you’ll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks.
你永远都不会理解一个人…
You never really understand a person…
除非你从他的角度去看问题
until you consider things from his point of view.
先生?
Sir?
除非你钻到他的心里面去
Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.
但是如果我再去学校 你就不能继续教我念书了
But if I keep going to school, we can’t ever read anymore.
斯科特…
Scout…
你知道什么是妥协吗?
do you know what a compromise is?
改变标准?
Bending the law?
哦…不
Uh… no.
这是要双方达成共识
It’s an agreement reached by mutual consent.
现在…这就是方法
Now… here’s the way it works.
如果你接受上学的事实
You concede the necessity of going to school,
我们就照旧每天晚上读书…
we’ll keep right on reading the same every night…
和平常一样
just as we always have.
这是讨价还价吗?
That a bargain?
[成年 斯科特 旁白]那好像没有…
[Adult Scout Narrating]There just didn’t seem to be…
任何人或任何事是 阿提克斯 所不能解释的
anyone or anything Atticus couldn’t explain.
虽然那并不是天生的 就能够得到我们所有朋友的钦佩
Though it wasn’t a talent that would arouse the admiration of any of our friends,
但是 吉姆 和我不得不要承认 他在这方面真的很行
Jem and I had to admit he was very good at that.
[犬吠]- 但这就是他所有的长处了 …我们以为是
[Dog Growling]- But that was all he was good at… we thought.
看?它在哪儿 – [继续叫]
See? There he is. – [Growling Continues]
[咆哮]
[Snarling, Growling]
[咆哮]
[Snarling, Growling Continue]
斯科特,吉姆 进来
Scout, Jem, come on inside.
[吼]- 近来!快,进来
[Snarling Continues]- Come on! Come on. Get in.
芬奇先生? 这是 卡儿
Mr. Finch? This is Cal.
我发誓在路上有一只疯狗
I swear to God, there’s a mad dog down the street a piece.
他朝这边过来!
He’s coming this way!
[车驶近]
[Car Approaching]
就是它了
There he is.
是它,好的芬奇先生
He’s got it, all right, Mr. Finch.
躲进里面孩子们 让他们进去 卡儿
Stay inside, son. Keep them in there, Cal.
他进了射程,海克
He’s within range, Heck.
[狗叫]- 你来吧,芬奇先生
[Dog Snarling]- Take him, Mr. Finch.
哦,不,泰特 先生!他不行的! – 别浪费时间,海克
Oh, no, Mr. Tate! He can’t shoot! – Don’t waste time, Heck.
在他跑之前要把杀掉它
He’s got to be killed before he starts runnin’.
看清楚它的位置,你知道的,我不行的
Look where he is. I can’t shoot that well, and you know it.
[阿提克斯]我很久没有开枪了
[Atticus]I haven’t shot a gun in years.
我觉得你现在开枪是最佳时候了
I’d feel mighty comfortable if you did now.
[狗吠]
[Dog Snarling, Barking]
[狗吠]
[Snarling, Barking Continue]
[咆哮]
[Growling]
[咆哮]
[Growling Continues]
别靠近那狗,它和活着的时候一样危险 – 是的,先生
Don’t go near that dog. He’s just as dangerous dead as alive. – Yes, sir.
阿提克斯? – 怎么,儿子
Atticus? – Yes, son.
没事 – 怎么了,孩子?你不能说话吗?
Nothin’. – What’s the matter, boy? Can’t you talk?
你不知道你♥爸♥爸是镇里的神枪手吗? – 哦,嘘,海克
Didn’t you know your daddy is the best shot in this county? – Oh, hush, Heck.
让我们回城去吧
Let’s get back to town.
记住,别靠近那狗 – 是的
Remember now, don’t go near that dog. – Yes, sir.
我会马上让 吉布 来处理这个
I’ll send Zeebo out right away to pick him up.
[吉姆]嘿,阿提克斯,我们能和你一起吗?
[Jem Shouts]Hey, Atticus, can we go with ya?
可以吗,求你了? – 可以吗?
Can we, please? – Huh, can we?
我要去县里办事 你们会很累的
I have to go to the country on business, and you’ll just get tired.
哦,不,我们不会
Oh, no, not me. I won’t get tired.
好的,你们要答应我当我和 海伦.罗宾逊 说话的时候你们要呆在车里?
Well, you promise to stay in the car while I talk to Helen Robinson?
嗯,好的 – 而且别催我离开,如果你们累的话?
Mm-hmm. – And not nag me about leaving if you get tired?
好的 – 好吧,上车
Huh-uh. – All right, climb in.
谁是 海伦.罗宾逊? – 她是我辩护人的妻子
Who’s Helen Robinson? – She’s the wife of the man I’m defending.
[刹车声]
[Brakes Squeak]
晚上好,大卫 – 晚上好
Good evening, David. – Good evening.
