Oh. Right?
哦 对吗?
So, you’re right. So I thought I was following Vargas. So what?
正确 所以我以为我在跟着瓦格斯 那又怎样?
Sit down.
坐下
It’s a free country. Shut up.
这是个自♥由♥的国家 闭嘴
Is this the Mirador Motel? I’m trying to…
是梅拉多汽车旅馆吗? 我想…
Yes, it’s the Mirador Motel, and it’s me.
是梅拉多汽车旅馆 是我
Oh, darling. The news is bad.
哦 亲爱的 有坏消息
Quinlan is about to arrest that boy, Sanchez, and…
昆兰要逮捕桑切斯 并且…
Oh, Mike, is that why you called?
哦 麦克 你打电♥话♥来就为了这个吗?
To tell me somebody’s been arrested?
告诉我有人被捕了?
No, that’s not really why I called. It…
不不 我打电♥话♥…
It’s to tell you how sorry I am about all this.
是想告诉你 我对这一切是多么的抱歉
‘How very, very much I love you.
我又是多么多么的爱你
Susie?
苏茜?
I’m still here, my own darling Miguel.
我还在亲爱的
Oh. I thought maybe you’d fallen asleep.
我还以为你已经睡着了
I was just listening to you breathe. It’s a lovely sound…
我刚才在听你呼吸 迷人的声音
But I am sleepy.
但是我困了
Oh.

Of course you are.
当然了
Well then, I’ll be calling you back later. Goodbye for now.
那我晚点再给你打电♥话♥ 再见
Mike?
麦克?
Hello. Yes?
喂? 什么?
Oh, I just wanted to tell you I’m awfully tired.
我只想告诉你我太疲倦了
Oh, excuse me. This is Mrs Vargas talking.
抱歉 我是瓦格斯夫人
I know. It couldn’t be anybody else. Oh?
我知道 不会是别人 是吗?
‘You’re the only guest we got here just now… in the whole place.’
你现在是我们唯一的客人
Oh. Well, as I started to tell you, there’s no sign to put up outside the door,
嗯 就像我开始对你讲的 没有牌子可以挂在门外
and I just wanted to make sure I wouldn’t be disturbed.
而我只想确信 我不会被打搅
Oh, that is if you’re the one who’s in charge.
如果你是管事的话
Don’t you worry, Mrs Vargas. I’m the one who’s in charge here.
别担心 瓦格斯夫人 我是负责人
Nobody’s going to get through to you unless I say so.
未经我允许 没人会打扰你
Oh, Vargas. Sergeant Menzies wanted me to give you this.
瓦格斯! 曼西斯警官让我把这个给你
Your car keys. Thanks.
你的车钥匙 谢谢
Well, I was beginning to think we’d lost you for good.
我还以为我们已经永远失去了你 朋友
I had a phone call to make.
我在打电♥话♥
English!
讲英语
They’ve got me measured for the fall guy.
他们要让我当替罪羊
Now, just a minute.
现在 就一分钟
Sure, I’m the fortune hunter who hypnotised Marcia,
对 我是个追富婆的男人 我迷倒了玛莎
who made her kill her father for his money.
为了钱 又让她杀了她父亲
Boy, if I had that kind of power,
如果我真有这种能力的话
I wouldn’t be where I am today. Believe me.
我今天就不会在这里了 相信我
You mean you don’t care about the money?
你是说你不在乎钱?
Why should I lie?
我♥干♥嘛要撒谎?
If it hadn’t been for the money, I wouldn’t have given her a tumble.
如果不是为了钱 我就不会和她这么亲近了
But I told her that right at the beginning. But still she wanted…
可我一开始就告诉她了 只是她仍想…
Why bother? You wouldn’t believe it.
干嘛费这劲? 你不会相信的
Try me.
试试看
I’m a good listener.
我是个好听众
Well, instead of the man chasing the girl, suppose she was the one.
假设是她 而不是那个追她的男人
Suppose she asked him to marry her.
假设她要他娶自己
What should he do? Draw himself up and say,
他会怎么做? 挺直腰板说
“No, my dear. You and I could never be happy together because of your money”?
不 亲爱的 因为你的钱 我们在一起永远不会幸福的
What would you do, Vargas? The question is, what did you do?
你会怎么做瓦格斯? 问题在于 你做过什么?
Yeah, what did you do, boy?
对你做过什么 小子?
Well, you know what I did, Captain. Yeah, I know. I was asking you.
你知道的 昆兰探长 我知道 我曾一直追问你
Marcia and I made a bomb. That’s right. You made a bomb.
玛莎和我做了个炸♥弹♥ 没错 你们做了个炸♥弹♥
And we blew up her father, of course! At last you’re admitting it.
然后我们当然就炸了他父亲! 你终于承认了
Don’t you see you don’t help yourself by treating this as a joke?
你总是情不自禁地要把这当成一个玩笑吗?
Uh, are you finished?
你说完了吗?
Anything more you want to say, Vargas?
要补充什么吗? 瓦格斯
No, Captain. Oh, good.
没有了 探长 哦 很好
Pete, since you’re here… Yes, Hank.
皮特 既然你在这里 是 汉克
I wish you’d search the place.
我希望你继续搜查这地方
I’m too tired to go on with it.
我太累了 干不下去了
Sanchez’s desk has been looked into.
桑切斯的桌子已经搜过了
Take the bedroom, then the bathroom. OK, Hank.
去卧室和浴室看看 好的 汉克!
I haven’t been very thorough.
我搜得不是很彻底
Now, listen. Yeah.
