But I want you to promise me one thing:
你不会再为此打架
That you won’t get into fights over it,
不管他们说什么
no matter what they say to you.
[车驶近]- 是的,先生
[Car Approaching]- Yes, sir.
[引擎空转]
[Car Engine ldling]
你在干什么? – 我走起来好像埃及人
What are you doing? – I’m walking like an Egyptian.
我们在学校学的 – [引擎熄火]
We were studyin’ about ’em in school. – [Engine Stops]
老师说没有他们就没有我们
Teacher says we wouldn’t be no place without ’em.
是这样吗?
Is that so?
文明的发源地 他们发明了尸体的防腐方法和手纸.
Cradle of civilization. They invented embalming and toilet paper.
不对,斯科特
That’s wrong, Scout.
你的脚要这样 – 看,吉姆
You do your feet this way. – Look, Jem.
看,男孩把头发梳到眉毛前面 就像你一样
Look, the boy wears hair in front of his eyebrows like you do.
是的 还有女生带和你一样带着头箍
Yeah, and the girl wears bangs like you.
[低语]这是我们
[Whispers]These are of us.
[孩子们跑开]
[Children Running]
[轻轻地]吉姆,你醒了吗?
[Softly]Jem, you awake?
回去睡爸吧 – 我睡不着
Go back to bed. – I can’t go to sleep.
回去睡吧
Go back to bed.
[斯科特]你的盒子里有什么?
[Scout]What you got in the box?
没什么,回去睡觉吧
Nothin’. Go back to bed.
快
Come on.
如果我告诉你 你能发誓不告诉别人吗?
If I show you, will you swear never to tell anybody?
我发誓
I swear.
用心发誓
Cross your heart.
[表滴答]
[Watch Ticking]
[滴答]
[Ticking Continues]
[滴答]- [吉姆]我找到这些…
[Ticking]- [Jem]I found all of these…
其他时候从那个树洞里找到的
in the knothole of that old tree at different times.
[轻声细语]这是一个拼字比赛的奖牌
[Softly]This is a spelling medal.
你知道吗 他们把这给拼字比赛的冠军…
You know they used to award these in school to spelling winners…
在我们出生之前
before we were born.
另一次我发现了这个
And another time, I found this.
[滴答]
[Ticking]
[滴答]
[Ticking Continues]
还有这个
And this.
斯科特…
Scout…
你知不知道别的我没有告诉过你的
you know somethin’ else I never told you about that night I went back…
那天晚上回到莱利家的事情? – 别的事情?
to the Radley house? – “Somethin’ else”?
你并没有告诉我关于那个晚上的任何事情
You never told me anything about that night.
好吧…
Well…
我第一次掉了裤子的时候
the first time when I was gettin’ out of my britches?
嗯 – 裤子被缠住了
Uh-huh. – Well, they was all in a tangle,
我无法把它弄出来
and I couldn’t get ’em loose.
可是,当我回去的时候
Well, when I went back, though,
裤子已经被叠好了,整整齐齐的放在篱笆边
they were folded across the fence,
就像是在等着我回去拿一样
sort of like they was expectin’ me.
[怀表滴答]
[Watch Ticking]
[成年 斯科特]时间过了很久…
[Adult Scout]It was to be a long time…
吉姆 和我才再次谈起布
before Jem and I talked about Boo again.
学期终于结束了 夏天到了…
School finally ended and summer came…
迪尔 也一样
and so did Dill.
早上好 – 早上好,亲爱的,你…
Good mornin’. – Good mornin’. My, you’re up…
又聪明起地又早
mighty bright and early.
噢,我四点钟就起来了
Ooh, I been up since 4:00.
[卡尔]四点钟? – 是啊,我总是四点钟起床
[Cal]4:00? – Oh, yes, I always get up at 4:00.
我都习惯了
It’s in my blood.
我爸爸有钱之前是个铁道工
My daddy was a railroad man ’til he got rich.
现在他开飞机
Now he flies airplanes.
有一天
One of these days,
他经过 梅岗镇时甚至想俯冲下来
he’s just gonna swoop down here at Maycomb,
接上我去兜风
pick me up and take me for a ride.
车里和泰特警长坐在一起的是谁啊?
Who’s that in the car with Sheriff Tate?
那是 汤姆.罗宾逊,孩子
Tom Robinson, son.
他去哪儿了
Where’s he been?
阿勃次村 监狱
In the Abbottsville jail.
为什么? – 警长认为他呆在那儿比较安全
Why? – The sheriff thought he’d be safer there.
他们今晚要带他回来…
They’re bringin’ him back here tonight…
因为明天是他上庭的日子
because his trial is tomorrow.
[蟋蟀鸣叫]
[Crickets Chirping]
[敲门声]
[Knocking]
嗨,晚上好,海克 – 晚上好,芬奇先生
Well, good evenin’, Heck. – Good evenin’, Mr. Finch.
