And even though it was loose,there were no dumps.
虽然甩尾,但并没有撞车
Ho, ho, ho!
嚯嚯霍
In the Mustang, however…
而在野马那边
Oh, no! Ah!
噢!啊!
The noise was so bad,
噪音大到
Hammond couldn’t hear a word of what we were saying on the radio.
无法听清对讲机内容
Hammond! You whiten your teeth and your hair’s stupid.
哈蒙德!你的大白牙和发型简直丑爆了
What?
你说啥?
Hammond, I’ve heard you’re hung like a church mouse.
哈蒙德,我听人说你像只教堂里的老鼠
What?
啥?
Sadly, our amusing game was halted
可惜,我们对哈蒙德的嘲弄
when we spotted something that wasn’t funny at all.
被一个发现给打断了
It is that 2CV again,following our tracks.
又是那辆2CV,一直跟着咱
I couldn’t do that,could you do that?
我不会这么干,你能一直这么跟着某人吗?
How can they do that? Who are those guys?
为啥老跟着咱?开车的是谁?
Stop doing Butch Cassidy things,please. Not now.
不要再学布奇的桥段了
I know who it is.
我知道是谁
Who is it?
是谁?
It’s the producers. That’s their idea of a comedy backup car.
那帮制片人的主意。这是他们给咱的备用车
I hate the 2CV,I absolutely loathe it.
我讨厌2CV,十分厌恶
I got a job on original Top Gear as a result of a screen-test I did on the 2CV,
我在初期TopGear里就测评过2CV
when all I did was rant and rave for 20 minutes about how awful it was,
我♥干♥的唯一一件事就是20分钟内喋喋不休的说它的缺点
and I could have gone on for a fortnight.
并且我能不停的说上两周
I don’t want to get in that.
我不想开那车
Well, it’s funny you should say that, Hammond. Shut up.
你说出这话很有意思,哈蒙德。闭嘴
As we headed further south,the weather got even worse
越往南走,天气越糟
and the road became a nightmare.
路况也更烂
Very sobering, that 2CV.
那辆2CV太能激励人了
Oh, my God.
噢,老天
20mph.
时速20英里
Predictably, though, my car was soaking up the punishment.
显然我的车正在接受坑洼的洗礼
And amazingly, so was HMS Norfolk.
但令人惊讶的是,那辆莲花也同样如此
Look at that Lotus – it’s been through a swamp,
看那辆连花 – 驶过了沼泽
it’s been through a wood,and it’s still working.
驶过了灌木丛,还能正常工作
Quite a lot of me is rooting for that little red super car.
我很钦佩那辆小红车
It’s just incredible.
太惊人了
I mean,who knew it was the world’s best off-road car?
谁会想到它是世界最棒的越野车
Who knew that it’s built to a higher standard than a Lexus?
谁能想到它的质量比雷克萨斯还高
In the Mustang, though,it was business as usual.
转到野马,一切照旧
Now my clutch is starting to slip.
离合器开始打滑了
I’ve lost another gear.
又挂掉一个档位
This is insane,it’s stupid.
这简直疯了,太愚蠢了
Jeremy, on this route of yours,
杰瑞米,你的这条路
how much further is it,how much more of this?
还有多远能到地方,还要走多久?
Uh, stand by, caller.
呃,稍等
1,170 miles.
1170英里(1883公里)
1,100?
1100?
And 70, yeah.
再加70
That’s not possible,for crying out loud!
这不可能!
I’m not hearing a lot of what you’re saying, Hammond.
我听不清你在说啥,哈蒙德
The cars absolutely can’t take the punishment.
我的车经受不了这种折磨
Mine certainly can’t.
我也一样
Unlike Hammond, I was loving Chile.
和哈蒙德不一样,我爱智利
It had stopped raining for a moment,
天晴了雨停了
the scenery was wonderful,and best of all…
景色变得美极了…
Oh, my God! Look at the size of that thing,
噢天啊!瞧瞧那只大鸟
seriously, look at it.
看呐
I swear to God, I’ve wanted to see a condor since I was about three.
我发誓,三岁那年我就想一睹秃鹰的风采
That is the biggest flying bird in the world,isn’t it,
我猜它们是世上最大的鸟类
I think I’m right in saying?
应该是的
And there’s another one.
又一只
Well, there we are – the sun’s out,I’ve seen a condor,
太阳出来了,也见到了秃鹰
all is well in my world.
我的世界又美好了
Sadly, I had to leave the big,beautiful bird,
可惜,我要和美丽的大鸟说再见
because at the hotel, Hammond was waiting to shout at me.
因为在旅馆,哈蒙德又开始发脾气
Half the interior trim dropped off.Has it?
内饰都震掉了。是吗?
