A Cognac?
你不觉得应该谨慎对待德弗罗吗?
You don’t think Devereaux
should be treated seriously?
一个危险而聪明的建议,亨利
An ominous and subtle
suggestion, Henri.
但是慌张是办不成事的
But these things
are not done in panic.
非常抱歉不能留你了
You’ll forgive me
if I don’t join you,
我在等位客人
for I am expecting a guest.
如果我现在成为德弗罗的目标
If I am Devereaux’s target now,
他多久后会成为威胁…
how long before he
will become a threat
对其他人的威胁?
to others?
雅克
Jacques,
这不是我们… 第一次遇到难题了…
this is not the first time we
have been faced with a problem
这需要… 终极解决方法
that demanded
the final solution.
现在,先把白兰地喝完…
Now, if you will
finish that cognac…
他们开始在报纸上
They are beginning
to publish things
发表些让我们紧张的事情
in the newspaper
that make me nervous.

Ah.
是什么?
What things?
在北约和政♥府♥里有告密者的零星线索吗?
Those little hints of possible
leaks in the government, in NATO?
别理它,没事的
Pay no attention. It’s nothing.
对你来说没事,以你的职位没有人会怀疑你的
Nothing for you. Nobody would
think of you in your position.
但是我…
But me…
有位记者想采访我
And now some journalist has called
to ask me for an interview.
关于什么?
About what?
北约
NATO.
那是正常的采访,可以接受,你拒绝了?
That’s perfectly innocent. Give it to him.
Did you refuse?
没有,我答应了
No. I said I would.
很聪明
Very intelligent.
雅克,要是德弗罗知道…
Jacques, if Devereaux
has information
我想他应该从俄♥罗♥斯♥变节者那里了解到了
from the Russian defector
that I think he has,
现在必须阻止他调查
he must be stopped now.
相信我
Believe me.
唔,你真残忍♥
Hmm! How bloodthirsty you are.
德弗罗死了? 只一个寡妇悲伤?
What, Devereaux dead?
A grieving widow?
可还有官员调查?
And an official investigation?
我不想表现得没有耐心,但是我… 我在等一位客人
I hate to seem impatient,
but I’m expecting a visitor.
你会想出好办法的
You can find your way out.
我接受采访后可以给你电♥话♥吗?
Shall I call you
after the interview?
大约几点?
What time will it be?
九点钟
9200.
结束后给我电♥话♥
Call me afterwards.
谢谢你能来
Thank you for coming.
我为什么不能来?我是自♥由♥之身
Why shouldn’t I come?
I’m a free woman.
晚上好,我是弗朗索瓦·皮卡
Good evening. Francois Picard.
你早到了
You’re early.
我们约了8:30
We said 8:30.
不是,是9:00
No, we said 9:00.
哦,很抱歉,要是你不方便的话…
I’m very sorry. If it
inconveniences you…
不,进来,既然来了就进来吧
No, come in. Come in,
as long as you’re here.
谢谢
Thank you.
请坐
Sit down.
谢谢
Thank you.
要喝点什么?
Could I give you something?
不,谢谢
No, thanks.
首先,感谢你允许我进来
First, I want to thank you
for permitting me to come.
别客气,你们的报社很不错
Don’t mention it. Yours
is a very good newspaper.
不像那些…
Not like some of these…
但是我不太清楚你想要谈些什么
But I don’t know exactly
what you want of me.
没什么特别的
Nothing extraordinary.
我正在申请加入到北约的工作中去
I’m just inquiring into
the workings of NATO,
而且你是北约组织的一位高级官员
and since you’re one
of the top officials…
在我们谈话时我可以为你画素描吗?
Do you mind if I sketch
you while we talk’?
这是我的一个专长,采访时为受访者画素描
It’s one of my specialties, to
sketch the people I’m interviewing.
报纸喜欢这样
The newspaper likes it.
请便
Go ahead.
好的
Okay.
请放松,贾尔先生
Just relax, Monsieur Jarre.
我很放松
I am relaxed.
很好
Good.
我只是在想你准备问我些什么问题
I only wonder what
questions you want to ask.
很简单
They are very simple.
例如,你是北约的政务官
For example, you’re a
civilian official of NATO.
你的权力和军事官比哪个更大?
How does your authority
compare with the military?
北约官员权利的大小…
The importance of people in
NATO has nothing to do with
和他们是否穿制♥服♥没有关系
whether they wear
a uniform or not.
很好
Very good.
你是其中的一位决策者
Then you are among those
who make the decisions.
对,当然
Yes, of course.
即使是军事方面的决策?
Even if they are military?
军事通常要服从于政♥治♥…
Military considerations are
always subject to politics
还有,呃,国与国之间的关系
and the relations
between countries.
我明白了
I see.
所以你可以看到他们的决策文件
And so you have access to all
decisions that are made,
无论是关于军事的还是政♥治♥的?
military as well as political?
我没有这么说
I did not say that.
我想你假设得太多了
I’m afraid you assumed too much.
非常抱歉
I’m very sorry.
但是我们可以假设,对吗?
But we can assume, can’t
we, that in your position,
在你的位置,你有权看绝密文件?
you’ve access to
confidential files?
很抱歉
I beg your pardon.
我不认为这对你有什么价值
I don’t see how that can
be of interest to you.
哦,贾尔先生
Oh, Monsieur Jane,
我们报纸的读者会对这些很感兴趣的
the readers of our newspaper
find such things fascinating.
对于他们来说,知道像你这样的政务官…
For them, to know that
a civilian like you
有权看军事机密…
can have access to
military secrets…
你不能报道我有权看军事机密
You cannot print that I have
access to military secrets.
即使这是真的,但这是机密信息
Even if it were true, it would
be classified information.
真遗憾
What a shame.
但你之前说…
But you said before…
我说的是我协助做决策
I said that I help
make decisions.
那不一样
That is different.
好,这样很糟糕
Okay. It’s too bad.
但是,先生,报纸的规矩是不能过于沉闷
But you see, sir, it is a rule for
a newspaperman not to be dull.
我当然可以报道你每天都会
Surely I can print that
files marked “top secret”
审阅标有”高度机密”的文件
cross your desk every day.
为什么你抓住这一点不放?
Why do you stay on this subject?
你想知道些什么?
What are you trying to find out?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!