May I present Monsieur La Valle. Madame Viton,
杜拉克小姐,勒·格兰德先生
Mademoiselle Du Lac, Monsieur Le Grand.
幸会,先生
A pleasure, monsieur.
– 布歇夫人,费里巴先生 – 你好
– Madame Boucher, Monsieur Filiba. – How do you do?
– 你好 – 拉瓦尔先生
– How do you do? – Monsieur La Valle.
拉瓦尔先生,克莱蒙特女士
Monsieur La Valle. Lady Claremont.
那就是那个拉瓦尔先生
That’s that Monsieur La Valle.
拉瓦尔?谁是拉瓦尔先生?
La Valle? Who is Monsieur La Valle?
我不知道,她说他是她的秘书
I don’t know. She says he’s her secretary.
哦…这样啊
Oh? So.
他也说是她的秘书
And he says he’s her secretary.
也许我错了,也许他真是她的秘书
Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe he is her secretary.
– 请原谅 – 当然
– Excuse me. – Certainly.
对不起,先生
Pardon me, monsieur
我感觉咱们以前在哪儿见过
but I have the feeling we’ve met somewhere before.
抱歉,我好像没什么印象
Sorry. I don’t seem to recall the occasion.
– 不,恐怕… – 哦,我一定是弄错了
– No, I’m afraid… – Oh, I must be mistaken.
请您原谅
I beg your pardon.
那个人从未见过我,他自己知道
That man never met me, and he knows it.
不过是想社交一下
Trying to make social connections.
吉隆先生,我很忙,非得现在被这些文件打扰吗?
Monsieur Giron, I’m so busy. Must I be bothered with all those papers now?
抱歉,夫人…
I’m sorry, madame…
但还有些具体的事您应该亲自料理
but there are still certain matters which you should attend to yourself.
我个人是不会介意将它们提交给…给…
And I personally would not care to refer them to, uh…
给…
to, uh…
拉瓦尔先生?
Monsieur La Valle?
夫人,我享有您家族的信任已超过40年
Madame, I have enjoyed the confidence of your family for more than 40 years.
我是你丈夫的同窗好友
I was a school friend of your husband’s.
我知道
I know.
夫人,我能否问您,这位拉瓦尔先生是谁?
Madame, may I ask you, who is this Monsieur La Valle?
他从哪儿来的?他是什么人?
Where does he come from? What is he?
他是我的秘书
He’s my secretary.
我希望这样能回答您所有的问题,吉隆先生
I hope that answers all your questions, Mr. Giron.
我想你知道,巴黎是如何谈论法科尼娅伯爵夫人…
I suppose you know what Paris is saying about Countess Falconier…
和她的司机的?
and her chauffeur?
雅克
Jacques.
是,夫人
Yes, madame?
请拉瓦尔先生进来一会儿
Ask Monsieur La Valle to come in for a moment, please.
好了,请你,请你冷静
Now, please. Please calm yourself.
我倒想,我…我控制不了
I’m like that. L-I can’t help it.
我知道我从未见过那个人
I know I never met that man,
不过…
and yet…
– 拉瓦尔? – 拉瓦尔
– La Valle? – La Valle.
拉瓦尔
La Valle.
你知道,如果我喜欢一个人,我会记得他
You know, if I like a man, I remember him.
如果我不喜欢他,我绝忘不了他
And if I don’t like him, I never forget him.
简单来说,夫人
In a nutshell, madame,
就是这样的小事情逼得我发疯
it is little things like that that drive me crazy.
请原谅
Excuse me.
– 拉瓦尔先生? – 什么,费里巴先生?
– Monsieur La Valle? – Yes, Monsieur Filiba?
咱们有没有…
Did we…
没有,没有
No. No.
可是…
And yet…
请原谅,柯勒特夫人想在起居室见您
Pardon me. Madame Colet would like to see you in the living room.
马上去,雅克,我们过会儿再继续
At once, Jacques. We’ll continue later.
听好了,我的好伙计,咱们面对现实吧
Now see here, my good man. Let us face the facts.
我在办晚宴,而有个人最后一分钟放了我鸽子
I’m giving a dinner party, and one man turned me down at the last minute.
你有晚礼服吗?
Have you a dinner jacket?
夫人?
Madame?
你能否和拉瓦尔先生一起,过一遍这些文件?
Will you be good enough to go over these papers with Monsieur Giron?
我的荣幸
I shall be delighted.
吉隆先生也是
And so will Monsieur Giron.
那么
Well.
拉瓦尔先生
Monsieur La Valle,
我有几个问题一直想问你,有段时间了
there are several questions I’ve been wanting to ask you for quite a while.
我了解你来自马赛
I understand you are from Marseilles.
那样的话,你一定跟马赛的拉瓦尔家族有关联
In that case, you must be related to the La Valles of Marseilles.
请等一下
Just a minute, please.
我希望你会发现那些数字…是正确的
I hope you’ll find those figures… correct.
– 我也希望如此 – 拉瓦尔先生
– I hope so too. – Monsieur La Valle,
我已享有此家族的信任超过…
I have enjoyed the confidence of this family for more…
超过40年,这夫人告诉过我
For more than 40 years. So madame told me.
