Hello and welcome to the second part of the Top Gear Christmas Special,
大家好,欢迎收看Top Gear圣诞特辑下集部分
the part where…
这集内容…
it all goes wrong.
出了点状况
As you probably saw in the first programme, we were doing
如各位上集所知
an homage to the V8, driving all the way across Patagonia,
我们向V8引擎致敬,一路穿越巴塔哥尼亚
from the town of Bariloche here,
从巴里洛切
on our way to Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego.
前往火地岛的乌斯怀亚
Now Ushuaia is the city from which the battleship Belgrano sailed
乌斯怀亚这座小城源自马岛战争中
on its final voyage at the beginning of the Falklands War,
贝尔格拉诺号♥战舰最后一次起航的地点
and as a result of that,the British are not…
因此英国在当地的名声…
overly popular down there.
不怎么好
In a bid to build bridges,we were planning to build a stadium
为了消融两国的坚冰,我们计划在当地建一座球场
when we got there, and play an Argentinian team at car football.
和阿根廷队来场友谊的汽车足球赛
However, there was a problem.
然而,事与愿违
Someone on an Argentinian website
一些阿根廷网友发现
noticed that the car I was driving sported the number plate H982 FKL
我们的车牌号♥码有H982 FKL的字样
and they wondered if perhaps this was a reference
于是好事者开始脑补我们是在
to the 1982 Falklands War.
暗喻1982年的马岛战争
Now we’d been made aware of the issue shortly after we arrived
抵达阿根廷之后我们马上意识到了这一问题
in Argentina but there was nothing really we could do.
然而时间仓促我们也毫无办法
I mean, you can’t just change a car’s number plates.
我意思是不能换个车牌草草了事
We did, however, develop a plan that would solve the issue
但我们也制定了一套
when we arrived in Ushuaia.
抵达乌斯怀亚后的解决方案
Unfortunately, as you will see at the end of what follows,
不幸的是,在本集结尾各位会看到
we were never given the chance.
我们没机会办到了
1,600 miles
1600英里(2575英里)
in a Lotus?
用莲花?
Petrified forests, mysterious lakes.This is all very odd.
化石丛林,神秘的湖泊。一切都那么诡异
Not looking, not looking,not looking, not looking.
别看外面,别看外面,别看外面,别看外面
Ow!
嗷!
Oh.

I think Hammond really loves that Mustang.
我觉得哈蒙德爱死他的野马了
Ow!
嗷!
I’ve lost another gear.
又一个档位挂了
It’s your route, it’s your route.This road, it’s killing the car!
你的破路线,毁了我的车!
The dashboard is a Christmas tree and the car has stopped.
故障灯全亮了,车熄火了
It’s dead. The Porsche is dead.
保时捷完了
It’s all very well being rude about the people of Norfolk
虽然诺福克郡人做事很粗糙
but so far they seem to have built the best car.
但他们确实造了一辆很棒的车
If you’ll say, “Jeremy, your car is not boring,” I will give you a tow.
如果你说“杰瑞米,你的车一点也不无趣”我就拉你出来
I know who it is.
我知道他是谁
That’s their idea of a comedy back-up car.
这就是他们给咱准备的备用车
I couldn’t do that. Could you do that? How can they do that?
我做不到。你做得到吗?他们怎么做到的?
Stop doing Butch Cassidy things,please. Not now.
别再扯电影了
Why have you fitted my car with a brake light on the dashboard?
为什么给我仪表台装刹车灯?
Every bone in their crotches.
我要敲断你们身上的
That’s what I’m going to break.
每根骨头
We began day six in Argentina on yet another
旅程第六天,我们继续着
one of Patagonia’s endless gravel roads.
永无止境的碎石路
70 miles now and I haven’t seen a corner or another car.
走了70英里连个鬼都没碰到
70 miles.
70英里
Mustang country.
野马的天堂
As this was quite monotonous, I decided we should do some cornering.
由于太单调,我决定找点乐子
So I hatched a plan.
于是我想到个主意
You know what this is, don’t you?
知道这是什么地方吗?
Dried-up lakebed. Yeah, it is.
干涸的湖泊
It WAS a dried-up lakebed.
没错
I see it now as a racetrack.
在我眼里却是条赛道
Yeah.
聪明
We could replicate any track in the world here, and we shall.
我们能把世上任意一条赛道复♥制♥到这
I therefore decided to make a carbon copy
于是我决定把我的最爱
of our favourite circuit,
复♥制♥过来
Imola.
