Oh, no! I’ve lost second gear.
哦不!二档也没了
Still – could be worse.
但是,还有更坏的情况
What’s up?
咋了?
Driving along, the washers have suddenly gone on, wipers,
开着开着,雨刷突然自己工作,清洗液也喷了出来
and the engine has stopped.
引擎罢♥工♥了
I didn’t ask them to do that.
我没动它们
I’ve never, ever seen anything like that.
从没见过这种情况
Oh, the engine’s now back.That’s really weird.
引擎又着了。太奇葩了
Well, come on,let’s just keep going.
好吧、继续上路
It’ll run out of fluid eventually.
水总会喷完的
This is what happens when Hammond puts himself in charge.
这就是哈蒙德乱指挥的下场
It was amazing, it was like it was possessed.
太奇异了,像鬼上身似的
Jeremy Clarkson and his haunted Porsche.
杰瑞米·克拉克森和他灵异的保时捷
No, the dashboard is a Christmas tree and the car has stopped.
仪表板的故障灯全亮了,车又停了
Yeah, it’s dead. Porche’s dead.
又熄火了
BLEEP
xx
Hammond!
哈蒙德!
This road you chose has killed my Porsche.
你的路毁了我的车
I’m going to beat you to death with a bat.
我要宰了你
Why? What? If we’d have stayed in Chile…
怎么了?如果我们留在智利
Stop questioning my leadership.
不许质疑我的权威
That is not what is required in an emergency situation.
艰难时期这是必要措施
I’m driving along…
我开得好好的
I will deal with the responsibility.
我会负起责任的
And I dealt with it straight away.’
于是我立刻负起了责任
Uh…
呃…
By leaving.
直接开溜
Right, then. Follow me.
好的,跟上
As leader, I had no choice,
作为指挥官,我别无选择
and believe me, it’s a responsibility that…
相信我
It unsettles that I’ve got to leave a man in the field.
有时抛弃某些队员也是必要的
Now, that is a bit of a worry,to be honest,because the Porsche 928
现在我有点担心杰瑞米了,因为那辆保时捷
was notorious for having very complicated electrics
的电路复杂性众所周知
and for having a lot of electrical gremlins
其复杂性远远超出
once it got beyond a certain age.
它那个年代所能理解的范畴
Yeah, Jeremy’s chances of fixing that car? Um…
杰瑞米修好那辆车的几率?呃…
He did once wire his own speakers,
他确实曾给自己的音箱走过线
in the sense that he plugged them in at the back of stereo,
重新装回音箱的那种
at home, you know, when you get the little plugs, left and right.
家用小插头,分左右的那种
Mysteriously, without me doing anything at all
神奇的是,在啥也没做的情况下
the Porsche had come back to life,
保时捷又复活了
sort of.
勉强算是
OK, the wipers won’t turn off,the dials aren’t working,
好吧,雨刮停不下来,仪表板没用了
the heater isn’t working,the lights aren’t working –
加热器罢♥工♥,车灯也不亮了
but the mighty V8 is back in business!
但是V8还在坚持工作!
However, a mile later…
但一英里后…
Now the engine’s… Oh, Christ.What’s happened?
引擎…哦天啊,咋回事?
What is that?
啥情况?
I have the key! It’s off!
钥匙拔下来了!
The engine and the starter motor were both jammed on,
引擎和起动电机都还在运转
and they could only be shut down by disconnecting the battery.
只有拔掉蓄电池才让它们停了下来
The situation is a lot worse than I thought.
情况比我估计的还要糟
This is what the top of the shock absorber should look like.
这是减震器顶部正常的样子
And if you look on this side you can see it’s been punched
但你看这边,它已经顶穿了连接处
out of its mountings and has hit the wiring loom,
并且刺破了线束绝缘层
which is what has made the entire electrical system go haywire.
这导致整个电子系统混乱了
Now, I can fix the wiring loom,probably fix the shock absorber,
我能重新理线,修好减震器
but what damage has been caused to all the electrical components?
但整个电路损伤了多少?
I mean, do the lights work?
我意思是,车灯还能工作吗?
It’s half past two now.Five hours of daylight.
已经两点半了。还有五小时天黑
Meanwhile, further up the road,
与此同时,在远处
May was getting some bad news about that night’s accommodation.
梅就晚上住宿的问题和我吵了起来
Hang on, you’re not saying it’s a bloody campsite.
等等,你没说过晚上要露营
You’ve brought me on a crap road,worse than the one we were on.
你把我带到一条比智利更烂的路
We’ve got a car down,you’ve ruined the Lotus
其中一辆车也毁了,我的莲花也就剩半口气了
and at the end of this you want me to stay in a tent!
这还不算,你还想让我露宿野外!
You might find one of your tent poles is missing,
你睡到半夜可能会发现自己帐篷少了一根支柱
but don’t worry, I know where it is.
