不 我成绩不好 所以妈妈不让
No, ma’am. Never had the grades to suit my mom.
化学总是拿B
Kept getting B’s in Chemistry.
感谢化学
Well, thank God for Chemistry.
你能在这儿等我一会儿吗
You gonna be around here for a bit?
好的 小姐
Yes, ma’am.
在这儿等着 明白吗
Okay. Wait here, all right?
米琪 我不能这样 这不是公开选拔
Mickey, I just can’t do it. This isn’t an open tryout.
我看过他打球 我保证 他是个天才
I’ve seen him. I swear to you, he’s the real thing.
这孩子没有相关的书面材料
There’s no paperwork on the kid.
我不能让他随便上场投球
I just can’t parade him out on the field and let him pitch.
我是为了你才来这儿的 皮特
I’m here because of you, Pete,
我才不管你有什么难处
okay, so I don’t care what you have to do.
你必须做到 这是你欠我的
You gotta make this happen, okay? You owe me.
你可以提前退休了 你应经力不从心了
Well, you can take an early retirement, collect disability.
拿着退休金去颐养天年吧
With the pension, you should be comfortable.
够了 我不需要颐养天年
Save it. Being comfortable’s overrated.
感谢上帝 幸亏我们把马特派去了
Thank God we sent Matt down there
不然我们就要失去这个孩子了
or we would have missed on this kid.
那个孩子接不住曲线球
That kid can’t hit a curve.
格斯 你的情况我们大家都清楚
Gus, now that we’re all aware of your condition…
我真的很好奇 你是怎么知道的
I can’t help but ask, how could you tell?
我能听出来
I heard it.
你能听出来
You heard it?
-对 米琪也看到了 -米琪看到了
– That’s right. And Mickey saw it. – And Mickey saw it.
-真是越来越有趣了 -她确实看到了
– This is getting interesting. – Damn right she saw it.
让我来理一下头绪
Let me just get this straight.
你是说今年的选秀要依靠你的耳朵
This year’s pick was gonna be based on what you heard…
和你的女儿 一个小女孩的眼睛吗
and what your daughter, a girl, saw?
我们得去球场上看看
We need to go down to the field.
米琪有东西要给我们看
Mickey’s brought us something we gotta see.
是吗 我已经迫不及待了
Oh, boy, I can’t wait to see what Mickey brought us.
-你给我当心点儿 -咱们走
– Hey, you watch yourself. – Let’s go.
看 他来了
Hey, here he comes.
你好 伯 感觉如何
Hey, Bo, how about a shot?
看这儿
Over here.
还好吗 很好
Everything okay? Ah, nice.
-怎么样 -表演时间到
– Hey, how’s it going? – Show’s about to start.
好极了 加油 孩子
Great. Go for it, kid.
很好
Oh, yeah.
好了 给他们瞧瞧
All right, let’s show them what you got.
小子 看 多棒的挥球动作
Oh, boy. He’s got a nice swing.
去吧
You got this.
你想干什么啊
What the hell’s going on?
-我也听到了 -什么
– I heard it. – What?
那种纯粹的声音 我听到了
The pure sound, I heard it.
这是谁啊 我们可没那么多闲功夫
Come on. What is this? We don’t have all day.
先生们 这位是里戈韦托·桑切斯
Gentlemen, this is Rigoberto Sanchez.
花生仔
Peanut Boy?
狗♥娘♥养♥的
Son of a bitch.
你们开什么玩笑
Is this a joke?
你们要我在这小子身上浪费时间吗
Y’all gonna waste my time on him?
够了 该看的我已经看到了
That’s it. I’ve seen all I need to see.
你给我老老实实待在那儿
Just hold your ass right there.
好吧 你会死得很难看的
All right. This is gonna be ugly.
先投个快球
Start with the fastball.
你没事吧
You all right?
没事 小姐
Yes, ma’am.
紧张吗
Nervous?
不 一场游戏而已
No, ma’am. It’s just a game.
没错 里戈 一场游戏而已
You’re right, Rigo. It’s just a game.
他看起来就像山迪·柯法斯
He looks like Sandy Koufax.
对 还有史提夫·卡尔顿和兰迪·强森
Yep, combined with Steve Carlton and Randy Johnson.
这还不是最厉害的
And that’s not even his best pitch.
