Good evening.
晚上好
If you would like to sleep in a coffin, It would be all right.
如果你想睡在棺材里 请便吧
How much are you paying for cotton?
棉花你多少钱收
Nine and a half, for low and middlin’ and ten for ordinary.
九分五收中低档次的 十分收优质的
We got most of ours out early.
我门很早就把货出手了
I sold to the Wizten brothers in Little Rock
我卖♥♥给了小岩城的维兹绅兄弟
for eleven cents.
价格是十一分
Then I suggest you take the balance of it to the Witzen brothers.
那你应该把剩下的也卖♥♥给他们啊
We take the balance to Witzen.
我们的确吧剩下的卖♥♥了
We got ten and a half.
十分五的价格
Why’d you come here to tell me this?
你为什么要来告诉我这些呢
I thought we might shop around up here next year.
我们本来打算明年来这里做生意的
But I guess we are doing alright in Little Rock.
这么看来 我们在小岩城那边就好了
I’m Mattie Ross.
我是麦蒂·罗斯
Daughter of Frank Ross.
弗兰克·罗斯是我父亲
Aw, tragic thing.
真是可怜啊
May I say, your father impressed me.
我想说 你的父亲令我印象深刻
With his manly qualities.
他的人品很好
He was a close trader, but he acted a gentleman.
他做商人分文必争 却还是个绅士
My propose was to sell those ponies back to you,
我的提议是将我父亲买♥♥下的小马驹
that my father brought.
再卖♥♥还给你
Well that I fear, is out of the question.
我想这恐怕是不行
I will see that they are shipped to you,
我保证会给你送到的
at my earliest convenience.
而且会尽快
We don’t want the ponies now, we don’t need them.
我们现在不想要也不需要小马驹了
Well that hardly concerns me.
我想这与我无关吧
Your father brought the ponies, and paid for them.
你父亲买♥♥下它们 并且付钱了
And there is an end to it. I have the bill of sale.
我们两清了 我有收据的
And I want 300 dollars
那我要三百块的补助
for Papa’s saddle horse that was stolen from your stable.
因为我父亲的马是在你的马棚失窃的
You’ll have to take that up with the man who stole the horse.
你应该找偷马的人去讨账
Tom Chaney stole the horse
汤姆·切尼偷走了
while it was in your care.
你应该负责保管好的马
You were responsible.
你要对此负责
Yeah, I admire your sand.
我很钦佩你的不懈努力
But I believe you’ll find I’m not liable for such claims.
但是你应该知道 我对此是不负责任的
You were the custodian.
你是保管人
If you were a bank and were robbed.
如果你是开银行的而银行被抢劫了
You could not simply tell your depositors to go hang.
你不能就告诉储户们顺其自然吧
I do not entertain hypotheticals.
别跟我打比方
The world as it is is vexing enough.
世道本来就已经很烦人了
Secondly your evaluation of the horse is high.
其次 你对马的估价过高了
By about two hundred dollars. How old are you?
你至少高估了两百块 你多大了
If anything, my prices is low.
我跟你说 我的估价绝对是低价
My Judy was a fine racing mare.
茱迪是一匹优质的赛马种马
I’ve seen her
我看到她
jump a eight-rail fence with a heavy rider.
能驮着一个很重的骑手跳过八栅栅栏
I am fourteen. Oh, well, it’s all very interesting.
我十四岁 是吗 真有意思
The ponies are yours, take them.
小马驹是你们的了 你得收下
Your father horse was stolen by a murderous criminal.
你父亲的马是被杀人犯偷走的
I have provided reasonable protection
鉴于我们之间的默示协议
for the creature as per our implicit agreement.
我已经为它做了足够的保护措施
My watchmen had his teeth knocked out,
我的马厩管♥理♥员♥牙齿都被打掉了
and can take only soup.
他现在只能喝汤了
That would take it to law.
那我们法庭上见吧
You have no case.
你没有理由起诉我
Lawyer J. Noble Daggett of Dardanelle, Arkansas may think otherwise.
阿肯色州洁特律师也许不会同意
As might a jury.
陪审团估计也不会同意你的观点
Petitioned by a widow and three small children.
一个寡妇和三个孩子的诉状胜算不会小
I will pay two hundred dollars
我会往你父亲的账户里
to your fathers estate.
打两百美元
When I have in my hand a letter from your lawyer,
前提条件是 我要收到你律师的文件
absolving me of all liability from the beginning of the world to date.
免除我到今天为止的一切责任
I’ll take two hundred dollars for Judy,
茱迪的价格是两百块
plus one hundred for the ponies.
