“Goodbye, Reuben,” she says, “the love of decency ain’t in you.”
那是一个离过婚的女人替你说的体面话。
That’s a divorced woman talking for you about decency.
我对她说:“再见,诺拉。”
I told her, “Goodbye, Nola.”
“我希望那个混♥蛋♥这次能让你开心。”
“I hope that bastard makes you happy this time.”
你有孩子吗?
Did you have any children?
有个男孩,和他老妈一起走了。
There was a boy, Nola took him with her.
反正他也不怎么喜欢我。
He never liked me anyway.
你也再见不到比贺拉斯更笨的孩子了。
A clumsier child you’ll never see than Horace.
我敢打赌他起码打碎了有四十个杯子!
I bet he broke forty cups!
你从来没有因为偷了钱而被抓过?
Never did get you for stealing that money?
我不认为这是偷窃。– 它本不属于你的。
I didn’t consider it stealing. – It didn’t belong to you.
我需要一些好的开始,就像那新墨西哥州的银行也是如此。
I needed a road stake. Like that bank in New Mexico.
我需要一点钱,它正好就在那里了。
I needed a road stake, and there it was.
我从来没有抢劫过其他任何公民的财物!
I never robbed no citizen or took a man’s watch!
这就是偷。
It’s all stealing.
这就是那些新墨西哥人的立场。
That’s the position those New Mexicans took.
我必须逃命!
I had to flee for my life!
那时波还是一匹小马驹,可没有一匹马能跑过它。
Bo was a young colt then, no horse could run him into the ground.
当后面追兵变得稀少的时候,
When that posse thinned out,
我掉转马头,用牙齿咬住缰绳,
I turned Bo around and, taking the reins in my teeth,
手执双枪向那班人开火。
charged them boys firing two Navy Sixes.
他们一定都是深爱家庭的已婚男人,
They must have been married men who loved their families,
因为他们都全部四散回家了!
’cause they scattered and ran for home!
你没有家人,对吧?除了陈李和那只懒猫。
You don’t have any family, do you? Except Chen Lee and that lazy cat.
普莱斯将军不属于我的,猫儿从不属于任何人!
General Price don’t belong to me. Cats don’t belong to nobody!
他只是和我住在一起罢了。我当然依赖它……
He just rooms with me. Course I depend on him…
嗯…
Well…
小姐姐,你最好睡一会儿。
Baby sister, you better try and get some sleep.
他们来了我就叫醒你。
I’ll wake you up when they get here.
嘘!
Shh!
看来穆尔说的是实话。
Looks like Moon was telling the truth.
他们在干什么?– 四处探查。
What are they doing? – Smelling around.
看到切尼了吗?
You see Chaney?
太远了,看不清他们的脸。
I can’t make out their faces.
那个是内德·佩珀。
That’s Ned Pepper, all right.
昆西!穆尔!
Quincy! Moon!
在喊的那个那是他。
That’s him hollering.
和他在一起的是之前的墨西哥仔,鲍勃。
That’s the original Mexican Bob with him.
不止一个吗? — 还有一个更年轻的。
There’s more than one? – There’s a younger one.
但他根本比不上这个。
But he ain’t a patch to this one.
穆尔!
Moon!
昆西!
Quincy!
他坏事了!
Now he’s done it!
尼德,到这里来!
Over here, Ned!
我中枪了。
I’m hit.
他们常叫他幸运儿奈德·佩珀,可真不是白叫的。
They don’t call him Lucky Ned Pepper for nothing.
那个人为他把命都搭上了,可他甚至都没有回头看一眼。
That man gave his life for him. He didn’t even look back.
回头是一种坏习惯。
Looking back is a bad habit.
嗯…
Well…
你做的好事!?
What’s your story?
我正想转移一个更好的地方,然后就听到了一声枪响。
I was on the move to a better place, and I heard the first shot.
你是睡着了吧!
More likely asleep!
你知道他们是谁吗? — 沙滩上的那个叫汉斯。
You know who they are? – The one on the sand spit’s Haze.
这个男孩吗?我真不知道。
The boy? I don’t know.
天哪,他几乎和我一样年轻。
He’s not much older than I am.
一点擦伤而已。
That’s nothing but a little scratch.
这没啥的,去给我们煮点咖啡吧!
That’s nothing to do with you. Go make us some coffee!
不用多久的,– 行了,去吧!
It won’t take long. – Let it go and go on inside!
你为什么这么愚蠢?
Why are you being so foolish?
你可真会射马。– 我在找内德·佩珀。
You’re quite a horse-shooter. – I was trying for Ned Pepper.
下次试着射马,也许你就打到佩珀的啦!
Next time try for the horse and maybe you’ll hit Pepper!
那我们还等什么?骑马去追赶他们吧。
What are we waiting for? Let’s ride after them.
我说不用,我知道他们会要去哪个地方。
I say no. I know where they’re going to earth.
看着他们跑掉,那就抓不到人啦。
You can’t take men by watching them run away.
我了解这个国家,也了解这些人。
I know this country, and I know these men.
我们把马和死人都带到麦卡莱斯特去,
We’ll take the horses and the dead into McAlester,
我会向铁路公♥司♥索取相关报酬。
and I’ll put in a claim for any reward the railroad may offer.
你觉得呢? — 嗯,……好吧。
You backed up? – Some… for now.
老吹口哨,您烦不烦的!– 这样他就不会去想他受伤的手了。
Damn a man that whistles! – He’s keeping his mind off his hand.
你对我评价不高,是吗?
You don’t think very much of me, do you?
如果你闭嘴的,我压根不会想到你。
I don’t think about you at all, if you keep quiet.
我听说你和匡特雷尔那些个边境渣滓混在一起。
I was told that you rode with Quantrell and that border trash.
