I’ll return your money at the end of this expedition.
等追捕结束后 我退你钱
Little Blackie and I are ridding back to
等我和小黑回去后
the U.S. Marshal’s office. This is fraud.
要把这些告诉警署 这是欺诈
God damn it!
该死的
What’s going on?
怎么了
This is a business conversation.
我们在谈生意
Is that what you call it?
谈生意
Sounds to me you’re still being hoorawed by a little girl.
看起来 你还是被小姑娘摆布
You say, hoorawed? That was the word.
你说 摆布 没错
There is no hoorawing in it. In my agreement with the Marshal,
没有摆布 我和警官的协议
antedates your. It has the force of law.
比你的早 这有法律效应的
The force of law?
法律效应
This man is a notorious thumper.
他可是个恶名昭彰的混球
He rode by the light of the moon with Quantrill,
他跟着昆特里尔到处抢劫
and Bloody Bill Anderson.
还有血腥比尔·安德森
Them men was patriots, Texas trash.
他们是守法公民 德州佬
They murdered women and children in Lawrence, Kansas.
在堪萨斯州的劳伦斯 欺杀妇孺
That’s a God damn lie!
简直一派胡言
What army was you in, Mister?
你在哪儿服役
I was at Shreveport.
什里夫波特市
First with Kirby Smith, then with…
先是跟着柯比·史密斯 然后
What side was you on?
从属哪个部队
I was in the army of Northern Virginia, Cogburn.
北佛吉尼亚部队 考伯恩
And I don’t have to hang my head when I say it.
我说这个也不会掉脑袋
If you had served with Captain Quantrill.
若你跟的是昆特里尔首长
Captain! Captain Quantrill.
首长 昆特里尔首长
That…indeed.
确实是他
You had best let this go, LeBoeuf. Captain of what?
不说了 勒波义夫 哪个首长
Good, then!
很好
There’re not sufficient dollars in the state of Texas,
德州那边可没这个闲钱给我
to make it worth my while to listen to your opinions.
听你扯屁话
Our agreement is nullified.
我们之间的协议作废了
That suits me.
正合我意
It’s man for himself.
分道扬镳 自力更生吧
Congratulations, Cogburn.
恭喜你 考伯恩
You’ve graduated from marauder to wetnurse.
成功从一个抢劫犯晋升为保姆了
A-dios.
再见
We don’t need him, do we Marshal?
我们不需要他 是吧 警官
We’ll miss his Sharps carbine.
会需要他的夏普斯卡♥宾♥枪♥吧
It’s apt to get lively out here.
这里可不是什么太平之地
Hey!
住手
Go on.
快跑
Stay here, sister.
待在这儿 小妹妹
And I will see Bagby.
我去见巴格比
Has Chaney been here?
切尼来过吗
No.
没有
Coke Hayes was, two days ago.
冦可·海斯两天前来过
Coke runs with Lucky Ned.
冦可和狗屎运奈德一伙的
He bought supplies, with this.
他用这个买♥♥了东西
Well, this is Papa’s gold piece.
是爸爸的金币
Tom Chaney here we come.
汤姆·切尼 等着 我们来了
It is not the world’s only California gold piece.
这金币到处都是
They are rare here.
可在这少见
They are rare.
是很少见
But if it is, Chaney’s,
就算是切尼的
Just as easily mean that Lucky Ned
他加入狗屎运奈德并不是唯一的可能性
and his gang fell upon him, as that he fell in with them.
他也有可能是被狗屎运奈德杀人劫财了
Chaney could be a corpse.
切尼现在可能已经是尸体了
That would be a bitter disappointment, Marshal.
这会令人很失望的 警官
what would we do?
那我们现在该怎么办
Um, pursue them.
继续追捕
Ned’s unfinished business for the marshals anyhow.
不管怎么样 奈德和法警的账还没算清呢
Or when we have him we will also have Chaney.
抓到他 就等于就抓到切尼了
or we can learn the whereabouts of his body.
起码知道切尼尸体所在
Bagby didn’t know which way they went.
巴格比不知道他们往哪儿走了
But now we know they come through here.
