What can possibly go wrong with that?
能出什么意外?
As it turned out,absolutely everything.
虽然后来发生的事谁也想不到
But for now, we were heading once more for Chile and Punta Arenas.
但现在,我们再次前往智利的蓬塔阿雷纳斯
And, after many miles of being bounced around,
走了很长一段地狱般的路程
the Porsche developed another fault.
保时捷出了新问题
As you can probably hear,my sunroof has partially opened
正如各位听到的一样,我的顶棚已经打开
and won’t close again!
显然关不上了
And because I’m driving into the wind, it’s quite loud in here!
而且现在风很大,所以风噪也很大
Oh, God. Please!
天啊,别这样!
Eventually, though, I came up with an ingenious solution.
最终我想到一个天才的解决办法
Yes, this has solved the problem.
是的,完美解决
If you’ve just joined us…
如果你刚打开电视…
Oh, I can’t explain.
我无法解释
It has slightly impeded our progress,
你这么干有点拖慢进度了
if you don’t mind me saying.
请允许我这么说
He is going to be a little bit surprised,
后面那哥们对我们感到奇怪
this chap overtaking our convoy.
他要超车了
But, um… sorry.
但是…抱歉
Soon we reached the border post,where I mended my sunroof
很快我们到了边境,我开始修车顶
and Hammond did his thang with the back of his Mustang.
而哈蒙德迫不及待和野马秀起恩爱
Then, we were back in Chile.
然后,我们又回到智利
I’ve just passed the most fantastic road sign.
我刚刚经过一块奇妙的路牌
It said Fin del Mundo.
上面写着Fin del Mundo
The End of the World.
世界尽头的意思
We’re heading for the end of the world.
我们正在接近世界的尽头
‘Eventually, our brilliant,wonderful, magical cars
最终,我们伟大又神奇的座驾
reached the port of Punta Arenas,
抵达了蓬塔阿雷纳斯
and before boarding the ferry to Tierra del Fuego,
在登上前往火地岛的渡轮之前
‘we decided to buy some things for our football stadium.’
我们决定采购些建造球场的材料
Pies, beer, goalposts,corner posts, a trophy.
馅饼,啤酒,门柱,脚杆,奖杯
And we need three or four former footballers
再请几位前球员
in a studio to talk about the football.
来做现场解说
‘In the town centre,we split up to do shopping.
到了镇中心,我们分头采购
I don’t really want to get out of the car if I can avoid it,
我要尽量避免下车
because I’ve got a bad back.
因为背还疼着
This looks like the sales assistant.
这位看起来像销♥售♥人员
The man says this isn’t real grass,it’s synthetic. You’d never know.
店员说这是人造草皮,不是真的。看得出么
Sorry.
抱歉
Goal!
进球!
Right, what else do I need?
好的,看看还要买♥♥啥
BLEEP.
XX
‘Soon our shopping trip was complete.
很快采购完成
Corner flags, got the box,cement, hammer, good.
角旗,盒子,粘合剂,锤子,很好
Astroturf, beer, beer, beer.
人工草皮,啤酒、啤酒、啤酒
What is this?
这是个啥玩意?
Oh, this? This, gentlemen,is magnificent. That’s what it is.
噢,这个?这个,先生们,是最重要的东西。是的
This is the trophy that will be presented to the winning team
这是我们将要颁给比赛冠军球队的
after our game of football.
奖杯
It is striking,and I’m very glad it’s the trophy,
太耀眼了,我很庆幸这是奖杯
because for one second I thought it was your present to me.
刚看见的那一刻我还以为这是你给我买♥♥的礼物
Actually, I have actually bought you a present.
实际上我真给你买♥♥了礼物
It’s… I know where we’re going is very cold
是个…我知道你很冷
so you’ll need to stay warm,so I’ve got you that. Um…
所以为了给你带来温暖,我买♥♥了这个送你。呃…
Oh, I say. Oh, thank you very much.
噢,好吧。呃,非常感谢
Richard and I had also bought James something.
理查德和我也给詹姆士买♥♥了礼物
To remind you of this extraordinary trip that we have been on.
为了纪念你这次意义非凡的旅程
What?
啥?
Oh, seriously, that’s…Cos we know you love horses.
噢,这真是…我们知道你喜欢马
Oh,thanks, lads. I’ve got a warm glow.
噢,谢了,伙计。我买♥♥了双暖和的手套
‘With the trophy loaded up…’
把奖杯装上车
Oh, yeah. Careful, careful.
噢,好了。慢点,慢点
we headed for the port.
我们前往港口
Right, the ferry.
好的,渡轮
And what a fine-looking craft she is.
多漂亮的一艘船
As the captain was keen to catch the tide,
当船长密切注视潮汐变化时
‘Clarkson and I boarded quickly.
克拉克森和我快速登船
However…
然而…
No, he’s got…
不,他…
No, you’ve blown that before you’ve even started, James.
