My leg.
我的腿
Your what? His game leg.
你的什么? 他的瘸腿
Sometimes he gets a kind of a twinge, like folks do for a change of weather.
他有时会感到一点刺痛 就像变天时人们会有的感觉
Intuition, he calls it. Mmm.
他管那叫直觉 嗯
Vargas has a theory that the murder was committed
瓦格斯有个理论 谋杀本身已经
outside of our jurisdiction.
发生在我们的职权之外
Of course, we’re all of us going to cooperate with Mr Vargas here.
当然 我们所有人正准备合作
Don’t worry, Captain. I’m merely what the United Nations would call an observer.
别担心 我只是个联♥合♥国♥所说的观察员
Well, you don’t talk like one. I’ll say that for you.
你说话时可不像 以后再和你说
A Mexican, I mean.
我的意思是墨西哥人
Captain, you won’t have any trouble with me.
探长 你不会和我有什么纠纷的
You bet your sweet life I won’t.
拿你的小命赌赌看
As a matter of fact, Mike must be looking for me just about now,
事实上 麦克现在一定在找我
and that’s bound to mean trouble.
而这就意味着麻烦
What’s so funny about that?
有什么好笑的?
He wants to know if your husband is jealous, Senora.
他想知道你丈夫是否爱吃醋 夫人
You silly little pig.
你这个小蠢货
Who are you talking about? I’m talking about you.
你们在谈论谁? 我正在说你
You ridiculous old-fashioned, jug-eared, lopsided little Caesar.
可笑的 过时的 有招风耳的 大腹便便的小独♥裁♥者
I didn’t get that, Senora. You’ll have to talk slow.
我没明白夫人 你得说慢点
I’m talking slow. But in a minute I’ll start to yell.
我是在慢慢说 但马上我就会开始叫
I wouldn’t do that, Senora.
我可不会那样做夫人
See, just a little while ago, this was a quiet, peaceful town here.
就在不久前 这里还是个平静 安宁的镇子
And now this Vargas comes along… Mr Grandi! Mr Grandi.
现在这位瓦格斯先生出现了并… 葛兰迪先生!
You said you had something for my husband.
你说过有东西要给我丈夫
Don’t you think it’s time you gave it to me?
现在正是时候
I think it’s time for him to lay off my brother in Mexico City!
我认为正是时候让他放过我在墨西哥城的兄弟!
That’s advice.
一个忠告
That’s what I got for him.
这就是我要给他的
Then the conference is over?
那么会谈结束了?
I’m free to leave?
我可以自♥由♥离开了?
Free?
自♥由♥?
Nobody was holding you or keeping you, Mrs Vargas.
没人扣留你 瓦格斯夫人
Nobody laid a hand on you.
没人抓着你
You were just paying us a little visit.
你只是对我们进行了一次小小的拜访
Well…
好吧
Goodbye, all.
再见了
Quinlan, we just can’t cross over into Mexico like this.
昆兰 我们不能就这样横穿到墨西哥去
Thousands do every day. Tourists, but…
每天都有成千上万的人这么做 是游客们 但…
So, we’re tourists.
那我们就是游客
Captain Quinlan wants to check on the girl
昆兰探长想查查
that was with Linnekar in the death car.
和雷尼卡在那辆车里的女孩
I know. She was one of the stripteasers.
我知道 她是个脱衣舞♥女♥郎
I think I told you. No, Pete told me before I left the ranch.
我以为我告诉过你 对在我离开农场前 皮特告诉过我
That’s right.
没错
And I told him that I wanted to see all the stripteasers in the joint.
我告诉他 我想在监狱里看见所有的脱衣舞♥女♥郎
This is Mexican territory. What can we do?
这是墨西哥的领土 我们能做什么?
There’s no law against visitors asking questions, is there, Mr Vargas?
没有法律禁止游客提问吧 瓦格斯先生?
Hey, where’d he go?
嗨 他要去哪里?
Susie, where in the world were you? Oh, Mike, darling!
苏茜 你究竟去哪儿了? 哦 麦克 亲爱的
What happened? Just wait till I tell you.
等我告诉你 发生什么了?
The craziest thing…
极怪诞的事…
Who’s the jane? His wife.
那个女人是谁? 他老婆
Well, what do you know? She don’t look Mexican either.
你知道什么? 她也不像墨西哥人
The key to this whole thing’s the dynamite.
整件事的关键是炸♥药♥
The killer didn’t just want Linnekar dead.
凶手不仅仅想让雷尼卡死
He wanted him destroyed. Annihilated.
他想消灭他 让他化为灰烬
Over here, Vargas. We’re going in the back way.
这边 瓦格斯 我们要回去了
Senor Vargas.
瓦格斯先生
Yes?
什么事?
Anything wrong, Vargas?
出什么岔子了 瓦格斯?
No, I just couldn’t catch him. Oh.
不 我只是追不上他 哦
I hardly knew her. Hmm.
