Yeah – do you live in something like that in Wales?
和威尔士像吗?
Pretty much, yeah.
差不多
Oh, wait a minute. What? What?
等等。啥情况?
What? We’ve done it. We’re here.
什么?我们到了
Come on. I’m nearly here, look.
我基本停到位了
Wait a minute.
等会
Well…
好吧…
They’ve crossed out the one they gave us this morning
他们划掉了早上写的内容
and written another one in felt tip.
改了个新的挑战
“You haven’t finished yet.More news in the morning.”
任务还没完成。明早听通知
We haven’t finished?
还有?
More news?
等通知?
They’ve obviously realised that they haven’t filled two hours.
很明显他们意识到,这点内容不够两小时节目时长
Your soft…
你温软…
..white…
..洁白…
..flesh.
..小鲜肉
Mine, all mine!
我的,都是我的!
Basically, I AM Paul Newman – same colour eyes, middle aged.
我在扮演保罗·纽曼 – 一样的蓝眼睛,一样的年龄
I like being this.
我喜欢扮演
What are you doing?It’s a scene from Butch Cassidy.
你抽什么风?这是电影里的片段
Yeah, I know that bit but that’s not a bicycle,
是,我知道,但那不是自行车
he’s really not Katharine Ross and I’m a rubbish shot.
他不是凯瑟琳·罗丝,我的枪法也很烂
I don’t…I’m just having…we’re at Butch Cassidy’s house.
我不…我只是…这是布奇的房♥子啊
Oh, this is it.Thank you, this is the challenge.
来了。谢谢,任务
Go on.
继续
“You will now drive to Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego.
你们现在要驾车前往火地岛乌斯怀亚
“It’s the southernmost city in the world, the gateway to Antarctica
地球最南端小城,南极洲的大门
“and the last outpost of civilisation in the southern hemisphere.
人类南半球文明的终点站
“It was also the port from with the Belgrano, the battleship,
同时也是贝尔格拉诺的专属口岸
“sailed on its fateful voyage and the start of the Falklands War.
马岛战争的起始地
“As a result, anti-British feelings run high there.
因此,那里的反英情绪十分强烈
“So you will use your diplomatic skills to build bridges.”
你们要做的就是利用各自的外交手段建立起沟通的桥梁
We don’t have any diplomatic skills.
我们对外交一窍不通
No, but we’re good at building bridges. We can do that.
是的,但我们会建造桥梁
No, it’s a figure of speech.
不,那只是种比喻
It doesn’t literally mean build a bridge.
我们不是去修桥
Absolutely not. It says,
没错。上面还说
“When you arrive in Ushuaia,you must build a football stadium
你们去到乌斯怀亚要修建一座足球场
“and host a game of car football against a team from Argentina.”
并和阿根廷人来一场汽车球赛
Really? So we’re using our cars in car football?
真的?我们用自己的车踢场球赛?
Mine’s a bit big.
我车有些大
Against a team, right…In Tierra del Fuego?
在火地岛踢球?
How far is it?
离这多远?
How far is it?
多远?
1,600 miles.
1600英里(2575公里)
One thousand six hundred miles?
1600英里?
In a Lotus?
开莲花去?
On the way to the tip of South America,
去南半球尽头这一路上
our brittle, ageing,complicated cars would face deserts,
我们的破车会面对沙漠
blizzards,
暴风雪
snowdrifts, mud,
陷雪,泥泞
swamps,
沼泽
gruelling mountain tracks and jagged coastlines.
颠簸的山路和崎岖的海岸线
It would be an epic journey.
这是趟伟大的旅程
But before it could begin,
但在此之前
Hammond had to mend his Mustang’s power steering,
哈蒙德需要修理野马的转向机
which meant I had time to kill.
于是我就有了闲暇时光
♪ Raindrops keep falling on my head ♪
♪ 雨滴不断落在我头上 ♪
♪ And just like a guy whose feet are too big for his bed ♪
♪ 就像一个大个子躺在一张小床上 ♪
♪ Nothing seems to fit those raindrops… ♪
♪ 一切似乎都不对劲 ♪
Is he still doing it?
他还在耍贱?
Mhm.
嗯
OK. It won’t have it.
好的。不理他
Actually, I do remember this bit in the film,
实际上我还记得电影里一点情节
because Paul Newman rides around on the bicycle, doesn’t he?
Paul Newman骑车四处晃?
Yeah.
对
And then Katharine Ross does a little playful “ha-ha-ha!” giggle
凯瑟琳笑着把麦秆向他扔过去
and throws some straw in his face.Yeah. Is that right? Yeah. Yeah.
