He was right.
我在这个国家挖了那么多的洞
I’ve dug so many holes in this country.
按照平均法则的说法
The law of averages would say that,
至少我会找到一点♥金♥子 但是…
at least, I’d find some gold but…
没有
no.
我的业务是狗 不是宠物 是工作犬
My business is dogs, not pets. Working dogs.
难免要做一些很艰难的决定
And hard decisions have to be made.
如果这就是我们要做的最艰难的决定
If this is the hardest decision we ever have to make,
那我们很幸运
then you can consider us lucky.
你看到的是勇气和可爱
You see spirit and something lovable.
而我只看到麻烦 费时和失败
All I see is trouble, waste of time, and failure.
出发
Step up!
它太完美了
Oh, he’s just perfect.
但它精于逃跑 我之前也跟你说过
He’s an escape artist, though, as I told you before.
别担心 我想让他做室内犬
Don’t worry about that. I want him to be an inside dog.
室内可能不…
Well, inside might not–
去年冬天 我的门口出现了狼
Last winter I had wolves at the door.
它们会在窗口跳起来 盯着我看
They would jump up at the window and stare at me.
相信我 我在爱尔兰的家乡没有狼
Trust me. There were no wolves where I was raised in Ireland.
但有了这小子陪我 没有狼敢进来
But with this lad by my side, no wolf would dare enter.
除非它给它们开门
Unless he opens the door for them.
你说什么
I beg pardon?
我妻子只是在提醒我 我们得走了
My wife was just reminding me that we must be going.
请好好享受小狗的陪伴
So, please, enjoy your puppy.
谢谢你
Thank you.
没事的 宝贝 这是你的新家
It’s okay, sweetheart. This is your new home.
它会好好的
He’ll be fine.
好了 出发
Okay, hike!
够了 你这蠢狗
That’s enough now, you daft mongrel.
你不是狗 你就是魔鬼
You’re no dog, you’re the Devil himself.
那好吧 你继续跑
That’s it. You go ahead and run.
但你出不去
There’s no way out.
时间多得是
All the time in the world.
你可以一直跑到累瘫为止
You’ll run till you’re tired,
然后我们就可以开始学习规矩了
then we can start working on your manners.
这里不是小克里克 你个小泼皮
Oi! This isn’t Little Creek anymore, you little hooligan.
这样好多了
That’s better.
就这样
There you are.
好了 你乖乖的
Now, you be a good boy
我给你弄一块好吃的牛排当午饭
and I’ll fix you a nice beef steak for your lunch.
不 不 不
Oh, no! No. No!
跑 跑
Hike! Hike!
停
Whoa!
停
Whoa!
方圆几里的食肉动物都能闻到血腥味
Every predator for miles smells that blood.
我是在救你
I’m trying to save your life.
好了 罗斯基 跟我来
Okay, Russky, come with me.
过来 上去 上去
Come on, up. Up.
乖狗狗
Good dog.
不行 想都别想
Oh, no. Don’t even think about it.
好了 你在最后一排
All right. Last row for you.
认识一下伊尔莎 惹它试试
Meet Ilsa. Try something with her
我敢保证 你会后悔的
and I promise you, you’ll regret it.
好了 出发
All right, hike!
你比伊尔莎快 看看正经跑起来怎么样
Well, you outran Ilsa. Let’s see how you do on point.
好
Good.
过来
Come on.
乖狗狗 延斯
Good dog, Jens.
向左
Haw!
乖狗狗
Good pups.
乖狗狗 乖狗狗 乖狗狗
Good dogs! Good dogs! Good dogs!
停
Whoa!
我从来没有见过这么神奇的事
It’s the most extraordinary thing I’ve ever seen.
他不是雪橇犬 他是领头犬
He’s not a sled dog, he’s a lead dog.
你没看到 他跑得比其它所有狗都快
You should have seen him. He outran every single one of them.
-他太出色了 未来的冠军 -有血
– He’s magnificent. A future champion. – There’s blood.
你说得对 他有生存的意志
You were right. He’s got the heart of a survivor.
我要给它取名叫多哥
I’m going to name him Togo.
