现在可不是脱身的时候
This is a bad time to walk away now.
让开
Move.

No.
让开
Move!
让他走吧
Let him go.
好吧
Well…
我想我真的该退休了
I guess now I go into a life of retirement
我为他们做了多少贡献
for all the good service I’ve given them.
可他们却宁可轻信别人
Always use another watch.
我早该发现的
I should’ve seen it earlier.
不 这不是你的错
No, it wasn’t your fault.
菲利普·桑德森派人来这儿
Phillip Sanderson sent that guy up here
就是为了防止我坏了他的好事
to make sure I didn’t screw it all up.
好吧 现在才是真正地坏事了
Well, things are definitely screwed up.
那我们现在该怎么办
So, what do we do now?
回家
Go home.
我的职业生涯即将结束
Me, to a career ending, and you,
而你作为合作人的职业生涯才刚刚开始
to a career that’s just starting as a partner.
恐怕不是
I don’t think so.
什么
What?
这里更需要我 所以我…
It was more important that I be here. It’s, I…
-不 -不 没关系的
– No. – No, it’s all right.
-不 -我会处理好的
– No. – No, I’ll deal with it.

No.
要是我管好自己的事 你就不会…
God, I worked my ass off so you could have more, and you….
你要放弃你的职业过我这样的垃圾生活吗
You’re gonna throw it away on coming to a garbage can like this?
-这样的生活不适合… -女孩子
– That’s no life for a… – For a girl.
这样的生活不适合我的孩子
That’s no life for a kid of mine.
带着行李
Living out of suitcases and
在全国各地的棒球场上风餐露宿
visiting every shit-ball town in the area.
我孩子的生活不该是这样的
That’s not what I wanted for my kid.
你根本没有考虑过我的想法
Well, I guess what I wanted didn’t matter.
-你根本不喜欢棒球 -我当然喜欢
– You don’t even like baseball. – I love baseball.
你知道我喜欢棒球 我从未想过当律师
You know I love it. I never wanted to be a lawyer.
我去当律师只是为了让你高兴
I did that for you so that you would be happy with me…
为了让你满意
and that you would approve of me
让你同意我留在你身边
and then maybe you’d keep me around.
我只是做了我认为正确的事
I did what I felt was right.
我不想让你的人生沦落到如此平庸
I just didn’t want you to have life in the cheap seats.
一点儿也不平庸
They weren’t the cheap seats.
和爸爸一起看棒球的每一分钟
Spending every waking moment with my dad watching baseball…
吃着毫无营养的垃圾食物
eating food that was no good for me.
打台球 熬夜
Playing pool, staying up too late,
这些都是我度过的最美好的时光
those were the best seats in the house…
直到你把我送走
until you sent me away.
我做这一切都是为了你好
Well, I was just doing the best I know how.
只有懦夫才会丢下自己的孩子
Only a coward leaves their kid.
你根本就什么都不知道
You don’t know half of what you think you do.
好啊 那你告诉我啊
Okay, then tell me the other half.
该死的 爸爸 告诉我
God damn it, Dad, talk to me.
爸爸
Dad…
告诉我
talk to me.
求求你了
Please.
还记得以前吗 在阿♥拉♥巴马州的莫比亚
You remember years ago, down in Mobile, Alabama…
那里有一匹在场上奔驰的骏马
they had the horse running around the field.
是啊
Yeah.
他们总把那匹马养在
They used to keep that horse
候补球员区大门外面的活动房♥里
in a trailer down outside the bullpen gate.
那时 我在和一个签约的球员谈话
Anyway, I was talking to this kid I had signed,
告诉他大联盟球队里没有他的位置
telling him there’s no place for him in the big leagues.
突然
And all of a sudden,
我意识到你不在了 我到处都找不到你
I realized you were gone and I couldn’t find you.
我吓坏了
I was panicking.
我看到了一间小房♥子
I saw this shack there.
我走了过去
I went….
走进去发现
I went over and looked in…
发现一个家伙和你在一起
and there you were with this guy.
他把手放在你的衬衣下面
He had his hand down the back of your shirt.
我不记得了
I don’t remember that.
你怎么可能记得 那时你才6岁
Yeah. How could you? You were only 6 years old.
我叫你出去 然后
I sent you out, and then
我就狠狠地揍了那个混♥蛋♥
I started beating the shit out of this guy.
我把他的脑袋用力撞墙
I smashed his head against the wall
随便拿起周围的东西狠狠揍他
and I started hitting him with everything I had.
我死死地掐着他的脖子
I strangled his ass.
最后他没声响了
Finally, he passed out.
我的天啊 爸爸
Oh, my gosh, Dad.
我一直在等警♥察♥来
I kept waiting for the police
等警♥察♥来逮捕我 但他们没有
to come and arrest me, but they never did.
就是那时 我把你送到了你叔叔家
That’s when I sent you to your aunt and uncle’s.
我想他们会好好照顾你的
I thought they’d take care of you.
我觉得我对不起你
I thought I’d failed you.
你妈妈在一年前刚刚去世
Your mother had died a year before and I was a mess.
你要理解我
You have to understand that.
你难道不知道吗
Can’t you understand that
送我离开并不是在保护我
you sending me away wasn’t protecting me…
而是在拒绝我
it was rejecting me.
我一直在努力
I’ve been working hard to
和所有人保持距离 避免再次受到伤害
not let anyone else get close enough to do that again.
可一个人的感觉真的糟透了
And being alone really sucks.
好了
Well…
你不要再纠缠这个问题了
you might just have to
让我松口气成吗 因为…
give me a little slack on that, because…
我根本无力改变
I just can’t change.
你连试都没试过
You never tried.
我只是一个行将就木的糟老头
I’m just a broken-down old man.
你应该离我远点儿
And you ought to get as far away from me as you can.
你难道做不到吗
Can’t you just do that?

Yeah.
我当然能做到
I can do that.
格瑞丝
Grace?
你知道他去哪儿了吗
Do you know where he is?
他离开了 今天早上就退房♥离开了
Oh, he left. Checked out early this morning.
谢谢
Thanks.
他还好吧
Is he all right?
他说想坐公共汽车回来
He said he wanted to take the bus.
你们俩怎么了
What happened with you two?
没什么
Nothing.
我很好
It’s all good.
谢谢你 皮特
Thanks, Pete.
我不行了
I gotta stop.
你们好 我是米琪
Hi. I’m Mickey.
我一直在看 真精彩
I’ve been watching, it’s really impressive.
谢谢
Thank you.
不用客气 我可以试试吗
You’re welcome. Mind if I try?
我想我能行的
I can handle it, I think.
你疯了吗
Are you crazy?
也许吧
Probably.
可以借我用一下你的手套吗
Can I borrow your glove?
-来个快球 -好的
– Throw me that fastball. – Okay.
这是你最喜欢的投法吗
Is that your favorite pitch?
什么
Sorry?
能投曲线球吗
Can you throw a curve?

Yes.
-来一个看看 -好的
– Show me. – Okay.
天啊
Oh, my God.
再来一次
Do it again.
你叫什么名字
What’s your name?
里戈韦托 他们都叫我里戈
Rigoberto. They call me Rigo.
里戈 你在校队里打球吗
Rigo. You play in school, Rigo?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!