BLEEP.
xx
Oh, bloody hell.Cocking Nora!
哦,见鬼
How can you not like this road?
你们怎么能不喜欢这么有趣的道路?
Go away. It’s brilliant.
死开。这路棒极了
And then, inevitably…
然后,很自然的…
Oh! Oh, I’ve lost steering.
噢,转向又坏了
Having rescued James…
救出詹姆士…
Ya-hey!
耶
..we decided to leave Hammond,
我们决定抛弃哈蒙德
and though we were soon out the woods,
虽然逃离了树丛
we weren’t out of the woods.
却逃不开险境
Oh, my…
噢,我勒个…
Come on, don’t let me down now,little Porsche.
加油,别让我失望,保时捷
Here, the Lotus was way out of its comfort zone.
莲花继续着舒适之旅
Ah!
啊!
But, amazingly, it made it.
奇迹的是,它做到了
I am absolutely staggered that Lotus is still working.
我很惊奇莲花还能动
Absolutely, properly staggered.
令人意外
Well, yeah, I’d love to be able to say that was great fun…
我想说这路太TM有意思了
Shortly afterwards, James and I arrived at the Chilean border.
不久,我和詹姆士抵达智利边境
I knew my route across the Andes would be good, and it is.
我就知道我的路线不会错
And having bodged the bodge on his steering,
修好转向机构后
Hammond, too, was on the move.
哈蒙德又能动了
But other gremlins were starting to appear.
但又出现了新的问题
Oh, my God. I’ve lost third gear.
噢,天啊,没三档了
So, as he caught 40 winks at the border post,
当他在边境呼呼大睡时
May and I decided to cheer him up.
梅和我决定给他个惊喜
Don’t pull any more backing off yet.
先别拉
What? Why…? Why have you put that on my car?
啥?你们粘了些啥玩意在我车上?
In Chile, Hammond was not impressed with our efforts.
智利境内,哈蒙德一点振作的意思都没
How’s your Peugeot, Hammond?
标致感觉如何,哈蒙德?
Shut up.
闭嘴
I’ve basically put Peugeot stickers on it to try and make it more reliable.
贴标致是想让它更可靠
Sadly, though, that didn’t work.
可惜这招没用
Oh, no. Oh, no.
噢不
I hate to say this – I’ve lost power steering again.
我不想说,但又没转向助力了
THEY LAUGH
哈哈哈
Leaving Hammond once more, James and I decided to enjoy a road
再次抛弃哈蒙德,詹姆士和我开始享受这条
that could have been purpose built
仿佛是为这两匹欧洲良驹
for our finely-turned European thoroughbreds.
打造的完美公路
Oh, wow!The feel through the steering, here.
这通过方向盘传来的路感
Into the corner, feel the front,shoving its shoulder into the job.
进弯,感受车头的指向性
We forget these days how good cars used to be.
如今我们早已淡忘车应该什么样
Not at safety, not at fuel economy,not at emissions,
不是安全、不是经济、不是排放
just joy, just handling.
而是驾驶乐趣,操控
I’m absolutely confident I am now having a better time
我完全沉浸在驾驶的乐趣中
because I’m in the car designed for this sort of thing. It’s mid-engined.
因为这车生而为此。中置引擎
And, of course, if you have a mid-engined car, it looks cool.
当然,如果你的车是中置引擎,看起来自然很酷
Oh, BLEEP!
噢,xx!
Jesus wept!
好动作!
Yes.
是的
What I was just demonstrating
我刚才展示的
there was the other side of the mid-engined argument,
是中置引擎的另一特性
which is, when it does go it, it goes a bit more quickly.
当车开始失控,它会失控的很迅速
He’ll now be sitting up to here in his own excrement.
估计已经吓尿
Despite this, though, we pressed on,
我们继续前进
savouring the whole point of our being here – our engines.
感受这一切的重点 – 引擎
Listen to that, the grumble of an offbeat V8.
听听这台V8的声浪
I’ll knock it down to second so you can hear the proper roar.
切到二档让各位感受真正的咆哮
Listen to that.
听
In the next town, we pulled over
下个小镇我们停车小憩
for a nerdy chat about what makes a V8 so special.
顺便讨论V8的迷人之处
It is a charismatic engine,
这是种有个性的引擎
that’s why we like V8s,is cos they are imperfect.
我们喜欢它,因为它有不足之处
Yes, very.
是的
Unlike a straight six engine, where you’ve got six cylinders in line,
不像直列六缸,六个气缸排成一排
in one of those, when one piston’s going down another one’s coming up,
当一个活塞下降另一个就上升
so it sort of balances itself and makes it smooth. Yes.