晚上好,海伦 – 晚上好
Good evening, Helen. – Evening, Mr. Finch.
我来告诉你我和 汤姆 见面的情况 – 是的,先生
I came over to tell you about my visit with Tom. – Yes, sir.
而且还要告诉你 已经争取到这个案子的延期
And to let you know that I got a postponement of the trial.
[阿提克斯 继续说]
[Atticus Continues, lndistinct]
[树叶沙沙响]
[Leaves Rustling]
你能让我的爸爸出来一下吗?
Would you tell my daddy to come out here, please?
[脚步渐近]
[Footsteps Approaching]
你这个黑人守护者
You nigger lover.
别怕他,孩子们 他就是要吓唬你们
No need to be afraid of him, son. He’s all bluff.
[发动引擎]
[Starts Engine]
[依威尔]黑人守护者!
[Ewell]Nigger lover!
这世界有很多黑暗面,孩子们
There’s a lot of ugly things in this world, son.
我希望我能将 你们和这些东西隔绝开
I wish I could keep ’em all away from you.
但是这不可能
That’s never possible.
卡儿,如果你能让 斯科特 睡觉 我等会儿载你回家
Cal, if you wait ’til I get Scout in bed, I’ll drive you home.
好的,先生
Yes, sir.
吉姆,你可以在这陪着 斯科特 直到我带 卡儿 回去吗?
Jem, do you mind stayin’ here with Scout ’til I get Cal home?
没问题,先生 – 晚安,吉姆
No, sir. – Night, Jem.
晚安,卡儿
Night, Cal.
[车门关上]
[Car Door Shuts]
[引擎发动,车离开]
[Engine Starts, Car Departs]
[树叶唦唦]
[Rustling]
[唦唦]
[Rustling Continues]
[唦唦]
[Rustling]
[唦唦]
[Rustling]
[唦唦]
[Rustling Continues]
[鸟叫]
[Bird Screeching]
阿提克斯!阿提克斯!
Atticus! Atticus!
阿提克斯!
Atticus!
[叹气]
[Sighs]
[鸟叫]
[Bird Screeches]
[重击声]
[Banging, Creaking]
[重击声]
[Banging, Creaking Continue]
[脚步声]
[Footsteps]
[重击声]
[Banging, Creaking]
[重击声]
[Continues Banging, Creaking]
[鸟叫]
[Bird Screeches]
[重击声]
[Banging]
[重击声]
[Banging, Creaking]
[重击声]
[Banging Continues]
[重击声]
[Banging Continues]
[鸟叫]
[Bird Screeches]
[成年 斯科特]阿提克斯 曾经告诫过我 他会抛弃我…
[Adult Scout]Atticus had promised me he would wear me out…
如果他再听说我打架
if he ever heard of me fightin’ anymore.
我已经长大了 不能再做小孩子做的事了
I was far too old and too big for such childish things.
我越早学会控制自己 就能在大家当中表现的越好
And the sooner I learned to hold in, the better off everybody would be.
但是我很快就忘记了
I soon forgot.
是 西锡 让我忘记这个的
Cecil Jacobs made me forget.
哦,那是什么,斯科特?
Oh, what is it, Scout?
阿提克斯,你为黑奴辩护?
Atticus, do you defend niggers?
别说”黑奴”,斯特科 – 我没说
Don’t say “nigger,” Scout. – I didn’t say it.
西锡 说的 这就是为什么我要和他打架
Cecil Jacobs did. That’s why I had to fight him.
斯科特 我不想你打架
Scout, I don’t want you fightin’.
我就要,阿提克斯
I had to, Atticus.
他… – 我才不管是什么理由
He– – I don’t care what the reasons are.
我就是不让你打架 – 好的
I forbid you to fight. – Yes.
无论怎样… 我只是 在帮一个黑人辩护,汤姆
Anyway… I’m simply defending a Negro, Tom Robinson.
现在,斯科特 有些事…
Now, Scout, there are some things that…
因为你太小所以不知道
you’re not old enough to understand just yet.
是镇里传的很疯的一些话…
There’s been some high talk around town…
说我不应该帮这人
to the effect that I shouldn’t do much about defending this man.
如果你不应该做 那你又为什么要做呢?
If you shouldn’t be defending him, then why are you doing it?
有几个原因
For a number of reasons.
主要的是,如果我不做的话
The main one is that, if I didn’t,
我觉得我会在镇里抬不起头
I couldn’t hold my head up in town.
我甚至不能告诉你和吉姆…
I couldn’t even tell you or Jem…
什么事不能再做
not to do something again.
[轻声地]斯科特
[Softly]Scout.
你在学校里也会听到 一些关于这事的负面新闻
You’re gonna hear some ugly talk about this in school.
但是我要你答应我一件事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!