Why, would you move the body, Mr. Cogburn?
为什么你要去搬动尸体 考伯恩先生
Them hogs rooting around they might have moved him.
那些猪崽在附近跑来跑去 可能是它们挪的
I do not remember.
我记不清了
Pencil-neck son of a bitch.
傻♥逼♥娘娘腔
Mr. Cogburn. What do you want?
考伯恩先生 干嘛
I’d like to talk to you a minute.
我想跟您谈一会儿
What is it?
干嘛
They tell me you’re a man with, true grit.
他们告诉我您是真正有勇气和毅力的人
What do you want, girl?
你想干嘛 小女孩
Speak up, it is suppertime.
有话直说 该吃晚饭了
Let me do that.
我来卷吧
Your makings are too dry.
你的烟丝太干了
I am looking for the man who shot and killed my father,
我在找在蒙纳克客栈门口
Frank Ross, in front of the Monarch boarding house.
枪杀了我父亲弗兰克·罗斯的男人
The man’s name is Tom Chaney.
他的名字叫汤姆·切尼
They say he’s over in Indian Territory,
他们说他逃到了印第安人的地盘
and I need somebody to go after him.
我需要有人帮我追捕他
What’s your name, girl.
你叫什么 小女孩
My name is Mattie Ross.
我叫麦蒂·罗斯
We’re located in Yell County.
我们家住在耶尔县
My mother is at home looking after
我妈妈在家里照顾
my sister Victoria and my brother little Frank.
我的妹妹维多利亚和弟弟小弗兰克
You best go home to them.
你最好回家去
They’ll need help with the charges.
他们需要人照顾
There is a fugitive warrant out for Chaney.
切尼身上背着逃犯逮捕令
The government will pay you two dollars
只要你能逮捕他 政♥府♥会奖励你两美元
for bringing him in plus ten cents a mile for each of you.
每追踪一英里额外奖励十美分
On top of that, I will pay you a fifty dollar reward.
在这基础上 我会付给你五十美元的酬劳
What are you?
你到底是谁
What you got there in your poke?
你那兜里装着什么
By God! A Colt Dragoon!
天啊 一把柯尔特龙骑兵左轮
You’re no bigger than a corn nubbin,
你个小不点
what’re you doing with a pistol like that?
拿着这么一把枪要干嘛
Well I intend to kill Tom Chaney with it.
我打算用它杀掉汤姆·切尼
Kill Tom Chaney?
杀掉汤姆·切尼
Well if the law fails to do so.
要是法律没能惩罚他的话
Well that piece will do the job for you.
那这枪能帮上你的忙
If you can find a high stump
不过你最好找好支点
to rest it on and a wall to put behind you.
身后顶着墙[形容这枪后坐力大]
Nobody here knew my father and I’m,
这里没有人认识我父亲
afraid nothing’s is going to be done about Chaney
而且除非我亲自动手
except I do it.
恐怕切尼会逍遥法外
My brother is a child,
我弟弟还是个孩子
and my mother is indecisive and hobbled by grief.
我母亲优柔寡断 又悲痛致残
I don’t believe you have fifty dollars.
我不相信你有五十美元
I have a contract with Colonel Stonehill
我跟斯通希尔上校签了合约
which he will make payment on tomorrow or the next day
他明天或者后天就会支付给我
once a lawyer countersigns.
一旦律师签好了手续
I don’t believe in fairy tales or sermons or stories about money,
我不相信关于金钱的任何事情
baby sister. But thank you for the cigarette.
小妹妹 不过谢谢你帮我卷的烟
Isn’t your Mama expecting you home, dear?
你妈妈还在等你回家吧 宝贝
My business is not yet finished.
我的事还没处理完
Mrs. Floyd, have any rooms opened up?
弗洛依夫人 有新空出来房♥间吗
Grandma Turner… the bed is quite narrow.
特纳奶奶那间 那床太挤了
The second-floor back did open up
后面二楼倒是空出来了
But uh, that gentleman on the porch,
但是 门廊上的那位先生
has just taken it.
刚住进去
Oh but don’t worry yourself, dear.
不过别担心 宝贝
You’re not disturbing Grandma Turner.
你没有打扰到特纳奶奶
My name is LeBoeuf.
我叫勒波义夫
I just come from Yell County.
我刚从耶尔县过来
We have no rodeo clowns in Yell County.
我们耶尔县可没有你这么滑稽的牛仔
A saucy line will not get you far with me.
你这些俏皮话对我是没用的
I saw your mother yesterday morning.
我昨天早上见了你母亲
She said for you to come right on home.
她让你马上回家
What was your business there?
你到那儿去干嘛
This is a man I think you know.
