He spent ten years in Abyssinia.
他的足迹遍布整个国家
He explored the whole country…
深入白人从未去过的地方
places no white man had ever been…
他在哈勒尔经营贸易站
and he ran a trading post in Harar.
那地方没有医生
There was no doctor there…
但他不愿放下工作
but he wouldn’t leave his work.
他坚持到疼得再也无法忍♥受
He insisted on staying until the pain became unbearable.
然后自己设计一具担架
Then he designed himself a litter…
雇了十人抬到海边
and hired ten men to carry him to the coast.
航程超过两星期
The journey took more than two weeks.
在非洲时…
In Africa…
他会写诗吗
Did he write poetry?
没有
No.
向前
On!
向前
On!
一抵达法国
First, as soon as he arrived…
他就进了马塞的医院
he went into the hospital in Marseilles…
他们锯掉了他的腿
and they cut off his leg.
怎么了
What’s the matter?
你看见那些从天而降的马车了么
Can you see the carriages driving in the sky?
我必须要帮助别人 你知道
I have to help people, you see.
这是我的责任
It’s my duty.
我知道
I know you do.
我不想要钱 除非它们浸透了鲜血
I don’t want money, unless it’s drenched in blood.
嗯
Ssh.
或许海水能冲洗掉污痕
Maybe the sea will wash away the stains.
也许
Maybe.
有件事 伊莎贝拉 你一定要答应我
There’s one thing, Isabelle, you must promise me,
这很重要 你能答应我么
it’s very important, will you promise?
什么事
What?
绝不要让他们截肢
Never let them amputate.
他只肯在家停留一个月
He would only stay at home a month.
他一直说 他得返回太阳下
He kept saying he had to travel back towards the sun,
太阳能治愈他
that the sun would heal him.
请别站起来了
Please, don’t get up.
我送你回旅馆
Let me see you to your hotel.
不用了 很荣幸…
No, no. It was an honor…
见到您这样一位杰出的诗人
to meet such a distinguished poet.
能见到您这样的夫人是我的荣幸
A pleasure to meet you.
你有我的名片吗
You have my card, don’t you?
-是 是的 -你会将手搞寄来吗
-Yes…Yes. -Will you send the manuscripts to that address?
-当然 -请别忘记
-Of course. -Please don’t forget.
我们一定慎重的去
And rest assured We shall make a very careful selection
芜存菁
of what is to survive.
再见
Goodbye.
苦艾酒 两杯
Absinthe. Two.
跟我说 你是否爱我
Tell me if you love me.
你知道我很喜欢你
You know I’m very fond of you.
你爱我吗
Do you love me?
爱
Yes.
那就把手放在桌上
Then Put your hand on the table.
什么
What?
把手放桌上
Put your hand on the table.
手心朝上
Palm upwards.
他死后 我夜夜见到他
Since he died, I see him every night…
我的伟大和荣耀的罪
my great and radiant sin.
我们一直很快乐…一直
We were always happy… always.
我都记得
I remember.
我找到了
I found it.
什么
What?
永恒
Eternity.
就是太阳与海
It’s the sun mingled…
交相辉映
with the sea.