can afford to be modest.
那些人太神奇了
And they are so wonderful
to watch, the delegates,
特别是非洲人,全都穿着奇妙的长袍
especially the Africans,
with their marvelous robes.
还有古巴人,哦!我爱死古巴人了
And the Cubans.
Oh, I love the Cubans.
他们是如此疯狂!
They are so wild!
嗯,这样开始真让人高兴
NICOLE: Well, it all
starts so well.
噢,是这
Oh! It’s them.
谢谢
Thank you.
你们好,妮可,安德烈
Hello, Nicole, Andre.
希望你们不介意我以这种方式拜访
I hope you don’t mind
my dropping in like this.
我估计你们要到了
I wanted to be sure the flowers
就提前把花送来了
were in the room
when you arrived.
米歇尔,你还记得诺德斯特龙先生吗?
Michele, you remember
Mr. Nordstrom?
记得
Oh, yes.
好多年了
It’s been a couple of years.
弗朗索瓦·皮卡,这是麦克·诺德斯特龙
Francois Picard,
Michael Nordstrom.
– 你好 – 你好
How do you do? How do you do?
行李放好了,先生
BELLBOY: Your bags
are all in, sir.
安德烈?
Andre?
好的
Yes.
谢谢
Thank you.
我知道你是为巴黎的一家报纸来这里的
I understand that you’re
here for a Paris newspaper.
是的,为联♥合♥国♥大会开幕来的
Yes. For the opening
of the United Nations.
弗朗索瓦,我们得为晚餐换衣服了
Francois, we have to
change for our dinner.
嗯?
Hmm?
噢,对了,失陪了
Oh, yes. Excuse me.
很抱歉,妮可
I do apologize, Nicole.
谢谢你送的花,麦克
Thanks for the flowers, Mike.
在你说“你想干什么”或者“滚出去”以前
Now, before you say, “What do you
want” or “Get the hell out,”
若不是万不得已,我不会出现在这儿的
consider that I wouldn’t be
here if I didn’t have to be.
你不能这样对妮可
You can’t do this to Nicole.
我很快就走,安德烈
I have to, Andre.
– 你怎么找到我们的? – 你告诉我…
How did you find us?
Well, you told me…
没什么
Never mind.
你们都提起会来纽约
You both told me you were going
to be in New York. It was…
不用介意
Never mind.
你想要做什么
What do you want?
俄♥罗♥斯♥和古巴之间
There is an arrangement
in writing
有一份协议文件,我们必须弄到手
between Russia and
Cuba that we must see.
现在,里克·帕拉在…
Now, Rico Parra is in…
我不能去和里克·帕拉交谈
I can’t talk to Rico Parra.
– 他对我恨之入骨 – 我知道
He hates my guts. I know that.
里克·帕拉有位秘书叫路易斯·犹莱伯
Rico Parra has a secretary
named Luis Uribe.
为什么你不自己去做
Why don’t you do
this job yourself?
我们做不成,任何美国人都无法接近犹莱伯
We can’t. Uribe can’t be
approached by an American.
不行,对不起
No. I’m sorry.
找个人把文件拍下来就行
Just one of your people here
to photograph those papers.
只是坐计程车去趟哈林,要做的就这些
Just a taxi ride to Harlem,
that’s all we’re asking of you.
犹莱伯是可以被收买♥♥的
This Uribe can be bought.
安德烈,帮我们这个忙
Andre, do this for us.
要是有其他办法,我不会选这条路
You know I wouldn’t be here
if there was any other way.
弗朗索瓦,你在联♥合♥国♥里画的素描呢
Francois, the sketches you
made at the United Nations,
你有为古巴代表画的吗?
did you do the Cuban delegates?
有一些
Some, yes.
你看看有没有一个叫路易斯·犹莱伯的
Did you make a sketch of
a man named Luis Uribe?
我找找
I’ll see.
这个就是
FRANCOIS: There he is.
我们可以拿走这一页吗?
Could we have this page?
只要是为了做好事
If it’s for a good cause.
我不想这么做的
I would hate to
have to do it over.
我会还给你的
You’ll get it back.
好的,拿去吧
Okay. You can have it.
我可以问作什么用吗?我可是你的女婿
Could I ask you what this is about?
I am your son-in-law.
同时你是一位新闻记者
You’re also a newspaperman.
照顾好女士们
Take care of the women.
我要尽快赶到殖民区
I’ll get to the colony
as soon as I can.
你要出去吗?
You’re going out?
先喝饮料吧
Have your drinks.
我会争取在你们开始晚餐前赶回来
I’ll try to get there before
you start your dinner.
叫妮可别担心
And tell Nicole not to worry.
我会叫米歇尔告诉她的
I’ll let Michele tell her.
非常感谢
Thank you. Thank you very much.
别客气
You’re welcome.
钱呢
The money.
你明白,不能让别人知道这与我们有关
You understand, this can’t
have anything to do with us.
要是出了什么差错,是你的责任
If anything goes wrong,
it’s your operation.
我知道
I know.
我要回华盛顿了,明天给我电♥话♥好吗?
I’ll head back to Washington.
Will you call me tomorrow?
好的
Yes.
我想见杜波斯先生
I would like to see Mr. Dubois.
我该怎么说呢?
Whom shall I say?
法美财务公♥司♥
Franco-American Finance Company.
哦,你好,请进,请进
Oh, hello. Come in. Come in.
哦,你好久没过来了
It’s a long time
since you came yourself.
是有点突然
It was that sudden.
我有一个紧急且重要的任务必须今晚完成
I have an urgent and vital
job to be done tonight.
希望你有空
I hope you are free.
为了你,我随时都有空
Always free for you.
我们可以到你办公室去吗?
Can we go into your office?
不行,门都是敞着的
No, that’s all open.
我们最好到这儿来
We’d better go in here.
不过会有点冷
You might find it a bit chilly.
记得他的名字吗?
You remember his name?
路易斯·犹莱伯
Yes. Luis Uribe.
他为什么憎恨美国人?
Why does he hate Americans?
我听说他的儿子在猪湾事件中死了
I was told he lost a son
at the Bay of Pigs.
啊
Oh.
这么仓促,我没有太多时间去准备什么
This is all pretty iffy. I won’t have
much chance to organize anything.
你要临机应变了
You’ll just have to improvise.
看运气吧
Oh, lots of luck.
你的相机呢?
What about your camera?
随时准备,胶卷也上了
Always ready and loaded.
这边来
This way.
要让他知道你是法国人,而不是美国人
Be sure you let him know you
are French, not American.
不止这样,我来自马提尼克岛
Better than that. I’m from
the island of Martinique.
那我们就是同乡了
That makes us
practically related.
好
Good.
这是我的小工具
Here is my little one.
你计划怎么混上去?
How do you propose
to get up there?
我伪装成记者
I think I’ll be a reporter.