The carburettor’s all clogged up,
化油器也堵了
it doesn’t fuel properly anymore.And the fuel。
不能正常喷油
the gear linkage is completely clogged up with bits of gravel and stone
档位都被乱七八糟的东西卡住了
and mud and rain,and you can’t get half the gears.
我有一半的档位都不能用
And the reason for all of these things? What?
知道这一切的原因吗?是啥?
Made in America in 1970?
因为它产自70年代?
It’s your route, it’s your route,this road is killing the car!
因为你的破路线,你的路毁了我的车!
Hammond then broke out a map and boldly claimed he’d found
哈蒙德抢过地图声称他找到一条路
a radical new way of getting to our destination.
能带我们到达目的地
We go back to Argentina. Why?
我们回到阿根廷。为啥?
Think about it, when we were…
想想,当我在…
We’ve been to Argentina, the roads were fine. We made good progress.
我们去过阿根廷,路很好。进度也不错
Then we can all three get there.Great, that’s an achievement.
三个人都很适应,这就不错
We’ve got to at least try to do it.In fact, no – we’ve got to do that.
我们不是去尝试。而是必须回阿根廷
Back to Arg… Here’s…I don’t do this very often,
回阿根廷…我不经常这么干
but I’m going to take charge.
但这次我做主
Let’s go back to Argentina,pick up the good road.
回阿根廷,找条好路
We’ve been to Argentina,the roads were good.
我们去过阿根廷,那里的路很好
We’ll find a way across the Andes that we can survive,
我们会找条路安全穿过安第斯山脉
and then we can head south,all of us together.
然后一路向南,一起完成任务
We stand a chance of arriving as a team.
作为一个团队完成任务
Well, don’t come crying to me if it goes wrong.
到时候出问题了可别哭鼻子
The next day we were up at the crack of dawn.
第二天破晓我们就出发了
And boy was it worth it.
显然这是值得的
This is truly special this morning.
今天早晨很特别
This is one of the greatest advantages of getting old –
老有老的好处
you get up early, and when you get up early, you see the world like this.
老年人起得早,当你早起,就会发现这样的景色
Commander Hammond, however,was too busy
指挥官哈蒙德忙得
to notice Chile’s misty-eyed goodbye.
已经顾不上和智利说再见了
Er…
呃…
Right. That’s Chile.
没错。这是智利
I decided that to get to the better roads of Argentina
我决定重回阿根廷的良好公路
we should head back over the Andes immediately,
首先必须回头穿过安第斯山
which didn’t go down very well with my colleagues.
这使得我的同事们不太适应
Hammond, you utter, utter…
哈蒙德,你这个…
Aargh!
呃!
Whoa! Christ! Hammond! It’s sheet ice here.
哇噢!哈蒙德!这里路都结冰了
If you possessed even an ounce of finesse
如果你还有一点点驾驶技术
you wouldn’t be slithering about like an idiot.
就不会滑得像个白♥痴♥
I might be doing it slightly on purpose.
我的演技可能过于做作了
Business car, eh? Ha ha!
商务用车?哈哈!
“Oh, it’s just a crazy car, it goes mental.Yeah, it’s just really silly.
噢,这车只是有点癫狂罢了。(模仿德国口音)
“Sliding about on the snow.Oh, look at me, full of character.”
在雪地稍微有些打滑。噢,瞧瞧我,多有个性
Hammond assured us that once we were over the mountains
哈蒙德向我们保证一旦出了山
and back in Argentina,all would be well.
回到阿根廷,一切都会好起来
But he was wrong.
但他错了
Oh, God.
哦老天
Oh, yeah, Hammond the roads in Argentina are much better!
噢,太好了,哈蒙德,阿根廷的路简直棒极了!
Bloody hell.
见鬼
This, frankly, is unacceptable.
说实话,这路烂到家了
Soon it became even less acceptable.
很快,路变得更烂了
Hammond, I need a brief exchange of words with you.
哈蒙德,我要对你做个简练的评价
There’re only two of them, only seven letters.
一共两个词,七个字母组成
Three of them are ass.
其中三个是ass(随意理解吧— —!)
Oh, dear.
哦,天啊
James, if you say,”Jeremy, your car is not boring,”
詹姆士,如果你对我说“杰瑞米,你的车一点也不无趣”
I will give you a tow.
我就把你拖出来
Jeremy, your car isn’t boring,please would you give me a tow?
杰瑞米,你的车一点都不无趣,能劳驾拖我出来吗?
The noble German helped the plucky Brit out of the trenches.
伟大的德国佬把英勇的英国人从泥潭里拯救出来
Thank you very much, Jeremy Clarkson, and your interesting Porsche.
十分感谢杰瑞米·克拉克森和你有意思的保时捷
And then we continued down Hammond Highway,
接着我们又踏上了哈蒙德之旅
which was appalling.
情况更糟了
That? That’s washboard – a whole series of ridges very close together
这条搓板路,一坎接着一坎
and going on forever.
永无止境