一八一七年九月
巴黎年轻有为的诗人保罗魏尔伦
收到一封署名为蓝波
寄来的八首奇特的诗篇
作者署名 蓝波
他立即回信道
“亲爱的伟大灵魂 来我们这儿吧 期待你”
以下故事
直接源自他们的书信和诗篇
魏尔伦是大诗人之时
蓝波是个革命性的天才
他16岁到19岁的作品
永远改变了现代诗的面貌
有时他用多愁善感的语调
Sometimes he speaks in a kind of tender dialect
述说引人悔恨的死亡
of the death which causes repentance…
述说活着的忧伤人群
of the unhappy men who certainly exist…
述说悲伤世事 生死离别
of painful tasks and heartrending departures.
在我们喝得酩酊大醉的简陋小屋
In the hovels where we got drunk…
他泪眼观望围绕在身旁的
he wept looking at those who surrounded us…
那些没用的贫苦的人
a cattle of poverty.
他在乱街扶起醉鬼
He lifted up drunks in the black streets.
他同情惨遭恶母虐待的孩子
He had the pity a bad mother has for small children.
他的动作如教义课上的女孩那般优雅
He moved with the graceof a little girl at catechism.
他假装通晓一切
He pretended to know about everything…
商业 艺术 医学
business, art, medicine.
我追随他
I followed him.
我必须如此
I had to.
先生 有人找你 在那边
Someone for you, sir. Over there.
我认识她吗
Do I know her?
她有名片给我
She gave me her card.
伊莎蓓·兰波
Isabella Rimbaud.
请…
Please…
请坐
Please sit down.
安迪一直在照顾你吧
Has Andre been looking after you?
喝点什么吗
Can I get you something to drink?
不用 谢谢
No, thank you.
请坐
Please.
这真的是只是公事公办
It’s really a business matter…
我想和你谈谈
I want to discuss with you, Mr. Verlaine.
这是几个月前出版的
This was published a few months ago…
完全未经授权的家兄的诗集
a completely unauthorized selection of my brother’s poems.
家母和我
My mother and I are
想杜绝这类事情再发生
anxious to prevent anything like this from happening again.
我们想也许你可以帮忙
We thought you might be able to help us.
我 怎么帮
I? How?
我知道你存有家兄的很多手稿
I understand you have a large number of my brother’s manuscripts.
我是有一些 没错
I have some, yes.
如蒙归还
Well, my mother and I would be very grateful…
家母与我不胜感激
if you would return them.
我总是…极其谨慎地
I’ve always tried to use the utmost discretion…
处理关于令兄的事
in everything concerning your brother.
可以说我一直都在维护他的利益
I think I can say I’ve always defended his interests.
说来也怪
Sometimes I wonder why, since in many ways…
因为那在很多方面都跟我的利益相冲突
they’re diametrically opposed to my own.
我不明白
I don’t see how.
许多年后世人才理解令兄的作品
It took many years for your brother’s work to be understood…
一旦他成名
but once his name began to be known…
我们的那一套便气数殆尽
it soon became clear that our ways were numbered.
单凭旧体诗的音乐性已远远不够
The music of old-fashioned verse was no longer enough.
他把我们扫地出门
He swept us away.
我并不介意 你明白么
Not that I mind, you understand.
我知道我也曾经是个好作家
I know I was once a good writer.
我不知道他这么出名
I didn’t know his name was so well-known.
如今年轻一代了解他
Yes. The young understand him now.
他是未来之声
He’s the voice of the future.
对我来说最重要的
What matters to me most…
是我们合创最佳作品
is that we did our best work together.
我们两人
Both of us.
巴黎 1871年
早上好
Morning!
我来找保罗魏尔伦
I’m looking for Paul Verlaine.
你是兰波先生吗
Are you Monsieur Rimbaud?

Yes.
魏尔伦没跟你一起回来
Monsieur Verlaine is not with you, then?
没有
No.
他去车站接你
He went to the station to meet you.
他不知道我的长相
He doesn’t know what I look like, does he?
我是傅勒维夫人
I am Mrs. Maute de Fleurville…
魏尔伦的岳母
Monsieur Verlaine’s mother-in-law,
这是我女儿 魏尔伦夫人
and this is my daughter…Mrs. Verlaine.
你从车站怎么来的
How did you get from the station?
走路来的
Walked.
要梳洗一下吗
Perhaps you’d like a wash.
不用
No.
你比我们想的还年轻
You’re even younger than we imagined.
你多大了
How old are you?
亲爱的 问人年龄不礼貌
Darling, it’s not polite to ask people their ages.
我要小便
I need a piss.
若不介意 请问你多大了
How old are you, if you don’t mind my asking?
他介意
He does.
16岁
Sixteen.
你在信上写21岁
Only you did say in your letter you were twenty-one.

Mm.
在火车站的时候我注意到你
I noticed you at the station…
不过我没想到那就是你
彼此彼此
Likewise.
你寄给我的那些诗
Those poems you sent me…
以21岁而言 真了不起
were remarkable for someone of twenty-one.
对于一个16岁的人来说 更是史无前例
For someone of sixteen , they’re unprecedented.
所以我才自称21岁
That’s why I told you I was twenty-one.
我不想让你还没读诗就先觉得屈尊了
I didn’t want you to feel patronizing before you’d read them.
当然
Of course.
但愿令堂没有太生我的气
I hope your mother isn’t too angry with me.
没有
No.
当她知道是你出旅费的时候
Once she’d found out you’d sent the fare
看起来挺高兴
she seemed quite happy.
你是来自亚耳宁么
You… You come from the Ardennes, don’t you,
蓝波先生 查理维镇
Monsieur Rimbaud Charleville

Yes.
是个怡人的小镇吧
Pleasant town, Charleville, isn’t it?
最烂的地方
Last place on God’s earth.
令尊是做什么的
and what does your father do?
想必是在喝酒
Drinks mostly, I believe.
我们十年没见过他了
We haven’t seen him for ten years.
对不起
I’m sorry.
不必 走了对他也好
No need to be. He’s very well out of it.
晚餐后请你朗诗
Perhaps you’d like to read something to us after dinner.
不行
No. I don’t think so.
-为什么 -我不想
-Why not? -I Don’t want to.
我从不朗读我的诗
I never read out my poetry.
别的诗人都朗读他们的诗
All the other poets do.
别人怎么样我没兴趣
I’m not interested in what all the other poets do.
我们有聚会
We have soirees.
你不认为诗人可以互相学习么
Don’t you think poets can learn from one another?
只有那些烂诗人才会
Only if they’re bad poets.
你知道这是什么么
You know about this?
我知道是什么
I know what it is.
这是诗人的第三只眼
It’s the poet’s third eye.
它能融化冰河
Melts glasses.
你认为我太太如何
What do you think of my wife?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你认为呢
What do you think of her?
她还是只是个孩子
She’s still only a child, of course.
我也是啊
So am I.
苦艾酒 两杯
Absinthe, two.
你应该为出书做准备
You should do something about getting it published.
为什么
Why?
为什么 作家都要出书

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!