对吗?没错
♪ Those raindrops are falling on my head, they keep falling ♪
♪ 那些雨滴落在我的头上,继续下落 ♪
♪ Because I’m free… ♪
♪ 因为我自♥由♥ ♪
Ow!
啊!
After we’d dealt with Jeremy and bodged the power steering,
修理杰瑞米一顿并且修好转向机之后
we headed south.
我们一路向南
Is the Lotus Esprit V8 a good choice for a 1,600-mile drive
开着莲花精灵行驶1600英里穿越巴塔哥尼亚
through Patagonia?
这么做明智吗?
In all honesty, no.
说实话,不
But – and the question I’m asking myself, viewers is –
但是我同样问自己
will Hammond’s Mustang make it?
哈蒙德的野马能行么?
And I can’t really explain this but when I stand near an old car,
我无法解释为什么我站在一台老爷车跟前
I get a feeling when I know it’s a good one,
我能感受到这是辆好车
and I’m not getting that feeling with Hammond’s Mustang.
但我对哈蒙德的野马却没有这种感觉
It feels like it’s hanging on.
我感觉他命悬一线
Oh, no!My seat belt’s fallen apart again.
噢,不!安全带又掉了
To reach our destination,we decided to head into Chile
为了抵达目的地,我们决定向智利前进
and pick up the important-sounding Road To The South.
走一条向南之路
This meant crossing the Andes,
这意味着要穿越安第斯山
and as that sounded complicated,I put myself in charge.
因为听上去很复杂,我把自己摆在了领导的位置上
Well, it strikes me that if we’ve got to cross the Andes,
我突然想到如果要跨越安第斯山
we should do that here rather than further south,
在这里就要拐弯而不是一路向南
cos there’ll be less snow here.
能离积雪远些
Right, that’s a better idea, is it?
肯定这是个好主意,对吧?
It’s a brilliant idea so we shall…We’ll cross them up here.
绝对没错…我们从这里进山
At first, my plan went well.
刚开始,进行的很顺利
This road is simply mesmerizing.
这路简直美极了
We even found a way
我们还发现
to amuse ourselves during the Mustang’s endless fuel stops.
可以拿哈蒙德加油动作取乐
Look at this face.
看他表情
♪ Let’s get it on ♪
♪ 让我们开始吧 ♪
♪ Let’s love, baby ♪
♪ 让我们爱爱吧,宝贝 ♪
♪ Let’s get it on Sugar ♪
♪ 让我们开始吧 甜心 ♪
♪ Let’s get it on. ♪
♪ 让我们开始吧 ♪
After we set off we discovered why we kept having to stop.
再次出发,我终于啥野马为啥那么耗油
Hammond! What?
哈蒙德!什么
Just put your foot down hard.
深踩油门试试
Yeah, I think I know why your fuel consumption’s quite poor.
是的,我想我知道为啥你的车那么饥渴了
Map of the Falkland Islands with “Argentina’s forever.”
一张福克兰群岛地图写着“永远归属阿根廷”
That is a straight face I’m pulling right now, straight.
要摆出一副不做评价的面孔
I will not spark fury on this trip.
本次旅途不能动怒
This is the new me,the smart me, the clever me.
一个全新的我,睿智的我
Soon, the road I’d chosen got a bit worse.
很快,我选的路变样了
BLEEP.
xx
Oh, oh, oh.
嗷嗷嗷
Ah, God!
啊,天!
Oi, Clarkson, are you telling me that if you drive from Argentina to Chile
噢,克拉克森,你是否告诉我这是阿根廷去智利的主干道?
this is the main road?Cos I don’t believe it.
我一点也不信
ON RADIO: Yes, it is.
当然是主干道
Just goes to show, doesn’t it,really,
这才能展现我们车的
about how brilliant cars are,because…
出众性能,因为…
And then the road disappeared altogether.
接着路完全消失了
Oh, Lord.
噢,天
Which wasn’t ideal in cars like these.
对我们这种车很不友好
James, we’re the idiots,
詹姆士,我们被耍了
we listened to him with a suggestion for a route.
我们听从了他的建议
Relax, we’re nearly there now.
放松,就快到了
Ow. Ow.
嗷嗷
Oh! Bad noises!
奥!这声音
I don’t know what’s best – keep going on Clarkson’s stupid route,
我不知道该怎么办 – 是继续走克拉克森的愚蠢路线
turn round and go back and find another one.
还是回头找其他出路
Oh! Oh!
哦!哦
Oh, dear.
哦,天