♥党)
(编剧达尔顿·特朗勃 一名工人♥权♥利的长♥期♥拥护者)
(于1943年成为了一名党员)
(但冷战对美国共♥产♥党 产生了新的怀疑)
(1947年,洛杉矶北部)
(获奖提名证书,达尔顿·特朗勃)
(《无语问苍天》 达尔顿·特朗勃所著小说)
(《祖儿小子》)
(艾琳·邓恩)
(编剧:达尔顿·特朗勃)
(《温柔的同胞》)
(金吉·罗杰斯)
片名:《特朗勃》
你想要什么,里科?
What do you want, Rocco?
要我们都想要的
What we all want.
不要死的太年轻,太穷或是孤零零
To not die young, poor or alone.
曼尼…
Manny…
这些家伙,他们…
These guys, they…
我不把他们想要的给他们
I don’t give them what they’re after,
他们会杀了我的
they’ll kill me.
别动,里克
Hold it, Rocco.
我们不跟这些家伙做对
We don’t fight these guys.
当然,也许你会得到…
Sure, maybe you get that… (CLATTERS)
– 该死,见鬼 – 停!
Shit. God damn it. SAM: Cut!
(BELL RINGS) (LAUGHS)
– 道具师! – 停
MAN: Props! Cut.
抱歉,各位
EDWARD: Sorry, everyone. (TRUMBO COUGHS)
– 我们待会儿重来,埃迪 – 我不知道这是怎么回事
We’re going again, Eddie. I don’t know what happened.
抱歉,山姆
MAN: Sorry, Sam.
当然,今天作者和我们在一起
Of course, the one day the author is among us.
和我们在一起,显然他不跟我们一样
Among us. Sure as hell ain’t one of us.
我最牛的台词是什么,特朗勃?
EDWARD: What’s my brilliant line, Trumbo?
哦,就在这
Oh! I’ve got it right here.
“别动,里克,现在… 如果我们不跟这些家伙做对
“Hold it, Rocco. Now if… If we don’t fight these guys,
当然,也许你会得到我们都想要的 漫长,幸福的人生”
“sure, maybe you get that long, happy life we all want.”
那么,我为了什么跟他们做对?
So, what do you got me fighting for then?
那个,世界和平,善良人性
Well, peace on Earth. Good will toward men.
你不能这么做,这儿是美国
Well, you can’t do that. This is America.
好吧,那位了性与金钱如何?
All right. How about sex and money?
这才对嘛,我们都爱的两样东西
There you go. Two things we all love.
好吧…
Well…
这是你对市民们的小型布道
One of your little sermons on citizenship.
好了,再来
SAM: All right, going again.
米高梅组建了冠军阵容
EDWARD: Mayer lined up the A Team.
山姆·伍德拍摄,达尔顿·特朗勃改编
Sam Wood to shoot, Dalton Trumbo for rewrites.
我没剧组,干不了
SAM: I had no crew, I couldn’t work.
所以,祈愿吧
EDWARD: So, good, fingers crossed
你不愿意工作
You wouldn’t work.
上帝禁止你为了建筑工人而跨越警戒线
God forbid you cross a picket line for set builders.
建筑工人跟编剧有什么关系?
What the hell do set builders have to do with writing?
编剧编的,等同于建筑工人建筑的
What writers write, builders build.
他们建筑了什么,你就拍什么
What they build, you shoot.
现在,你已经赚了所有可能赚到的钱
Now, you make all the money you possibly can.
我也是,那凭什么他们不能? 我们为什么就不能帮助他们?
So do I. Why shouldn’t they? And why can’t we help them?
听听你的口气啊,泳池派苏维埃
Listen to you, the swimming pool Soviet.
老天爷,你赢了!
Oh, for God’s sakes, you won!
山姆,罢♥工♥已经结束了
Sam, the strike is over.
你也许该试着成为一个高尚的赢家!
And you just might try being a gracious winner!
你知道,你们这些人总是没完没了!
You know, it’s never over with you people!
一次罢♥工♥接着一次罢♥工♥
Strike after strike after strike!
“你们这些人”?
“You people”?
为了正义不惜一切!
Whatever it takes to seek justice!
嘿,你知道吗?
Hey, you know what?
– 我们都… – 尽管笑吧
TRUMBO: We’ve all… SAM: Laugh it up.
– 不如我们都休息个半年吧? – 拜托,山姆!
SAM: Why don’t we all take six months off?
TRUMBO: Oh, come on, Sam!
– 我要继续罢♥工♥… – 这对你有好处
I’m gonna go on strike… Good for you.
反对那些持续罢♥工♥的人
…against people who go on strike.
山姆,山姆
Sam, Sam…
我也不会跨越你的警戒线
And I won’t cross your picket line either.