给他来个曲线球
Show him a curve.
没有人发现吗
Nobody saw this?
简德利确实有潜力 但不是最佳人选
Gentry’s got potential, but using our number one pick?
天啊
Jesus Christ.
简德利知道球要来了 还是接不住
Gentry knows it’s coming, he still can’t hit it.
该死的
Shit!
天啊 这个孩子是谁啊
Jesus Christ, who is this kid?
你现在还有什么话说 蠢货
What do you say now, jackass?
这就是著名的曲线难题
That’s known as trouble with the curve.
毫无疑问
Well, there’s no doubt that
我们应该签下里戈·桑切斯
Rigo Sanchez should be offered a contract.
你这么想吗
You think? Heh.
他需要一个代理人
And he’s gonna need an agent.
他有代理人
He’s got one.
米琪
Mickey.
她是一名出色的律师
She’s a damn good lawyer
我想她能搞定那些书面文件
and I’m sure she can whip up some papers…
-让那小伙子赚点儿钱 -该死
– make that young man some money. – Shit.
当然 她也可以接替你的工作
Or she could have your job…
因为你♥他♥妈♥的根本就不知道什么是棒球
because you sure as hell don’t know anything about the game.
如果不是我这儿需要帮忙
And if I’d have been any help,
她早就有了自己的俱乐部了
she’d be managing her own club now…
因为她比这个房♥间里的
because she knows more
任何人都要了解棒球
about baseball than anyone in this room.
没关系的 爸爸
It’s okay, Dad.
不 棒球早已融入了我和你的血脉里
No. It’s in my blood and it’s in your blood too.
我希望你快乐 这就足够了
I want you to be happy, that’s all.
这是昨晚比赛的报告
Here’s the reports from last night’s game.
那你呢 格斯
What about you, Gus?
你的合约马上就要到期了 想续约吗
Your contract’s gonna be up. Are you interested in an extension?
让我考虑一下
I’ll think about that.
你有什么要求尽管提
Anything you want. You name it.
我说了 让我考虑一下
I said, I’ll think about it.
真令人难以置信
Unbelievable.
比利·克拉克又是5打5安打
Billy Clark went five-for-five again.
见过他父母后 他打击率都快400了
He’s been hitting close to 400 since his folks came to visit him.
可把他父母接来 我们经费超支了多少
How much did it cost this organization to put his parents up?
这才是关键
That’s what I want to know.
菲利普
Phillip…
你被解雇了
you’re fired.
文斯 等等 等等 对不起
Vince, wait a… wait a sec. I’m sorry.
我知道我在简德利身上看走眼了
I know l missed with Gentry
真的很抱歉 可现实就是如此
and I’m sorry about that, but this is real life.
-我们要去吃午餐了 -我快饿死了
– We’re gonna go get a little lunch. – Yeah, I’m starving.
我会去学校看比赛 我很喜欢高中生活
I’ll go to high school games. I like high school.
我是说 我刚买♥♥了个小船
I mean, I just bought a boat.
我知道一家私立学校 我带你去钓鱼吧
I’ve got private school. I’ll take you fishing.
够了
Well…
我想 也许我该改变一下做事方式
I think maybe, maybe I could change the way I do things.
你已经在改了
You already have.
他们现在还想怎么样
What would they want now?
陶德那边儿情况不太妙
Hmm. Todd’s presentation didn’t go so well,
所以他们想要
so they’re trying to…
让我继续去当合作人
push my, uh, partnership forward.
-那你的想法呢 -让我考虑一下
– So, what are you gonna do? -I’ll think about it.
-我是说 -我说了 让我考虑一下
– No, I mean… – I said, I’ll think about it.
谢谢
Thank you.
1977年的世界大赛
’77 World Series…
瑞吉在一场比赛中拿到了3次本垒打
Reggie hits three homers in one game.
没错
Yeah.
请说出那3次本垒打的投手名字
Name the pitchers he took deep.
你来就是为了问我这个吗
You came all this way to ask me that?
是的
Yeah.
查理·霍夫 伊莱亚斯·索萨 伯特·霍顿
Charlie Hough, Elias Sosa, Burt Hooton.
怎么样 就这些吗
Is that it? Is that all you got?

No.
不止这些
I got a lot more than that.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!