Listen, you know, if Hank wants me to find a buyer,
听着,汉克想让我找个买♥♥家
you guys need to step up and help.
你们得站出来帮我
The Koreans just walked out, okay?
韩国人才刚刚离开,好吗?
Look, I’m just speaking for myself here,
我只是站在个人角度发表意见
but I think you need to do what’s right for the firm.
你需要做对公♥司♥有益的决定
Do what’s right?
做有益的决定?
What is that supposed to mean?
那是什么意思?
If your stock price keeps sliding,
若是股价持续下跌
you may get an offer at a price that doesn’t look all that compelling,
你或许会交易到一个看上去不那么吸引人的股价
but you may have to take it just to keep the company intact.
可为了保护公♥司♥你必须得接受
What kind of price are you talking about?
你指的是怎样的价格?
Could be…
会是…
I mean, it might be low single digits.
可能是很低的单股股价
Last February, we were at 66 a share.
上个二月份我们还是每股66块钱
Lehman Brothers is not Bear Stearns.
雷曼兄弟不是贝尔斯登
We’ve got a great business. Real estate’s gonna come back.
我们做的是大生意。房♥地♥产♥会回春的
I am not fucking giving this company away!
我绝不会将公♥司♥拱手相让的!
Freddie Mac 房♥地美公♥司♥ 也称 弗雷迪马克公♥司♥
Fannie Mae 房♥利美 即 联邦国民抵押贷款协会
While the real estate market has put Lehman Brothers shares under pressure,
房♥地♥产♥市场令雷曼兄弟股票倍感重压
mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac stocks
抵押贷款行业巨擘房♥利美和房♥地美公♥司♥股票
are suddenly plummeting this morning, after reports the companies
于今晨骤降,宣告消息后公♥司♥
may need to raise $75 billion just to remain solvent.
需要集资七百五十亿去避免濒临破产
Because they guarantee such an enormous percentage of the nation’s mortgages,
公♥司♥担♥保♥着如此大占比的国家抵押贷款
there is renewed speculation that the government
让人不禁猜测政♥府♥
may have to step in and take them over,
或许会介入并接管
a possibility Barack Obama has now raised on the campaign trail.
巴拉克·奥巴马在竞选活动中筹资成功的话
If Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac collapsed,
如果房♥利美和房♥地美公♥司♥倒闭
总统候选人
参议员 巴拉克·奥巴马
then probably the financial system would receive such a body blow
金融系统可能会承受沉重的打击
that it could be disastrous.
跟灾难一样
Freddie just dropped another 8%. Fannie’s down 5%.
房♥地美刚又跌了8%。房♥利美跌了5%
纽约联邦储备银行行长
蒂莫西·盖特纳
There’s no bottom here. We need to do something. Now.
再跌下去是没底的。我们得做些什么。现在
We’re working on a proposal for Congress,
我们忙着给国会交提案
see if we can get the authority to put some money in.
看看是否能得到授权,弄些集资的钱
I’d rather not go that way, but if we get there…
我很不想这么做,可如果真到了那地步…
(STUTTERING) I think we’re already there.
(磕巴)我觉得已经到了
How much are you gonna ask for? A blank check.
你要多少钱? 一张空头支票
It has to be enough of a statement to reassure the market.
足够让安抚市场上的恐慌
They need to think I’ve got a bazooka in my pocket.
他们需要知道我能像火箭筒那样发威发力
I’m not saying that we use it, but if we have the authority,
我不是说我会这么做,但真拿到授权的话
everyone who’s dumping their shares will calm down, back off.
那些疯狂抛售股票的人会冷静停手,重返股市的
Okay, if you’re going to Congress, why don’t we give to the banks, too?
你去国会的话,为啥不把银行的事也给办了?
‘Cause Lehman’s looking like shit and Merrill’s not far behind.
雷曼现在就是坨狗屎,美林证券也不远了
We’ll be lucky to get them to move on Fannie and Freddie.
能让国会出资给。房♥利美和房♥地美就是走大运了
We do what we can do.
我们只做力所能及的事
2008年8月8日
北♥京♥奥♥运♥会
PHOTOGRAPHER 1: Secretary, Mrs. Paulson, over here.
摄影师 其一:部长,保尔森先生,这边
PHOTOGRAPHER 2: Over here, please.
摄影师 其二:这边,请
Secretary Paulson, over here, please.
保尔森部长,看这儿
PHOTOGRAPHER 2: Mrs. Paulson. Thank you.
摄影师 其二:保尔森先生。谢谢
PHOTOGRAPHER 3: Mrs. Paulson.
摄影师 其三: 保尔森先生
CHINESE WOMAN: Mr. Paulson.
中国女子:保尔森先生
PHOTOGRAPHER 1 : Mr. and Mrs. Paulson, this way, please.
摄影师 其一:保尔森先生和夫人
Mr. Secretary, please.
部长先生,请
I’ve got her. You should take her.
抓住这妞儿了。 你该看好她
PHOTOGRAPHER 1: Right over here, Secretary Paulson, please.
摄影师 其一:就是这里,部长先生
HOTOGRAPHER 2: Secretary, over here.
P摄影师 其二:部长,这儿
Big smile. Thank you.
笑一下,谢谢
That’s just what I need.
那就是我要的
Press photos of the Treasury Secretarywaving the Chinese flag.
财政部长挥舞着中国国旗,刊登在新闻照片上
(LAUGHS) Paulson the Communist. The look on your face was priceless.
(大笑)保尔森共♥产♥主义者。要让你笑可真不容易
Hank, I must ask youabout Fannie and Freddie.
汉克,我必须得知道关于房♥利美和房♥地美的情况
We have hundreds of billions invested. You’ve assured us the investment is safe.
