Can you describe this man?
你能描述一下这个人吗?
Well, the first one seems to have been… Oh, the first one.
好的 第一个看起来… 哦 第一个
Young, good looking. So, there were two men?
年轻 英俊 有两个男人吗?
Not exactly. Not exactly?
不准确 不准确?
Are you saying she was taken to this dive by force?
你是说 她是被强行带到这间低级酒吧的?
Not by force, no. Oh.
没有用暴♥力♥ 哦
One of the Grandis was there waiting. “Short, fat, with a moustache.”
有一个葛兰迪家的人正等在那里 矮胖 有胡子
That’s Susan’s description, I haven’t run into him.
那是乔大叔 我没碰见他
What?
什么?
They call him Uncle Joe… Grandi. That’s right.
他们叫他乔大叔 没错
Go on. Well…
继续 嗯…
What do you mean, “go on”? I’ve told you what happened.
你是什么意思? 我已经告诉了你发生的事
Aren’t you going to do something?
你不去做点什么吗?
If you’re making a charge, I’ve got to ask the complaint.
如果你负责的话 我提出一项指控
Or isn’t that police procedure in Mexico?
这不是墨西哥警♥察♥做事的程序吗?
Procedure? You say your wife was attacked.
程序? 你说你妻子被袭击了
I did not say she was attacked. Would you say she was molested?
我没这么说过 她是不是说过她被调戏了?
Not physically molested, no.
不是身体上的
Was obscene language used? I don’t think so!
用淫秽的话了吗? 我不这么想
Well, how do you explain the fact that your wife allowed herself
那你怎么解释你妻子…
to be picked up by this goodlook… She was not picked up.
允许她自己被勾搭? 她没有被勾搭!
Now, Hank, I think we’re getting off on the wrong tack.
汉克 我想我们正误入歧途
Then this good-looking young man was a ‘friend’ of hers?
这个英俊的年轻人曾是她的一个朋友吗?
Obviously not.
显然不是
You wouldn’t call that getting picked up in the street?
你不肯称它为在街上被勾搭吗?
Now, now, we mustn’t forget, must we
好了 好了 别忘了
that Mr Vargas is not on the witness stand.
瓦格斯先生并没有站在证人席上
Hank’s a born lawyer, you know?
汉克是个天生的律师 对吧?
Lawyer. I’m no lawyer. All a lawyer cares about is the law!
律师? 我不是律师 律师关心的只是法律
Captain, you are a policeman, aren’t you?
探长 你是个警♥察♥ 对吗?
Hmm, aren’t you? You don’t seem very fond of the job.
不是吗? 你看起来不是很喜欢这个职业
There are plenty of soldiers who don’t like war.
有许多士兵不喜欢战争
It’s a dirty job enforcing the law,
那是份肮脏的职业
but it’s what we’re supposed to be doing, isn’t it?
可这不就是我们该去做的吗?
I don’t know about you,
我不了解你
but when a murderer’s loose, I’m supposed to catch him.
当一个凶手逃跑了 我就该抓住他
Well, Pete, let’s get back to civilisation.
皮特 我们回文明社会吧
Let’s go, Hank. It’s almost dawn. You gotta get some rest.
我们走 汉克! 天快亮了 你该休息一下
No chance of that, partner.
没有机会了 搭档
We got a big day ahead of us.
眼前是重要的一天
See any better this way?
这样是不是看的更清楚?
You can turn it off now, buster. You’re wasting your batteries.
你可以把它关了 老兄 你在浪费电池
Susie… what are you doing here in the dark?
苏茜 你黑灯瞎火的在这里做什么?
There isn’t any shade on the window.
窗户上没有任何影子
Well, can we turn the light on now?
我们现在能开灯吗?
No, we can’t.
不行
Why not? Because there isn’t any bulb any more.
为什么? 因为没灯泡了
Susie!
苏茜
Risto!
历斯托!
Risto!
历斯托!
Uncle Joe is plenty mad. He wants to talk to you.
乔大叔大怒了 他想和你谈谈
Risto. Risto, come back here.
历斯托! 历斯托 回来
Sal, grab him! Stop him!
萨尔 抓住他! 拦住他!
Grab him, Sal!
拦住他 萨尔!
Who told you to throw acid at Vargas?
谁让你朝瓦格斯泼硫酸?
Stop him!
拦住他!
Who told you to throw acid at Vargas? Eh?
谁是这个家族的老板?
Who’s the boss of this family?
谁让你朝瓦格斯泼硫酸的?
Who is the boss? My old man.
谁是老板? 我老爸
Yeah, Vic, sure. But he’s in the pen!
维克 当然 但他还在牢里!
Until he gets out, who’s running this outfit?
谁现在管事?
Oh, stop it, will ya? Who’s in charge?
哦 别打了好吗? 谁在管事?
All right, you.
好吧是你
Oh, what a set-up to work with.
真是个好组织
One brother in jail, two others dead!
一个兄弟在牢里 另外两个死了
And nobody left to carry on the business but a bunch of nephews!
除了一堆侄子 再没人来主持大局了
Listen, Uncle… Don’t do that!
听着大叔… 别动!
