bought insurance on their risk from AIG, and I mean everyone.
都买♥♥了美国国际集团的保险,我指的是每个人
How could they let this happen?
他们怎么能让这些事发生?
They must have figured real estate would never go down, ever.
一定是觉着房♥地♥产♥从来没崩溃过
Hank, Lehman still hasn’t filed.
汉克,雷曼还没申请
Cox has to make his announcement. Asia’s opening.
考克斯得马上公布。亚洲股市要开了
Has he talked to them?
他跟雷曼联♥系♥了吗?
He hasn’t even called yet.
还没
We told Fuld about Barclays. We said Cox was gonna call.
我们跟福尔德说了巴克莱的事。考克斯会联♥系♥
He’s got his entire board sitting there, no call.
他和整个董事会的人坐在外面,没打电♥话♥
Cox is like a deer in the headlights.
考克斯像头汽车照明灯下的鹿(手足无措)
Son of a bitch !
日妈的混♥蛋♥!
You are their regulator. Call the Lehman board now.
你是监管员。马上给雷曼董事打电♥话♥
Hank, it’s a complicated situation where…
汉克,现在的情况很复杂…
Asia’s opening.
亚洲开市了
They don’t announce, the market goes in the toilet.
不宣告的话,股市会臭得一发不可收拾
We have to consider the appropriate role of government here.
我们得考虑政♥府♥目前的角色定位
Can I, as Chairman of SEC, move forward and…
我能以证券交易委员会主席身份继续…
You guys are like the gang that can’t shoot straight.
你们像极了那些瞄不准枪的黑帮分子
This is your job.
这是你的职责
Make the damn phone call.
给我赶紧联♥系♥雷曼
The board is in session. Everyone is here. All the directors and the firm’s counsel.
董事都出席了,主管和公♥司♥法律顾问,大家都在
We understand the Barclays deal has imploded.
我们理解与巴克莱生意的瓦解
We were hoping you might have some option that we haven’t thought of yet.
希望你们有我们没想到的选择
Um, the markets are in turmoil, as you know.
股市一片混乱
A Lehman bankruptcy will help
雷曼破产会有助于
settle that uncertainty and, we believe, calm the market.
安定市场,我相信
Both the Fed and SEC are in agreement about this.
美联储和证券交易委员会达成共识
Let me… I’m sorry, let me see if I understand this.
让我…抱歉,让我理清条理
Are you directing us to put Lehman into bankruptcy?
你在引导我们申请破产?
Give us a moment.
给我点时间
He’s muted. What the hell was that?
他没声了。 那是什么鬼东西?
(ALL PROTESTING)
(都在抗♥议♥)
Tell them to file.
告诉他们提出申请
Everything said in that meeting is or will be public record.
会议上说的一切都会记录公开
I can’t tell a private company to file for bankruptcy.
我无法让一个私企提出破产申请
I don’t have that power. Do I?
我没这权力。我有吗?
Do it.
告诉他们
(CLEARS THROAT)
(清理喉咙)
The decision to file for bankruptcy protection is one the board needs to make.
提出破产申请保护需要董事会下决定
It is not the government’s decision. But we do believe
这不是政♥府♥的决定。但我们相信
that the situation should be resolved.
情况会好转
So you’re not directing us to file?
所以你没有在引导我们去申请?
I’m not saying anything more than I’ve just said. Thank you.
我没说过别的话。谢谢
Take the vote.
请投票
Yes. 赞成。
WOMAN: Mr. Akers? 女声:埃克斯先生?
Sir Christopher?
克里斯托弗先生?
Yes.
赞成
Admiral Evans?
伊万斯海军上将?
I’m sorry, but yes.
对不起,我赞成
Chairman Fuld?
福尔德总裁?
Dick?
迪克?
Yes.
赞成
Mr. Hernandez? Yes.
赫尔南德斯先生? 赞成
Mr. Ainslie? Yes.
安斯利先生? 赞成
Mr. Berlind? Yes.
伯林德先生? 赞成
Mr. Cruikshank? Yes.
克鲁克尚克先生? 赞成
Dr. Kaufman? Yes.
考夫曼博士? 赞成
Mr. Macomber? Yes.
麦康伯先生?赞成
P?
大宝?
Lehman’s gone. Oh, honey.
雷曼完了。 噢,亲爱的
I should have known the British were gonna be a problem.
我早该明白英国那边会出问题的
I spoke to them two days ago. I should have read between the lines.
两天前我跟他们谈了。早该意会到他们的意思
You can’t take all this on. There’s a lot of other people involved.
你不能把所有责任都揽到自己身上。还有其他相关的人呢
It’s on me. I’m Treasury Secretary
是我的错。我是财政部长啊
and the fourth-largest investment bank in the country
第四大国家投资银行
failed on my watch.
