Dale Murphy, Tom Glavine, Chipper Jones.
还有好多
The list goes on.
皮特 恕我直言
With all due respect, Pete,
但游戏规则已经变了
the game’s changed.
规模比以前大多了 甚至全球化了
It’s so much bigger now. It’s global.
得找人跟上时代的步伐
Need somebody to keep up with the times.
因为格斯连打字机都不会弄
Cuz Gus couldn’t even turn on a typewriter,
更别提电脑了
let alone a computer.
听着 虽然我们都不愿这样想
Look, we all hate to think it,
但他也该退居幕后了
but he may be ready for pasture.
-他合约什么时候到期 -还有3个月
– When’s his contract up? – Three months.
选择权在我们这里
We carry the option.
看在老天的份上 这算什么意思
For chris sakes, what is this?
格斯·罗贝尔能胜任的
Gus Lobel can do the job.
要是我看走眼了 我会负全责
If he proves me wrong, I’ll take full responsibility.
在那之前 还是先担心球场上的球员吧
Until then, let’s just worry about the guys on the field.
妈的
Shit.
这车♥库♥难道是霍比特人设计的吗
Bunch of goddamn midgets design this garage?
5号♥ 别磨叽 快把他打出局
Come on, number five. Strike him out, boy.
比利·克拉克没什么好怕的
Billy Clark ain’t got nothing on you, baby.
那个比利·克拉克就是个废物
That Billy Clark is a bum.
今年就没见他击中过球
We haven’t seen him hit a baseball all year.
比利 加油
Come on, Billy.
比利 球要来了 伙计 球要来了
Here it comes, Billy. Here it comes, baby. Go, baby.
比赛结束 总分如下
And that’ll do it, with the final score.
战悚者队5分 勇敢者队2分
lntimidators 5, Braves 2.
伙计们 祝你们下次好运吧
Better luck next time, boys.
他们多久就会解雇我
How long before they release me?
你现在只是状态下滑 没事的
You’re just in a slump. No big deal.
我现在是迷茫
I’m in a coma.
听着 刚签你的时候 你击球很棒
Yeah. Look, when I first signed you up, you were hitting great.
当时你是最快的击球手
You were the quickest bat alive.
我不清楚自己是怎么了
I don’t know what my problem is.
我只是没法像往常那样集中注意力
I just can’t concentrate like I should.
你家里怎样了 还住在亚克朗市吗
What about your family? They still over in Akron?
是啊 在市郊
Yeah. Just outside.
你最后一次见他们是什么时候
When was the last time you saw them?
很久以前了
It’s been a while.
他们会开车来探望我
They would make the drive down,
但现在手头有点紧
but, uh, money’s just kind of tight right now.
你只要负责打好球
You worry about baseball.
我负责把你父母接来好让你们相见
I’ll take care of getting your parents here so you can see them.
没问题的
No problem.
格斯 谢了
Thanks, Gus.
格斯 在家吗
Gus, you home?
才早上9点 不待在家还能在哪
It’s 9 o’clock in the morning, where the hell else would l be?
那我估计能进屋吧
I guess that means I can come in.
少废话 进来吧
Yeah, come on in.
早餐马上就到
Breakfast will be here in a minute.

