比利时是一个软弱的国家
Belgium is a soft country.
相反 挪威 是一个严酷的国家
Norway, on the other hand, is a harsh country.
在布鲁塞尔 你可以睡在羽绒床上
In Brussels, you’d sleep in a feathered bed
早餐吃鲑鱼籽
and have salmon roe for breakfast.
在斯托尔菲尤尔 你活不了几天
In Storfjord, your days would be numbered.
第一个教训 绝不要和比利时人结婚
Lesson number one: never marry a Belgian.
他们太感情用事了
They’re sentimental.
结果就是你要辛苦工作好几天
And you end up doing days of hard work
解决一个用一颗子弹几秒钟就能搞定的问题
for a problem that a bullet solves in seconds.
第二个
Lesson number two:
给你的教训 撒旦 或者不管你叫什么
for you, Satan, or whatever your name is…
这回再试试挖洞出来
try digging out now.
好了
Okay!
出发 干得好
Hike! Hike! Good job!
别捣乱
Stop that!
别捣乱
Stop that! Hey!
不 不
No! No!
你这个家伙
You.
不好
Oh, no.
放轻松 别理会
Easy now. Leave it!
不要理会
Leave it!
不行 不行
No! No!
别追 停下
Leave it! No!
冲过去
On by!
别追了
Leave it!
别追了
Leave it alone!
不要
No!
向左 向左
Haw! Haw!
滚开
Go! Get!
你什么时候开始担心
Since when did you start worrying
别人进入雪橇用具房♥了
about keeping people out of the tack room?
这不是为了防止别人进入
This isn’t for keeping people out.
你要把它从狗场挪到这里面
You’re taking him out of the kennel and putting him in here?
狗场关不住他
The kennel won’t hold him.
-很显然你的狗 -它不是我的狗
– Apparently your dog– – Not my dog.
你的狗 破坏了我的队伍
Your dog, who disrupts my team.
你的狗 无论我用膝盖
Your dog, who jumps on me
顶它多少次 都要跳起来扑我
no matter how many knees I put to his chest.
你的狗 违反了犬群的规则
Your dog, who violates the rules of the pack
将我多年来构建的犬群阶级扰乱了
and upsets the hierarchy I’ve worked years to establish.
你的恶犬 用造♥反♥回报你的宽容
Your cur, who rewards your kind nature with anarchy.
这是为了把它关起来
This is for keeping him in.
它是把我们家拆了一块吗
Was that a piece of our house?
出发
Hike!
好样的
Good dogs!
下午好啊
Well, good afternoon.
祝你好运 小家伙
Good luck, little one.
你怎么又逃出来了
Hey! You again?
别闹了 不要闹了
Just leave it. Leave it!
停下 不行
Stop! No!
停下 让我 你这个小恶魔
Stop! Let– You little devil.
停下
Hey! Stop that!
你见到欧基时 替我问好
When you see Oki, say hello.
我不会见到欧基
Not going to see Oki.
你打算横穿海湾吗
You’re gonna cut across the Sound?
这样能够节省一天
It’ll save me a day.
这样你会丢掉性命
It’ll cost you your life.
我以前也这么干过
I’ve done it before.
冰层现在难以预测
The ice is unpredictable now.
我们能做到 听我说
We’ll make it. Listen to me,
在我带着药回来之前
stay away from contact with people
不要和他人接触
until I come back with the medicine.
还有谁会蠢到在这种天气来这里
Who would be foolish enough to come here in this weather?
好了 多哥
All right, Togo.
前进
Hike!
好狗狗 冲过去
Good dog! On by!
怎么了 我的狗狗 冰有什么可怕的
What, my pups, are we to fear ice now?
如果谁没有勇气打这一仗
He which hath no stomach to this fight,
这一段赛裴拉改编了莎士比亚的
《亨利五世》中亨利国王的演讲
就让它离队 我们给它发通行证
let him depart. His passport shall be made.
