(澳洲)
(第197天 南冰洋 离家2556公里)
杰西卡 我是澳大利亚总理
Jessica, this is the Prime Minister of Australia.
你也可以叫我陆克文…
-You can call me K-Rudd if you– -Gimme this.
嘿 汤姆 怎么啦
Hey, Tom. What’s up?
总理一直提起你
To be fair, the prime minister has been talking about you.
艾米莉 你回家啦
Em, you’re home!
就待一周
Just for the week.
我学校的人都知道你是谁了
It’s crazy, everyone at uni knows who you are.
我可不想当名人
-Oh, God. I don’t know if I want that. -Well, then brace yourself.
你绕过露纹角的照片 登上了世界各地的报纸
That picture of you rounding the cape is in newspapers all over the world.
大家都在为你喝彩
Everyone’s cheering for you.
拜托 打理一下你的头发吧
So please start doing your hair.
拜托 我只能用叉子梳头
Oh, come on. I have a fork for a brush.
大学怎么样 有在悉尼认识新的男生吗
How’s uni? Any new boys in Sydney?
也许吧
Maybe!
天呐 谁呀
Oh, my God, who?
这个嘛…
Well…
嘿 你能让妈妈接一下电♥话♥吗
Hey, uh, could you get Mum on the phone?
马上
Now?
前方有恶劣天气 非常恶劣 是风暴群
Bad weather on the way. Really bad. Storms.
风暴 而且不止一个
“Storms,” plural?
是来自南极洲的气旋 规模是上次那场风暴的五倍
They’re even coming right at me from Antarctica. Five times the size of the last storm.
我想你可能得入港了
I think you might have to pull into port.
放弃吗 不行 做不到 我不能现在放弃
Quit? No. No, I can’t. Not now.
-我认为你别无选择 -让我看看天象
I’m not sure you’re gonna have an option here. Let me check the sky.
你为什么要这么对我 就不能放我一马吗
Why– Why are you doing this to me? Why couldn’t you just give me a break?
风暴前缘已经带来了
The front’s already generating gale force winds
130公里每小时的强风 伴随12米高的巨浪
of 70 knots, with a 40-foot swell.
杰西卡沃森会驶入港口 被取消资格
So will Jessica pull into port but get disqualified in the process,
还是会继续前进
or keep going?
谢谢你 克雷格 如果她选择穿过巴斯海峡呢
Thanks, Craig. What about cutting through Bass Straight?
她能借此抵挡恶劣天气
It’s an option, and could shield her from the worst of the weather.
-以错过第四个海岬为代价 -但她能保住命 苏西
Though she’d miss the fourth cape. But she’ll live, Susie.
这是我们现在讨论的重点 她的生存
That’s what we’re talking about here, isn’t it? Her survival.
澳大利亚青年水手 杰西卡沃森的环球航海尝试
Australian teen sailor Jessica Watson has been confronted by another challenge in her attempt to become the youngest person
再次面临挑战
to circumnavigate the world.
你不用觉得羞耻
You have nothing to be ashamed of.
哪怕最经验老道的水手都会选择靠岸
Even the most experienced sailors would pull in too.
就连本也会
Yeah, even Ben would.
朱莉
Jules.
我会让所有人失望的
Yeah, but I’m gonna let everyone down.
不会有人失望的 你没看那些评论吗
You’re not letting anyone down. -Have you even seen your comments?
什么评论
What comments?
你博客上的评论
On your blog.
-我教过你怎么看评论的 -你没有
-Told you how to do this. No, you didn’t.
我有
Yes, I did.
好吧 打开笔记本电脑
Okay, open your laptop.
点击任何一篇博文的链接
Click the link on to any post.
鼠标往下滚动 然后看吧
Scroll down and watch.
我每天早上都会查看你的最新动态
I can’t wait to check how you’re doing every morning.
你比我认识的所有人都坚强
You’re stronger than anyone I know.
公有住房♥区有14个孩子
There are 14 children on the council estate
借了我的电脑去追你的视频日志
who borrow my computer to follow your video diary.
你给了这些孩子很大的鼓舞
Oh, you are such an inspiration to these kids.
我要攀登七大高峰
I am going to climb the Seven Summits.
谢谢你让我看见了 这并非遥不可及的梦
Thank you for making me see it doesn’t have to just be a dream.
我今年12岁 也患有阅读障碍
I’m 12 years old and I’m also dyslexic.
追你的视频让我开始觉得
Following your videos has made me think
我也能去追逐梦想 有朝一日成为飞行员
that I can also reach my dream and one day become a pilot.
谢谢你带我们一起 走上这段旅程 沃森船长
Thanks for making us part of your journey, Captain Watson.
我回头再打给你
I’m gonna call you back.
我们眼看就要成功了
We are so close.
那么…
So, so…
一 二 三
One, two, three.
我们爱你 杰西卡
We love you, Jessica!