Have a seat.
忙着吗
Busy?
是啊 在做调查
Yeah. Just doing my homework, that’s all.
格斯 你有没有想过也许很久以后
Gus, did you ever think in a million years
计算机软件会介入球探工作吗
computers would be a part of this game?
电脑吗
Computers?
任何用电脑的人对这行业屁都不懂
Anybody uses computers doesn’t know a damn thing about this game.
只要你想
If you wanted to,
就可以进入任意一所高中或大学的花名册
you could access any high school or college roster
随时都能把球手资料调出来
pull the stats on any player any time.
这样就不用费时间看这些报纸了
You wouldn’t have to waste your time with all these papers.
我没浪费时间 这么做很享受
I’m not wasting my time. I enjoy doing this.
计算机配上特制的程序软件
You know, they got a special program
可以计算球手的状态
now that can calculate a player’s stats…
基于选手的比赛数据
and based on the competition he’s seen…
辨析这位球手
tell you whether or not
是否足以晋升下个级别 你信吗
he’s ready for the next level. You believe that?
这程序还能分♥析♥点啥
Yeah, what else does it tell you?
告诉你什么时候屁♥股♥痒吗
When to scratch your ass?
我也不喜欢这样做
I don’t like them either,
但现在这已经介入球探行业了
but they’re part of the business now.
皮特 好球探是棒球行业的灵魂
Pete, scouts, good scouts, are the heart of this game.
球探决定谁上阵
They decide who’s gonna play,
要是走运还能决定行业的游戏规则
if they’re lucky they decide how it’s gonna be played.
但电脑 那玩意儿可没法
But a computer, that can’t
分辨一个孩子是否有天赋
tell if a kid’s got instincts or not
能否把球打给截球手
or if he can hit a cut-off man,
能否安打击过击跑员
or hit behind the runner,
能否透过观察发现这孩子
or look into a kid’s face
可以赢得四连冠再挺过四连败
that’s just gone oh-for-four
也不知道这孩子能否
and know if he’s gonna
若无其事地重返赛场
be able to come back like nothing’s happened.
电脑无法告诉你这些细节
No, a computer can’t tell you all that crap,
直说吧 电脑不行
I’ll tell you. No.
那你觉得伯·简德利怎样
What do you think about Bo Gentry?
我也不知道 单从报纸上看很不错
I don’t know. He looks pretty good on paper.
我要去会会他 瞧瞧这人行不行
I’ll take a look at him, see if he can play.
要是让红袜队占到先机…
If the Red Sox pass with their first pick…
我知道菲利普很想签下这名选手
I know Phillip really wants to take him.
菲利普
Phillip.
让他自己查电脑
Well, tell him to check his computer.
我们需要的是投球手
What we need is a pitcher.
说不定他能在网上找着
Maybe, he can find one on his interweb.
这孩子如今可是炙手可热
Spotlight’s really on this kid.
早餐来了
Well, there’s breakfast.
罗贝尔先生 早上好
Morning, Mr. Lobel.
这是您点的加拿大培根辣椒双份鳀鱼披萨
Got your Canadian bacon, extra anchovies, chili peppers.
-这顿早餐可真是值了 丹尼 -没错 量很足
– Wow, that’s a work of art, Danny. – Yeah, it’s gross.
-早报给您带来了 -谢了
– And I got your newspapers. – Oh, thanks.

Right here.
-钱给你 -谢谢
– There you go. – Thank you.
-不用找了 -这…
– Keep that. – Uh…
罗贝尔先生 您是有意给我50元吗
Mr. Lobel, did you mean to give me 50?
不不不 我只是…试探你一下
No, no, I was just… I was just testing you.

Here.
给你20元 还有5元不用找了
Here’s a 20 for the pizza and keep the five for yourself.
又搞些新花样了 我怎么不知道啊
Some new kind of style I’m not up on?
这叫风水 你没听说过吗
That’s Fang-shmay. Don’t you know anything?
你看啥
What you looking at?
格斯 你没事吧
Gus, are you all right?
没事 好着呢
Yeah, fine.
咱俩可是老交情了
We go back a lone time.
要是出了问题 你得告诉我 好吗
If something were wrong, you’d tell me, wouldn’t you?
当然
Course.
要是你出于任何原因不再胜任工作
Because if for any reason, you’re not up to it,
我们能从夏洛特市调派人手
we could send somebody from Charlotte.
这样也许能为你减轻些负担
Might be easier on you.
我不用减负
I don’t need easier.
格斯 有没想过合约到期后作何打算
Gus, have you thought about what you might do when your contract’s up?
当然 提价后再签次合约
Sure. Sign another one for more money.
你想过要退休吗
You ever think about retirement?
这算哪档子事
What’s this all about?
现在行情压力很大
There’s just a lot of pressure right now.
菲利普很得文斯的恩宠 一直给他出谋划策
Phillip has Vince’s ear. Pumping him full of ideas.
跟他说我们需要输入新鲜血液
Telling him we need new blood.
得是年轻人
Young new blood.
菲利普一点球探的意识也没有
Yeah. Phillip doesn’t have a lick of sense,
大家早晚会发现这点的
they’re gonna find that out sooner or later.
大家担心比利·克拉克
They’re worried about Billy Clark.
别担心比利
Don’t worry about Billy.
他能击球 只是需要见见老妈 仅此而已
He can hit. He just needs to see his mama, that’s all.
我实际上刚提交了份东西

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!