问你个问题
35,000 jobs just disappeared in this city between AIG, Lehman and Bear.
AIG、雷曼和贝尔斯登让这座城市的3500个职位化为虚无
We make a deal with Jamie, he’ll fire 20,000 Morgan Stanley employees.
我和杰米合作,他会让摩根士丹利2000位员工下岗
You think that’s good public policy?
你觉得这是个好策略?
John, we are looking at the whole system here.
约翰,我们观望的是整个局势
The Chinese are leaving.
中国人要走了
Gao found out we’re also talking to Mitsubishi.
高发现我们还在和三菱协商
I gotta go.
我得去了
All right, get me Kuroyanagi and a Japanese translator.
给我联♥系♥上黑柳,再找个日语翻译
We’re closing with Mitsubishi tonight.
我们和三菱今晚签协议
Tim Geithner’s calling again.
提姆·盖特纳又在来电了
Cover your ears.
捂住耳朵
You tell Tim Geithner to fucking blow me. I’m trying to save my company.
告诉盖特纳来给我吹♥喇♥叭♥。我忙着挽救公♥司♥呢
Put him on the schedule, but make sure it’s after lunch,
把他提上行程,但是得确定在午餐后
雷曼破产后七天
2008年9月22日
because that way I can fit Madeline in beforehand. And…
因为那样我酒能提前接待玛德琳。而且…
Morgan just made a deal with Mitsubishi.
摩根士丹利和三菱交易达成了
So we’re the only bank with our dick still in the wind.
所以我们成了唯一一个寒风独屌♥立的银行了
I’m calling Buffett again.
我再和巴菲特联♥系♥
(CELL PHONE RINGING)
手♥机♥响
Grandpa, they keep calling. What if it’s important?
爷爷,他们一直给你打电♥话♥。万一很重要呢
They always think it’s important.
他们一直觉得自己很重要
All right, I’ll make it fast.
好吧,很快就打完
Warren, thanks for calling back. How are you?
沃伦,谢谢你回电。你可好?
Just fine, Lloyd. What can I do for you today?
还好,劳埃德。你有事吗?
I’d like to talk to you about taking a stake in Goldman Sachs.
我很想和您谈谈高盛股份的事
What do you have in mind? Sounds expensive.
你在想什么,听起来很贵啊
Maybe not.
或许不贵
PAULSON: You better have good news,
保尔森:你最好有好消息
because I might be dead before we finish haggling over TARP.
我可能死在在防水布计划(财政救助)实施之前
Buffett’s throwing five billion into Goldman.
巴菲特向高盛注资五十亿
We’re off the ledge.
我们悬在边上
For the moment.
一刻钟
The October surprise arrived a little early,
十月惊喜来得有些早
(CNN背景)
重磅新闻
with a game-changing jolt to the White House race.
颠覆性的意外事件发生在白宫政♥权♥竞争上
Call it a master stroke or a desperate Hail Mary pass,
称它为精彩一击还是一声绝望的万福马利亚呢
McCain announced he would suspend his campaign
麦克凯恩宣布延缓他的竞选活动
and asked for this Friday’s debate to be postponed
要求这周五的辩论延迟
so he can return to Washington to focus on the economic crisis.
这样他就能回华盛顿专注于经济危机问题
Now is our chance to come together to prove that Washington is once again
现在我们有机会一起来证明华盛顿又一次
capable of leading this country.
有实力引领这个国家
Thank God he came back.
感谢上帝他回来了
Like Daniel Day-Lewis in Last of the Mohicans,
就像《最后的莫希干人》中的丹尼尔·戴-刘易斯
he will find us!
他会找到我们
They’re blowing it up. What happened?
他们在搞砸事。 怎么了?
McCain wanted to swoop in and save the day, but doesn’t have any idea how to do it.
麦克凯恩想要趁虚而入,反败为胜,但他自己却不知道该怎么做
It’s a 100-page piece of legislation we’ve been carefully negotiating for days.
那可是上百页的立法提案,我们已经小心翼翼谈判好几天了
What, did he think they were gonna sit around and spitball?
啥,他以为自己随便坐坐玩玩就可以?
Yeah, when McCain got here
是的,当他到的时候
and found out that the deal was basically done, he went apeshit.
发现大事将完,他会勃然大怒的
The Republicans fell in behind their guy. They wanna start all over again.
共和党落后于他人。他要求全部重来一遍
Democrats flipped out. Republicans dug in.
民♥主♥党精神失常,共和党尽力做事
Clusterfuck. Clusterfuck.
简直无理取闹 简直无理取闹
Where’s Hank? Still talking to McCain.
汉克人呢? 还在跟麦克凯恩说话呢
If you or anyone else does anything
假如你或者其他人做了些事
that causes the next depression, it is not gonna be on me.
导致下次大萧条,将会算在我头上
I have a big mouth, Senator,
我大嘴吧,议员
a very big mouth. Hold on…
非常大。 等等…
He’s not threatening the Republican presidential nominee, is he?
他没在威胁共和党总统候选人吧?
Something’s gotta be done. No, no. Excuse me, please.
必须做些什么。 不。抱歉
Where are the Democrats?
民♥主♥党呢?
They’re right down this way.
他们在下面
Is Nancy there? Yes. Yes, she is.
南希在吗? 在,在,她在
Thank you.
感谢
PAULSON: Nancy…
保尔森:南希…
Oh, gee, Hank. I didn’t know you were Catholic.