在我眼下倒闭了
I mean…
我是指…
I don’t know what’s gonna happen.
我不知道会发生什么
Miss you, too.
想你了
早上六点半
星期一
MAN: Yo, taxi !
男声:出租!
Dollar up vs. Europe…
Asian Markets off in restrained trading.
Jim, I’m in Midtown.
吉姆,我在市中心
The ticker is…
报价显示屏上…
What the hell am I looking at?
我眼花看错了?
WILKINSON: Hank, it’s good.
威尔金森:汉克,这是好消息
“It is oddly reassuring
“有些奇怪的安抚人心的是
“that the Treasury Department and the Federal Reserve
“财政部和美联储
“let Lehman Brothers fail.”
“让雷曼兄弟倒闭了。”
Okay, here it is. Here it is.
好了。这里,这里
“Government intervention would have been seen
”政♥府♥干预可以看做
“as a sign of extreme peril in the global financial system
“全球金融系统的极度危机
“or extreme weakness on the part of federal regulators.”
“或是联邦监管机关的致命弱点。”
New York fucking Times.
他妈的纽♥约♥时♥报♥
Yeah, and it’s not just them. It’s everybody.
不仅它,每家报纸都是
Thank you, Senator. I appreciate it.
感谢你,参议员,我很感激
Congress is liking it.
国会很高兴
I’m not sure they should be so happy about this,
我不确定这样的情况他们是否乐意
but they like that we let Lehman go.
但国会很高兴我们同意雷曼破产
You stood strong. You’ve got brass balls. It’s what people need at a time like this.
保持坚挺。你在关键时刻发挥作用,这是民众需要的
What is the market doing?
股市呢?
Europe’s only down a little. Dow Jones futures only off 3%.
欧洲只是跌了一点。道琼斯指数期货只跌了3%
So you need to build on this at the press conference.
你需要在新闻发布会以这个为基础发言
The story is we did everything we could for Lehman.
为了雷曼我们竭尽所能了
We did. And the takeaway is…
我们尽力了。 结论就是…
No more bailouts.
不会再有财政救助
Mr. Secretary.
部长先生
How should we read what happened with Lehman?
我们该怎样理解发生在雷曼身上的事?
Read it as I think it’s important to maintain the stability
重要的是保持稳定
and orderliness of our financial system,
金融系统的秩序
and, um, the
还有,呃
moral hazard is something I don’t take lightly.
我不会轻易承担道德风险
REPORTER 1: Mr. Paulson. REPORTER 2: Mr. Secretary, sir.
记者 其一 :保尔森先生。 记者 其二:部长先生
How do you see the health of the banking system today?
你怎样看待如今银行系统的健康情况?
The way the markets are performing today,
现在市场的作为
it’s a testament to how the financial industry has come together
是金融业凝聚在一起的证明
in an extraordinary set of circumstances.
在这种特殊情况之下
The American people can remain confidentin the soundness and the resilience
美国人能在哀痛中保持自信
of the financial system. Thank you all.
包括金融系统的回温。谢谢
REPORTER 1: Mr. Secretary. REPORTER 2: Mr. Paulson.
记者 其一:部长先生。 部长先生 其二:保尔森先生
PAULSON: What?
保尔森:什么?
Dow is falling off a cliff. Four hundred points already.
道琼斯指数跌破悬崖了。已经跌了400点了
And the credit markets are frozen.
信贷市场被冻结了
WILKINSON: Goldman and Morgan Stanley are getting slammed by withdrawals.
威尔金森:高盛和摩根士丹利被撤回的资金冲击到了
The Lehman thing’s killing them.
雷曼破产会使他们完蛋的
I should talk to the President about how we’ll contain the damage.
我该跟总统商量一下怎样遏制损害
Before you speak to the President,
在这之前
we’ve got another problem.
还有个问题
AIG.
美国国际集团
Mr. Geithner is working with AIG on a private-sector solution
盖特纳正和美国国际集团协商私企解决办法
and the Secretary is monitoring their progress very carefully.
财政部长正在专心监控流程
He’s in close contact with the Congressional leadership, most…
他和国会领导人时刻联络着。多数…
White House wants a briefing on AIG.
白宫想要美国国际集团的简报
You’re more informed about that than we are. We’ve got the same information you do.
你知道的比我们多,我们得到的信息是一样的
No, we don’t believe that Lehman’s bankruptcy
不,我们不认为雷曼破产
is taking down all of Wall Street.
会让整个华尔街崩溃
MAN: Okay, but how do you explain…
男声:那好,你怎样解释…
The AIG situation may have been, you know, exacerbated by the…
美国国际集团的情况恶化是因为…
And Barney Frank’s office.
巴尼·弗兰克办公室也要
Yeah. A surprise?
是。 意外?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!