但起码 他们从这经过过
They couldn’t be going but one or two ways.
这儿只有一两条路好走
Heading north, towards the Winding Stair Mountains.
一条是朝着旋梯山朝北走
Pushing further west.
另外一条就是朝西走
I suspect north. There is more to rob.
我猜是北边 那容易抢到东西
I bought an eating place.
我买♥♥了家餐馆
Called the “Green frog”.
起名叫”绿蛙”
Started calling myself, Burroughs.
从此我自称伯勒先生
But my drinking picked up.
但我又开始酗酒了
My wife did not care for the company of my river friends.
妻子不喜欢我的那帮狐朋酒友
She decided to go back to her fist husband,
她决定重投前夫的怀抱
a clerk in a hardware store.
一个五金店的店员
That was when she said, “Goodbye Reuben.”
临走前 她和我说 “再见 鲁本”
“A love for decency does not abide in you.”
“你不够得体”
There is a divorced woman talking about decency.
一个离婚女人竟和你谈体面
I told her, “goodbye Nola.”
我告诉她 “再见 诺拉”
“I hope that little nail-selling bastard will make you happy this time.”
“但愿那卖♥♥钉子的混♥蛋♥这次能令你快乐”
She took my boy with her too.
她把我的儿子也带走了
He never cared for me anyway.
反正他也不喜欢我
I guess I did speak awful rough to him.
估计是对他太凶了
I did not mean anything by it.
虽然我不是故意的
You would not want to see a clumsier child than Horace.
谁都不想有比我儿子贺拉斯还笨的小孩吧
I bet he broke forty cups…
他至少打破了四十个杯子
Is it Chaney?
那是切尼吗
I would not recognize the soles of his feet.
单从脚底 可认不出
Well, you’ll have to clamber up and look.
那你爬上去看看
I’m too old and too fat.
我太老太胖了
Now the Green Frog had one billiard table.
现在绿蛙那多了张桌球台
Served ladies and men both, mostly men.
男女都能玩 不过一般都是男的在玩
I tried to run it myself a while,
我曾经想自己经营
but I couldn’t keep good help.
但是总是照料不好
And I never did learn how to buy meat.
我一直没有学会如何买♥♥肉
Is that him?
是他吗
I believe not.
我觉得不是
Well, cut him down.
把他放下来
Why?
为什么
I might know him.
我可能认识
That was when I went out to the staked plain of Texas,
所以我就跑去了德州那火烤之地
and shot buffalo with Vernon Shaftoe
和弗农·沙夫特 还有个叫奥利的
and a Flathead Indian named Olly.
平头族印第安人一起猎水牛
The Mormons…
摩门一家
had run Shaftoe out of Great Salt Lake City,
把沙夫特赶出了盐湖城
but don’t ask me what it was for.
别问我为什么
Call it a misunderstanding and let it go at that.
就当做误会好了
Well, the big shaggies,
那些无赖
about all gone now.
都散了
Damned shame.
真♥他♥妈♥的遗憾
Give three dollars right now for a pickled buffalo tongue.
现在能买♥♥到腌牛舌的话 三美金我也愿意
Why did they hang him so high?
为什么要把他吊这么高
I don’t know.
不知道
Possibly in the belief it would make him more dead.
可能认为这样可以让他死得更惨
I do not know this man.
我不认识这人
You hanged him?
你吊死的吗
Why is he taking the hanged man?
为什么他把这吊死的人带走
Did he know him?
他认识的人吗
He did not.
不认识
But it is a dead body.
好歹是具尸体
Must be worth something in the trade.
可以卖♥♥点钱
Now my second wife, Edna.
再说说我第二任妻子 埃德娜
She had taken a notion she wanted me to be a lawyer.
她一直希望我成为律师
Bought this heavy book called Daniel’s on Negotiable Instruments.
买♥♥了本很厚的《丹尼尔协商技巧》
Set to make me reading it.
让我读
Never could get a grip on it.
我从来没看懂过
I was happy enough to set it aside and leave Texas.
我很开心能够撇开它 离开德州
There ain’t six trees between here and Canada,
我们离加拿大不远了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!