我们不愿跟这样的狗死在一起
We will not die in that dog’s company.
老狗会忘记 但是它会记得分外清楚
Old dogs forget but he will remember, with advantages,
那天它所做的壮举
the feats he did that day.
我们的名字在它口中就像家常话一样熟悉
Then shall our names familiar in his mouth as household words,
雪橇人 赛裴拉
Seppala, the driver,
福瑞兹和萨利 莫莉和小红还有多哥
Fritz and Sally, Molly and Red and Togo,
伟大的多哥在前面领队
the great Togo in lead,
这些名字 在它们从水碗中畅饮时
be all in their flowing water bowls
都会被清晰地记起
freshly remembered.
而身在诺姆的狗 正躺在床上
And dogs in Nome, now abed,
会认为它们此刻不在这里是受到了诅咒
shall think themselves accursed they were not here.
我们这少数的几个 幸福的少数几个
We few, we happy few,
我们是一支冠军队伍
we band of champions.
奔跑吧 我的狗狗 奔跑
Now, run, my pups. Run!
诺姆掘金报
独♥立♥报社
马克斯 把这个发给美♥联♥社♥
Max, get this out to the Associated Press.
人们应该知道这里发生的事
People should know what’s happening here.
你就只写这些吗
This is all you want to write?
我现在只能写出这些
It’s all I have in me.
气温接近零下五十摄氏度
风速高达每小时八十公里
西雅图
西雅图邮讯报
瘟疫在诺姆威胁上千人性命
白喉疫情恶化 风暴接近
“气温接近零下五十摄氏度
“Temperatures of almost 60 degrees below zero
芝加哥
风速高达每小时八十公里”
and winds topping 50 miles an hour.”
“人和狗不顾一切
“Man and dog risk all
纽约
踏上往返一千公里的征程”
on a 6♥4♥0-mile round trip.”
在生死攸关的关头
With lives in the balance,
在我们几乎无法想象的可怕条件下
a heroic race runs through conditions
一场英勇的赛跑正在进行
so terrible we can scarcely imagine.
费城
所有人的疑问都不是
The question on everyone’s lips is not
“他们能及时把药取回来吗”
“can they get there and back in time?”
而是”他们真能活着回来吗”
but “can they get there and back at all?”
干得好 狗狗们 干得好
Well done, pups. Well done!
你累坏了
You’re trail weary.
有过更累的时候
I’ve been worse.
下一站是努拉托吗
So, to Nulato next?
一个小时后出发
In an hour.
怎么 你嫌我们烦了
Why? We bothering you?
我只烦你这个白人
Only the white man bothers me.
我会容忍♥你只因为我喜欢你的小狗
I only tolerate you because I like your little dog.
你是喜欢在我的小狗身上下注
You like to bet on my little dog.
比赛时待在驿站是有好处的
There are advantages to being at this roadhouse on race days.
大多数的狗到达沙克图利克时
Most dogs, when they reach Shaktoolik,
眼里满是忧虑
have worry in their eyes.
这条狗 从来不会
This one, never.
这家伙想快点赢
This one wants to hurry up and win
这样就能去追驯鹿斗白熊了
so he can chase caribou and fight polar bear.
我试过把它送人
I tried to give him away, you know.
试了两次
Twice.

Whoa!
我跟我父亲说我要来阿♥拉♥斯加时
When I told my father I was leaving for Alaska,
他嘲笑我 他以为我在开玩笑
he laughed at me. He thought it was a joke.
只有白♥痴♥才会傻到
Only an idiot would be foolish enough
不在挪威当学徒
to give up an apprenticeship in Norway
跑来美国等失业
to be unemployed in America.
当我说出”金子”时 他扇了我一耳光
When I said the word “gold,” he slapped me.
还说他敢保证 我在阿♥拉♥斯加
And he promised me that the only gold
唯一能找到的金子就是我嘴里的金牙
I would find in Alaska was what I’d brought in my own teeth.
他说对了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!