进来吧
Come in.
我把 汤姆.罗宾逊 带回监狱的消息 已经传遍了镇子
The news has gotten around the county about my bringin’ Tom Robinson back to the jail.
我听说 老沙兰 那些家伙 可能会找麻烦
I, uh, heard there might be trouble from that bunch out at Old Sarum.
卡尔,如果我需要你今晚呆在这里 你能做到吗?
Cal, if I need you to stay here tonight, can you do it?
是的,先生,我能 – 谢谢你
Yes, sir, I can. – Thank you.
[碟子碰撞声]
[Dishes Clattering]
我想你最好留下来
I think you better count on stayin’.
好的,先生
Yes, sir.
[开门、关门声]
[Door Opens, Shuts]
[开车门、关车门声]
[Car Door Opens, Shuts]
[引擎发动,汽车离去]
[Engine Starts, Car Departs]
怎么了? – 嘘,回去睡觉
What’s goin’ on? – Shh. Go back to sleep.
[斯科特]到底怎么了? – 嘘
[Scout]What’s goin’ on? – Shh.
[吉姆 低语]嘿,那是他的车
[Jem Whispers]Hey, there’s his car.
[低语]他在那儿
[Whispering]There he is over there.
不,斯科特,不要打扰他 他可能不喜欢那样
No, Scout, don’t go to him. He might not like it.
我就是想看看他在那儿做什么
I just wanted to see where he was and what he was up to.
他没事 我们回去吧
He’s all right. Let’s go back home.
快
Come on.
[汽车驶近]
[Cars Approaching]
[汽车驶近]
[Cars Approaching]
[刹车声]
[Brakes Squeaking]
[引擎熄火]
[Engines Stop]
他在那儿吗,芬奇先生? – 是的,他在
He in there, Mr. Finch? – He is.
他睡着了 请不要惊动他
He’s asleep. Don’t wake him.
你知道我们想做什么
You know what we want.
从那扇门前让开,芬奇先生
Get aside from that door, Mr. Finch.
沃特…
Walter…
我认为你们应该掉转头回家去
I think you oughta turn right around and go back home.
海克.太特 就在这附近 – [男子]不,他不在!
Heck Tate’s around here somewhere. – [Man]No, he ain’t!
海克 和他的手下正在 老沙兰 寻找我们
Heck and his bunch is out in Old Sarum, lookin’ for us.
[男子]我们知道他在那里 所以我们走了另一条路
[Man #2]We knowed he was, so we come in this other way.
你没有想到那些,是吗,芬奇先生? – [阿提克斯]我想到了
You ain’t thought about that, had you, Mr. Finch? – [Atticus]I thought about it.
我看不到 阿提克斯 – [阿提克斯]噢,事情有些变化
I can’t see Atticus. – [Atticus]Well, that changes things some.
[斯科特]阿提克斯
[Scout]Atticus.
嗨,阿提克斯 – 吉姆,回家去
Hey, Atticus. – Jem, go home.
带 斯科特 和 迪尔 回家去
Take Scout and Dill home with you.
儿子,我说了回家去 – 不,先生
Son, I said go home. – No, sir.
我来带他回家 – 不许碰他!
I’ll send him home. – Don’t you touch him!
放开他! 放开他!
Let him go! Let him go!
够了,斯科特
That’ll do, Scout.
难道看着别人那样对待 吉姆 吗!
Ain’t nobody gonna do Jem that way!
你带他们离开这里芬奇先生
You get ’em out of here, Mr. Finch.
吉姆,我请你离开这里
Jem, I want you to please leave.
不,先生 – 吉姆!
No, sir. – Jem!
我说了,我不走
I tell you, I ain’t goin’.
嗨,坎宁安先生
Hey, Mr. Cunningham.
我说,”嗨,坎宁安先生” 你的限定继承权怎么样了
I said, “Hey, Mr. Cunningham.” How’s your entailment gettin’ along?
你不记得我了吗,坎宁安先生
Don’t you remember me, Mr. Cunningham?
我是 简.路易斯.芬奇
I’m Jean Louise Finch.
有天早晨你还送给我们一些山胡桃坚果 记得吗?
You brought us some hickory nuts one morning. Remember?
我们还聊过呢
We had a talk.
是我去叫我爸爸出来谢谢你的
I went and got my daddy to come out and thank you.
我和你儿子一起上学 我和 沃特 一起上学
I go to school with your boy. I go to school with Walter.
他是个好孩子
He’s a nice boy.
替我给他问好,好吗?
Tell him “hey” for me, won’t you?
你知道出了什么事吗,坎宁安先生?
You know somethin’, Mr. Cunningham?
限定继承权一点也不好
Entailments are bad.
限定继承权… – [踱步]