悉尼见
See you in Sydney!
一定有办法的
There has to be a way.
我只想带她回家
I just want to get her home.
好的 我反复计算过数据 还有一个选择
Okay, so I’ve done the numbers over and over, and there is another option.
我可以跑赢风暴
I could outrun the western storm.
-不 绝对不行 -本 你回来了
-No, not gonna happen. -Ben, you’re back?
对 杰丝 之前是我不好 我不该发火的
Yeah. About that, Jess, I shouldn’t have lost it.
我让恐惧战胜了理智 对不起
I let fear take over, and I’m sorry.
不 该说对不起的是我
No. No, no, no, I’m sorry.
听着 我…
-Look, I–
我当时想说的是 “我不是他 这也不是千禧杯”
What I meant was that I’m not him and this isn’t the Millennium Cup,
你不会失去我的 你休想摆脱我
and you’re not gonna lose me, Ben. You’re stuck with me.
风暴要来了 记得吗
Uh, storm incoming, remember?
对 最猛烈的风暴会在72小时后抵达
Yeah. So the worst of the storms are gonna hit in 72 hours,
如果我能穿过去呢
so what if I go through them?
这不是你能硬抗的风暴
What? These are not the kind of storms you weather.
我没想硬抗 我想不用浮锚 顺应风势
No, I don’t want to weather them, I want to move with them by not using the drogue.
杰丝 浮锚是用来 保持船身稳定的 不能不用
Jess, you have to. The drogue’s what keeps the boat stable.
对 但在太平洋风暴群里 浮锚会拖慢我的速度
Yeah, but in the Pacific storms, it slowed us down like an anchor.
对 要的就是慢
Yeah, that’s the point!
但小粉在上次对抗风暴时 就被海浪冲击得遍体鳞伤了
Yeah, but then we were battered by these waves ’cause Pink fought them.
你说过我们不该与大自然对抗
I mean, you said we shouldn’t fight Mother Nature.
那我们就跟它合作
So let’s work with her.
让小粉去冲浪吧
Let Pink surf.
等等 她说得对
Wait, she’s right.
如果站在海浪前 你会被击倒
If you stand in front of the wave, it knocks you down,
但如果你去冲浪 就能踏浪而行
but if you surf with them, it doesn’t.
大部分时候是这样
Most of the time.
对 听着 不使用浮锚
Yeah, look, without the drogue,
你要面对的是18米高的巨浪 杰丝
you’re gonna be up against 60-foot waves, Jess.
所以不要被海浪冲击
Yeah, so instead of getting battered by ’em,
而是乘浪而上
we’d ride over them.
小粉体型娇小 正好是优势
Pink being small would actually help.
小粉能撑得住吗
Is Pink up to this?
你才刚补好舱壁上的裂缝 它能坚持吗
You only just patched that crack in the bulkhead. Will it hold?
况且你也筋疲力尽了 而那风暴听起来就像场马拉松
You’re also exhausted, Jessy, and the storm sounds like a marathon.
我不想功亏一篑
I’m so close.
嘿 别关心成败了
Hey, don’t worry about that.
现在活着回家更重要
Making it home alive is more important right now.
你必须靠岸
You’re gonna have to pull in.
我同意本的说法 安全第一
I agree with Ben. Be safe.
不 穿过巴斯海峡
No! Cut through the straight.
-对 我喜欢这个选项 -我喜欢冲浪那个
Yeah, I like that option. I like the surfer one.
-我猜你是支持“靠岸”喽 爸爸 -那个…
I’m guessing you vote for “pull in,” Dad? Well…
对 显然这是最保险的…
yeah, it’s obviously the safest…
杰丝 我…
Oh, Jessy, uh…
我不知道 我真的不知道
I– I don’t know. I really don’t.
我几乎都没出过海
I– I barely sail offshore,
可是你呢 天呐 你环游了世界呀
but you, God, you’ve sailed around the world.
听着 你了解海洋 你了解你的船
Look, you know the ocean, you know your boat.
我相信你的判断
I trust that you know what’s best.
你♥爸♥爸说得对
Your Dad’s right.
你是那艘船的船长
You’re the captain of that ship.
无论你做任何决定 我们都会支持你
We will support whatever decision you make.
谢谢你 爸爸 谢谢你 妈妈
Thanks, Dad. Thanks, Mum.
我爱你们
I love you.
我们爱你 杰丝
We love you, Jessy.
本 我的直觉告诉我 要穿过风暴群
Ben, my gut is telling me to go through these storms,
不使用浮锚
and I’m not gonna use the drogue.
这会是一场恶战
It won’t be easy.
你需要保持冷静 忍♥受疲惫
You’ll need to be calm, endure fatigue.
过程可能会持续几天
It’s gonna last days.
我知道
I know.
我能做到
I can do it.
我可以的 本
I’ve got this, Ben.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!