但别担心,我知道它在哪
I’ll have shoved it up your a…
我要把它插♥进♥你的…
Signal’s a bit dodgy this end at the moment, James,
我这的信♥号♥♥突然不好了,詹姆士
but I guess you got the message back there.
但我猜你的信♥号♥♥应该还不错
This is what Hammond’s road has done to the inside of my wiring loom,
这就是哈蒙德的路对我爱车干的好事
look at this, just look at that.
瞧瞧这里
It just looks like the inside of Steve Austin’s arm.
看起来就像史蒂夫·奥斯汀的胳膊
And they call me an orang-utan,
平时他们叫我大猩猩
they simply don’t know what they’re talking about.
他们并不知道我有一双多么巧的手
At the end of a miserable drive
经历了一整天痛苦的驾驶
I was now faced with an evening’s tenting.
我又要面对晚上搭帐篷的考验
A whole day driving on a terrible road, wrecking my car,
一整天噩梦般的驾驶,毁了我的车
possibly losing the Porsche,breaking my spine,
可能失去了保时捷,震断了我的脊梁
then Hammond says I have to put the tent up
哈蒙德还要我搭帐篷
while he goes off to get the food.
他去找食物
And I don’t know how his tent goes together, and he knows
我不知道怎么搭他的破帐篷
absolutely the square root of jack BLEEP about food and cooking.
他也懂个鸟毛的烹饪
I wonder if anybody else… I wonder if the viewers find Hammond’s
我猜如果观众发现哈蒙德是这么一个
chirpy, upbeat, Ross-on-Wye mannerisms as aggravating as I do?
盲目乐观的二愣子会不会和我一样感到愤怒
Right, everything is now taped up,so let’s see if it starts.
好的,线都粘起来了,让我们试试能否发动
There you go.
好的
At the campsite, I was returning with our evening meal.
营地这边,我带回了晚餐的肉
I hope he’s hungry.
希望他饿了
Hello! Hello!
哈罗!
Dinner is here.
晚餐到了
Yeah!
是的!
Meat. Yeah, very funny A lot of it.
肉。很有趣
Yeah, but we’ve done that joke,
但这个梗我们已经用过了
cos Jeremy did it in the top part of America. Yeah.
杰瑞米在美国那期特辑就这么干过
About seven or eight years ago,you’ve probably forgotten.
大概七、八年前,你可能忘了
This time it’s different,this time it’s better.
这次不同,这次能行
What you’re going to have…No, listen.
你将品尝到…不,听着
..is a traditional, authentic gaucho barbecue.
这回是正宗传统的加乌乔风味烧烤
That’s a whole cow.
这是一整头牛
Hey, they eat a lot of meat round here.
本地人很能吃肉
Finish the tent.
搭好帐篷
I’ll have it on in a moment. Seriously. Crack on.
我去搞定晚餐。加油
Right.
好吧
It’s a problem, essentially,of getting the wrapper off.
确实,剥牛皮是个大问题
Several hours of peeling later,Hammond’s dinner was underway.
经过数小时的奋战,哈蒙德的烤肉终于开始了
And while we ate, we discussed the fate of our colleague.
我们边吃边聊那个被抛弃的同事
If we hear the sound of two…Well, or one cylinder,
如果听见两个…或者一个气缸的声音
it’s probably the 2CV. Yeah.
那可能就是2CV,是
But any more than two,it must be the Porsche.
但如果超过两个,那就一定是保时捷
What if he couldn’t fix it because he’s stupid and ended up…
他怎么可能修好,他是个又二又…
No, but he’s an expert on electrics.
不,他对电路还蛮精通的
Hang on that’s an engine.
等等,听引擎声
What is it?
那是啥?
It’s the unhappiest man in the world, is what it is.
全世界最郁闷的人出现了
Oh, no!
哦不!
Oh, no! I really…I honestly thought that would be…
哦不!我以为…我其实觉得那是…
Oh, hang on. That…It’s stalking us. There it is!
哦等等,那是…他一直跟着我们。这才是!
He’s going to be so pleased with himself.
他一定感到很骄傲
I have been doing manual labour.
我♥干♥了太多修理活
Good God. Really?
真的?
I hardly like to admit it, but I was praying that the Porsche would turn up.
虽然不想承认,但我一直祈祷保时捷能复活
I didn’t want to see it die.That is absolutely fabulous.
我不想就这么看它挂掉。这真是太棒了
I’ve actually got dirty hands from actual work. Dirty hands. What was it?
修车简直太脏了,弄得满手油泥
I had to fix the loom, fix the ECU,
我重新连接线束,修理ECU
and then find some metal,bolt that to the inner wing
找了些金属固定在引擎舱
and reattach the top of the shock absorber to that.
把减震器修好
Oh, well done.Have you got any food for me?
干的漂亮。给我做晚餐了吗?
Oh, has he?!
喔,你说呢?