你试试看,特朗勃!你刚刚…
SAM: Oh, give me that, Trumbo! You’re just…
– 山姆!山姆! – 知道吗?知道吗?
EDWARD: Sam! Sam!
SAM: You know what? You know what?
我已经花了很长时间…什么?
I’ve spent a hell of a long time… What?
你这不是在帮忙,埃迪
You’re not helping… Eddie…
山姆,山姆,那几场戏 我们明天还得谈谈
Sam, Sam. We gotta talk about those scenes tomorrow.
太烂了,是谁写的那狗屁?
Disaster. Who the hell wrote that crap?
但是,首先…
But, uh, first…
能跟我跳个舞吗?
Whoa, whoa! May I have this dance?
埃迪,你把我的酒弄洒了
SAM: Eddie… You’re spilling my drink.
玩着呢?
Having fun?
一直如此
Eternally. (CHUCKLES)
霍珀小姐
Miss Hopper.
新闻电头,好莱坞
ANNOUNCER: Dateline, Hollywood.
(海达·霍珀的好莱坞)
顶级专栏作家,海达·霍珀
The offices of top columnist Hedda Hopper.
为我们随处皆阳光和快乐电影首都 致以问候
Greetings from our film capital,
where all is sun and fun.
或者呢? 你们看到这些著名的面孔了吗?
Or is it? You see the famous faces here?
丹尼·凯,亨弗莱·鲍嘉 还有他迷人的新娘劳伦·白考尔
Danny Kaye, Humphrey Bogart, his dishy bride Lauren Bacall.
他们都公开宣布与影界同僚团结 他们讨要更高薪水的罢♥工♥
All of whom have declared solidarity
with film crews picketing for higher wages
很快转变成为了暴♥力♥
in walkouts that quickly turned violent.
因为这些罢♥工♥实为危险的激进行为
Because these strikes were, in fact,
the work of dangerous radicals.
这,我们看到了《双重赔偿》中的明星 爱德华·G·罗宾逊
Here, we see actor Edward G. Robinson,
star of Double Indemnity.
这是编剧达尔顿·特朗勃
And this is writer Dalton Trumbo,
正如许多其他的罢♥工♥者 和他们的拥护者一样
who is, like many of those strikers and their supporters,
是记名共♥产♥党
a registered communist.
究竟是谁在操控这些罢♥工♥?
Who exactly is behind these walkouts?
东西实际上是你们创造的…
You actually create something…
– 以及为什么? – 但他们却掠走了所有利润
HEDDA: And why?
TRUMBO: … and they reap all the profits.
这公平吗?
Now, is that fair?
– 不公平! – 不公平!
CROWD: No! No!
我们推举出的领袖们将会查明真♥相♥
HEDDA: Our elected leaders will find out.
国会议员J·帕内尔·托马斯和他的 非美活动调查委员会
Congressman J. Parnell Thomas
and his House Un-American Activities Committee.
共♥产♥主义并非久远的威胁
Communism is not some faraway threat.
它最危险的主使们都在这
Its most dangerous agents are here,
他们控制了电视广播和电影银幕
controlling the airwaves and movie screens.
操控着它的雇员和工会
Taking over its employees and their unions.
他们应该被当做我们的敌人
They need to be identified as the enemies they are.
共♥产♥党,他们的目标:统治世界
NARRATOR: Communists, their goal:
world domination.
这是一种新型战争的前线
The frontline of a new kind of war.
是一场冷战
A cold war.
是使民♥主♥价值观腐♥败♥
A conspiracy to corrupt democratic values
并推♥翻♥这个民族的阴谋
and bring about the overthrow of this nation.
(CHUCKLES)
米兹睡着了
CLEO: Mitzi fell asleep.
嘿!你是新闻上的那个人吗?
MAN: Hey! That you in the news reel?
对,是我
(SIGHS) Yes, it was.
叛徒
Traitor.
天呐!亲爱的
Oh, my God! Honey.
不,我没事,我没事,没受伤
TRUMBO: No, I’m all right, I’m all right. No harm done.
你确定吗?
CLEO: Are you sure? Oh.
快点,我们走吧
Come on. Let’s go.
爸爸?
Dad? Mmm.
你是个共♥产♥党吗?
Are you a communist?
是啊
I am.
那是违法的吗?
Is that against the law?
不是
It is not.
那个戴着大帽子的女士说 你是个危险的激进分子
The lady with the big hat said you were a dangerous radical.
你是吗?
Are you?
激进分子?也许
Radical? Maybe.
危险,只有那些对人泼可乐的人才是
Dangerous. Only to men who fling Cokes.
我热爱我们的国家
I love our country.
而且这也是个好政♥府♥
And it’s a good government.
但本来就很好的事也可以变得更好 你不觉得吗?
But anything good could be better, don’t you think?
那妈妈是共♥产♥党吗?