他可能会成功
He might have a chance.
有人告诉我妮可离开了他
Someone told me
Nicole has left him.
是的
Yes.
很难堪
Very rough.
这是个坏消息
It’s sad for me.
从战争开始时候我们就很亲密
We’ve been close since our
days together in the war.
我们三个是这样的
The three of us,
we were like this.
人们都很好奇她会嫁给安德烈还是我
People wondered which she
would marry, Andre or me.
最终她嫁给了安德烈
She married Andre.
让我先申明一下
Let me understand something.
不能让高层知道我们和安德烈在一起
Nobody up high is to know
that we are here with Andre.
不然的话,我只好离开
Otherwise,
I shall have to leave.
可以理解,吉恩,你不必顾虑这一点
It is understood, Jean. You
have nothing to be afraid of.
哦,我不是顾虑,这是外交礼节
I am not afraid. It’s
a matter of protocol.
他还没有见将军
He has not seen
the director general.
就是的
That is true.
对我而言,我不认为我们能帮上什么忙
And for myself, I don’t
see how we can help.
雅克,当你和贾尔谈时… 呃,他来了
Jacques, when you spoke to Jarre…
Ah! Here he is.
– 下午好 – 下午好
Good afternoon. Good afternoon.
对不起,我来晚了。安德烈,你还好吗?
I’m sorry I’m late.
Andre, how are you?
很高兴你能来,亨利
ANDRE: I’m glad you came, Henri.
很好,人到齐了
Good. We are all here.
大家请坐
Let’s sit down.
现在,事情很严重…对于安德烈来说
Now, this is a serious
matter for Andre.
很严重
Very grave.
另外,他希望我们给他一些建议…
And he has asked us to give
him whatever advice we can
在他见将军以前
before he faces
the director general.
这不是将军的问题
It is not so much
the director general.
他需要提防整个调查委员会
It is the whole board of inquiry
he has to look out for.
我没什么可以告诉他们的
There is nothing
I can tell them.
废话,你为美国人去了一趟古巴
Nonsense. You went to Cuba on
a mission for the Americans.
你为他们收集了一些情报,那是事实
You obtained certain information for them.
That’s true.
是的
Yes.
而你却拒绝把情报递交给自己的政♥府♥
And you refuse to pass it
on to your own government.
我不能这么做,请相信我
I cannot, my friends.
Believe me.
为什么?
Why not?
因为政♥府♥里有告密者
Because there are
leaks in our government,
我不知道是谁
and I don’t know where they are.
我必须要离开
I think I must go.
别,吉恩,坐下
No, Jean, stay.
没有人会说出去的,我保证
No one will be compromised,
I promise you.
安德烈,做人一方面要有原则
Andre, to be a man of
principle is one thing,
另一方面,不应该因为原则而丢了性命
but a man doesn’t cut
his throat on principle.
我并不想把命给丢了
I have no desire
to cut my throat.
那么告诉我们,你的朋友们,这正是我们来的原因
CLAUDE: Then tell us, your friends.
That’s why we’re here.
明智些吧,安德烈,我们想尽力帮你的
Be reasonable, Andre.
We are trying to help you.
安德烈,我们真想帮你
Yes, my friends. Slowly. Slowly.
让安德烈用自己的方式慢慢说
Let Andre tell us
in his own way.
你们有谁在工作中有任何关于…
Have any of you, in your
official work, had any hint
一个叫黄宝石的间谍组织线索吗?
of a spy ring called Topaz?
没有吗?
No?
什么样的间谍组织
What kind of a ring?
有很多法国人,我们面临的问题是,
There’s a number of Frenchmen,
compatriots of ours,
包括高层人物
high in official circles,
为苏联做事
working for the Soviet Union.
我得走
I go.
吉恩,坐下,我需要你
Jean, sit down. I need you.
我和间谍没有任何关系
I have nothing to do with spies.
我想把他们查出来
I’m concerned
with exposing them.
简直是童话故事
This is a fairy tale.
你是怎么知道这个间谍组织的
How do you know about
this ring of spies?
美国人手上有一个俄♥罗♥斯♥变节者,克格勃的高层
The Americans have a Russian
defector high in KGB.
我们知道
We know that.
是的,众所周知
Yes, that is known.
我见过他,和他谈过话
I saw him. I was allowed
to talk to him.
是他告诉我的
He told me.
叫黄宝石的间谍组织?
A spy ring called Topaz?
是的
ANDREI Yes.
变节者的名字叫什么?
What is the name
of the defector?
鲍里斯·库舍诺夫
Boris Kusenov.
但是,安德烈,那不可能
But, Andre, that’s not possible.
为什么?
Why?
和你谈话的克格勃的官员
The KGB official
of whom you speak,
鲍里斯·库舍诺夫死了一年多了
Boris Kusenov, has been
dead for over a year.
在美国的那个显然
This man who has been
planted on the Americans
是一个双重间谍
is obviously a double agent.
他欺骗了美国人…也欺骗了你
And he has taken in the Americans,
and he has taken in you.
你怎么知道的?
How do you know that?
你怎么会这么想?
What makes you think that?
这是记录显示的
It’s a matter of record.
我的档案里有
I have it in my file.
除非我叫你,不然你不该来这儿
You know you’re not supposed
to come here unless I ask you.
我给你办公室打了一下午的电♥话♥
I’ve been calling your
office all afternoon.
我甚至打了这儿的
I even called this number.
我正和我亲爱的妻子在一起
I was with my dear wife.
她想为我的研究买♥♥一幅新的画作
She wants to buy me a new
painting for my study.
很抱歉打扰了你的私人生活
I apologize for this
invasion of your privacy.
你为什么同意德弗罗让我参加那次午餐?
Why did you permit Devereaux
to include me at that lunch?
要不然的话,他会怀疑的
If I had not,
he would have wondered.
如果你不去,他会更加怀疑
If you had not come, he
would have wondered more.
但是他知道,你可以看得出来他知道我些什么
But he knew. You could see
that he knew about me.
不,他还不肯定
No. He wasn’t sure.
他只是想查出来
He was trying to find out.
至于你,起初表现得很好
And you, who behaved
so well at the beginning,
可是后来干了一件很蠢的事
then did something extremely foolish.
你说俄♥罗♥斯♥的变节者已经死了
You said that the Russian
defector was dead.
使他动摇,让他停止调查
It shook him. It stopped him.
就是现在,他正在和美国人查证
For the moment. By now, he’s
checking with the Americans.
到了明天
By tomorrow,
他就会知道我们在说谎
he will know that we are lying.
我们该怎么办?
What will we do?
什么也别做
Nothing.
给你一些舒缓紧张的解药吧
Let me give you something
to settle your nerves.
来杯白兰地?