这样使得直六引擎很平顺,没错
A V8 is inherently unbalanced, because when one piston’s going down,
而V8天生不平顺,当一个活塞下降
there isn’t necessarily another one going up to balance it.
没有另一个活塞上升去平衡它
Exactly, and they’re not going in the same direction, are they, cos…
是的,因为运动角度不一样…
Yeah, exactly, so they’re sort of doing that.
它们像这样运动
So that’s what makes a V8 wobbly.
这就造成V8的跳动
It is, it’s inherently wobbly.And charismatic. Yes.
这是天生的。但个性十足,没错
But the V8 in your car isn’t the same, is it?
而你车里的V8又有所不同,对吧?
Because, and I never thought I would use these words on Top Gear,
通常我不会使用这么专业的词语
it has a flat plane crank.
它有平行排列曲柄
Very good. Exactly.
对,很准确
In yours,the engine cylinders they go…
你的引擎,活塞是这样运动的…
..so you get two firing on the same side.Mine just goes…
所以你有两个气缸在同侧燃烧,而我是…
So, yours is like Charlie Watts,and the other V8, mine,
所以你的V8像查理·沃茨(滚石乐队鼓手),而其他和我一样的V8
is more Keith Moon.There’s a bit more going on.
则是凯思·莫恩(英国“谁人”乐队鼓手).还有其他的
Yes, and that’s what makes the difference.
这就是不同之处
That’s why traditional V8s – i.e., the American style V8,
这就是为什么传统美国风格v8
which is sort of what yours is,they burble, but mine snarls.
和你的一样,略显沉闷,而我的十分高亢
Our colleague then turned up having bodged the bodge of his bodge.
我们的同事此时开着他那辆打满补丁的野马出现了
Fixed? Yeah.Right, let’s go!
修好了?是的。很好,出发!
Coffee good? Yeah, it was lovely.It was delicious. Good!
咖啡不错?是的,很好喝。很好!
Jeremy Clarkson, James May.
呼叫杰瑞米·克拉克森,这里是詹姆士·梅
Yes, what’s wrong?
啥事?
Uh, I was just thinking of remortgaging my house and wondering
我刚才考虑,为了追求固定收益或者激活股价
if I should go for a fixed rate or a flexible policy, what do you think?
是否因该把自己的房♥子抵押了去赌一把,你觉呢?
As you well know, businessmen do not drive cars of this nature,
你知道的,这种赌徒式的商人不会自己开车
how was the turnip harvest last year?
去年的收益如何?
It’s all very well being rude about the people of Norfolk,
对于粗俗的诺福克郡人来说还不错
but so far they seem to have built the best car.
但到目前为止,他们似乎已经造出了最好的车
It hasn’t gone wrong,
这车不错
it goes off road and it saved me when I made a cock-up.
在我犯错时救了我一命
We continued on Jeremy’s idiotic route until we reached this.
我们继续照着杰瑞米的愚蠢路线前进,直到我们抵达这里
Oh, my God!
老天!
Is this for cars?
这桥车能过吗?
Well, get out and have a jump on it, James, and go to see if it is.
站上去跳两下试试够不够结实
OK, that will tell us everything we need to know, hang on.
没错,跳两下一试便知
Oh, my God! No, James that is…Oh, hang on a minute!
哦老天!不,这简直…等等
Oh, it’s wobbly! I mean, look!
太晃了!你看
It’s rubbish.
豆♥腐♥渣♥
That is not…
一点也不…
It’s a footbridge.
这只能让人通过
We either admit defeat and end the programme here.
我们全票通过任务失败
Well, I’m for ending. Goodbye.
节目到此结束,再见
And on that bombshell…!
伴随这条爆♥炸♥性消息!
Come on!
好吧!
Since James was on point,he went first.
既然詹姆士打头阵,他先过桥
Here we go.
来吧
Oh, God it’s sagging! It moves! Oh!
噢,他在下沉!哦!
Not looking, not looking,not looking, not looking.
别看外面,别看外面,别看外面,别看外面
God, that’s really disconcerting!
真恐怖!
How am I doing, how am I doing?
保持,保持
Right, here we go. Speed!
好的,我来,加速!
Yeah! Speed has solved the problem.
很好!速度决定成败
What the hell?
搞什么鬼?
It’s a dead end. I know.
死路。没错
Well, why didn’t you tell me?
你为什么不说?
Cos I wanted to see you come across the bridge.
因为我想看你过桥的英姿
I know what you’re thinking.Shall we?
我知道你在打什么主意。是吗?
Right, come on Hammond!
来吧,哈蒙德!
My car’s the heaviest. Enough said.
我车最重。显然
No seatbelt, don’t want to be stuck in it, if it falls off.
不系安全带,我不想掉下去时被绑得死死的
Oh!
噢!
Oh!
噢!