伊莫拉
So here we go – this is the Tamburello I’m making, here.
开始画圈 – 这里是坦布雷诺弯
It’s a long, sweeping left-hander.
一个又长又大的左手弯
Through the “S”s, like so.Lovely job.
然后是S弯,像这样。漂亮
That’s a lovely corner, there.I’ve just made a lovely corner.
漂亮的弯道,我刚完成了一个完美的弯道
Right, good.
很好
The track is made.
赛道完成
I must confess, the finished product looked more like a placenta
必须承认,虽然最终作品像个胎盘
than Imola, but we were all looking forward to staging
但我们更期待
the inaugural V8 desert marathon.’
V8在这里的表现
I’m going to turn petrol into dust and noise.
我要好好飙一把
In three… How many laps?
跑3…跑几圈?
50? Many.
50圈?很多圈
Let’s do 100.
那就100圈
In three, two, one.
3、2、1
Hit it.
开始
Short shifting into second.
切二档
And into third, and already my lead is commanding and excellent.
挂三档,已经拉开了领先距离
You BLEEP!
你这XX!
They think you’re all boring.
他们说你乏味
Whoa, you’re not boring now!
哇噢,你现在生龙活虎!
Oh, ho, ho, ho!
嚯嚯嚯嚯!
Oh, I’m on the inside of James, here.
噢,我卡住了詹姆士的内线
Sod it. Ah!
该死!
Hammond is going like a crazy man.
哈蒙德像个疯子似的
Go on, Stang, go on, fella.
冲啊,野马!
Whoo-hoo, that was a… Ah!
唔,这是…啊!
That way’s… Oh, no – I’ve gone wrong!
这个弯是…噢不 – 我走错了!
Heroic manoeuvre from the mighty Mustang.
野马又一次漂亮的超越
That is James May coming through.
詹姆斯·梅赶上来了
Argh! Damn and blast!
呃!该死!
Got him.
咬住了
Oh, no!
哦不!
In the next half hour,there were more overtaking moves
接下来半小时里发生的超车次数
than you get in a whole season of Formula 1.
比F1过去一整年的还多
It was brilliant.
太棒了
Hammond and I are…
哈蒙德和我
Yes, we are side by side.
并驾齐驱
The most almighty battle.Like gladiators, but a bit fatter.
激动人心的战斗,就像角斗士,只是胖了点
Oh, really wide.
太宽阔了
Yep, that is a Lotus Esprit – famed throughout the world
是的,莲花精灵糟糕的可靠性
for being one of the most unreliable cars ever made.
世界闻名
And look at it.
但大家看啊
Oh, nicely done.
干的漂亮
I can’t see anything. Wah!
什么也看不见了。啊!
This is an endurance race.
这是场拉力赛
That’s what you need to remember.because the Mustang will break.
各位应该知道,野马迟早会抛锚
And sure enough…
果不其然…
Ooh, that was a…
噢,不…
Argh! Argh!
啊啊!
‘I called a halt before anything else went wrong.
我立即要求暂停比赛以防再出意外
‘But it already had.’
但意外还是出了
Oh, my God.
哦天
Things you want in your carburettor – fuel, air and that’s it.
化油器里 – 应该只存在汽油和空气
You don’t want rocks.
你不想在里面瞧见石头
Well, it was definitely time to stop.
好吧,终止比赛
Yeah. Draw, shall we call it a draw? Yes. We can call it a draw. Yes.
算平手怎么样?好的,不分胜负
Do you remember where the road was?
谁记得我们从哪条路过来的?
Which side did we come onto the lake? That side, I think.
我们从哪来的?那边,我猜
No, we didn’t. We came from that side. No, we didn’t.
不。我们从那边来的。不
We had the hills to our right,so I still think it’s over there.
来时右边有座山,所以应该是那边
Well, we didn’t drive over this stuff to get to the lake, did we?
我们没有疯到湖的另一边,对吗?
Yeah, but we could have been round it. I think we came in from there.
没错,但我们一直在绕圈。我猜咱是从那边过来的
‘Unable to agree,I put myself in charge
意见不一致,我又主动带头
‘and told the others to follow.’
让他们跟随我前进
I’m telling you, it’s back that way.
我说过应该朝那边走
I know he’s got the most brilliant sense of direction in the world…
我知道他有世界第一的方向感…(反话)
This was a mistake.
这是个错误

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!