You lost your rug, Uncle Joe. The rug. Half of you too wet behind the ears.
你丢了你的假发 你们一半人都太嫩了
This isn’t the real Mexico. You know that!
你知道这不是真正的墨西哥
All border towns bring out the worst in a country.
所有的边境城镇 都会显示出一个国家最坏的一面
I can just imagine your mother’s face if she could see our honeymoon hotel.
如果你母亲看见了我们的蜜月旅馆 我能想象出她的表情
Senor Vargas! Un momento.
瓦格斯先生 等等
Does this mean you’re taking that early plane back to Mexico City?
你是不是想坐第一班飞机回去?
Telefono!
电♥话♥
Telefono…
电♥话♥…
Because it doesn’t leave for another two hours yet.
它两个小时内不会起飞
All I can say is, if you are taking that plane, I’m very glad.
如果你坐那架飞机 我只会非常乐意
I’m very glad you’re very glad.
十分高兴看到你
Ser.

Who told you to start this funny stuff with the acid?
谁告诉你用硫酸的?
Who told you?
谁告诉你的?
I just wanted to give that wife of his
我只想给他妻子…
something to think about on the honeymoon.
一些蜜月回忆
She’s going to get plenty. Don’t you worry.
她会得到很多的 不用你操心
Here, you lost your rug. She’s gonna… What?
在这里 你丢了假发 她会… 什么?
You lost your rug. Oh.
你丢了假发 哦
My old man is in no shape for the pen. If they give him ten, he dies.
我老爸决不能坐牢 如果判他10年他就完了
Yeah? And if Vargas gets hurt, what happens?
是吗? 如果伤了瓦格斯 会发生什么?
My brother Vic is just as good as convicted.
我兄弟维克就相当于被判有罪了
You leave Vargas to me! Uncle Joe. Uncle Joe.
你把瓦格斯交给我 乔大叔? 乔大叔
What?
什么事?
Sal! This, take it to her.
萨尔 把这交给她
It’s for you.
这是给你的
I don’t want any more postcards.
我不想有更多的明信片了
I don’t speak any Spanish. What is it? What do you want?
我不说西班牙语 你想要什么?
I don’t know. I was told to put this in your hands.
我不知道 只让我把这个交到你手上
Susie, that was the police. Mike, look at…
苏茜 刚才是警♥察♥ 麦克 看…
Quinlan has a lead. I’m sorry, I have to meet him.
昆兰有线索了 对不起 我得去见他
Now, you must tell me what you want to do.
你现在必须告诉我你的想法
If you are going to Mexico City, I have time to take you to the airport.
如果你要去墨西哥城 我有时间送你到机场
Perhaps that would be best, just for a few days.
也许那样最好 就几天而已
I don’t think so.
我不这么想
But just a minute ago, you… A minute ago I said a lot of things.
但一分钟前… 一分钟前我说过很多事
But now I think the best thing is to stick close to my husband. OK?
我现在觉得最好是跟紧我丈夫 好吗?
Susie!
苏茜!
So, Mike, I’m coming with you. Coming with me?
麦克我要和你在一起 和我一起?
But I have to see Quinlan at the American police station.
但我得去美国的警局见昆兰
I’ll wait at the motel. What motel?
我会在汽车旅馆等 什么样的汽车旅馆?
Well, there must be one somewhere on the American side of the border.
在美国那边肯定有一家
The American side of the border.
美国那边
Oh, well, I’ll be safe there and you won’t have to worry about me.
哦 我在那里会安全的 你不用担心我
Did I say the wrong thing again?
我是不是又说错话了?
No, I suppose it would be nice for a man in my place
不 我想对于处于我这种境地的男人来说
to be able to think he could look after his own wife in his own country.
能在他的祖国照顾自己的妻子是一件幸事
Oh, Mike, if I go to the American motel, it’s just for comfort.
哦 麦克 我去美国的汽车旅馆只是图舒服
Sure, sure. Not for safety.
当然 当然 而不是为了安全
Whatever you say, mi vida.
随你怎么说
Wealthy contractor, Rudolph Linnekar
富有的承包商鲁道夫·雷尼卡…
has definitely been identified with the blonde nightclub dancer
已被确认与一名金发的夜♥总♥会♥舞♥女♥一起
killed in the explosion a few yards this side of the Mexican border.
被炸死在墨西哥国境一侧几码远的地方…
We’re gonna get you where it really hurts.
我们会让他痛不欲生的
And without laying a hand on him.
却不用动他一根指头
He’s got a reputation.
他有了个好名声
He’s got a young bride. He’s gonna leave this town
也得到了位娇妻 他会离开这镇子
wishing he and that wife of his had never been born.
只希望他和他妻子从没出生过
Don’t you see, darling,
你不明白吗? 亲爱的
if the bomb was planted in Mexico, and the accused is Mexican,
如果炸♥弹♥是安在墨西哥 而被告又是个墨西哥人
what a scandal this could turn into? Internationally?
这将会变成一桩什么样的国际丑闻啊?
Might be kind of rough on the tourist trade.
也许旅游业会遭重创
Susie, one of the longest borders on earth
苏茜 地球上最长的边界之一

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!