Why? Because that’s what writers do.
我毫不在乎出书
I couldn’t care less about being published.
最重要的是写作本身
The only thing that matters is the writing itself.
其余都是文学
Everything else is literature.
-你最新一本书-怎么了
-Your last book… -Yes?
不够好
wasn’t good enough.
你认为不好
You don’t think so?
婚前的垃圾
Premarital garbage.
不对 是情诗
No. Love poems.
很多人觉得很美
A lot of people found them very beautiful.
满纸的谎言
But they’re all lies.
不是谎言 我爱她
They’re not lies. I love her.
-爱 -对
-Love? -Yes.
-没那回事 -什么意思
-No such thing. -What do you mean?
将家人和夫妻连在一起的
Whatever it is binds families and married couples together…
并不是爱
that’s not love.
是愚笨 自私或恐惧
That’s stupidity or selfishness or fear.
爱不存在
Love doesn’t exist.
你错了
You’re wrong.
那是利己主义
Self-interest exists.
植根于自身利益的依恋
Attachment based on personal gain exists.
或是自我满足
Complacency exists.
但爱不存在
But not love.
爱必须重新创造
Love has to be reinvented.
他为何这么想逃避现实
Why did he want so much to escape from reality?
从未有人抱持这种目标
There never was a man with such an aim.
也许他知道改变生命的秘密
Did he perhaps know secrets to change life?
“有时我见到了
“Sometimes I’ve seen…
人们自以为所见的”
“what people think they’ve seen.”
他跟我想像的不同
He’s not how I imagined him.
“我流太多的泪
“I’ve wept too many tears…
心碎的黎明”
“heartbreaking dawns.”
我比较喜欢你的诗
I prefer your poems.
我不大看得懂那种东西
I don’t really understand that kind of thing.
不
No.
不 这是新诗
No. This is something new.
“我已流太多泪”
“I’ve wept too many tears…
“心碎的黎明”
“heartbreaking dawns.”
怎么了
What is it?
他在踢
He’s kicking.
你看
You see?
这里 及这里
There, there
你不觉得让他在
Don’t you think it would be more sensible
你的朋友那
to get one of your friends
住些日子会更好一些吗
to put him up for a while?
别人都不理解他
People don’t understand him.
只有我能
I’m the only one who understands him.
父亲显然不会理解他
Well, Daddy certainly won’t understand him.
看来你还没意识到
You don’t seem to realise,
今年我支持这场革命
we had a revolution this year which I supported.
我可能会丧命
I could have been shot.
如果我没有丢了工作
If I hadn’t been thrown out of my job…
就算是只有一秒钟
you think I would have
难道你以为我会接受你父亲他妈的施舍么
accepted your father’s damn charity?
我不过是帮助一位朋友
For God’s sake, all I’m doing is helping a friend!
为什么我们一定要遭受这种待遇
Why do we go through all this?
我可是你丈夫
I’m your husband!
对不起 保罗
I’m sorry, Paul.
你是想惹我发火
Are you trying to annoy me?
我没有
No.
那就别
Well, don’t.
晚安 大家都睡了
Evening! Everyone’s in bed, I’m afraid…
还是你是来找那个老家伙的
unless you’ve come to see the old boy.
那个老家伙
The old boy?
就是莫德傅勒维 你不是他的朋友吧
Maute de Fleurville, Not a friend of his, are you?
不是
No.
有没有兴趣买♥♥个十字架
You wouldn’t like to buy a crucifix, would you?
我会以最合理的价钱卖♥♥给你
I can let you have this one on extremely reasonable terms.
我看是真珍珠做的
It’s made with real pearls, I think.
你♥他♥妈♥的到底是谁
Who the hell are you?
我也想问你这个问题
I might ask you the same question…
如果不是我够礼貌的话
Except I’d be more polite.
我就是莫德傅勒维
I am Maute de Fleurville.
啊
Ah.
这是我打碎了的你的狗狗
Then this is your dog I just broke.
什么
What?
为什么
Why?
狗都是自♥由♥主义者
Dogs are all liberals.
什么时候你能不经我的允许
Since when have you had the right…
就请人住到家里了
to invite people to stay in this house without my permission?
如果我连在自己家里招待客人的权利都没有
If I can’t put up a guest in my own home…
那我宁愿住到别处去
when I feel like it, I might as well live somewhere else.
如果你不是成天游游荡荡
If you weren’t so idle,
你就可以租得起房♥子
you might be able to afford to.
-你很清楚自从社区 -别找藉口
-You know very well since the Commune… -Any excuse.
你也不见得就多努力工作
I don’t notice you working your fingers to the bone.
你再碰到那个小混混时
When you next see that hooligan…
请他归还他偷走的东西
you’ll kindly ask him to return the objects he’s pilfered.
-你在说什么 -他会明白我的意思的
-What are you talking about? -He’ll know what I mean.
那你就自己去说
Then ask him yourself.
我很乐意告诉你 他已经走了
I’m happy to say, he’s left the house.
什么
What?
谢天谢地
Thank God.
我以为再也找不到你
I thought I was never going to find you.
我不知道那老家伙捣什么鬼
I don’t know what that bastard thought he was doing.
-那是他的家 -是的
-It’s his house. -Yes.
走
Come.
我给你找个地方
We’ll find you somewhere.
来呀
Come on
恐怕只有这样了
It’s not much, I’m afraid.
-反正就待几天 -这儿很好
-Just for a few days. -It’s fine.
你爱她吗
So do you love her?
当然 她十全十美
Of course. She’s ideal.
18岁 漂亮 有钱
Eighteen, beautiful, plenty of money…
贤惠 怀上了我的孩子
all the wifely virtues. And she’s about to give me a baby.
你们有共同点吗
Do you have anything in common?
没有
No.
她聪明吗
Is she intelligent?
不
No.
她能理解你吗
Does she understand you?
不能
No.
那她唯一能带给你的就是性
Then the only thing she can give you is sex.
保罗 保罗
Paul , Paul
嗨
Hi!
嘿
Hey!
找到他了吗
Did you find him?
找到了
I did.
那他还给你父亲的十字架了吗
And did he give you back Daddy’s crucifix?
如果你父亲能赶走一个
If your father’s capable of throwing
一贫如洗的孩子
that boy out without a peny…
他就不配把十字架挂在墙上
he’s got no right having Christ hanging all over his walls.
你们这些人根本就不知道什么是贫穷
You people don’t understand what poverty is.
你知道在查理维镇 如果他想看一本书
Do you realise that in Charleville, if he wanted a book…
还得去偷
he had go and steal it.
那恰恰证明了他的为人
That proves what kind of person he is.
对不起
I’m sorry.
你不该那样说他的
You shouldn’t have said that.
对不起
I’m sorry.
-怎么了 -没什么
-What’s going on? -Nothing.
亲爱的 你没事吧
Are you all right, my dear?
我没事