CLARKSON: I know it sounds silly but once you go
但当你驾驶一辆马力超过500-550的跑车时,你会变得更慢
beyond 500-550 horsepower,you end up driving the car more slowly.
听起来很奇怪但确是事实
It’s weird but it’s true.
从没有人做过这样愚蠢的事情
Never has there been a more stark example of
竟然拿着菜刀去参加枪战
bringing a knife to a gunfight.
保时捷在这条赛道上,我能保证每一圈都把它牢牢的留在赛道内
The Porsche, around here,I’m absolutely pinning it everywhere.
它不会让我觉得难以驾驭和紧张,驾驶它很轻松
It doesn’t worry me,it’s not frightening, it’s easy.
而那货,就…
That thing, though…
好吧,走着瞧
Well, we shall see.
我的话会得到证明,而哈蒙德会对着镜头说“我爱詹姆斯·梅”
My case will be proven and he will be saying, “I love James May.”
我看见了270公里的时速
That’s 270 I saw there.
他不会看见这么惊人的数字
He won’t see anything like that.

Oh.
我听见了小矮人靠近终点线的声音
I hear the sound of an approaching midget.
全油门
Fully on the power.
准备,保持…
Ready, steady…
冲线!
And across the line!
2分14秒8
Two minutes, 14.8.
我们通常管这叫2分15秒
We’ll call it 2:15.
接下来轮到Cayman登场
Then it was the Cayman’s turn.
(意大利语)
(SPEAKING ITALIAN)
说实话,我对此一点也不感到高兴
Really, I am taking no pleasure in this.
但他需要在此上一课
But he does need to learn a lesson,
你不能以个人喜好来判断一辆车的好坏
that you can’t just go making stupid claims about a car
这简直太愚蠢了
just ’cause you like it.
不,说真的,对于那辆车…我只需要用一个煮蛋计时器
No, seriously, that thing round…I could be using an egg timer.
他怎么会认为他能靠那辆车击败我?
How does he imagine he can possibly make up enough time?
不管他认为他的技术有多好
No matter how good he thinks he is in it.
显然,他不可能…算了
Clearly, it’s not going to… Anyway.
-你说啥?-你!
-You what? -Mate!
你怎么在…你不是在…
Where… Why aren’t you…
我没说过我去开车
I didn’t say I’d be driving it.
那谁在开那辆车?
Well, who is?
据说开车的是Stig,事实确实如此
Well, some say it’s The Stig, and it is.
你什么时候说过我要开车了吗?没有
Did you at any point say I had to drive it? No.
你什么时候有说过你会用Stig了吗?
Did you at any point say you were going to use The Stig?
你为什么不用呢?
Why would you not?
因为我认为不论从哪个角度来看
Because I think in every possible definition,
在任何规则下,你这都是作弊行为
in every set of rules, it’s cheating.
噢,他来了
Oh, here he is.
哈蒙德:2分13秒2
HAMMOND: 2:13:2.
-2分13秒2. -是的
-2:13:2. -Yes.
你的成绩是2分14秒8. 所以Stig比你快一点几…
You were 2:14:8. So he’s one point…
所以,各位看见了,女士们先生们,保时捷,正如我说的那样
So, there you are, ladies and gentlemen,the Porsche is, as I said,
比(¥#……%#)…要快
faster than the, uh…(MOCKINGLY) Huayra.
所以它是更好的选择
And therefore was a more sensible choice of car.
-不。是Stig比我快。-什么?
-No. The Stig is faster than me.-What?
但Stig在没有爆♥炸♥的情况下,会比任何人都快
But The Stig is faster than everyone,that’s the point of The Stig,
这是Stig的问题
if he wasn’t he’d explode.
克拉克森:当我们开着奔驰和法拉利离开蒙扎之后
CLARKSON: As we left Monza in the Mercedes and the Ferrari,
团队气氛变得很阴沉
the mood was glum.
这个大骗子
It’s cheating.
克拉克森:但第二天早晨,当我们发现留宿小镇的名字时
CLARKSON: The next morning, however,Hammond cheered up
哈蒙德还是高兴了起来
when he discovered the name of the town where we’d stayed the night.
(窃笑)(BRA-女性内衣简写)
(BOTH SNIGGERING)
从Bra到法国南部里维埃拉
From Bra to the French Riviera,
我们可以走高速公路
we could’ve used the motorway.
但我们决定另走一条
But we decided instead
世界上最棒的
to use the finest switchback roads
盘山公路
in the world.
这就意味着
This meant ditching the Mercedes
我们将再次抛弃奔驰和法拉利
and the Ferrari
重新选车来面对接下来的挑战
and opting for these instead.
在这样的道路上
On a road like this,
你需要一辆身形小巧的高性能掀背钢炮
you need something small,you need a hot hatchback.