我还听说其实匡特雷尔和他的手下根本就不是士兵而是杀人犯。
I heard Quantrell and his men weren’t soldiers but murdering thieves.
我也听到了类似的话。
I heard the same thing.
我听说他们残害妇女儿童。
I heard they murdered women and children.
我也听说了,但那是个该死的谎言。
I heard that, too, and it’s a damn lie.
战时你是哪一派的?
What outfit were you with during the war?
在什里夫波特,和柯比·史密斯一起。– 我是问你支持哪一方?
Shreveport, with Kirby Smith. – I mean what side were you on?
我跟从柯比·史密斯将军服役。
I served with General Kirby Smith.
很光荣嘛。
I don’t have to hang my head when I say it.
你存心让我在她这出丑呗。
Go ahead, make me look foolish in her eyes.
你不需要我这样做。
You don’t need me for that.
我不喜欢你说话的方式。
I don’t like the way you make conversation.
我也不喜欢你说匡特雷尔上尉的事。
I don’t like your conversation about Captain Quantrell.
上尉?什么上尉?一群小偷而已?
Captain? Captain of what? A bunch of thieves?
小伙子,若你想找麻烦的,我奉陪。
Young fella, if you’re looking for trouble, I’ll accommodate you.
否则的……就闭嘴。
Otherwise… leave it alone.
我一直在想着佩珀。
I’ve been thinking about Pepper.
也许他会杀了那两个人,这样他就不怕被告密了。
Maybe he’d have murdered those two so they wouldn’t inform on him.
奈德不会这么做的。– 为什么?
Ned wouldn’t do that. – Why not?
他不会无缘无故杀人。
He doesn’t kill people for no reason.
如果他有足够理由,他会动手的。
Had he a reason, he’d kill them.
看来我们有些马匹很疲累了。
Looks like we might joggle some of our passengers off.
他们没事的。
Well, they’re past hurting.
如果你没意见的,我们在这休整一下?
当然,警官,你的负担挺沉的。
– We’ll tie up here, if you don’t mind? – Sure, marshal, you’ve quite a load.
是的…大概是我想要负担的一半了。
Yeah… about half the load I was looking for.
进去见见麦卡莱斯特太太,她会做晚饭的。
Go in and meet Mrs. McAlester, she’ll fix some dinner.
我要和这里的治安官聊聊。 — 我也去。
I want a word with the peace officer. – I’ll go, too.
我让老婆给你们大家弄点吃的。
I’ll tell the wife to fix something for all of you.
你也进去吧,也许麦卡莱斯特太太能治愈你可怜的小手!
You go inside, maybe Mrs. McAlester can fix that poor little hand of yours!
我可怜的小手能坚持住。
My poor little hand can keep.
考伯恩!你来这里做什么?
Rooster! What are you doing here?
布斯! 加斯帕戈 !
Boots! Gaspargo!
你让印第安人在你身后拿着剃刀?
You’re letting that Indian behind you with a blade?
因为我是印第安人, — 印第安皮带上有很多战利品!
‘Cause I’m an Indian. – Plenty of scalps on Indian belts!
如果你在找内德·佩珀,来这你就错了。
If you’re after Ned Pepper, you’re on a cold trail here.
我们还在找另一个人,他脸上有一块黑斑。
We’re looking for another man, too. Black mark on his face.
我们认为他和内德一起跑了,– 这位是德州的警官!
We think he’s running with Ned. – That’s a Texan peace officer!
内德几天前路过这里。
Ned passed through a couple of days ago.
他,汉斯,墨西哥仔鲍勃,只有这三个人前几天在这。
Him, Haze, Mexican Bob. Only those three were seen.
我知道内德藏在哪里。– 你需要100个法警才能抓到他!
I know where Ned’s holed up. – You’ll need 100 marshals to get him!
我叫玛蒂·罗斯,来自耶尔县。
My name is Mattie Ross from Yell County.
那个有黑标记的人杀了我父亲,他叫切尼。
That man with the black mark killed my father. He’s called Chaney.
汉斯和一个年轻人在外面,还有穆尔和昆西。
I got Haze and some youngster outside with Moon and Quincy.
我要你帮我把他们给埋了,我赶时间。
I want you to bury ’em for me. I’m in a hurry.
他们死了吗?
They’re dead?
如果不是的,叫你埋他们作甚!
I wouldn’t want you to bury them if they weren’t!
拉·弗劳尔的手呢?– 加斯帕戈也是个好医生。
What about La Beef’s hand? – Gaspargo’s a good doctor, too.
弄好哈,– 可以等的。
Take care of it. – It can wait.
如果残疾了,那就没什么用了。– 如果不是残疾的,那作用也不大!
You’re no good use if handicapped. – And small use if he ain’t!
先洗一洗。– 为什么?
Wash first. – Why?
你吃饭前不洗的吗? — 可我又不吃他的手。
Don’t you wash before you eat? – Ain’t gonna eat his hand.
你不知道细菌啥的吗? — 哦,不……
Don’t you know about germs? – No…
去洗吧,加斯帕戈。你输了!
Go wash, Gaspargo. You lost!
这是穆尔。
That’s Moon.
昆西。
Quincy.
汉斯!这是他第一次中枪吧!
Haze! First time he ever stayed shot!
我认识这个男孩。比利沃尔什。来自一个良好家庭。
I know this boy. Billy Walsh. Comes from a good family.
那就为良好家庭考虑,留住比利吧,其余的人全埋了。
Hold good Billy for his folks and bury the rest of them.
我会把他们的名字贴出来。如果有人想要的,也可以把它们挖出来。
I’ll post their names. If anyone wants them, they can dig them up.