听着 好的
How long do I have to sit here?
我还要在这里坐多久?
I wasn’t breaking no laws. I was just…
我没犯法 我只是…
I don’t even know these people. You know Vargas, don’t you?
我甚至不认识这些人 你认识瓦格斯 对吧?
Who’s this? Uncle Joe Grandi. Another Grandi.
那是谁? 乔葛兰迪大叔 另一个葛兰迪
Yeah, you nabbed his brother on a narcotics rap.
对 你在一次打击毒品的行动中抓了他兄弟
I don’t know this Grandi. Yeah?
我不认识这个葛兰迪 是吗?
I got nothing to do with you, Varg… Shut up.
我和你毫无关系 瓦格斯 闭嘴
I’m an American citizen.
我是个美国公民
Now listen, Vic was arrested in Mexico City, Captain.
听着 维克在墨西哥城被捕了 探长
Vargas is gonna testify at his trial Thursday.
瓦格斯要在星期四审讯他的时候去作证
It’s got absolutely nothing to do with…
这绝对毫无关系…
You just try any rough stuff, Uncle Joe, and you’ll find out.
你尽管尝试各种粗暴的手段 乔大叔你会找出来的
He’s a big shot in the Mexican government. Listen…
他是墨西哥政♥府♥的要员 听着…
Anybody lays a hand on Mr Vargas between now and Thursday,
从现在起到星期四 如果任何人动了瓦格斯先生
and my brother Vic is just as good as convicted.
我兄弟维克就等于被宣判了
Hank? Yeah?
汉克! 嗯?
What is it, Pete? I found it!
怎么了? 皮特 我找到它了
Found what, partner? Come here and look!
找到什么了 伙计? 过来看
I don’t even know this Sanchez.
我甚至不认识这个桑切斯
All right, boy. Boy, you come in here!
好吧 小子 小子 你进来
Now, in English, just how much dynamite was it you stole?
用英语告诉我 你偷了多少炸♥药♥?
What good would it be to tell you that I’ve never seen any dynamite?
告诉你我没见过任何炸♥药♥会有用吗?
Poor Rudy Linnekar. He did all he could to keep you away from his daughter.
可怜的鲁迪雷尼卡 他尽了全力让你远离他女儿
But she stands to inherit a million bucks, so naturally you just moved in here.
但她肯定会继承百万家产 所以你自然要搬进来了
Marcia and I were married. Secretly! A million bucks. No secret about that.
玛莎和我已经秘密结婚了 一百万美元 这并不是秘密
And you got scared he’d change his will.
他改遗嘱吓着你了
Why don’t you let up for a minute? So you got yourself this highway job…
你能不能停一下? 所以你选择了这条路…
You broke into the explosives bin and stole it.
你撬开了装炸♥药♥的箱子并…
That’s a lie! You stole ten sticks of dynamite!
这是谎言! 偷了10捆炸♥药♥
No, no!
不! 没有!
Well, Hank has done it again. He’s nailed his man.
汉克又成功了 他已经抓住了 凶手
Thanks to you, partner.
谢谢你 搭档
Me? Say, if that dynamite had been a snake there in the bathroom,
我? 啊! 如果那炸♥药♥是浴室里的一条蛇的话
it would have bit me.
它已经咬到我了
I told Chief Gould that I’d keep you informed, Vargas.
我答应过古尔局长要告诉你的
So, I’m doing it. This is it. We’ve broken the case.
就是这样 我们已经破案了
Rudy Linnekar was blown up with eight sticks of dynamite.
鲁迪雷尼卡是被8捆炸♥药♥送上天的
And Sanchez stole ten, that leaves two.
而桑切斯偷了10捆
And we found them both.
剩下的2捆我们都找到了
You heard that, boy. We found the dynamite.
听见了吗? 小子 我们找到炸♥药♥了
That’s impossible. Well, we found two sticks.
这不可能 我们找到了2捆
Black Fox. The identical brand. It’s the right brand.
“黑狐狸” 一样的牌子 正确的编号♥
Where did you find this? Right here in your love nest.
你在哪里找到的? 就在你的爱巢里
Where? Where you had it stashed, of course.
哪里? 你把它们藏在这里
What are you trying to do?
你们想干什么?
We’re trying to strap you to the electric chair, boy.
我们想把你绑在电椅上 小子
We don’t like it when innocent people are blown to jelly in our town!
我们不喜欢有无辜的人在我们的镇子里被炸成碎片
Yes. An old lady on Main Street last night picked up a shoe.
对 昨天晚上有个老妇人在美因大街捡到了一只鞋
And the shoe had a foot in it.
那里头有一只脚
We’re gonna make you pay for that mess.
我们要让你为这场混乱付出代价
They’re trying to rail road me! Yeah…
他们想陷害我 对
I don’t know why. I never stole any dynamite.
我不知道为什么 我从没偷过任何炸♥药♥
You’ll have to stop him yourself.
你得让他住嘴
From now on, he can talk Hindu for all the good it’ll do him.
从现在起他讲印度语都行 如果这对他有帮助的话
He swears on his mother’s grave
他以他母亲坟墓的名义
that there has never been any dynamite in this apartment.
发誓这间房♥里从没放过炸♥药♥
Sure, sure.
当然 当然
Take him in. Book him. Let’s go.
把他带去做笔录 我们走
You say you found this dynamite in the bathroom?
你说你是在浴室发现炸♥药♥的? 没错
Pete found it. Show him the dynamite.
皮特找到的 给他看炸♥药♥ 皮特

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!