你是个好主人 乔
You’ve been a fine host, Joe.
你待我和我的狗就像家人一样
You treated me and my dogs like family.
谢谢你
Thank you.
它能行吗
He up to it?
我们会回家的
We’ll make it.
我们卧室里有条狗
There’s a dog in our bedroom.
是的
Yes, there is.
我们床上有条狗
There’s a dog on our bed.
是的
Yes. There is.
你应该叫醒我的
You should’ve woke me.
现在该轮到我来陪他了
You had him to yourself long enough.
话说回来 根据报纸的报道
Then again, to hear the newspapers tell it,
你从没离开家 都是巴尔托和贡纳的功劳
you never left the house. It was all Balto and Gunnar.
有人来了
We have company.
如果你喜欢梨 我想这个会让你开心
If you like pears, these’ll put a smile on your face, I think.
谢谢你 艾琳 请进
Thank you, Eileen. Come in.
培根 这是我做过最好的
Ah, bacon. It’s the best I ever made right here.
谢谢你 比尔
Thank you, Bill.
阿赛
Sepp!
真的 你们太客气 了
Really, this is too much.
这些还远远不够呢
It’s not nearly enough.
早上好 丹
Good morning, Dan.
早上好 康斯坦丝
Morning, Constance.
阿赛
Sepp.
我拿了些用不上的毛皮塞满了稻草
So, I had some furs laying around and I stuffed them with straw.
省得让它趴在冰凉的地板上
You know, something for between him and the cold floor.
多哥
Togo.
我为你做了样东西
I made something for you.
来吧 试一试
Well, go on. Give it a try.
来吧
Go on.
谢谢你 丹
Thank you, Dan.
请坐 我给你倒点咖啡
Have a seat. I’ll bring you some coffee.
不用了 我也想喝
No. No, I mean, I’d love to,
但我还要去照顾我的狗
but I have my own dogs to attend,
谢谢你
so thank you.
阿赛
Sepp.
早上好 丹
Morning, Dan.
-咚咚咚 -你好 市长 请进
– Knock-knock. – Hello, Mayor. Come in.
这样可以吗
That all right, then?
阿赛 非常感谢你
Sepp, thank you so much.
感谢你为我们做的一切
We appreciate everything you’ve done for us.
非常感激 赛裴拉先生
Ever so grateful, Mr. Seppala.
-非常感谢 -谢谢你
– Thank you so much. – Thank you.
怎么没完没了
No, it’s too much.
你们好 萨利 戴夫 请进吧
Hi, Sally. Hello, Dev. Won’t you please come in?
给我的
For me?
是多哥
It’s Togo.
谢谢你
Thank you.
爸爸雕的 但是我上的色
Father carved it, but I painted it.
非常逼真 萨利 谢谢你
Well, it’s a brilliant likeness, Sally. Thank you.
它喜欢摸耳朵
He likes his ears.
换做其他人
Another man would be enjoying
也许会享受被众人瞩目 但你不会
all this but not a private man like yourself.
对吧
Am I right?
你觉得它在外面暖和吗
Do you think he stayed warm outside?
如果不是她坚持要求 我也不会来
I wouldn’t have come myself if not for her insistence.
但她想见它
But she wanted to see him…
而我想每时每刻陪着她
and I want to be with her at every moment.
从旁边
Around the side.
-头顶 -头顶
– Top? – The top.
很奇怪 我…我看着她 但是
It’s strange. You know, I– I see her and yet…
我不知怎么描述 感觉不现实
I don’t know how to describe it, it’s unworldly.
你明白吗
Does that make sense?
似乎现在和她在一起的每一刻都不真实
Kinda like every moment I’m with her seems impossible yet…
但她确实在这里
yet there she is.
赛裴拉先生
Mr. Seppala…
多哥要死了吗
is Togo going to die?
莱昂哈德 莱昂哈德
Leonhard. Leonhard.
失陪一下 我为你们准备了蛋糕 先别走
Excuse me. I have cake for you both so please stay.
-好的 -别走
– Okay. – Please.
莱昂哈德 回去道歉
Leonhard, come back inside and apologize.
他们是我们的客人
They’re guests in our home.
替我道歉吧
Apologize for me.
她没有恶意 她只是个孩子
She meant no ill by it. She’s just a child.
我知道 她说出了实情
I know. She spoke the truth.
不 别那么说 它正在康复
No, don’t say that. He’s on the mend.
那不是冬季跛脚 它也不是伤了爪子
It’s not winter lameness. He doesn’t have a bad paw.
你知道的 你之前见过
You know. You’ve seen it before.
换条狗领头能成功吗
Well, could another dog have lead?
再也没机会知道了
We’ll never know.
你应该想象一下戴夫没了孩子
Well, I think you should consider a world where Dev has no child
我没了丈夫的情形
and I have no husband.
你试图警告我的所有事都发生了
Everything you ever tried to warn me about has come true.
是我把它逼上了死路
I have run him to death.
是我
I have.
而我完全没做好准备
And I’m not at all prepared.
注意安全
Be safe.
我得走了
I have to go.
我得去工作
I have to go to work.
原谅我
Forgive me.
多哥 多哥 来
Togo. Togo! Hey. Come.
多哥 来
Togo! Hey! Come.
过来 多哥 过来 来
Come now. Togo, come now. Come.
多哥 来 别叫了
Togo! Come. Calm down.
向前
Hike up!
安静
Quiet!
好了 出发
Okay. Hike!
多哥 要来点培根吗
Togo, you want some bacon?
好孩子 多…
Good boy. Tog–
不 不 不行 多哥
No! No, no, no, no. No! Togo! Hey!
多哥
Togo!
多哥 多哥 回来
Togo! Togo, come!
多哥
Togo!
多哥
Togo!
多哥
Togo!

Whoa!
我居然以为可以拦住多哥 真是太天真了
It was foolish of me to think Togo would ever be denied.
我总以为它是为雪橇而生
I always thought he lived for the sled.
最终才发现 它一直是为我而生
When all along, what he lived for was me.
我们回到了路上
We resumed the trail.
我们发现散步和奔跑一样好
We discovered a walk was as good as a run.
康斯坦丝一如既往地正确
As always, Constance was right.
多哥有生存的意志
Togo had the heart of a survivor.
本世纪最大的暴风雪
Not the storm of the century,
艰难的血清接力都无法阻挡它
nor a harrowing serum run could stop him.
它退休后有了一个新身份
He lived out his golden years with a new job…
父亲
father.
两年间它留下许多后代
For two years he sired pups.
美国其它地区的人歌♥颂巴尔托
While the lower 48 celebrated Balto,
但全世界的雪橇人都争先恐后想要多哥的后代
mushers from all over the world elbowed to get one of Togo’s line.
从费尔班克斯到缅因的狗舍
Kennels from Fairbanks to Maine
都开始培育后来被称作赛裴拉西伯利亚犬的犬种
bred what came to be known as Seppala Siberians.
一个以聪明 坚韧 勇敢而著称的犬种
A breed valued for their intelligence, stamina, courage,
但最重要的是其温顺的性格
but most of all, their good nature
以及与人类之间非凡的感情
and uncommon bond with humans.
它在12月的一个周四离开了我们
He left us on a Thursday in December.
康斯坦丝和我继续从事养狗工作
Constance and I continued working with dogs
因为和它们在一起久了
because if you’re around them long enough…

Whoa!
就变得和它们密不可分
they tend to get under your skin.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!