还没出发,詹姆士就快搞砸了
This trailer is really badly behaved. Why won’t it…
这拖车很不好控制。为啥它不…
No. Oh, it’s a bit…It’s S-ing a bit.
不。噢,有点…方向歪了
Now, if you caught it now… No.
快撞上了…不
No.

All these people, lorry drivers…
所有船员,卡车司机…
wondering why there’s a delayed departure.
都在想为什么发船延迟了
Yes, yes. Yes. This is it. Yes.
好的,好的。保持。好的
James, take it…No, slowly, slowly.
詹姆士,注意…不,慢点,慢点
James, slowly left hand down,left hand down.
詹姆士,慢点,向左偏了,向左偏了
He’s crashed into the boat. Yeah.
要撞上船了,是的
‘With darkness falling and the tide all wrong, James finally made it.
当夜幕降临,潮汐变得很不规律,詹姆士终于搞定了
Yeah, you see…
很好,不错…
Well done, mate. That was tremendous.
干的不错,伙计。漂亮
Really, really the best hour and a half entertainment
确实,确实给我们带来了很大欢乐
I’ve had in a long time.
拖了这么久
You seen that?
看见了吗?
That is the southernmost tip of the American continent.
这就是南美大♥陆♥的最南端
Right there.
瞧啊
It’s a significant spot on the globe,isn’t it, this? It is.
这是地球上一处意义非凡的地方,对吧?没错
It was not the most comfortable voyage in history
这不是一趟舒适的航程
but we forgot all about that the next morning, when the sunrise
但我们很快就忘却了这一切
revealed the spectacular islands of Tierra del Fuego.
当朝阳初升,我们被火地岛的景色彻底征服了
However, there was a problem.
但随后,问题又来了
For political reasons,we can’t go to Ushuaia on this boat.
由于政♥治♥因素,这船不能直达乌斯怀亚
What sort of political reasons?
什么政♥治♥因素?
Well, all these islands here belong to Chile, OK,
因为,这些岛归属智利
but Argentina think they’re theirs.No! I know!
但阿根廷人认为这些岛是他们的。不是吧!是的
But anyway, let’s not get bogged down with that.
但先不要管这些东西
The captain’s very kindly said he’ll drop us here,
船长友善的告诉我们他能把咱放到那
and then there’s a track – can you see?
有条路 – 看见了么?
Oh, yeah, there it is, look.
噢,是的,瞧见了
That goes down there, to Ushuaia.
那条路直通乌斯怀亚
Sadly, for geological reasons,the ferry couldn’t dock at the track.
但由于地形,渡轮不能直接停靠
So the captain dropped us off a mile down the beach.
于是船长把我们扔在了一英里远的沙滩上
Here we go.
开始登陆
James May is on Tierra del Fuego.
詹姆斯·梅登上了火地岛
I claim this land for Norfolk,and name it Lotus Beach.
我宣布这里归属诺福克郡,并命名此地为莲花海滩
Oh, yes!
噢,很好!
Yea-eah! We are going to Ushuaia.
耶!我们快到乌斯怀亚了
Cock.

Er, chaps, the Lotus is beached on Lotus Beach.
伙计们,莲花车陷进了莲花海滩
Oh, good, that’s a massive hole!
噢,这坑好大
If we take this off and smash it to pieces, we can use the slats…
如果把这玩意劈成木板,我们就能用上它…
Yeah. To make a sort of sand ladder in front of him to get him up
是的。当做防滑板把它弄出来
and out of this. I bought a pickaxe –
我有把铁锄
it’s in there somewhere – which is excellent. There it is, in fact.
放在哪了 – 很好用。找到了
Right, if you do the ropes, ready? Hang on, hang on.
好的,拉开绳子,准备好了?等等,等等
Hang on, hang on, hang on,hang on, hang on.
等等,等等,等等,等等
Take it out of the trailer before you…
先拿出来再劈…
No, no – why would I do that? This is the right height.
不,为啥拿出来?这高度正合适
Yeah, but you can… Hold on, hold on…
是的,但你…等等,等等…
That’s the wrong tool for the…Stop. You can lever it.
这工具不对…停下。把盖子拿走
Still got the plastic protector on the end of the pickaxe. Oh, yeah.
有个塑料套在上面。哦,好了
I’m not… Aha!
我不…啊!
You’re just breaking the slats up.Now you can’t use it.
你就敲掉几片木屑。木板也完蛋了
If you jam… If you put it on the ground and jam the prong in there,
如果你…如果把它铺在地上插上杆子
you can lever them up and lever them off. Exactly.
你会掀翻它们。没错
Well, that’s it, then – I’m not helping. I’ve done all I can do.
算了 – 我不帮忙了。我做了所能做的
THAT isn’t going to really help.
这叫帮倒忙
I decided to leave them to it and go on ahead.
我决定不管他们先上路
What an absolute…
这个混…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!