I’m sorry.
抱歉
I know it’s not good for Lehman, but I have to take care of Merrill.
我了解这样对雷曼来说并不好,但我必须保护美林
Let me worry about Lehman.
雷曼由我来操心
Barclays is still in the game.
巴克莱还在协商中
Just get it done.
做好你该做的
B of A is gonna buy Merrill.
美国银行要买♥♥下美林了
We need to make Barclays work.
我们得让巴克莱买♥♥下雷曼
I thought you said the British never close.
我记得你说过英国人不会达成交易
They’re here. They seem to really want it.
就在外面。他们看上去很想买♥♥雷曼
If we hold their hands, they’ll close.
如果我们主动牵手,交易会成的
Rodgin, what the fuck? I can’t get Geithner. I can’t get Paulson.
罗金,这他妈怎么回事?联♥系♥不上盖特纳。保尔森也不行
I can’t even get my own goddamn employees to pick up the phone.
连我自己的员工我都打不通电♥话♥
There’s a lot happening down here, Dick.
迪克,发生了多很事
Oh, fuck.

You know what? You tell Geithner,
你知道接下来会怎样吗?告诉盖特纳
he doesn’t pull my ass out of the fire, Merrill’s gonna be next.
他不替我解决燃眉之急,美林就接着遭殃
He knows that.
他明白
Dick, he just told me they’re working on a solution for Merrill.
迪克,他们说正在想为美林办法
Those cocksuckers are gonna bail out Merrill?
那些吮吸鸡♥巴♥的混♥蛋♥要给美林财政救援?
No, no, not the Fed.
不,不,不是美联储
There’s no private buyers. There’s just B of A and…
根本没什么私企买♥♥家,只有美国银行和…
They’re gonna put B of A together with Merrill?
他们想让美国银行接收美林?
We still have Barclays. Hank feels that…
还有巴克莱呢。汉克觉得…
The federal government is snaking my deal?
联邦政♥府♥居然拖延雷曼的交易?
I cannot fucking believe this shit!
我真♥他♥妈♥不敢相信!
B of A made a deal with Merrill?
美国银行和美林做了交易?
2008年9月14日
星期日
Yeah, Lehman’s still our problem.
是的,雷曼仍然是个麻烦
I don’t think I can take another day of this.
我不认为我能再腾出一天时间
You’re getting out of a Mercedes to go to the New York Federal Reserve.
你走下的是去美国联邦储备委员会的奔驰汽车
It’s not a Higgins boat on Omaha Beach.
不是奥马哈海滩上的希金斯牌游艇
Okay, okay, we’ve been here a long time.
好了好了,我们坐这儿这么长时间了
Let’s stop fucking around.
别扯些其他的了
Main Street wants Wall Street to pay.
老百姓希望华尔街来买♥♥账
They think we’re overpaid assholes.
他们觉得我们是钱太多的混♥蛋♥
There’s no politician who’s gonna sign off on a bailout.
不会有政客来签署财政救助的单子
Why would you bail out people whose sole job is to make money?
为什么要帮助那些唯一工作就是赚钱的人?
So, let’s make this real simple.
说简单点
Hank thinks he can sell the good parts of Lehman to Barclays,
汉克认为他能把雷曼尚好的资产卖♥♥给巴克莱
but someone has to take the real estate crap that’s weighing down the company.
但是谁又来为拖垮公♥司♥的那些房♥地♥产♥垃圾负责呢
Nobody knows how much this shit is worth,
没人确切知道这些狗屎值多少钱
but we know somebody has to buy it to make a deal.
可总得有人来做
I don’t like it. Nobody likes it.
我不喜欢,也没人喜欢这样
Let’s just suck it up and do it.
就让我们吞下不情愿,行动起来吧
How many of you can kick in a billion dollars to stop Lehman from going down?
你们能出多少亿来阻止雷曼继续烂下去
I’m in. One billion.
我出,十亿
LLOYD BLANKFEIN: Okay.
劳埃德 布兰克费恩:行
Goldman’s in for a billion.
高盛也出十亿
John?
约翰?
Yeah?
是?
Yes.

Yes.

(SIGHS)
(叹气声)
We did it. Barclays came through.
我们做到了。巴克莱加入了
Too goddamn right!
这就对了!
Barclays won’t touch the real estate assets, but the other banks agreed to cover those.
巴克莱不会碰那些房♥地♥产♥,其他银行同意出资买♥♥下
Call the board. Get everybody here. We got a deal to make.
叫上懂事会。我们有交易得做
Okay.

(SIGHS)
(叹气声)
晚上九点
伦敦
MAN: Did you get him?
男声:你联♥系♥上他了吗?
Geithner doesn’t return my calls.
盖特纳不回我电♥话♥
We can’t get hold of any of those people.
我们无法掌控那些人
At the end of the day, they can’t sign the deal without our say-so.
今天结束以前,没有我们的同意他们不能签协议
Yes, but do they know that?
是,可他们知道吗?
(PHONE BEEPS)
(座机响了)
Yes.