噢,天,汉克!我都不知道你是天主教
I beg of you, don’t blow this up. It was a bad meeting,
求你,别让这件事泡汤。会议很糟
but we need to get together on this.
可我们必须一起致力解决问题
We’re not the ones trying to blow it up.
我们没有要破坏的意思
I just ask you to stay with us.
我只是请求你们能站在我们这边
Please.
恳求
The House began debating the rescue bill at 9:27 this morning.
今早9:27众议院开始讨论救援提案
At about 1:28 p.m., Congress did finaIIy act.
大约下午1:28,国会终于有所行动
This is a squeaker of a vote. NEWSCASTER: We are down to it right now.
这个投票太短促了。 新闻播音员:我们快要被否决了
It looks like the Democrats delivered their caucus
看上去民♥主♥党核心人物都提交了
and the Republicans so far have not.
共和党目前还没
COMMENTATOR 1: What do you think they could do to change the bill
时事评论员 其一:你觉得什么转变了议案朝向
to get a few Republican votes over to the other side?
对比对方只获得少数共和党赞成票?
COMMENTATOR 2: If they hang Wall Street CEOs,
评论员 其二:如果他们把华尔街CEO们都吊起来
I think that would get a few more votes.
我认为那样会得到更多的票数
COMMENTATOR 3: I’m not sure what they could do exactly.
评论员 其三:我不确定到底他们会怎么投
It is possible that the leadership of the Congress would conclude
很可能国会领导层会得出结论
that there’s nothing that can get a majority of support
无法获得多数支持
and see what Hank Paulson can do and the administration can do.
看看汉克·保尔森和政♥府♥做了什么
COMMENTATOR 1: Leaders are negotiating right now
评论员 一:领导正在商讨
who risks their seat. And that’s what I’m hearing.
谁会威胁他们的职位。那是我听闻到的
Pelosi wouldn’t have brought the bill to the floor
佩洛西不会提议案的事
if she didn’t think it would pass.
她认为不行的话
COMMENTATOR 1: I don’t know the answer to that, Charlie. I can’t answer.
评论员 一: 我不知道答案,查理。我无法回答
I’m just reading an e-mail that’s coming to me.
我读一封刚发来的邮件
COMMENTATOR 3: I think the bottom line is they gotta go back to the drawing board.
评论员 其三:我认为底线就是重回开头阶段
COMMENTATOR 4: Do they have the time, though, to do that?
评论员 其四:还有时间吗,他们?
Look at the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
看看道琼斯工业平均指数
COMMENTATOR 3: You know you’re gonna get a sell-off.
评论员 其三:股价跌破破天际
COMMENTATOR 2: You guys, at this point, we just gotta hold on to the sides of the kayak
评论员 其二:此刻我们必须撑稳了独木舟
and ride through this because…
因为…
COMMENTATOR 2: They didn’t pass it.
评论员 其二:他们不会通过法案
COMMENTATOR 1: They did not pass it. COMMENTATOR 2: It just wasn’t enough.
评论员 其一:没通过。 评论员 其二:票数还不够
COMMENTATOR 1: They’re gonna end up being nine votes short, Bill.
评论员 其一:比尔,他们会以缺九票结束会议
COMMENTATOR 4: Say that again, Steve.
评论员 其四:史蒂夫,再说一遍
COMMENTATOR 1: I think they’re gonna end up being nine votes…
评论员 其一:我觉得结果还是会差九票…
If they get all six… Five of the remaining votes,
若他们得到全部6…剩余5票
they’ll be 10 votes short now if they get all five remaining.
会差10票,如果剩余5票拿到的话
The writing is on the wall there.
结果显而易见
COMMENTATOR 5: And we’re here down on the floor.
评论员 其五:在议员投票上我们失败了
Of course, traders have been standing around.
商人已经在来回踱步了
Look, we’re all here in knots…
看,都涌到一起…
The networks are waiting for you in the press room.
记者们都在新闻发布会厅等着你
I can’t even…
我甚至无法…
We have to go back again.
我们还得再试一试
They don’t get to say no on this.
他们没否定提案呢
Okay.
好吧
The White House wants a meeting.
白宫想开个会
Good. We’ll come up with a new strategy.
很好。我们会提出新策略
The White House has to push harder on the Hill.
白宫会向国会施加压力
Meanwhile, we need to keep working on what we do with the money.
同时我们继续实行之前的计划
Let’s act like this is gonna work.
想着它会起效,行动起来
In that case, let’s talk about cash injections.
在这种情况下,我们商量下资金注入吧
Here we go again. We can’t nationalize the banks.
又来了。 我们不能国有化银行
It’s not nationalizing…
这不是国有化…
That’s how Japan got itself a decade-long recession.
那就是日本经济衰退长达十年之久的原因
Is that where we wanna go?
我们想变成那样吗?
What else do we have?
还剩什么?
Cash for Trash.
金坷垃(购买♥♥垃圾资产)
Buying toxic assets is still our go-to move.
买♥♥下不良资产依旧是我们要做的
All right. Find a way to simplify it.
好吧。简化处理
Dan, work something up.
丹,让它起效吧
For discussion purposes, let’s see what it would look like.
为了便于讨论,还是等看看结果会怎样吧
For those who supported the $700 billion Wall Street bailout,
支持对华尔街七千亿美元的财政救援的人来说
it was a surprising and stunning failure

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!