而且我认识马赛的拉瓦尔家族已经…
And I have known the La Valles of Marseilles…
超过30年了
for more than 30 years.
Ten…
拉瓦尔先生,你似乎一味在回避我的问题
Monsieur La Valle, you seem to be persistently evading my questions.
而你,吉隆先生,似乎一味因我检查你的报告而不安…
And you, Monsieur Giron, seem to be persistently disturbing my examination of your report.
检查?拉瓦尔先生,你在暗示什么?
Examination? Monsieur La Valle, what are you insinuating?
我享有这个家族的信任已经超过40年
I have enjoyed the confidence of this family for more than 40 years.
你享有夫人的信任多长时间了呢?
How long have you enjoyed the confidence of madame?
三个星期,我相信是
Three weeks, I believe.
两星期又三天
Two weeks and three days.
你在暗示什么吗,吉隆先生?
Are you insinuating anything, Monsieur Giron?
– 不不,完全没有 – 哦,那就好
– No, no, not at all. – Well, that’s fine.
那么你不是在暗示我回避你的问题
Then you’re not insinuating that I’m evading your questions,
我也没有暗示你不会让我检查你的报告
and I’m not insinuating that you won’t let me examine your report.
我只是在问,你跟马赛的拉瓦尔家族是否有关联
I was only asking if you were related to the La Valles of Marseilles.
而我只是在要求你,让我不受打扰检查你的报告
And I was only asking you to let me examine your report without interruption.
我看不出为何有人要激动…
I don’t see why any man should get excited…
只因他被人问起家乡
because he’s asked about his hometown.
我看不出有人因何理由要紧张…
And I don’t see any reason for any man to get nervous…
只因有人要查看他报告中的数字
because someone checks over the figures of his report.
拉瓦尔先生!你是在暗示这报告不诚实吗?
Monsieur La Valle! Are you insinuating this is not an honest report?
我只是在暗示你很紧张
I am only insinuating that you are nervous.
– 紧张?我♥干♥嘛要紧张? – 我不知道,吉隆先生
– Nervous? Why should I be nervous? – I don’t know, Monsieur Giron.
拉瓦尔先生,你是不是想说…
Monsieur La Valle, are you trying to say
这些数字中有些问题让我紧张?
there is anything in these figures to make me nervous?
不,完全不是
No, not at all.
– 咱们把文件留在这里 – 可是…
– We’ll keep the papers here. – But…
明天我给你办公室打电♥话♥
And tomorrow I’ll call you at your office
– 告诉你马赛拉瓦尔家族的一切 – 我,呃…
– and tell you all about the La Valles of Marseilles. – I, uh…
而且不会有什么茶会打扰我们
And there won’t be any tea party to interrupt us.
再见,吉隆先生
Good-bye, Monsieur Giron.
你知道谁在这里吗?
Do you know who’s here?
进来
Come in.
拉瓦尔先生,费里巴先生非常想见你
Monsieur La Valle, Monsieur Filiba would like very much to see you.
等一下
In a moment.
– 费里巴? – 对,费里巴
– Filiba? – Yes, Filiba.
– 威尼斯,大饭店,房♥间号♥253… – 579!
– Venice, Grand Hotel, room two fifty-three… – Five, seven and nine!
对,好了,别担心
Yes. Now, don’t worry.
– 我想跟你道再见 – 再见,费里巴先生
– I wanted to say good-bye to you. – Good-bye, Monsieur Filiba.
但是…我走之前,说再见之前
But… before I go and before I say good-bye,
我想问你一个问题
I want to ask you one question.
– 你去过威尼斯吗? – 没有
– Have you ever been in Venice? – No.
– 你从没去过威尼斯? – 没
– You’ve never been in Venice? – No.
– 你去过维也纳吗? – 没有
– Have you ever been in Vienna? – No.
– 阿姆斯特丹?君士坦丁堡? – 没有,没有
– Amsterdam? Constantinople? – No. No.
– 你从没去过君士坦丁堡? – 没
– You’ve never been in Constantinople? – No.
– 但你去过威尼斯? – 对
– But you have been in Venice? – Yes.
那我告诉你,威尼斯跟君士坦丁堡没法比
Then let me tell you, Venice can’t compare with Constantinople.
我不管你怎么说
I don’t care what you say.
在君士坦丁堡,至少有街道、苏丹、巴夏、头巾
In Constantinople at least you have streets, sultans, pashas, turbans…
– 还有小妾,嗯? – 各种各样的
– And harems, hmm? – All kinds.
哦,君士坦丁堡
Well, Constantinople.
爱丽舍7689
Elysee 7689.
咱们得清理走人了
We have to clear out.
火车站吗?请接售票处
Railroad station? Ticket office, please.
– 他认出你来了吗? – 没有,还没有
– Did he recognize you? – No, no, not yet.
两张去柏林的票,头等卧铺
Two tickets to Berlin, first-class and sleeper.
夜班火车,对,对
Night train. Right. Right.
在伊格纳西奥·费尔南德斯先生名下保留
Leave them in the name of el señor Ignacio Fernandez.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!