小马驹是一百块
And twenty five dollars
另有二十五块
for the grey horse that Tom Chaney left.
是那匹汤姆·切尼留下的灰马
He was easily worth forty.
市场上很容易就能四十块出手的
That is three hundred and twenty-five dollars total.
那一共是三百二十五块
The ponies have no part in it. I will not buy them.
小马驹不算在内 我是不会买♥♥的
Then the price for Judy is three hundred and twenty-five dollars.
那茱迪的价格就是三百二十五块
I would not pay three hundred and twenty-five dollars for winged Pegasus.
就算是飞马我也不会出这么多钱的
As for the grey horse, it does not belong to you.
还有 那匹灰马根本就不是你的
The grey horse was lent to Tom Chaney by my father.
那匹马是我父亲借给汤姆·切尼的
Chaney only had the use of him.
切尼只是借用而已
I would pay two hundred and twenty five dollars.
我会付给你二百二十五块
And keep the grey horse.
但我要留着那匹灰马
And I want the ponies.
另外还有小马驹我也收下
I cannot accept that.
我不接受
There will be no settlement after I leave this office
我离开这里之后就不会有和解了
and it will go to law. All right, this is my last offer.
我们法庭上见 好吧 我让步
Two hundred and fifty dollars.
两百五十块
For that I get the release, previously discussed.
前提是我拿到先前说的免责文件
And I keep your father’s saddle.
还有你父亲的马鞍
The grey horse is not yours to sell.
灰马不由得你来卖♥♥
The saddle is not for sale. I will keep it.
那马鞍是无价的 我要留着它
Lawyer Dagget will prove ownership of the grey horse.
洁特律师会证明那匹灰马的归属权
He will come after you with a writ of replevin.
他会发函向你追缴非法强占财产的
What? All right, now look, listen very carefully.
什么 好吧 听好了
As I will not bargain further.
我不会再让步了
I’ll will take the ponies back,
我要回小马驹
and the grey horse, which is mine.
那匹灰马本来就是我的
And settle…
妥协价是…
For three hundred dollars. Now you must take that or leave it.
三百美元 就这么说定了
And I do not much care which it is.
我豁出去了
Lawyer Daggett would not wish me to
杰特律师是不会让我
consider anything under three hundred and twenty-five dollars.
接受任何低于三百二十五块的补偿的
But I will settle for three hundred and twenty.
但是我想三百二十块就够了
If I am given twenty in advance.
如果那二十块是提前支付的话
Now here’s what I have to say about that saddle.
好了 现在我们再说说那个马鞍
Frank Ross’s daughter.
弗兰克·罗斯的女儿吗
Oh, poor child.
哦 可怜的孩子
Are you are gonna staying with us,
你是准备在这儿呆一阵子
or you hurrying back home to your Mama?
还是你马上就回家看你妈妈呢
I’ll stay here, if you can have me.
我想留在这儿 如果方便的话
I just spend last night at the undertakers.
我昨晚在收敛师那儿过的夜
In the company of three corpses.
陪着三具尸体
I felt like Ezekiel.
我觉得我像是以西结
In valley of the dry bones.
在死亡谷中
Then, God bless you.
上帝保佑你
Now that you’ll be rooming with, Grandma Turner.
你和祖母特纳睡在一个房♥间
We had to double up,
我们得挤一挤了
what with all the people in town come to see the hanging.
因为许多人都前来看绞刑
This was in your poor father’s room.
这些是你父亲屋中的遗物
That is everything.
这就是所有的东西了
There are no light fingers in this house.
这栋房♥子里没有小偷的
If you need something for to tote the gun around?
如果你需要什么来装那把枪
I can give you an empty flour sack for a nickel.
我可以给你一个面粉袋 只要五分钱
…about what he found up here,
他在那儿发现了什么
and we’re close enough to deputy Marshal Potter
我们离波特警官很近
that we thought we’d better ride over ourselves and investigate.
所以我们就靠近那里去调查了
And what did you see when you arrived?
那么你看到什么了
A woman, was out in the yard.
一个女人 在院子那里
Dead with blow flies on her face.
她死了 脸上都是苍蝇
The old man was inside
一个老人在院子里面
with his breast opened by a scatter-gun
他的胸脯被霰弹枪打开花了
and his feet burned.
他的脚被烧焦了
He was still alive, but just was.
他那时候还活着 但也只剩一口气了
Said it was them two Wharton boys had done it.
他说是沃顿兄弟俩干的
Rode up, drunk. Objection.
他们聚在一起 喝醉了 反对

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!