英国银行监♥管♥局♥
卡勒姆·麦卡锡
Yes, by all means, now that he deigns to call, put him through.
终于,现在他愿意屈尊打电♥话♥来了。让他通话
Sir Callum, sorry I haven’t gotten back to you.
卡勒姆先生,抱歉没及时回您电♥话♥
We’re just sorting through this Barclays deal for Lehman.
我们忙于协商巴克莱与雷曼的事
As Barclays’ regulator,
作为巴克莱的监管者
we have serious concerns about this proposed arrangement.
对于此次安排我们非常担忧
What? Are you saying you won’t approve the deal?
什么?你的意思是不批准这场交易?
Even if we were comfortable with the agreement, which we are not,
就算我同意了,实际上并不满意
Barclays would need at least 30 days for shareholder approval.
巴克莱也需要至少30天让股东投票通过
No, no, no, no, no, no. He can’t. He can’t do this.
不,不,不,不,不,他不能这样做
Yeah, of course they can stop the deal. 当然有。
Can they stop the deal? 他们有权力终止这场交易?
But even if they don’t stop it, the delay will kill it.
假如他们不阻止,延迟也会毁了一切
Let’s call the Chancellor of the Exchequer right now.
即刻联络财政大臣
None of those assets would be part of Barclays.
都不是巴克莱的资产
英国金融服务管理局
FSA:UK Financial Services Authority
Yes, but if the FSA were to…
但英国金融服务管理局…
CALLUM McCARTHY: We need stability.
卡勒姆·麦卡锡:我们要稳固
Of course.
当然
…must be to the British financial system. Surely you see that.
必须得是英国金融系统。你了解的
Yeah.

I wish you good night and good luck.
祝愿你万事大吉
Good night to you, too.
那祝你晚安
“We don’t want to import your cancer.”
“我们并不想被波及到。”
Those of you
在座的各位
who didn’t want to assist the Barclays deal,
不愿帮助和巴克莱进行交易的
you can breathe a sigh of relief.
能松口气了
The deal’s not gonna happen.
交易完了
Hey, we have the money. Deal’s dead.
嘿,我们出钱。 交易没了
British regulator won’t sign off.
英国监♥管♥局♥不让过
There must be some pressure you can exert.
你们能施加压力给他们
Trust me, I’ve done everything I can.
相信我,尽力了
The British,
英国那边
they grin-fucked us.
装模作样摆我们一道
Paulson’s got 100,000 employees. Geithner has 200 lawyers.
保尔森有十万员工。盖特纳有两百名律师
Frigging Chris Cox has 3,000 people.
该死的克里斯·考克斯手下三千人
Not a single one of those assholes could pick up a phone,
任何一个混♥蛋♥都没拿起电♥话♥
call the British, find out if there was a deal to be made
打给英国佬,问问是否交易能行
before they spend the weekend sweating us for cash?
在花一周末时间来逼迫我们出资之前?
Somebody dropped the ball.
他们犯了错把球丢了
lThey didn’t drop the ball.
他们没丢球
They dropped the ball, kicked the coach in the nuts
是他们丢了球,暴打教练
and took a crap in the quarterback’s mouth.
然后抓把狗屎塞进四分卫的嘴里(怪罪他人)
Of course.
当然
The Fed will do something.
美联储会做些什么的
They have to.
他们不得不
We’ve got to announce the Lehman bankruptcy now.
现在我们必须宣布雷曼破产
If Asia opens and this isn’t locked down, everyone’s gonna assume the worst.
若是亚洲开市,这儿还没关闭,每人都会做出最坏的推断
The sell-off will kill the Merrill-B of A deal.
股份暴跌会葬送美林和美国银行的买♥♥卖♥♥
Who’s gonna make the announcement? I think it’s gotta be SEC.
谁来做宣告? 证券交易委员会吧
Yeah.

Okay.

Let’s do it here. How soon can we set that up?
就这么干吧。多快能准备好?
Right away.
马上
We could use the main floor, the entrance hall.
我们能利用主层入口大厅
With the statue behind me? Excellent.
在我背后还会有雕像?棒极了
Did Lehman actually agree to file?
雷曼同意提出申请了吗?
Chris, call Lehman.
克里斯,联♥系♥雷曼
Make sure they file right now.
确认一下
Absolutely.
的确该确认下
AIG’s a huge problem.
美国国际集团是个大问题
The books are a mess. But from what I can tell,
一团糟,但我分辨得出
half the banks in the world are in bed with these guys.
全球一半的银行都和这些家伙在同一条船上
Everyone who had a piece-of-crap mortgage security
每个持有垃圾抵押证券的人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!