我想你认识这个男人
You called him Tom Chaney.
你管他叫汤姆·切尼
I believe. All the months I’ve been
至少我想是这样 在我追踪他的
tracking him he has used the name, Theron Chelmsford.
这几个月间 他是瑟伦·切尔姆斯福特
John Todd Andersen,
也是约翰·托德·安德森
and others.
还用过别的假名
He dallied in Monroe, Louisiana,
他在路易斯安那州的门罗
and Pine Bluff, Arkansas
和阿肯色州的派恩布拉夫等地游荡
Before turning up at your fathers place.
然后他出现在你父亲那儿
Then why did you not catch him at,
那为什么你没在阿肯色州的派恩布拉夫
Pine Bluff, Arkansas or Monroe, Louisiana?
或者路易斯安那州的门罗抓住他
He is a crafty one.
他特别狡诈
I thought him slow-witted myself.
我还以为他是那种粗人呢
That was his act.
他只是看上去那样而已
It was a good one.
不错的伪装
Are you some kind of law?
你是执法者吗
That’s right
没错
I’m a Texas Ranger.
我是德州骑警
That may make you a big noise in that state
在那个州 你大概还算是个人物
in Arkansas you should mind that your Texas trappings and title
在阿肯色州你该知道德州式的
do not make you an object of fun.
马具和头衔可没什么吸引力
Why have you been ineffectually pursuing Chaney?
你为什么一直徒劳地在追捕切尼
He shot and killed a state senator named Bibbs in Waco, Texas.
他在德州韦科枪杀了州参议员比波斯
Bibbs family have put out a reward.
比波斯家发出了悬赏
How came Chaney to shoot a state senator?
切尼为什么会枪杀州参议员
My understanding is there was an argument about a dog.
我听说与一条狗的纠纷有关
You know anything about the whereabouts of Chaney?
你知道切尼现在何处吗
He is in the Territory, and I
他在印第安人的地盘
hold out little hope for you earning your bounty.
而且我对你拿到赏金不抱多大希望
Why is that? My man will beat you to it.
怎么说 我的人会先你一步拿到赏金
I have hired a deputy marshal, the toughest one they have
我雇了一位最厉害的执行法警
and he is familiar with the Lucky Ned Pepper gang
而且他对据说和切尼联♥系♥密切的
that they say Chaney has tied up with.
奈德·彼伯帮很熟悉
Well, I will throw in with you and your Marshal.
那我就加入你和你的法警吧
No, Marshal Cogburn and I are fine.
不 考伯恩警官和我两个人就够了
It’ll be to our mutual advantage.
我们合作会更有优势
Your Marshal, I presume, knows the Territory.
我想你那位警官会对那地方很熟悉
I know Chaney. It is at least a two-man job taking him alive.
而我熟悉切尼 活捉他至少得两个人
When Chaney is taken he is coming back to Fort Smith to hang.
抓到切尼之后他得被押回史密斯堡受绞刑
I am not having him go
我不能让他因为
to Texas to hang for shooting some senator.
枪杀了什么州议员而被押回德州受绞刑
It is not important where he hangs, it is?
他在哪儿受绞刑并不重要 对不对
It is to me.
对我来说重要
Is it to you?
对你来说呢
It means a great deal of money to me.
对我来说这意味着一大笔钱
It’s been many months’ Work.
我跟了他好几个月
I’m sorry that you are paid piecework not on wages
我很遗憾你的工资并不是按月支付
and that you have been eluded the winter long by a halfwit.
还被这白♥痴♥耍得浪费了一整个冬天
You give out very little sugar with your pronouncements.
你说的话可真是冷酷无情
While I sat there watching
我坐在那儿看着你的时候
you I gave some thought to stealing a kiss
我还在考虑要不要夺取你的初吻
though you are very young and sick and
尽管你还小 又病泱泱的
unattractive to boot, but
而且 对我也没什么吸引力
now I have a mind to give
可现在 我倒是想要
you five or six good licks with my belt.
用皮带好好抽你个五六下
One would be as unpleasant as the other.
两样都不合我口味
If you wet your comb,
我倒是给你个建议吧 把梳子沾湿
it might tame that cowlick.
说不定能把那头乱毛梳平
Mattie, I wish you would leave these matters
麦蒂 我希望你能把这些事务
entirely to me or at the very least
完全移交给我处理 或者至少得
give me the courtesy of
在签那些条约之前
consulting me before entering such agreements.
赏脸咨♥询♥在下的意见
I am not scolding you, but I am saying your head strong ways,
我不是在责怪你 可我不得不说你这种
will lead you into a tight corner one day.
固执的作风总有一天将使你走进死胡同