我根本不认识她 嗯
Adair, come on. Yes, yes.
阿岱尔 跟上 对 对
And I’m not finished with you yet. I…
我还没和你讲完
The show’s over. I’m going home. Oh, no, no, ma’am.
表演结束了 我要回家了 哦 不不 女士
Mr Adair, as far as I could find out,
阿岱尔先生 就我所知
none of these people even knew the murdered girl.
这些人都不认识那个被杀的女孩
I have no time for that. Let’s talk to this young lady.
我没时间做这个 让我们谈谈这位年轻女士
Zita? Yeah.
泽塔? 对
I didn’t know her.
我不认识她
She only joined this show a few days ago.
她几天前才加入表演的
Aw, we’re wasting our time around here.
我们正在这里浪费时间
Oh, I wouldn’t say that!
哦 我可不会这么说
Well, good night, my dear.
晚安 亲爱的
What happened to Menzies and Vargas?
曼西斯和瓦格斯发生什么事了?
I don’t know. They’ll show up.
我不知道 我会给你打电♥话♥的
There may be some more questions.
也许还有些问题要问
Hmm… a pianola.
嗯 自动钢琴
Hank! We, we go this way, you know?
汉克 我们该走这条路
Tana’s still open for business?
塔娜还在营业?
I don’t know what Quinlan thinks she’s got to do with it.
我不知道 昆兰认为她和这件事会有什么关系
Tana? Oh, maybe she’ll cook chilli for him.
塔娜? 她也许会为他烹制辣椒
Or, er… bring out the crystal ball.
或是拿出水晶球
We’re closed.
我们关门了
You been cooking at this hour?
你在这个时候做饭?
Just cleaning up. Huh…
只是清理一下 嗯…
Have you forgotten your old friend? Huh?
已经忘了你的老朋友吗?
I told you we were closed. I’m Hank Quinlan.
我告诉过你 我们关门了 我是汉克·昆兰
I didn’t recognise you.
我没认出你
You should lay off those candy bars.
你不该再吃糖了
Hmm. It’s either the candy or the hooch.
要么是糖果 要么是烈酒
I must say, I wish it was your chili I was getting fat on.
我倒希望我长得这么胖是靠了你的辣椒
Anyway, you’re sure looking good.
不管怎么说 你看起来气色不错
You’re a mess, honey. Yeah.
你一团糟 亲爱的 是的
Mmm, that pianola sure brings back memories.
那架自动钢琴带来了回忆
The customers go for it.
顾客们喜欢它
It’s so old, it’s new.
越老越俏
We got the television, too.
我们也有了电视
We run movies.
老片子
What can I offer you?
我能为你提供什么?
You haven’t heard anything about that bomb, have you?
你没听说一些关于那颗炸♥弹♥的事吗?
That happened on your side of the border.
它发生在你们那边
In a place like this, you hear things.
在这种地方 你肯定听见了一些事
I heard the explosion.
我听见了爆♥炸♥
Yeah.
对
Well, when this case is over,
等这件案子结了
I must come around some night, sample some of your chili.
我一定要找个晚上过来 尝尝你的辣椒
Better be careful. It may be too hot for you.
最好小心点 也许会辣着你
Oh, Hank! Yeah?
哦 汉克? 什么?
Looks like our friend Vargas ran into some trouble.
看来我们的朋友瓦格斯有麻烦了
Where? In the alley behind the nightclub.
在哪里? 在夜♥总♥会♥后面的小巷里
Yeah?
是吗?
What happened to Vargas? What happened?
瓦格斯发生什么事了? 怎么回事?
What was it, Al? Nothing.
怎么回事 艾尔? 没什么
Oh, no? Al!
哦 是吗? 艾尔!
Certainly nothing to do with this bombing affair.
确实没什么和这桩爆♥炸♥案有关的
Somebody threw acid at Vargas.
有人朝瓦格斯泼硫酸
It doesn’t matter. He missed me. Well, who was it, Al?
不要紧 他失手了 是谁干的 艾尔?
I don’t know. He got away. Oh…
我不知道 他跑了 哦
Maybe it’s one of the Grandi kids.
也许是葛兰迪家的一个小子
What makes you so sure of that, Captain?
你怎么如此肯定 探长?
Intuition. Intuition?
直觉 直觉?
Well, Vargas and these Keystone Cops seem to be giving the Grandi family
看来瓦格斯和这些滑稽的警♥察♥最近让葛兰迪家族
quite a few headaches lately… Yeah?
十分头疼… 什么事?
Does your intuition also tell you about my wife?
你的直觉是不是也告诉了你 关于我妻子的事?
Wife?
妻子?
She was accosted in the street a little while ago,
刚才在街上 有人和她搭话
and led across to some dive on your side of the border.
并带她去了你那边的一个低级酒吧
The Vargas family seems to be getting into quite a lot of trouble tonight.
看来瓦格斯家今晚碰上了许多麻烦