如果你选择一辆小钢炮
And if you’re going to get a hot hatchback,
有什么理由不选择其中的王者?
why not get the king? This one.
高尔夫GTI
The Golf GTI.
我喜欢第一代GTI
I loved the Mk1
并且16气门的第二代GTI也不错
and the 16-valve Mk2 wasn’t bad, either.
但是自那以后…我意思是虽然后继车型也不错
But since then…I mean, they weren’t bad
但那种魔力消失了
but the magic went missing.
在这辆车上,第七代GTI,那种魔力又回来了
With this one, though, the Mk7,it is back.
这辆车能干任何事
This car can do everything.
工艺精湛,价格合理
It’s well made, it’s sensibly priced.
也很环保,配置丰富
It’s economical, it’s well-equipped.
有五个座位,还有一个大后备箱
It seats five, it’s got a big boot.
但是抛开所有这一切,在外表之下
But strip all that away and underneath,
它的本质是一辆高性能掀背跑车
its DNA is hot hatchery.
(轮胎啸叫)
(TYRES SCREECHING)
两升涡轮增压引擎,220匹马力
Two-litre turbo engine, 220 horsepower
没有扭矩转向的状况发生
and no torque steer.
看看这个。大力制动,切入回头弯
Now, watch this. Foot hard down,going around a hairpin bend.
惊为天人
It’s just astonishing.
这车的前差速器性能超乎你想象
The front diff on this is beyond belief.
哇呜!天啊,感觉真不错
Whoa! God, this is good.
这回他又选错了车
He’s got it wrong again.
高尔夫GTI,确实是辆不错的车
The Golf GTI, it’s a brilliant car,
可能是世界上最好的全能型车
it’s probably the best all-rounder in the world.
但是…有一点
But that’s… That’s the point,
实际你并不需要全能车
an all-rounder is exactly what you don’t need.
全能就意味着某些地方不可避免地作出妥协
An all-rounder is inevitably compromised.
我想要的只是一辆纯粹的钢炮
I just want pure distilled essence of hot hatch.
这意味着只有一款车适合我
And that means only one thing right now.
福特嘉年华ST
The Fiesta ST.
当福特顺利地制♥造♥出这款车时
When Ford put this car together,they assembled all the right bits
他们或许会想:“没错,这会是辆很棒的车”
and thought, “Yeah, I reckon that would be good.”
我猜他们不会想到
I don’t think they could possibly have known
这款车会成为多受追捧的一台小钢炮
quite how good it was going to turn out to be,
因为它太惊人了
because it’s astonishing.
它确实比高尔夫GTI少了点马力
It’s down on power compared to the Golf, yes.
但是它更小巧,这就意味着它更运动
But it’s smaller, that’s more hot hatch.
并且也更轻
And it’s lighter,
这就说明它的推重比和高尔夫不分伯仲
which means the power-to-weight ratio is pretty much the same.
并且它十分灵活
And it’s beyond nimble.
你随意给它一个转向
You start to just take liberties with it.
走出一条较宽的行车线
Deliberately running a line a little bit wide,
你会很兴奋地再把它给拽回来
so you get the pleasure of turning it back in.
(兴奋的笑)
(LAUGHS)
这感觉太棒了
It’s superb.
这是我所驾驶过全世界最棒的小钢炮
It’s the biggest grin-maker I think the world has ever seen.
在接下来的一个小村里,不可避免的
In the next village, though, inevitably,
杰瑞米决定寻摸点食物
Jeremy decided we should get something to eat.
你为啥不享用你的午餐
Why aren’t you eating your lunch?
我不喜欢蒜泥
I don’t like pesto.
-什么?-我不喜欢蒜泥
-What?-I don’t like pesto.
-为什么?-这只是一滩浆糊而已
-Why not?-It’s just bits.
克拉克森:还有一个更好的理由解释为什么我们需要停下来
CLARKSON: There was, however,a very good reason why we’d stopped.
你必须说出那句话。你打赌输了,要认赌服输
You’ve got to say it.You lost the bet, you’ve got to say it.
我不要说那句话
I’m not saying it.
你必须说出那句话
You’ve got to say it.
我正大光明的赢了你。保时捷比你快
I beat you fair and square.The Porsche was faster.
-这不公平。你作弊了。-说出那句话
-It wasn’t fair. You cheated.-Say it.
(喃喃细语)
(MOUTHING)
什么?
What?
(含糊其辞)
(MUMBLING)
(咳嗽)…詹姆斯·梅
(COUGHING) …James May.
-说完了。-不行。要说清楚
-There.-No. Say it so it’s audible.
我…爱詹姆斯·梅
I…love James May.
克拉克森:干完了正事,我们回到了各自的车上
CLARKSON: With that done,we got back in our cars.
当你想象身处美国旅行时,你会自然的想到纪念碑山谷

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!