日本海军元帅东乡平八郎
创下近代史上东方黄种人
打败西方白种人的先例
和海军大将同名
After the admiral.
不被看好的狗和不被看好的人同名
An underdog named for an underdog.
很适合
It’s fitting.
亲爱的 能过来一下吗
Honey! Come here, please?
快来 绕过它 它不会动的
Come. Step around him, he won’t move.
-我有事要做 -过来 坐我旁边
– I have things to do. – Over here. Next to me.
拜托
Please.
现在叫它 叫它进卧室
Okay, now, call him. Ask him to come into the bedroom.
叫嘛
Do it.
多哥 过来
Togo, come.
再来一次
Again.
这不公平
This isn’t fair.
当然公平 再叫一次 语气强硬点
Of course it is. Again, more demanding.
多哥 给我进来
Togo, you come in this room!
我丈夫想证明某种观点
My husband is trying to prove a point of some kind.
狗不准进卧室
No dogs in the bedroom.
真乖 多哥 真乖
Good boy, Togo. Good boy.
棒极了
Outstanding!
好狗狗
Good dog.
我不在乎州长怎么说 他错了
I don’t care what the governor says, he’s wrong.
不管你怎么想 雅费特
Irrespective of how you feel, Jafet…
赛裴拉夫人
Well, Mrs. Seppala.
这种天气能驱雪橇五十公里都是走运
Any musher would be lucky to survive 30 miles in this weather.
赛裴拉是唯一能跑更远的
Seppala’s the only one who can survive a longer run!
接力是什么玩意
What’s this nonsense about a relay?
康斯坦丝 这是好事
Now, Constance, this is a good thing.
-就是这个吗 -是的
– Is this it? – It is.
尼纳纳和沙克图利克之间的驿站
Fourteen teams stationed at these roadhouses
配置十四支接力队
between Nenana and Shaktoolik.
我们说话的同时 他们就在跑短程
Even as we speak, they’re running short legs
将血清依次传给下一个雪橇
passing the serum from one sled to the next.
我们这头 两支雪橇队会去这些驿站
And on our end, two teams will go out to these roadhouses
等待赛裴拉
and wait for Seppala.
我们这边的接力还需要一架雪橇
We’ll need another sled for the relay on our end.
你能帮我们准备一队雪橇犬吗
Is it possible you can put together a team for us?
当然
Of course.
你们的人贡纳 他能驾雪橇吗
Do you think your man, Gunnar, would drive them?
-当然 -很好
– Of course. – Good.
州长什么时候想出这接力的
The governor came up with this when?
赛裴拉离开十二小时后
Twelve hours after Seppala departed.
游戏开始后规则就由政客改变了
Leave it to a politician to change the rules after the game’s begun.
不 这是好事
No. This is a good thing.
赛裴拉无需跑那么远
Seppala won’t have to go as far.
-但他完全不知道接力存在 -正是
– But he has no idea there’s a relay. – Exactly.
拜托
Just… Please.
据最佳估计
Now, by best estimate,
接力应该明天会到沙克图利克的驿站
the relay should be at the roadhouse in Shaktoolik tomorrow.
州长的人已经都算清楚了
Now the governor’s people have worked this all out.
大家认为 赛裴拉明天到达沙克图利克时
And by all accounts, when Seppala arrives at Shaktoolik tomorrow,
血清一定会在那里等着他
the serum will be there waiting for him.
他已经在沙克图利克了
He’s in Shaktoolik now.
-或者过了 -什么 不不 那不可能
– Or past it. – What? No. No, that’s not possible.
我了解我丈夫
I know my husband,
如果诺顿湾结冰了 他肯定已经过去了
if there’s ice on Norton Sound, he’s crossed it.
这么大的风雪 他肯定不会尝试从冰上…
In this storm? Surely he’s not going to try and cross–
他当然会
Of course he would.
绕过诺顿湾要145公里 横穿只要32
Going around the Sound is 90 miles, crossing it is 20.
诺顿湾
来回各省一天
He saves a day each way.
乔治 如果诺顿湾结冰了 他肯定已经过去了
George, if there’s ice on the Sound, he’s crossed it.
如果他们没能在驿站遇上
And if they don’t meet at the roadhouse–
那么他们就在路上接头