我们上千亿元的投资在里面。你保证过很安全
And it is, absolutely.
当然,事实如此
We’re watching a great deal of our money disappear.
但眼看损失巨额的资金
Share prices have dropped 60% in the last two months.
在过去2个月股价已经跌了60%
Carrying your bazooka around has not helped matters.
手持火箭筒却没有一点用
Congress gave you the power. Perhaps it is time to use it.
国会给你权力,或许是时候用了
The market will stabilize. We just have to give it some time.
市场会稳定下来的。我们得给它一些时间
(房♥利美和房♥地美出现次数太多了,我受不了了)
Fannie and Freddie 之后简称“双房♥”
There was an approach last month from Russia.
上个月有个联络,来自俄♥罗♥斯♥方面
They have considerable holdings in Fannie and Freddie as well.
他们也大量持有双房♥美股票
They suggested we coordinate, and without warning,
他们建议合作协调,然后毫无预兆地
dump hundreds of billions of Fannie and Freddie bonds onto the market
向市场倾销上千亿的双房♥债券
That would be… Chaos.
那将会… 混乱不堪
The amount of debt your country carries is a terrible vulnerability.
你国持有的大量债务脆弱得可怕
But you… We declined, respectfully.
但是你们… 礼貌地婉拒了
Even in the US, it seems
就算在美国
the relationship between the government and private industry isn’t so simple.
政♥府♥与私人企业之间的关系看上去也并不简单
Was it a threat?
算是威胁?
No, no, it was a friendly reminder
不,不。是友好的提醒
that with a single phone call to Moscow, they can take down the entire US economy.
简单一通到莫斯科的电♥话♥就能使整个美♥利♥坚♥经济崩塌
Fannie and Freddie are a nightmare.
(清了下喉咙)报道说双房♥就是个噩梦
They are in the hole easily tens of billions of dollars.
他们就像黑洞,轻松吸走上百亿元
Another few weeks, they’re gonna start defaulting on their debts.
几周后开始拖欠债务
We’re gonna have to step in. I don’t see how we can avoid it.
我们不得不 介入的。 我也不觉得我们能不介入
Turns out a bazooka’s not that useful unless you fire it.
拿出火箭筒并没有用,除非你真的开火
Lehman’s down another 10%.
雷曼又跌了10%
You are not gonna let me get down a single bite, are you?
你是存心不想让我有心情吃饭了?
This is why I have oatmeal.
这就是我吃燕麦粥的原因
Dick is trotting around the world with his hat in his hands,
迪克遍处游说
no one will give him any money.
无人给予他一笔钱财
Korea walked out on him. Mexico told him to shove it.
韩国人从他身旁离席。墨西哥那边吃闭门羹
No one’s interested. All the dumb money’s already in.
没人感兴趣。所有蠢货的钱都套完了
What about B of A? Are they still in the mix?
美国银行呢?还在联♥系♥吗?
And Barclays is sniffing around again, now that they think it’s a fire sale.
巴克莱又在四下嗅探了,现在他们又觉得贱卖♥♥了不值
That’s promising. I don’t know.
有希望啊。 不知道
The British, they do a lot of talking. They never close.
英国那边,谈得很多,可就是没成
(2002年8月前称美洲银行)
Bank of America :美国银行
B of A is still our best bet. This can’t be another Bear.
美国银行是最好的押注选择。 决不能成为另一个贝尔斯登
Absolutely not. They want Lehman, they buy it outright.
当然不会。他们想要雷曼的话,就会马上就买♥♥下它
But they may need a little hand-holding, though.
但他们可能需要稍微收一下了
They just bought Countrywide. They’re spread a little thin.
才全国大范围性地收♥购♥,手里不够充裕
You may have to give them a break with the capital requirements.
得用些资金需求让他们缓缓,喘口气
You want me to allow them to raise their leverage
你想我允许提高借贷比例
so they can buy a bank that’s about to fail because it was overleveraged?
这样他们就能因为举债过度收♥购♥一家快要倒闭的银行
You got a better idea?
有更好的主意?
Breaking news just coming in. Sources telling CNBC
重磅新闻,来自CNBC线人消息
雷曼破产
双房♥被管
that the government has just taken control of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
政♥府♥已经接管双房♥公♥司♥
Back in July, you remember, Hank Paulson said
回想7月,你会记得汉克·保尔森说过
that he wanted the power to step in, but he probably wouldn’t use it.
他想有介入的权力但却不一定行使
It certainly sounds like Paulson just pulled the trigger on that bazooka.
看来保尔森真的扣动了火箭筒扳机
Despite the move to nationalize Fannie and Freddie,
尽管双房♥公♥司♥被收归国有
纽约市
2008年9月11日
the market is still in negative territory across the board.
市场依旧寒风劲吹,凉彻董事会
Investors now focusing their attention on Lehman Brothers,
投资者把精力聚焦在雷曼兄弟身上
amid fresh reports that the nation’s fourth-largest investment bank
在最新报告中,国家第四大投资银行
may be on the brink of bankruptcy.
或将陷于破产边缘
Rodge.
罗奇
Chris.
克里斯
Bring your money today, huh~
今天把钱带来了,哈~
银行收♥购♥专家
克里斯·弗劳尔斯
Make sure Fuld’s not keeping any bad news out of the mix.
福尔德没藏着什么坏消息吧
指的是向未来的新合伙人披露某一项目或本公♥司♥的内部运作情况
open kimono:展开和服
It’s “open kimono,” to quote Dick.
“展开和服”,引用迪克的话
H·罗金·科恩
H.Rodgin Cohen
There’s a revolting image.
想想就恶心
(CLEARS THROAT) Did, uh, you get a look at the numbers?
(清理下喉咙)呃,你知道收♥购♥的价钱吗?